Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

17.) And so it begins

2.3K 128 114
By _jasthewriter

DIRTY DELTA
The next day

"How much you bet I can bag her?" Rico asked looking at Pedro. Seeing who the girl was, Pedro smirked.

"I got four hundred that says you can't." Pedro replied and Rico stared at him strangely, "Say no more." He said slapping hands with him.

Checking himself out in the car mirror, he fixed his tie before he strolled over towards Skylar.

She was too busy arguing with the customer service rep on the phone because they lost the gift she got for Bre.

"Excuse me?" Rico spoke tapping her shoulder and she looked at him with the most annoyed expression.

When he realized who she was, he glanced back at Pedro and shook his head.

"Four hundred dollars." He mouthed and Rico kissed his teeth turning back to Skylar.

Shaking her head, she went back to arguing with the guy and he laughed a little.

Tapping her again, Skylar stopped walking and removed her phone from her ear.

"Dirty Delta right?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"In the flesh." He replied then smirked and she gave him a funny look.

"Rose was it?"

Staring at him blankly, she looked behind him seeing Pedro standing there smirking.

"If you can remember my name then you should remember I got a man and he crazy as hell." She told him about to walk away but he grabbed her arm that was a little too tight for her liking.

"I beat niggas up." She warned pulling from his grasp.

Ignoring that comment, he slid his hands inside his pockets and stepped back a little.

"Can I take you out to lunch or buy you a drink?" He asked and she looked behind her then back at him putting two and two together.

"Did you no— didn't I j— boy bye." She dismissed placing the phone back to her ear, not liking the way she did his friend, Pedro walked over and snatched her phone out of her hand and threw it down.

Looking from her hand to the concrete to Pedro she had to take a moment to let things register.

"Word to mommy I'm finna smack da dog shit out of you son." She spat shoving him back then bent down to pick her phone up.

Rico looked at him like he lost his mind and all he did was shrug.

"What the fuck is "word to mommy?" He asked clearly unbothered by her threat and she tilted her head.

"It's means I'm about to give you dat real Harlem work my guy." She warned pushing him back and he chuckled.

"Yo ass ain't dat damn cute to be so stuck up, get dat dick out yo ass." He told her grabbing Rico's arm ignoring her cursing him out for breaking her phone.

"Told you bout these bitches ou—." Before he could finish his sentence she chucked her broken phone at his head.

"You gotta fight me bitch." She glared lunging at him but Rico grabbed her and Pedro stood back taunting her.

"Only bitch I see is you. All you had to do was be nice." He said then smirked and she lost it.

Pushing Rico back, she placed her keys between her fingers and swung slicing Pedro across his face.

Before he had time to react she cocked back and punched him right in his face.

"Yo what the fuck!" Rico yelled struggling to keep Skylar and Pedro away from one another.

Shoving Rico out the way, Pedro picked Sky up by her legs and without a warning slammed her on the concrete.

She was so pissed off she didn't feel the stick stab her in thigh.

She was going blow for blow with him and Rico was too scared to do anything.

He knew Pedro's history and he was afraid that was gonna come to an end real soon.

Don seen the commotion from the office as did a few passerby's that knew Sky and who she ran with.

Hopping out the car, the uncle of the neighborhood and an old dealer of Nell's got out and rushed over to the scene.

When Rico seen Don running out it was too late for him to stop.

Soon as Pedro cocked back for the third time to hit Skylar, Ed snatched him back with one hand and without a question knocked him right on his ass.

"Your ass is dead bitch!" Sky spat as blood leaked from her nose and lip.

Rico tried to speak but no words came out.

Don stood off in the back with his hands on top his head.

He knew there was nothing he could say or do. From what he already knew about August them, the only thing he could do was prepare for war.

Retrieving his phone from his pocket, he went and made a call.

Rico was trying to plead with Ed them to not touch Pedro and Pedro was egging them on.

"I bet yo ass will think twice about hitting a man bitch." He teased looking at Skylar and she removed her wedge and flung it at him.

"I got your bitch you dirty ass bastard, just wait!" She yelled trying to break free from Unc's hold.

Mace rushed outside with Carlos and Valentina was right behind.

A black suv pulled up with tinted windows pulled up almost hitting Skylar and Rico quickly shoved Pedro inside the back seat.

Skylar removed her other shoe and threw it at the back seat window cracking it slightly.

"Your dead bitch!" She yelled as the driver sped off.

The guys turned to Rico them about to say something until they noticed blood dripping from Skylar's leg.

"I knew I was gonna have to fight one of y'all ratchet bitches." Valentina spoke as she began to tie her hair up.

"Oh bitch you definitely don't wanna go there with me. I like to fight, so wassup?" Sky replied shoving Ed's hand away when he tapped her.

Valentina looked at Skylar then down at the stick and giggled.

"Looks like you got more problems to worry about mama." She teased pointing to her leg, ignoring her, Sky picked up her shattered phone then paused mid sit up when she saw August and Nate's car speeding her way.

"Time to go." Ed mumbled rushing to his car.

"Y'all in trouble." Was the last thing he said before he sped off. Unc stayed and Rico made his way over towards Don who just ended his phone call.

The look on his face let him know they were in for some shit.

"In da car." August asserted walking pass Sky not noticing the stick stabbing her in her thigh.

Removing his shirt, he shoved Valentina out the way and punched both Rico and Don in the face.

Before Mace and Carlos had time to break it up, Nate and Nell made their way over and got it in with them while Trina and Gabby helped Skylar inside the back seat of August's car.

It was in that moment that she noticed the stick was inside her thigh.

She was so pissed and in shock that she couldn't get her words out.

She just kept punching the seat as the tears streamed down her face.

She was beyond livid and wanted to fight again.

"Hold up." Trina said getting out the car when she saw Valentina getting in Nell's face.

"Man shortie get da hell out my face, I don't put my hands on women but I'll make an exception for your ugly ass." Nell gritted trying to side step Unc but he wouldn't allow him.

August and Nate were arguing with Don and Rico about Pedro whereabouts ignoring anything Mace and Carlos had to say.

Walking by Nell, Trina smoothly nudged Valentina back and right when she opened her mouth to say something she popped her in it.

Not once but twice, sure to knock her on her ass.

"Welcome to my playground bitch."

**

JENNA
Same day

"You know I gotta get back soon right?" Nate asked checking the time on his phone and I sighed.

"Can't you stop pretending already? They had you long enough." I whined pulling him into me and he chuckled.

"Yuh told mi to pretend remember?"

"Well I'm sick of it now, kill them already." I said and he busted out laughing.

"First yuh say "pretend" "I just got yuh bak" now yuh want mi to kill? You're confused J bug." He replied and I laughed.

"Because every time you go back to them I feel like they're gonna hurt you in your sleep or find out you're playing them." I stressed.

"They don't ever bother mi, they act how they were before I remembered anything. I did tell dem I'm getting my own place though." He announced laying down with me.

"What'd they think of that?"

"Nothing much, jus asked why. I said I need mi own space." He replied picking up the bag of potato chips.

"Can you just stay the night?" I asked climbing over him and grabbed the tv remote.

"Just for da night J, I don't need dem trying to follow mi jus to see where yuh live." He worried and I sighed.

"They don't even know you remember me."

"Doesn't matte J, I gotta get dem before they get mi or yuh ma." He replied getting off the sofa to see who was at the door.

"Did you forget you taught me all that I know?" I asked sitting in front of my movie stand.

"I also know niggas are way more disrespectful now than they were back then." He said and I waved him off picking up the Bad Boys dvd.

"Who's at the door?"

..

No response.

"Nate?" I called turning around seeing he and Gunna staring each other down.

"Oh boy."

"J da boys got into a fight wit dat new group, one of da cats put their hands on Sky." He announced keeping his eyes on Nate.

"Ok... I'll check in." I mumbled standing up trying to see what was about to go down.

"Look like yuh seen a ghost." Nate spoke stepping back some and Gunna stared for a moment.

"Am I?" G asked with an neutral expression on his face.

"I'm bak kid, in di flesh." Nate spoke opening his arms.

"Memory and all?" Gunna asked. "Memory and all G, I'm bak."

"I see yo Native came back as well." Gunna teased and I laughed walking over towards the two.

"I'm still trying to get rid of it, but J likes it." He said and I nodded smiling. "I sure do." I replied giving G a hug then went and picked up my phone.

"How did the fight start?" I asked going to baby boy's contact.

"You know I ain't ask much I just wanna meet da young nigga." He replied and Nate followed him into the kitchen, I guess to catch up.

Closing the door, I leaned against the back of the sofa and waited as the phone kept ringing.

"We on da way ma." He spoke then hung up before I could even get a word in.

Well damn.

"MY BOY!" Gunna shouted and I turned around seeing they were hugging.

Holding my phone up, I sneakily took a few photos.

"Welcome back young bull."

"Feels good to be bak brodie." Nate replied slapping hands with him and I smiled.

His phone started ringing and I reached over and picked it up, seeing the name I rolled my eyes.

"Nate?" I called holding his phone.

"That damn driver is calling." I informed, shaking his head, he slapped hands with Gunna again before he walked back into the living room.

"Yuh could've answered." He joked taking the phone from me and I sat next to him while he spoke to Sanford ass.

"No, I actually met someone tonight." He lied and I rolled my eyes, I just wanted them to be dead already.

"Met someone?" Gunna asked walking out the kitchen with my sub and I cocked my head.

"Tell you later." I whispered then pointed to my sub and he chuckled. "I haven't been to Ash spot yet."

"So that gives you da right to eat my food?" I asked lowly. "You my sister ain't you?" He countered and I squinted my eyes.

"Thought so." He said sitting down, ignoring him I got up to answer the door while Nate headed towards the back still talking to Sanford sneaky ass.

"Look at you." I spoke pulling Skylar into me, she looked pissed the hell off.

"Hey auntie." She mumbled and I frowned. "What happened Sky?" I asked helping her into the living room.

August them headed in the back obviously upset.

"I was on the phone and the guy approached me, so I tried to be nice the first time until he asked to take me out, mind you he already knew of me and August. So I dismissed his ass, his friend walked over and threw my phone, so me being me I let his ass have it. Excuse my cursing auntie but I was tryna kill that bitch." She explained then shook her head.

"He did this to your lip?" I asked pointing to the stitches.

"Yeah his ass was actually fighting me back and he made me do this." She spoke then pointed to her bandaged leg.

"What happen?"

"The damn stick stabbed me when he body slammed me." She answered then huffed examining her broken nails.

"I'm gonna kill his ass." She mumbled tapping her finger against her knee and I stopped her.

"What's his name?" I asked trying to keep her calm.

"Pedro." She answered and I nodded.

"Got a last name?"

"No." She mumbled.

I was about to respond until I saw Nate and lil Nate sizing each other up.

This could go a few ways.

*
*
*

"I gave you the benefit of the doubt till you should me what you were about." -Toni Braxton

Whew!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 142 14
- ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ.. ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ...
312K 19K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
869K 32.7K 103
It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' mentality. Everyone's trying to make it and...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...