Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

16.) Best Friend

2.5K 134 197
By _jasthewriter

"It's me." Jenna spoke holding back the tears.

Speechless, Nate got up and pulled her into him hugging her tightly.

"It's me Nate." She repeated over and over as she cried into his shirt. "I'm sorry J, I'm so sorry baby." He apologized as his warm tears hit her neck.

"Don't be, it's not your fault. Oh my God, thank you Jesus, I thought I lost you." She cried grabbing his face and just stared at him.

She wiped a tear from under his eye and he grabbed her face and crashed his lips into hers.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she stood on her tiptoes and deepened the kiss.

Never in a million years did she think she would get a second chance at love again.

She thought God was punishing her for going through with the abortion years ago.

Losing Nate was literally her losing her best friend. Her protector, he was truly her savior and the moment she was told he was gone her heart left with him.

But here they were reunited.

So much to catch up on and so many questions but as of right now, they were gonna soak this up and enjoy every moment.

**

Nate's & Jenna 2nd home

"I'm shocked yuh still kept things furnished." Nate spoke pulling Jenna's body into his as they laid in bed.

"Sometimes I would fly out here just to reminisce, it was my only sense of comfort." She admitted messing with her ring.

It still felt surreal, like it was a dream that she refused to wake up from.

"I can't believe I didn't recognize my own son." He spoke. "In your defense they shot you when he was younger." She reminded.

"I still should have remembered though..."

"Well, you do now. What do you wanna do?" She asked looking at him.

"We gotta take out dem niggas back home first."

"No... I just got you back and you're ready to shoot somebody." She spoke and he chuckled.

"Come on pretty lady, yuh know how I do." He replied and she gave him a look. "Exactly why I said that." She argued.

"I'm not gonna let dem slide, dem niggas kept mi for what? Fifteen or so years? Maybe they did save mi life but they kidnapped mi ass and drugged mi. Yuh know I'm wit allat smoke J bug, they gotta pay." He told her and she frowned.

"At least play if off like you still don't remember and take em one by one or something. You gotta think smart Nate, these new boys are different from how you and Gunna them used to be."

"Gunna? Oh shit where his ass at?" He asked.

"Jamaica." She answered and he furrowed his brows.

"At the safe house... he couldn't take you being back with no memory so he left." She added and he looked up at the ceiling.

"Damian?"

"He's dead." She spoke softly and he bit down on his lip.

"I should've been more careful."

"Don't you dare lay here and blame yourself, you better not." She scolded sitting up and he closed his eyes.

That was his brother, yeah they never agreed on everything but that was family.

"They gotta pay." He gritted and she shook her head.

"That's something else I was avoiding," She announced and he looked at her.

"What?"

"Simon... uh.. he was behind the hit." She revealed and he chuckled sitting up. "Di batty bwoy dat begged for his life fi be spared? Had enough balls fi order a hit pan mi?" He questioned and she just stared at him.

Nodding, he threw the covers off of his naked body and climbed out the bed.

"Where are you going?" Jenna asked grabbing his shirt and put it on.

"He still live out here right?" He asked picking up his sweats and put them on.

"He's dead." She blurted and he turned towards her slowly.

"I did it..."

Tilting his head slightly, he studied her.

"I did it... about a year or so ago. He's gone." She spoke.

"He had a daughter right?" He asked raising a brow and she cocked her head.

"My nieces?"

"Oh so he had two? Cool." He spoke with a shrug and she stared at him funny. "You aren't touching them, they had no parts in my fucked up brother's bullshit." She told him.

"Those his seeds tho yes or no? He put in half for em right?"

"I just said you aren't touching my nieces." She repeated more firmly and he nodded slowly.

"When are we going back?" He asked walking into the bathroom in a completely different mood.

"Why?"

"Just answer da question Jenna." He replied cutting the shower on and she took a moment to examine the bullet wounds that scarred his back.

"Whatever the hell those people did to you, I'm gonna need you to fight it because if you think for one second I'm gonna let you do anything to those girls, me and you gon be some fighting muhfuckers." She warned folding her arms and he chuckled.

"Good to know." He spoke stepping into the shower, she stared at him for a while before she headed back into the bedroom.

She would hate to have to choose between her first love and family.

**

NATE JR.
June 24th

"Your mom comes back today right?" Gabby asked as we sat out back putting together this clubhouse for Ramel.

"Yeah, said she got a surprise."

"Ooo what kind of surprise?" She asked and I chuckled. "Leave it to my mom with the shenanigans, there's no telling wit her. She probably got me a gift or something." I said and she laughed.

"You have little hope in her." She replied handing me the screw driver.

"My mama is old school, anything excites her." I said then chuckled.

"At least she's always happy and here."

"You know I ain't mean it any type of way G." I told her.

"I know... don't mind me." She replied holding the door up so I could put the screws in.

"I've been thinking about us taking another getaway trip... are you down?" I asked.

"To Jamaica again?"

"I was thinking Bali, Indonesia or maybe Cavo Tagoo, Mykonos ?" I announced and she gave me a weird look.

"Where?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Check those brochures I placed in your journal, then let me know." I said opening and closing the door to make sure it was secure.

"You still snoop around in my diary?"

"I told you before G, my memory is out of dis world shortie." I reminded and she smirked.

"How do you remember stuff I don't even remember writing?" She questioned and I shrugged.

"Maybe you blocked it out not thinking you would ever accomplish any of those dreams, it's what I'm here for." I told her and she smiled.

"Such a sweetheart."

"Only way I know how to be." I replied picking up the blue paint can then slid it her way.

"Nate?" She called picking up the paintbrush. "Wassup?" I answered opening the white can of paint.

"I need some advice."

"Shoot for it." I said starting on the back wall.

"Can you teach me how to shoot a gun?" She asked and I stared at her for a moment. "That's your advice question?" I asked and she laughed.

"I wasn't sure how to come about it..." she replied staring at the paintbrush.

"So you want to learn how to shoot?" I asked raising a brow.

"Yeah."

"Somebody messing with you?" I questioned and she shook her head.

"I just wanna learn." She assured.

"Ok, we can do dat tomorrow but I need a valid reason." I told her.

"I wanna be able to protect the people I love." She spoke more confidently.

"As in?"

"Ra... you... my friends." She replied and I nodded. "I'll set something up." I told her and she smiled.

"Let me find out you're tryna be Thorn for real." I joked and she laughed.

"What you tryna be valid for?" I asked and she stared at me confused. "Valid?" She said and I laughed.

"Valid ma, certified, stamped, it's just street talk." I clarified.

"Oh, well not technically just wanna be able to look out for y'all if things go left." She assured and I smirked.

"You sound like my mom." I said. "How?"

"My pops and her had dis same type of discussion except theirs were more hostile and whatnot." I answered then chuckled.

Boy the stories my mama told me.

"What do you consider hostile?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Well she said they were yelling, well she did all da yelling and cursing, my pops raised his voice once and she turned into a baby." I told her then chuckled.

For a woman so short and with mouth she sure as hell can't take my pops yelling at her.

"She cried when he yelled at her?" She asked trying not to laugh which made the story even funnier.

"Yup, I told you they don't like doing dat cursing or fighting mess. But sometimes my mom seems to forget when she's angry and well my pops just rose his voice slightly and she got in her feels." I explained then laughed at the face she made.

"That's an interesting love story." She joked and I chuckled agreeing.

"That's my folks for you."

**

AUGUST & SKYLAR

"Aight but when you gon stop playing and give me some kids?" He asked Sky as he spun around in her office chair while she counted the money.

"We got ways to go buddy." She replied and he chuckled.

"So you do wanna give me a few kids?"

"Fewww?" She asked and he busted out laughing. "Aight, two." He reasoned and she rose a brow. "One."

"Nah ma, I need two." He told her and she laughed. "I'll think about it." She said.

"Long as you're thinking." He said and she laughed.

"Such a goof."

"Dat you seem to love." He replied with a grin and she smiled.

"So cocky."

"Confident baybeh, confident." He corrected.

"We need to take another vacation... to Italy or something." He added.

"You always wanna go somewhere." She joked and he kissed his teeth. "We're in our twenties we're supposed ta spend it traveling and shit."

"Why Italy?" She asked placing the money inside the safe.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked and she tapped her chin.

"Japan... or Greece."

"Greece seems dope." He replied pulling out his phone to check out the hot spots.

"If you had to choose one?" He asked. "Maybe Greece." She answered and he nodded typing away at his phone.

"They got a dope place called Santorini... what you think?"

"What does it look like?" She questioned walking over towards him and sat down on his lap.

"Oh my God, that's gorgeous." She gushed and he agreed. "You down?" He asked scrolling through more photos.

"Hell yes." She replied and he chuckled. "I wanna take Bre with us."

"I actually wanted her to go with us to Jamaica." He informed. "When are we going there?"

"Christmas time, Nate wanted us to have dat as a regular family spot during dat time." He told her and she nodded.

"Ok sounds fine with me." She replied grabbing her bag and stood up stretching in the process.

"What you wanna eat?"

"I want chicken." She answered and he chuckled pulling out his keys.

"All you eat is chicken, you act like you don't know there's other things out there." He said as they walked out the office.

"Chicken is my life, you should know that." She told him as she cut the lights off.

"Regular or you want some flava' to em?" He asked holding the door open for her.

"I think I got a taste for some cajun wings or maybe lemon pepper."

"I know what I got a taste for." He flirted and she laughed hitting his arm.

"Don't give me dat cuz I've been tryna get yo ass to give me some for three weeks." She reminded and he coughed looking away.

"I been busy." He lied and she cocked her head.

"With what? Cuz it sure ain't doing me." She stated placing her hand on her hips and he chuckled softly.

"Aight I was nervous when you said there was a chance you could be pregnant, so I've been forcing myself not to touch you." He admitted and she stared at him blankly.

"How the hell yo ass get scared when you were just in my office asking me for kids?" She asked and he shrugged.

"I talk shit, you know dat. A nigga got scared don't jump down my throat for it." He spoke opening the passenger door for her.

Shaking her head, she laughed to herself.

"At least I know what to expect when I really do get pregnant, I won't be getting no dick until after the baby comes." She said and he busted out laughing.

"You down bad for dat ma, don't carry me like dat." He said starting the car up.

"It's true." She argued.

"Nah, I just got scared, but if I know I intentionally nutted in you I'ma be a happy as hell." He told her as he backed out the parking lot.

"You all talk Aug, yo ass was sweating bullets, I will believe it when that day comes." She replied and he kissed his teeth.

"Aight bet, let's shake on it." He said extending his hand and she smirked shaking hands with him.

"First one to crack can't get sex for two months." She said after they shook hands and his mouth dropped.

"Stop playing."

*
*
*
How we feeling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.3K 31
Kendra Why won't he listen to me, when I tell him its a better life out there for him? Why is he turnin to that life? Why is he trying to be somethi...
The Pack By llex🌦

Teen Fiction

72.5K 3.5K 29
Moving to Chicago, I never thought it would be like this. I never thought I would have the friends I have today, I never believed that I would be acc...
194 4 7
""what you don't now won't kill ya right???""He says with a face thatk suggests to mind my business.~~ " I didn't ask to be here I was brought here t...
52.7M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...