If Only

By -missmischief

๐—‚๐–ฟ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—…๐—’ ๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—‚๐—€๐—‡๐—Œ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—‡๐— ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—†๐–พ ๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๏ฟฝ... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

08

8.2K 381 64
By -missmischief

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
the horror you have committed is not who you are

OPHELIA and Bella started up at the Cullen's home, their hands linked, and their expressions hard. They were ready for a confrontation.

They had spent all might, searching about Cold Ones, what they were, what they could do, how they looked, etcetera. But, they did not know truth from fiction, so they decided to take it up by themselves, and go straight to the problem.

So, here they were, walking up to the door with confidence, looking like true twins.

"Hello," Carlisle greeted as he opened up the door just as the twins approached the front door. "What are—"

"No time for that," Ophelia snapped. "We know what you are." She tilted her head as she saw his eyes widen, and how he gulped. "And we want answers, now."

"Come in," Carlisle said, and the twins stepped through the threshold, and walked into the living room where the rest of the family was. It was like they were already ready to be confronted.

"You came here for answers," Edward stood up as he approached them, his eyes switching between them. "Well, we want them, too."

Ophelia tilted her head. "You do?"

"There was no way that I could've pushed that truck that hard, and leave that big of a dent," He started and she chuckled.

"So you want answers on why you're weak?" She clicked her tongue. "Well, I cant really help you there."

"O..." Bella nudged the original in the side, but she was also chuckling did to the look on Edwards face.

"Can they leave before I rip open their throats?!" Rosalie threatened as she stood up. "They're pathetic humans who are going to put our lives on the line! Let's just take them to the Volturi and have them deal with the insufferable—"

Rosalie was cut off when Ophelia suddenly flashed over to her, and held her up by her neck, cracking it. "You listen here, and you listen good, no one threatens me or someone I care about or they will be the ones getting their throats ripped out!" She threatened and tightened her hold even more before letting the blonde fall to the ground. "We know what you are, and we are not stupid enough to go out in the world screaming that some pathetic excuses of vampires exist."

"She's right," Bella said, standing tall. "After all, we got secrets of our own, and we — just like you — would like to keep them on the down low. Now, instead of threatening or saying completely stupid, how about you let 'Phelia speak before she does as she said; rip your throats out," she paused, "and with her teeth, too." She smirked as the original reached her side.

"I've taught you well, little one," Ophelia said with a proud smirk plastered on her face.

"You already know what we are," Carlisle spoke up after checking on Rose. Now, all the Cullens were standing up, facing the dark haired girls in surprise. "But, we do not know what you are."

"And that's not much of your concern, now, is it?" Ophelia asked, raising an eyebrow at the doctor.

"We do not want to cause harm to anyone, and we need to make sure that you—"

"No one will ever control me," she snapped, especially not some downgrade of a vampire. I mean really? I think whoever made you disco balls were on drugs."

"Apotamkin or what we go by, Cold Ones," Carlisle spoke up as he held onto his wife. "Pretty much like the myth version of vampires — fast, strong, and blood thirsty. Though, my family and I, we are different, we choose to drink from animals."

Ophelia sighed heavily. "More Stefan Salvatore's!" She exclaimed. "I don't know why you do that, human blood is so much more—"

"We frown upon it," Carlisle stared, "Jasper is new, so do not be trying to—"

"Oh, shush, you shiny thing," Ophelia hissed, "I am not here to corrupt your little minds. I'm just here to make sure that none of you are here to cause a threat to my existence or Bella."

"Why would anyone care for you?" Rosalie asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Because I am a Mikaelson," Ophelia stated with a smirk, but was surprised when their stances didn't change. "You don't know about me, do you?" She was more than amused. "Oh, wow, that's the first."

"Then tell us who you are." Alice stepped forward, curious.

"Well, I guess I have always loved a good story, Ophelia commented before glancing over at Bella. "Might as well have some fun while we're here, Bells."

"My father was a landowner from Europe," she began, like she always did if she were to tell anyone her story. "My parents had just started a family when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate, so they moved to what is now a town in Virginia." 

Edward cuts her off, "This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet." 

"Not by anyone in your history books." She smirked. "But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy... blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family there, where we lived amongst those people." She paused seeing slightly confused faces before speaking again. "Werewolves."

Satisfied with their expressions, she continued, "To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over twenty years, during which time my family had more children, including me. Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home..."

Ophelia takes a deep breath, gritting her teeth knowing what she was about to say next, not masking the pain in her voice. "One full moon, my brother Niklaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price." She smiled as Bella tightened her hold on her hand. "And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors, as well as one of the last moments my family had together as humans." 

The Cullen's began to relax slightly in her presence, and began to feel sorry for her.

"My parents turned to the witch Ayana. They wanted a way to protect their children, and so they did what they thought was best." 

"So, vampirism was a form of protection?" Rosalie interrupted.

"What else would it be?" Ophelia questioned.

"A curse?" 

She shook her head. "My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive." 

Emmett cleared his throat. "Then why stay if they were so afraid of the werewolves? Why not leave?" 

Ophelia hummed in response, a wry smile on her lips. "Pride... My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they would bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses..." The Cullen's were very sympathetic towards her, especially Jasper seeing as he felt her pain. "When my parents requested the help of Ayana, she refused. She wanted no part in it. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger." 

"Black magic?" Alice inquired.

"My mother was also a witch. The witch of the Original Family. The Original Witch." 

Esme was curious as she tilted her head. "If she was a witch, then..?"

"Am I?" Ophelia shook her head. "No, a witch is nature's servant; a vampire is an abomination of nature. You can either be one or the other, never both. My mother did this for us. She did not turn." 

"How did you turn?" Rosalie asked, beginning to ease up on the girl.

"She called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts." She placed her hand above her heart, remembering the pain, with her eyes downcast. 

Everyone appeared stunned.  "He killed you?" Esme whispered.

"And he wasn't delicate about it either," she retorted as Bella wrapped an arm around her. "We had to drink blood to complete the ritual. It was euphoric! The feeling of power was indescribable... but the witch Ayana was right about the consequences. The spirits turned on us, and nature fought back... For every strength, there would be a weakness... The sun became our enemy, it would burn us. It kept us indoors for weeks. And though my mother found a solution, there were other problems... Neighbors who had opened their homes to us could now keep us out. Flowers at the base of the white oak burned and prevented compulsion. And the spell decreed that the tree that gave us life could also take it away...so we burned it to the ground. Thus the first vampires were born," she finished, taking s breath as she looked around at all the Cullen's.

Bella stepped forward, her hand still in Ophelia's. "Now that you know about her, tell us about you." She tilted her head. "Like, why are your eyes yellow?"

"They're yellow to signify that we drink animal blood, not humans," Carlisle spoke up. "If we were to drink human blood, they would be red."

"That's cool," Bella said with a smile as she glanced over at Edward who was already gazing at her.

"But, the also sparkle like ducking disco balls!" Ophelia exclaimed. "I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want their sparkly ass dick in my—"

"Ophelia!" Bella exclaimed, blushing deeply as Emmett boomed in laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648 34 16
"Families are grief, pain and love. My family is power. And I could drown in it a thousand times over." It's been a thousand years. And Avra Mikaels...
775 32 17
Book Two- Sequel to The Original Family. Over a thousand years ago, the Mikaelson family were just like everyone else, a family trying to survive whe...
248K 5K 47
~COMPLETED~ The Mikaelsons, they are the oldest and most feared family of vampires the world has ever known. They are also the most broken family who...
953 14 22
When Lilliana was turned into a vampire by her boyfriend/now-fiance Elijah Mikaelson, she certainly didn't expect being thrust into the middle of an...