The Place With Wings | ✓

By bromeliades

she went looking for magic and never came back. More

foreword
AND SO, IT BEGINS.
I. THE CALL
rain schedule
gossamer heart
woman, reborn
lazily stirring old memories
tenere spiritum
a siren's song
let me free
snake charmer
hurricane women
the eyes of the mountain
how i fall apart
tangerine and fuchsia
lemongrass
flower stickers
the hands of the sea
II. THE JOURNEY
nearing the edges
queen scherazade
one breath
3 A.M. hands
the last nereid
homeward
bath sheba
full-circle
novocaine
lessons i remember
fire roots
weather report
warm blood
i have a dream
perpetual summer
III. THE DESTINATION
exhaustive facade
fiber
moon spirit
romantic gestures
postcard
pretty delusions, books, and mystery
fireproof
within the mold
dipping fahrenheit
plead the fifth
frigid breath
for rent
clinging to memories to still feel desirable
nice guys
THE END ARRIVES WITH THE BEGINNING, HAND IN HAND.

cherry-flavored love

42 3 17
By bromeliades

love / is suddenly sickly sweet / and hard to swallow / like cherry flavored medicine / not really cherry flavored / but very distinctly chemical and manufactured / because these days / the word love leaves a bad taste in my mouth / it is suddenly cheap and conniving / as if it is trying to sell me something / there is nothing beautiful about it / and the bleeding desperation is not romantic / it is pathetic / and makes me turn away / I suddenly realize that beauty does not make me love / it is a cherry-flavored realization / for his cherry-flavored love / I have only ever loved one boy / and I think now I will only ever love one boy / cherries stain / but I can only love him / fruity affection / is engineered to spill disgust on the picnic blanket / there are no strawberry shortcakes here / just licorice and rotting cherries / bitter and still-pulsing / like tiny hearts, once alive.

// A SPOONFUL OF BULLSHIT HELPS THE VALENTINES GO DOWN.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 35 42
A young Elvin princess on her road to self discovery, but what will she discover? Family secrets, new abilities, a curse, love, or perhaps a part of...
115 12 36
The world isn't everything you see. In this ideal magical world, Amethyst is the only girl without any magical abilities, or does she?
517 14 28
A young girl lost in her own world, she was raised by her drug addict mother and her father wasn't around, she tries to find a job but with her reput...
122K 3.6K 25
He never felt lost, She never felt loved. Until she gave him something to fear losing, and he gave her something to fear loving.