10 Things: A Cody Simpson Fan...

By CODESTERs

10 things. Just 10 things on her bucketlist that she wishes to have completed, all alone with nothing but smi... More

Prologue
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six

Two

3.1K 61 9
By CODESTERs

BAM.

         And just like that, three days have gone by as freely as the wind, and here I was... In the airport… Waiting for my one and only idol, Cody Robert Simpson.

          Yes, I had nothing better to do. And yes, it’s lucky I had nothing to do because the time I woke up (exactly on the dot, six in the morning. And no, I am definitely not a morning person) my heart started beating in an extreme speed, intuitively.

          I sensed a day with much in store for me…and I was definitely uncertain of it being a fact. Just saying, it might not be true, though. Plus, it might turn out exactly the opposite where I’ll embarrass myself in front of everyone in the airport terminal, and most importantly, my idol.

         Geez. The feeling already freaked me the heck out.

         I turned my head to look at the clock hanging down from the ceiling and accidentally swept my eyes across the whole room of blondies.

          Some were sitting down on the ground with bandanas around their heads with the words ‘#ProudAngelRightHere’; some were carrying huge plastic boards with decorative words and pictures of Cody himself on them; some were screaming and cheering while waiting for Cody’s arrival, which was in less than ten minutes; some were hyperventilating-slash-crying their lungs-slash-hearts out (I’m sure Cody would go all, ‘Girl, don’t you cry your heart out.’) but we all know they’re just overly-excited about meeting Cody, eh?

          Lastly, most were talking among each other and shooting glances at the arrival hall. And people like me… Well, since I’m all alone, I was just standing and looking around.

          I mean, what’s there to do while waiting? My heart felt like it was ready to surge out from my chest any second now; my legs were turning into jello because of how anxious-slash-nervous-slash-excited I was and my hands were in a minor trembling state―if that even made sense.

          In simpler words, if I stood still…which will definitely never happen, I would fidget a little more than just a lot.

         I was a nanosecond away from squeezing my eyes shut to stifle a stretch while I yawned, when a scream shot through my ears and stung me deeply, resulting in me jumping in shock and my eyes flying open the next second.

          Another, and another then followed the scream, and the last one, and now every single girl around me was screaming in a chorus.

         And it only meant one thing: Cody has arrived.

         By the time I looked around and craned my neck to look behind me, every girl was trying their best to squeeze their way forward, making me look like I was sandwiched by several of them. And since I was a tad claustrophobic, I began having difficulty to breathe.

         Desperately gasping for more air to enter my lungs, I squeezed my way to the back where the area was emptier and thousand times more airy. Without looking up, I took a few steps forward and doubled over, reaching my hand up to clutch my chest while I coughed away the pre-cursor to suffocation.

         I was coughing―until my head banged against something hard. It was softer than wall, yet harder than human.

          I swallowed my coughs and swear I nearly choked on them, but I managed to keep still and steady myself before straightening myself up to say sorry. I let out a steady sigh and gulped hard in attempt to push the coughs down.

          Air finally!

          I looked up to see whom it was, to see that person’s eyes, but I couldn’t. He was wearing his ray-ban. And this did not benefit me because as a curious child since I was ever-so young, I was really eager to know who he was.

         I’m sorry, everyone. But Cody Simpson has officially left the building. Please kindly leave so as to not cause further disruptions to other passengers. Please cooperate with us. Thank you.

          And that was the intercom.

          Slowly, though, the screams ceased and the girls boo’ed, sighed, cried and some even cussed at volume seven.

         So I came here for nothing? This might be staged, though. Cody might still be here…then again, really, maybe not. Gosh, why?! I wanted to meet him, so bad!

         I shifted my gaze to his hair, but I couldn’t see it because the next thing I knew and before I could look to see if it was who I thought it was, he reached for the back oh his neck, quickly pulling his grey hood over his head, covering his hair entirely.

          He grabbed my hand gently with his own warm one, and pulled me into his body as he slid his arms around me in a rather… Couple-ish manner, and embraced me while he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

          Every little action happened so fast to me that, all I could do was stay still in his arms and stare at nowhere in particular, trying to re-think of everything.

         Everything was a huge blur for me.

         “I KNOW HE’S IN HERE SOMEWHERE,” I heard a girl yell behind us, and the rest answered with several answers, all mixed together. I felt unknown’s arms tighten around me, and as all of them rushed past us, producing some kind of wind that indicated that they were behind us already.

          So this actually proved something: Cody’s Angels…well some―okay, or most, could actually be practically as competitive and aggressive as Beliebers. Honestly, it freaked me out sometimes, knowing that. I mean, yeah, they’re called Angels but mess with them, and they’ll make sure you lose with no end.

         We Angels are just too angelic for our own good.

         When the screams were growing distant, I gulped hard before opening my eyes to double check if the girls were really far… Which, may I add, they really were.

          They were behind the glass doors of the terminal; out in open air, attacking the police officers-slash-guards, screaming, and simply just yelling for them to admit the fact-not-fact that Cody was still in here. I fought the urge to laugh.

         Why do I feel like such a hyprocrite?

         Which brought me back to reality, that a stranger was cuddling me. I opened my mouth to ask him if he was okay, but he beat me to it with a completely different question, immediately. “Can I let go, now?”

         “Um,” that voice was so familiar, but I just can’t quite my finger on who it was, “sure.” And I was sure I ended off my single-word statement in a questioning tone instead of an assuring one. But what was I to do? I mean, I don’t even know why I’m in the arms of a stranger and what he’s hiding from.

         He slowly untangled himself away from me and took a step back once his hands were back by his sides, and took a quick glance around us before turning to look at me as his right hand made its way up to his ray-ban, pulling it off.

          Why was he giving out that idea of a mysterious and secretive fella? Like, oh crap, please don’t tell me he’s some sort of kidnapper or rapist.

          Oh, my, God.

          But then again, how could it be? He didn’t seem or sound old, too old, in fact, to be a rapist (even though a rapist could be at age ten, even) he sounded just…normal? He sounded familiar. When he finally took down his ray-ban, I took a good, long look at him, and figured he looked like Cody Simpson.

         Hold on just a second. Please. But… CODY?

         And within a second, something huge struck me in the head just as my senses started flowing in like running water gurgling down the drain in a day of heavy rain as my pulse started beating faster.

          The thoughts… My thoughts and theories were driving me insane to the extent where I was actually trying to convince myself that I was hallucinating. And now I sound no doubt, mental.

         “If you’re a fan, thank you,” he quickly voiced out, I think, to make sure I didn’t scream, “if you’re not, I’m, uh, thanks? Wait, what? Uh, sorry. I mean―” I couldn’t scream because something was compressing it down.

          Or in fact, it has been suppressed and I had no longer the ability to scream, but only to talk. His aqua-colored eyes were so mesmerizing.

         I gulped. But I smiled; nonetheless, ignoring how fast my heart was beating because of who was standing right before me. My legs were shaking so bad, so bad, but I couldn’t show it now. Not now, not never, not ever. “I get you. I, uh, I get you, Cody.”

         “So you’re my Angel, I assume?” The corners of his lips twitched and curved upward, forming a smile that had me melting. That dazzling smile was so amazing in person. “Well… I suppose, I don’t need any introduction, but… Hey, I’m Cody Simpson. What about you?”

          Oh, gosh. His Australian accent sounded so sexy. Sexier than mine, even.

         I cleared my throat at my stupid thoughts and shook my head once, quickly, like the idiot I am, before answering him. I think this is just the first step to my first humiliating moment with my Cod―I mean, idol. “Merinda Lee Anderson.”

          Because stuttering is perfectly normal. And yes, I am just trying to make myself feel better. And yes, this is simply called denial.

         “G’day, Merinda,” his eyes glistened with cheekiness as he grinned at me before continuing; gosh, the way he said my name… Why do I sound like I’m so much in love with him?!

         Because you really are, a tiny voice at the back of my head softly said, and, you’re a yabber.

         Insult taken, and so is offense. Fine, I’m a yabber. Gee. But I don't talk much often, now, do I?!

         “Is there any chance that I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon at the meet and greet? Or, evening in the concert the next day?” He tucked both of his hands into his jean pockets and stared straight at me, into my eyes, before shooting me another smile that made me go weak in the knees.

         “Well, I will see you tomorrow… And the day after,” I shyly admitted, bringing my hand up to my head to scratch a sudden itchy part on the side.

          Yup, I was really shy. The only times my scalp’s itchy’s the only times I was either shy or nervous. And right now… I seemed to have loosened up and I’m just and completely myself. So I’m definitely not nervous.

         He nodded, still with the smile on his face, “Great, then. I’ll be waiting for ya.”

         Did he really just say that? I think saying I died would be an understatement, really. “Yeah, well,” I flashed him a smile, “you should go. You must be tired.”

         “Well, I’m aight. But I gotta stay energized for tomorrow, and the following day,” he shrugged his shoulders casually. “So… yeah, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

         I smiled, “Most definitely.”

         When the both of us were about to turn around to walk away―well, I was already walking to a distance from Cody already, when he startled me slightly by calling out my name. “Um, hey, Merinda?”

         I turned around to face him, confusion evidently written on my face. Then my hand was on my head again, as I once again scratched my scalp because it was really itchy, and not because I was shy or nervous. “Yeah?”

         “Can I give you a proper hug before you leave?” He genuinely smiled at me as he asked, his lips slowly forming yet another smile. I thought this kid never liked smiling? “I mean, to make up the uncomfortable hug, you know, just now.”

         Can I just… Somebody please tell me this is a dream? Please, tell me this is a dream. I don’t wanna fantasize about this and end up feeling depressed because it’s all fake. Seriously, though. If this was fake, I’d rather I woke up now than never, and having to cry after that. No, thanks.

         Before I shove you forward with my internal super power, you’d better go, that voice at the back of my head voiced out again, and I suddenly found myself making my way towards Cody, unfolding my arms at the very same time as he did. Cody was tall.

          And if I was just nearly half a head shorter than me, that meant I was extremely tall for a girl at this age.

         When I stepped into his arms, my arms, as though told by my instincts, instantly and naturally locked them around his neck while he circled his around my waist, pulling me in closer.

          This felt comfortable. And this hug meant a lot to me because of the news I’d received just only recently. I needed this more than anyone will ever know.

         “I’m sorry I kinda used you moments ago,” he whispered into my ear. “I had no choice. I would’ve just walked straight out, but I was forced into doing this because of Scooter. So, I am terribly sorry.”

         “It’s okay,” I let out a small laugh, “glad to know I was a great help that time.”

         I rested my head on his shoulder for a few seconds before lifting my head and stepping out of his arms. “Thanks for the hug. I needed that.”

         Instead of asking what, he just nodded, flashing me his pearly whites. “No problem. I needed that, too.”

         “So, I’m gonna head back now,” I said as I struggled to contain a laugh on the verge of my throat, threatening to leave my mouth. I was trying to tell him verbally, that if he wanted to say anything else, he could say it without having to call me again, once I’m ready to start walking to go back home.

         His cheeks flushed light pink. Was Cody blushing? Believe it or not, it was uber adorable.

          “Uh, yeah,” he took my playful hint, “if there were to be more to be said by me, I’ll tell you tomorrow. And if there were to be more, Alli would help me tell you the day after. So…yeah. It’s definitely a pleasure meeting you, Merinda. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

         I raised my hand in the air and waved at him with a smile plastered on my face as I began walking back the way I came here. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2K 7
This is a universe were classification can come down to your biological needs. Littles Caregivers Baselines. When everyone starts to suspect Tony of...
446K 4.4K 46
I never know what to write here, I mean the title says it all.
206K 2.5K 14
"If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never really in love or, still are." *Sequel to: Don't Cry Your Heart Out: A Cody Simps...
4.5K 18 15
the title says it all.. hope you enjoy it! ❤️