A Lycan Fit For A Luna

By madisonrae19

Phoebe Johnson is the daughter of the Moon Goddess Artemis, and has a human father. Living on Earth as a Demi... More

Introduction and Cast
Prologue #1: The Beginning
Prolouge #2: The First Materialisation
Prologue #3: The History Lesson
Chapter 1: My Dad's Final Decision
Chapter 2: Waving Goodbye
Chapter 3: Lupine Peak
Chapter 4: The Furry Boyfriend
Chapter 5: The New School
Chapter 6: Making Friends
Chapter 7: The Royal Bitch
Chapter 8: The Mating and Alpha
Chapter 9: The First Encounter
Chapter 10: The Disgraceful A-Hole
Chapter 11: The Rambunctious Playboy
Chapter 12: The First Attack
Chapter 13: The Lycan Invite
Chapter 14: The Owner of the Palace
Chapter 15 - The First Shift
Chapter 16 - The Heart-Warming Surprise
Chapter 17 - A Heated Moment with a Baby Lover
Chapter 18 - The Beginning of a Realisation and Visitors in the Wood
Chapter 19 - My Prince in Shining... Lycan?
Chapter 20 - My Very Own Delicious Personal Trainer
Chapter 21 - A Workout, a Party, a Kiss
Chapter 22 - A Visitor from the Palace
Chapter 23 - A Threat that Requires a Bodyguard
Chapter 24 - Talks that Destroy the Soul
Chapter 25 - The Attack
Chapter 26 - Fighting for Family
Chapter 27 - A Helping Hand and a Declaration
Chapter 28 - Intoxicating Feelings and Kisses
Chapter 29 - His Erasthai
Chapter 30 - Goodbye's
Chapter 31 - The Unwilling Owner of My Heart
Chapter 32 - The Last Day
Chapter 33 - Stuck Between Two Pathways
Chapter 34 - Taken
Chapter 35 - The Chosen Pathway
Chapter 36 - Interrogation and a Child
Chapter 37 - Searching for Her
Chapter 38 - The Rescue
Chapter 39 - Awakened to Pain
Chapter 40 - Finding Out the Truth
Chapter 41 - Choosing Each Other
Chapter 42 - Becoming One
Chapter 43 - Transforming Into The Luna
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1 - A Naughty Halloween
Bonus Chapter 3 - Derek Kensington-Wield
MY OTHER BOOKS!

Bonus Chapter 2 - Meeting The Parents

18.5K 522 30
By madisonrae19

I have never been a fan of air travel, but Alex's private plane does help. I am pretty freaking scared about meeting my Alex's parents, but it is an inevitable event; I am the heir to the throne as I'm mated to their son. According to Alex there is a ball being held in my honour tomorrow night, with some of the most influential and powerful were's and lycans in the world in attendance. I am quite nervous about my debut into society, but Ana who returned to Russia last week has promised me that there is nothing to worry about, and has helped plan the event. I guess if anything, it is pretty flattering having a whole ball dedicated to me. I'm sure I'll be bombarded with introductions and will have to follow royal protocol tomorrow night, but having Alex by my side will give me the strength to persevere through it.

As we got off the plane, (Vincent, Lucian and Sapphire travelled with us) a fleet of royal cars and bodyguards were waiting for us, reminding me once again that I'm no longer any ordinary bitch. I'm a rich, Queen bitch. Alex has me tucked securely under his shoulder, looking every bit the impressive, powerful prince he is with his dark shades, guarded domineer and nifty suit. Power radiates off him and has everyone but me baring their necks to him (well, us) submissively. He doesn't have to be speaking to be the loudest person in the room. A professional Lycan woman strides up to us carrying a clipboard, and bows respectively before directing us to the car we are taking. It is a long stretch black limo, complete with a bar and TV inside, as well as comfortable block seats, which could double up as beds. We start moving straight away, undercover Police cars in front and behind us, and police on motorbikes flanking us from the side. We certainly have an impressive entourage. However, if someone were to attack us we're not very inconspicuous – the numerous bodyguards and blackened windows basically shout out to all that someone very important is inside.

The drive from the airport to the Palace isn't too bad; about half an hour long. It is located in the Altai Mountains, remote and beautiful, standing proud overlooking a vast lake of beautiful shimmering waters and thick forests of green. The palace from a distance looks to be made entirely of glinting ice, but when we are close enough to touch it, I could see that it was made out of smooth white stone, looking like a crystal palace. It seemed to grow right out of the ground like a glacier, and it reflects the light like many shards of glass in the afternoon sun. It is high on the hill, its many pointed towers giving it the look of an eccentric crown. As big as twenty ordinary houses, it certainly is an impressive structure, standing superior above everything else.

It takes us ten minutes to be accepted entry through the surrounding stonewall, twenty feet up in the air topped with iron spikes and guarded day and night. Security certainly is tight. When we are finally allowed in, I roll down the window as we travel up the long driveway, passing through cherry blossom trees and a couple of modest outbuildings, which Alex informs me is servant accommodation. Closer to the house we pass multiple garages looking like manor houses, housing the most elite and expensive cars, as well as many horse stables next to a pasture. I spot an impressive lake through the trees to my left, surrounded with marble statues. The driveway leads to an ornate fountain which doubles as a roundabout, and a marble wolf shines in the sun in the centre of it, water shooting from its mouth.

As the limo pulls to a stop, a man dressed in a swish grey suit is already waiting on the milky white steps to the palace, ready to help us out. The man opens the door and offers his hand to me, which I gladly accept. Alex is out by my side in an instance, one arm firmly around my small waist. I am wearing a blush pink suit, the skirt gracefully falling to my knees, with delicate white heels that cost more money then Tammy's monthly wage. Diamonds grace my neck and ears, and simple white gloves cover my perfect nails.

Two strong snowy pillars, each the size of two Alex's hold up an extravagant balcony over-looking the grounds on the second floor, and conveniently providing shelter if the weather turns sour. A huge curved oak door, about twice the size of me opens instantaneously as Alex and I strut up towards it, revealing the large adjourning room, a wide-open space with marble walls and marble floors. Two sweeping staircases on each side of a magnificent chandelier, curving into an imposing balcony is the first thing that captures my attention, two lavish soft white carpets running through them. The stair rails are ornate mahogany, carved and polished so it shines, with little carvings of the story of the Lycan embedded into them, the masterpiece work of a prodigy craftsman. Suddenly I notice four elegantly dressed figures waiting on top of it, looking down at us. Ana squeals as we make eye contact, and rushes down the steps, hugging me tightly causing me to squeak.

"Ana! It's so good to see you!" I exclaim as she lets go of me and hugs her brother.

Jordan (who is never far from his Princess) hugs me and gives Alex a friendly clap on the back as we greet each other. Even though it has only been a week, as Ana and Jordan are a part of our pack we have really felt their absence. I look up and examine who can only be Alex's parents. Ana is the spitting image of her mother (minus the bubble-gum pink hair of course), having inherited her earthy toned eyes, striking pale skin and sharp features. The Queen looks stunning in a teal dress, falling softly to her knees with magnificent puffed sleeves. A silver belt pinches in her waist, and a pair of dainty gloves in the same colour covers her hands. A simple diamond tiara sits on her head, and a necklace suspends from her neck, which has a heart shaped clear crystal hanging from the gold chain, probably costing more then most peoples cars. A welcoming smile plays upon her lips, instantly making me feel better. She starts to descend down the left balcony, her elegance and grace the result of years of practice, each step looking perfectly calculated.

"Mother, it's good to see you." Alex nods his head in respect to his mother, before dragging me up to greet her.

"Alex my son, it has been so long. Come; give your mother a hug." I reluctantly let go of his hand as he hugs his mother. "And this must be her, your Phoebe." The queen almost squeals, clapping her hands together in modest excitement.

"Hello your majesty, it is lovely to meet you." I pronounce, before dropping into a deep curtsey I spent hours practicing with Tammy and Ana.

"Oh my dear, do not worry about all that! Call me Dani, we are family after all!" She giggles as she claps my hands.

The sheer force of her power momentarily stuns me as she touches me, so dominating I doubt that even I could ignore it.

"Thank you... Dani. Thank you for letting me stay in your home as well, it is magnificent." I compliment.

"Of course dear! I can't wait to find out everything about you! Herrick, come down here and meet your sons mate." The Queen exclaims.

I turn my attention to Alex's father, who is still stood on the balcony. He is of impressive height, maybe slightly taller then Alex, and looks to be about the size of a boar, purely muscle. He could probably pop my head like a grape if he wanted to! Alex definitely has a resemblance to his father, especially with his eyes, but King Herrick has a thick beard and harsh eyebrows, making him look like an older, meaner version of his son. He seems to be having a staring contest with his wife, who has narrowed her eyes harshly at him. Eventually King Herrick adverts his eyes to me, a dismissive frown on his face, before turning and storming off to an area I can't see. Well, this is awkward.

"I do apologise my dear... Herrick is just, well, there isn't an excuse really, he's just getting used to all the changes." Queen Danica explains, looking apologetic.

Alex pulls me back into his arms, reminding me that he is always here, but I can't help the sinking feeling in my stomach. Alex's father has obviously already made up his mind about me, and it's not for the good.

"Right, I'm sure you'll want to get settled in, in Alex's suite, so I will ask the staff to carry your luggage to your section of the palace." Queen Danica tells us, which I nod numbly to.

The palace is bigger then I ever could have imagined, and Alex's bedroom takes up nearly the entire west wing! Each room is as big as a three-bedroom apartment, and there are intercoms everywhere, should we require assistance. It's bigger then most shopping malls, and the closest... I can't even begin to explain how wonderful they are! Mine is two stories with its own golden staircase, and filled to the brim with designer shoes, clothes and bags. It is true; heaven really is a place on earth.

"This is absolutely amazing Alex! We never have to leave this room!"

"I know baby. I'm glad you like it."

"Alex... can I ask you something though?" I start, collapsing into an armchair.

"Of course, what's wrong?" He asks, falling to his knees in front of me, giving me the greatest gift possible; his undivided attention.

"What's the deal with your father? He didn't even talk to me." I question him gloomily.

"Oh Phoebe... it's not your fault... it's just, my father wanted me to mate with someone who has royal connections, or my erasthai... and as you are neither..."

"He's pissed off." I mutter.

"Essentially... yes. But don't worry baby, I'm going to fix it. I will talk to him and make him get to know you. He won't be able to not love you then. You're irresistible." Alex chuckles, kissing my forehead comfortingly.

"Ok... if you're sure." I sigh.

"Yes I am. I think my mother, Ana and Sapphire are waiting for you in the dressmaker's workshop, for your fittings for the ball tomorrow. You pop off and see them, and I'll talk to my dad. Remember, his problem is with me, not you."

"Ok Alex, thank you. I love you."

"I love you too baby, always, no matter how my dad feels."

***

Clutching Alex's hand tightly, with a probable nervous smile on my face, we make our way down the grand staircase and into the ballroom. My dress is a quintessential lilac Princess gown, with pearl-beaded lace and voluminous tulle that combines in a magical way to create a dreamy ball gown. Multi-layered lace adorns the bodice and is heavily embellished with pearls and ivory beading that matches the opal shoestring straps. A deep sweetheart neckline, teasing an inch of cleavage, mirrors an unexpected plunging back. The lace of the bodice floats down the tops of the tulle skirt adding a dimensional texture, and a very long cathedral length tulle train continues from the skirts. I feel beautiful. Alex is wearing a very dapper suit, moulded to his body perfectly, with a lilac silk tie to match my dress. His hair is neatly combed back accentuating his sharp jaw and symmetrical features, making him look every bit the gorgeous god he is.

The ballroom is spectacular, everything dripping with gold and ornate designs. No expense was spared. The ballroom floor is made out of the finest oak, shined to perfection, and eight large chandeliers decorated with hundreds of diamonds and fifty candles each hang from the ceiling. The ceiling itself is a work of art, inscribed with beautiful paintings of angels and the moon goddess, laced with gold, the technique good enough to rival that of Picasso. Vases of the rarest flowers flourish the room, as well as two hundred guests and sixty waiters. Everyone is turned to Alex and I, assessing and judging us together. It is daunting to say the least.

King Herrick, Queen Danica, Princess Anastasia and Prince Jordan have already had their arrivals announced, and are sitting in their thrones on the raised platform in the centre back of the room. Alex and I just need to make it there now. My mantra is 'don't trip, don't trip', and luckily I manage to make it to the bottom of the staircase without doing so. The crowd bows and curtsies respectively as Alex and I pass through them, polite smiles on our faces. As we are seated, the king half-heartedly gets up and gives a short announcement, publicizing me as Alex's mate. Once he sits back down again the crowd claps to Alex and I, before the orchestra starts playing. While Alex and I are seated, a long queue forms of people wanting to meet and greet us, and that's how what feels like my next ten years go, countless people either ass kissing or belittling me, and I have about 60 non-refundable dance requests flung at me. Will this night ever end?

Eventually Alex signals to a member of staff to disintegrate the line, leaving Alex and I free to dance together. The beautiful live classical music is wonderful to dance too, and in my ball gown and wrapped up in my mate's arms, I feel completely blissful. Not even the numerous stares bother me anymore. Around the third song I start to need the toilet, which could be a problem since I am not sure I will be able to find where my gown ends. When it comes to sacrificing my dignity or fumbling around with my skirts, I decide I have to go and make a quick exit, making sure beforehand that Alex knows he's completely off limits to dance with. I hurry into the bathroom, relived that it's empty, and manage to gather all of my skirts around my waist and relieve myself. After I wash my hands with some ridiculously priced soap, I check the full-length baroque mirror to make sure I am still flawless, and then make my way back to the ball. But as I exit into the darkened hallway with rich red carpets, I'm sure I hear someone whimper over the hum of conversation and calming music.

Deciding to investigate, I turn the opposite way from the ball and trail along the seemingly endless corridors. Family portraits painted with the finest oils and hung in gold frames line the walls, but I don't stop to look as I hear a whimper again, of a terrified girl. Hitching up my ball gown, I run as fast as I can in these ridiculous heels, until I come across a lycan guard with his hand over a human maids mouth, trying to scream for help, as he touches her without her permission.

"Stop!" I yell in an authoritative voice, the guard instantly jumping away from the girl. "On your knees!" I command.

The guard instantly falls to his knees submissively.

"Guards!" I call, wanting to see this disgusting man pay. "Come here sweetie." I motion to the girl, shaking in fear.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Arabella..." She sniffles, wiping her tears.

"Well Arabella, it's a pleasure to meet you. Don't worry this man will never hurt you again." I smile kindly at her, just as the guards arrive, along with Alex and the King.

"Phoebe what's wrong?" Alex asks frantically, pulling me into his arms.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Unfortunately, the guard here attacked poor Arabella." I hiss, glaring at the stony-faced man on his knees.

"How dare you touch a woman without her permission! That is a severe offence as you know. Guards lock him up, and escort Miss Arabella to her room, separately." The King announces.

Two guards haul the perpetrator to his feet and escort him to where I can only guess is the dungeons, and another guard kindly takes Arabella to her room. Sighing unhappily, I thank my lucky stars that I got here in time. The consequences for poor Arabella would have been disastrous otherwise. How could somebody do something so awful to another person? To strip someone of their dignity, and their freewill is the cruellest thing you can do to someone.

"Phoebe a word?" The King asks.

Alex looks at me pointedly, silently asking whether I am comfortable with this, and I nod in confirmation. Hugging me tightly, Alex places a warm kiss on my forehead before giving his father a warning glare, and begrudgingly walks back to the ball, his hands deep in his pockets. Sighing, and suspicious about what the King could want, I turn to face him, crossing my arms in front of me anxiously.

"Phoebe... I feel like I owe you an apology. I love my son, and when he announced that he mated with some random girl, not his erasthai after all, I was worried that it was someone who just wanted his money and title. But now... seeing you together I can see the great love you have for each other, and I know my son chose wisely. What happened here just moments ago, your courage and bravery, show that you will make a great Queen one day. I'm sorry for judging you before I got to know you Phoebe, but I hope you will allow me to rectify my mistake and give me the honour of getting to know you now."

"Wow... thank you your highness. I do love your son very much; I couldn't possibly live without him. I would like to get to know you too; I know it will mean the world to Alex." I grin at the King.

"Please, call me Herrick, and welcome to the family Phoebe Kensington-Wield."

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
698 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
532 46 32
Jade Covenington was your average everyday model, well, except for one thing. She was a werewolf, and she had a child. Her daughter was 3 years of ag...
233K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...