Extra Fluff (#Wattys2020)

Από nicole_brooks_90

**Highest Ranks**: #1 in BodyPositive #40 in ChickLit "Beauty has no weight limit." Standing at a height of 5... Περισσότερα

All Rights Reserved
Greetings All!
Main Peeps
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
ALERT! (Not an update, sorry)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
One Year Prior (Pt. 1)
One Year Prior (Pt. 2)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Aesthetics
New Cover Alert!
Chapter 36
Update!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41, part 1
Chapter 41, part 2
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 39

1.6K 116 10
Από nicole_brooks_90

A/N: Hello my lovelies! So, funny (yet not so funny story)...this chapter has been sitting here for over a week cause I legit thought I posted and during that week I had a freakout thinking nobody was up here...till I added a new chapter and saw I only saved it 😑 dear jeezus, I feel like a dunce. Anyways, thanks for being patient and I hope y'all enjoy! 😊

-----

"To deny is to invite madness."

'3rd Person POV'

"GO!"

Barely a second after the wave of the flag, both cars were off. A large dirt cloud took up Johnny's rear view as he raced onto the darkened road, Romano not far behind. Both cars raced up ahead, their turns hard and wild as they hit their first checkpoint: an abandoned warehouse.

Yanking the wheel hard, Johnny swooped in front of Romano, grinning widely into his rearview. Despite the dim lighting along the old dirt road, Johnny felt confident that he could win this race with his eyes closed. He knew every curve and every ditch like the back of his own hand. Racing along this road was so familiar that it was second nature.

Romano's Ferrari rode against Johnny's bumper, hoping to make a quick pass; but he could never follow through. His car although fancy, it was not meant for this type of track. He zigzagged behind him, coming close to going off road into the old wooden fence. The mustang roared as Johnny switched gears, going around a decaying post.

Round and round once more.

Romano growled from within his vehicle as he pushed harder practically pushing against the Mustang. Metal on metal. Johnny momentarily lost control and Romano breezed ahead, now neck and neck. Johnny griped the steering wheel with one hand while the other remained latched on the gearshift. He was not going to lose his last race. Not by a long shot.

The last checkpoint was dead ahead and both drivers stepped on the gas quickly approaching the final turn. Johnny pushed forward and in a fit of anger, Romano side swiped the Mustang. However, anticipating his dirty work, Johnny slammed on his breaks causing the flashy Ferrari to spin around uncontrollable. Johnny silently cheered as he put his car back in gear and sped off.

Johnny crossed the imaginary finish line just as Romano righted his vehicle and raced behind. Once stopped, he slammed his fists against his steering wheel before exiting his car. He shouted swears and curses in Italian all the while restrained by his entourage. Johnny watched the tantrum unfold from the comfort of his car, taking his sweet time before exiting.

A cocky smirk adorned his cheeks as he strutted towards Marco. The old Johnny Masters briefly took over as he collected his winnings, relishing in his final recording breaking win and indulging the crowd. The usual swarm of women flocked over, expressing their interest and praise for the winner. Johnny smiled and thanked each female that stood before him, lost of only a moment. A moment that did not go unnoticed by a certain hazel eyed woman.

And those eyes bored into Johnny Masters as he schmoozed the crowd before him. Sensing the unknown gaze, he turned his head in the direction to the original crowd. His blood went cold that instant.

Lennon.

'End of POV'

~*~

It was my turn to run. And that was the real challenge. Actually, getting away from my boyfriend is the root of said challenge. However, that was not my boyfriend I was looking at; that was not my Johnny. Ugh, I hate that I even though such a thing.

But it's true.

The Johnny I was staring at was arrogant and basked in the limelight; the Johnny I knew kept to himself. The Johnny I was staring at smiled and accepted flirt after flirt from random female strangers; my Johnny expressed his affection for me alone.

This was not right. It may have been selfish of me, but I had to go. I had to run.

His voice called out to me as I weaved through the crowd. I had a head start, but Johnny was fit and fast. Thankfully, there were plenty of cars ahead that I could hide between. I quickly tucked and rolled underneath a large pickup truck. A few moments later, I saw a pair of feet skid to a stop beside my hiding spot.

"Lennon! Lennon!" He screamed out. A few moments later, a second pair of feet joined him.

"Johnny, man! What the Hell was that?" A voice exclaimed. "You just blew off the McKenzie twins!"

"Marco, I just...there was...I, uhm..." Johnny stammered.

"They're coming to the hotel for the after party man!" Marco interrupted, "plus, there's this gorgeous red head I want you to meet." I gulped, realizing he was talking about Quinn. "Are you coming or what?"

'Please say no. Please say no!' I silently prayed as we both awaited his response. After a beat, I heard him sigh.

"Yeah man, I just need a minute."

I choked out a sob, quickly covering my mouth in effort to keep silent. Marco walked away while Johnny lingered. He paced for a minute, breathing heavily the whole time. He growled and kicked the ground before turning to follow Marco's original direction. Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I lay in the dirt hidden away. My heart was shattering all over again.

Johnny had a double life. No wonder he never told me about his 'night job'; why he seemed so well off for a college kid. This explained so much. Johnny was not ashamed about what he did for a living; he was worried about keeping a secret. God, I am such an idiot. He really was a charismatic smooth talker. He does not really love me does he? The way he acted around those other girls...I cannot believe it; I am in love with a sociopath.

I felt my phone buzz against my thigh, dragging me from my pity party and back to the real world. With a gentle tug, I wiped my face with the collar of my shirt before digging out my phone. I sniffed slightly as I unlocked my phone, the screen illuminating the area around me.

**3 missed calls from BFF! Ash

**1 missed call from Monique<3

Monique:

10:22 pm; Bitch, please call one of us back

10:23 pm; We will leave u...heifer

10:23 pm; Love u

**1 missed call from Quinn/Thing 1

Quinn:

10:23 pm; Tell the parental units Im fine. Heading 2 a hotel party, txt the addy in a bit xoxo

**1 missed call from Thing 2 Q

I wondered briefly why Q would be calling and figured he had a freak out over his missing twin. I continued to swipe, pausing to read the heavy stream of messages from Ash.

Ash:

10:23 pm; Lennon! Where. Did. U. GO?! First Quinn & now u?! Monique &i r freakin out!!! we didnt even get 2 c the winner!!!

10:25 pm; Ok, Quinn is w/random dude but u have not responded!!!

10:26 pm; LEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNOOOOOON!

10:26 pm; Dont make me send out a search party!!!

10:27 pm; I will tell ur moms on u!!!

10:28 pm; do i have to involve Johnny??

That was the last one and I took the window as a chance to roll out from under the pickup. I dusted my front of the dirt and picked out a few pebbles from down my shirt. Hugging my torso, I attempted to retrace my steps until I found where Monique's Explorer was parked.

Both girls looked up as I neared the SUV, with Ash stepping forward to meet me. She immediately pulled me into a hug, holding me tight. Once she pulled away, I looked into her eyes; they were sad and filled with pity. She knew. In addition, looking at Monique, I could tell she did too. Monique unlike Ash, however, looked pissed.

Ash's lips twisted before opening then promptly shutting her mouth. I knew she wanted to say something whether it be a heartfelt concern for me or a negative comment about Johnny, but my current facial expression changed her mind. Instead, she gently grabbed my arm and directed me to the vehicle.

Monique huffed and sucked her teeth as she drove, going so far as to drive a good 20 mph over the speed limit. During the drive, Quinn sent the address to the hotel party that was about 15 min away near downtown and waterside; the complete opposite direction from where Monique was driving.

"We aren't meeting Quinn?" I asked softly. Ash shot Monique a worried look before shaking her head at me.

"Nope. She went off to that after party with some random dude. Her brother went too so she's not our problem now," Monique huffed as she harshly merged into the right lane.

I opened my mouth to comment only to receive a stern look from Ash. "Tell you later," she mouthed as she faced forward. Monique's speed slowed once we were on campus and after a few more turns, we arrived in front of our dorm. She parked, but did not shut off her engine, implying that she would drive off as soon as we exited.

Ash and I promptly got out of the SUV and with a curt nod, Monique sped away into the night. The temperature around us dropped significantly within the last couple of hours leading both Ash and myself to hug our frames as we walked into the building. We were both silent as we rode the elevator up to our floor and it was not until we were safe in our dorm room did Ash speak.

"Did you want to stay up and talk about it?" Ash began, siding up next to me, "I can put on a pot of tea if you want? Or maybe some hot chocolate? I think there's some cake left in the fridge too?"

Ash, the normal brazen and outspoken girl was being uncharacteristically soft, which rare made everything feel all too real. My eyes began to water again as I took in her pitying gaze. She was trying and I appreciated it, but I wanted only one thing now; well, two things.

"Thanks Ash but I think I just want to be alone right now ok?" I whispered, not trusting the full extent of my voice at the time.

Ash nodded before giving me a quick hug. "Ok..." she paused as she looked away from me, "I'll clean up out here then." I smiled before disappearing to my room.

With a deep breath and heavy heart, I went to my closet to dig. Once I found what I was looking for, I began to stuff the bag with a few items; some clothes, books and other random items. I threw the duffle on my bed as I unplugged my laptop then placed it my shoulder bag along with the charger.

The bag lay at my feet as I rested on my bed. My phone blinked from my nightstand, alerting me to a notification. Reaching then unlocking my phone, my bottom lip quivered. My phone fell from my grasp as I scrubbed my face; the message on the screen remained open, mocking me.

I am sorry little duck.

~*~

"So, are you gonna tell us why you are here visiting at three in the morning?" Caya asked first.

Elizabeth sighed, frowning at Caya, "not that we don't mind the visit."

"I would've minded an afternoon visit..."

"Clea!"

"It's about Johnny," I blurted. They both faced me as I forked another piece of cake into my mouth.

"What did he do?" They asked after sharing a brief look. I looked away for a moment, unsure how to explain.

"Was he cheating?"

"Stealing?"

"Dealing drugs?"

"Doing the drugs?"

"Did he hit you?"

"Do I have to kill him?"

"Stop guessing please," I pleaded before taking a deep breath. "He..." I paused, "he...lied to me."

Caya quirked a brow, "lied about what?"

"What he does for a living," I replied softly.

"That's it?" She countered.

"Caya," Elizabeth warned.

"What? That's mild compared to what we were thinking," she huffed.

"What he's doing is illegal and dangerous!" I sighed loudly.

"How illegal and dangerous baby?" Elizabeth asked gently.

"Are we talking Mexican Cartel? Chris Brown shit? Martha Stewart shit?" Caya ran off, her hands rolling as she spoke.

"Has anyone of them gotten involved in street racing?" I asked.

"Justin Bieber has."

"I really don't want to know why you know that..."

"Anyways," Elizabeth interrupted, "he's a street racer?" I nodded. "Ok. And how did you find out?"

I avoided her gaze. "Uhm...well..."

"Lennon Eliza Jennings, you better answer me." She said in a warning tone and I caved in instantly.

"I didn't know where we were going!" I fibbed. "I thought it was just another party," I stated in a whiny tone.

"Alright alright, calm down; you're an adult now..." Caya cleared her throat loudly earning an eye roll from Caya. "So, I'm guessing you saw him there?"

"Yeah, he had won the race."

"Well at least he has that going for him..."

"Clea," Elizabeth began, "did he see you?"

"Yes..."

"And what happened after that?"

"I ran and hid under a pickup truck," I replied, hanging my head.

Mom then rubbed my back while Caya cackled loudly. Mommie dearest and myself both picked our heads up to glare at Caya. She shook her head as she poured another glass of wine. She guzzled down her drink, laughing and coughing at what she had just heard.

"I'm glad that you're still so smooth despite that confidence burst of yours," she winked.

"Thanks Caya," I mumbled.

"Oh sweet pea. I know it's not the best job in the wo-"

"You're really gonna defend him mom?"

"Honestly sweet pea, I'm surprised you aren't," she replied. I went back to my cake as while she continued speaking, "you are so head over heels for this boy. Again, I know it's not an ideal profession, but I still think its fair for you to hear him out."

"But mom, you didn't see him like I did. He wasn't the Johnny I knew...the Johnny I..." I stopped, realizing what I was about to confess.

"The Johnny you what?" Caya asked, her tone serious.

"I...I don't know..." I fibbed again.

"I think you do baby," Elizabeth answered, "and if you truly feel this way about him, you'll hear him out."

"And you better be sure too," Caya inserted. "You're still young and you still have plenty of time, but if you think you know how you truly feel then it can be worked out ok?"

I nodded as I pulled them in for a group hug. "I love you both so much."

"Love you too," they answered, kissing both of my cheeks.

"Try to get some sleep ok?"

"Yes mom."

"Sweet dreams baby."

"Night Caya."

They left me alone in the kitchen as I contemplated the thoughts swirling around my brain. I never thought I could feel this way about another person aside from my mothers. I've already shared so much with Johnny and he to me; it would be both silly and stupid to throw it all away. Especially since I am so deep in love with him.

I clutched my chest at the realization; that is more than likely why this hurts so much. Was the street racing the real reason I was bothered? I could probably over look that. Was I upset he lied to me? Well, he did not exactly disclose what he did to me either. Or was it the females along with the cockiness he drowned in.

Deep down I tried to believe he would not cheat on me. No, he definitely wouldn't. However, the way he looked at them tonight was so heated and seductive. It really hurt me. In addition, if I didn't catch him, what then? That 'what if' was at the forefront of my mind and was dictating my emotions at the moment.

Ugh, I rubbed my temples at the developing migraine. My mind was screaming now, my heart was screaming yes and my body desperately was crying for sleep. Maybe I should just camp out here for a few days in order to get everything rebooted. My grades are decent and I don't plan on skipping out on anymore classes this semester. Hopefully.

After tossing and turning most of the night, I woke up around noon the rest day. After lounging around for a few minutes, I emailed each of my professors about missing a few future classes and requesting assignments citing the flu as my excuse. However, what I intended to be a three day trek turned into a weekly one. In that period, I managed to finish each of my assignments and acquired close to fifty messages. Sadly, none of them were from Johnny but I'm pretty sure threats from my friends were the reason.

Friday night rolled around again and I was alone in the house. Mom and Caya had tickets for a jazz club opening that was 21 and up. It was fine, part of me needed to be alone still. I debated between rereading Harry Potter or watching Charmed for the tenth time when I noticed my phone began to ring.

Sitting back against my headboard, I grabbed my phone to silence the ringer. The name and picture that flashed before me was a bit of a surprise yet I still took my time answering.

"Hi Nora, how are you?" I asked politely.

"Oh my God Lennon, I'm so glad you answered!" She yelled, "please tell me you're not busy?"

I sat up at the urgency. "No I'm not, is something wrong?"

"Good, listen up. I'm in Manhattan with Lily's class and I need your help," she stopped to breathe, "it's about Johnny-."

"Nora, I'm sorry but I'm not talking to him right now."

"Wait, what now?!"

I sighed. "It's a long story..."

"Lennon, you don't un-"

"If he asked you to talk to me, just tell him I can't just yet."

"Lennon-"

"I'm not even on campus right now-"

"LENNON!"

Nora shouted so loud into the receiver, I had to pull it away. After rubbing my ear, I replaced the phone and was shocked to hear tears coming from Nora on the other end. She was breathing heavily and muttering to herself.

"Nora?"

"Lennon...Lennon, Johnny is in the hospital."

-----

A/N: Sorry! I know y'all are sick of cliffies but this is the last one! I think 😅 thanks for reading my dears and please don't forget to vote/comment/fave/share for me, I greatly appreciate it! See y'all soon and be on the lookout for a special Valentine's day post later this week!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
1.9M 50.6K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...
Coffee Shop Από Vee Lozada

Ρομαντική

633K 33.3K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
6.4M 233K 87
"Why do you love me? I'm fat" I said as I looked down at my feet. "Princess there's a difference between fat and thick" he said as he grabbed a hand...