CANCEL •°• Failing Isnt An Op...

By AuthorSamaWriting

"failing isn't an option. it isn't and will never be one. you fight for the people you care for, and you figh... More

author-sama 👑
•°•chapter 1•°•
•°•chapter 2•°•
•°•chapter 4•°•

•°•chapter 3•°•

30 11 3
By AuthorSamaWriting

Dicks pov

"Recognized, Robin 22"

I let my eyes open as the light from the machine stops and the programed female voice ends.

Before Bruce and I parted ways he said he would be here a few minutes after me. He sounded very serious, at least more than usual. I can only guess what the bat is really thinking.. But for now I should go join the others in the training room.

I let my feet guide me through the well known halls of the base.

"Oh come on! " a loud and obnoxious voice yells. I hear a thud next and another digital voice.

"Kid flash, fail. "

I smirk as I walk into the big training room. On the plateform lays a frowning kid flash and a smirking black canary. He sighs before taking her extended hand.

"I wish I had seen the full fail. "I exhale while stretching.

He growls but smirks as he jumps off of the plateform.

"Well, well, well.. If it isn't the red faced Robin. "He chides poking my cheek before stepping away. Before I can counter with anything Artemis smacks him.

"Hey owwww! " he yells jumping away. She dosent say anything, instead she rolls her eyes.

"Hey Robin. " she mumbles while putting a hand on her hip. The others quickly make their way towards us with smiles.. Well other than superboy. He dosent ever smile, at least not that I have seen.

"Welcome back Robin, where's batman? "Zattana asks with a big smile.

"He should be on his way right now. " I retort with a smile of my own.

She nods slightly and looks at aqua lad who makes his way over to the group that formed.

"Do you know anything about this 'meeting' ? Black canary is unwilling to tell us. " he explains with a Swift movement of his hand.

I nod my head a little before rummaging through my mind. Did he mention anything about a meeting? I'm sure he was going to say something back at the school but.. Other than thst he didn't say anything today..

"No I actually don't know what he's thinking. " I mumble back.

"Batman 1, superman 4, green lantern 25, red tornado 34 ,Dr. Fate 35, the flash 22"

"Well kiddo's, you did say you wanted to know. " black canary says with a small smirk while patting kid flash on the back. She walks through the doors without looking back and I remember to close my mouth finally.

"U-uhm what is this about!?" Kid flash whisper exclaims. I feel my heart pang in my chest at the sudden mention of the power houses. I've met every one of the heros being batmans sidekick, but this dosent seem like a house call.

"What are they doing here so suddenly" m'gann says while shifiting uncomfortably. I watch as superboy frowns and then looks away.

"Shhhh " Artemis hisses. "Superman has super hearing right? " she continues while looking at me.

I nod my head and decide not to mention the fact that he heard everything we just said.

"Let us see what they have come. " awualad gently suggests, while leading the way out of the training room.

I watch as everybody leaves before following them a little ways behind. They whisper argue amoungest themselves but I find myself not thinking about that or the situation we're in. Alex's smile comes into my mind and I can't help but think about her. Her skin was soft, that much I could tell by touching her warm hands. I feel my face heat up and my body start to tingle.

"-you listening? "

I jump slightly as everybody turns a bit to look at me.

"U-uhm ya! Ya I was listening.. " I stutter. They give me weird looks and Wally sighs before looking forward once more.

"I was saying that we must be getting in trouble! " he exclaims throwing his hands up in disbelief.

"Ya your stupidity must of finally reached the big guys. " Artemis says while shaking her head and sighing.

He has no time to retort as we make it to wear the big guys stand. They don't notice us at first as they are talking amoung themselves in hushed whispers.

I feel a ringing in my head before looking at Megan.

The link is established.she thinks while eyeing the justice league wearily.

This is kinda overwhelming.. Zattana thinks before sighing so that everybody can hear.

Cra-

"Thank you for joining us, and sorry to keep you all waiting. " superman says stepping closer to us with a smile. I glimpse at the others who now look at zattana with frowns. Wally begi s to let out a small giggle causing Artemis to smack him once more.

Jeez will they date already..?

I flinch as Artemis and Wally glare at me. Oops.. I forgot they could hear me through the mind link. I pretend like I didn't say anything as I watch the league talk a little more before moving closer to the big holo screens that hang in the air.

"I know that you all are confused about our.. Sudden appearance. " superman chides trying to find the right words.

Who wouldn't be..

"But you all are not in trouble, in fact you're risky moves have made you all successful in most missons you have been given. " he adds quickly.

I glance at Wally who pouts a little and looks away. We all know who the most risky of the group is.

"Today we are here here to inform you all." Superman concludes looking at batman.

He turns around to face the big screen and taps a few buttons. On one screen are the pictures of at least 26 people. All of them missing.

I've seen this list.. These people have gone missing in the towns and city's around Gotham.

"This is a missing people's report. 30 of these men and women have been missing for at least 24 hours. Their ages range between 16 to 58 years old. Not only that but these people have been scattered between 1 to 150 miles around the city of Gotham. " batman says briskly turning around to face us.

"I know that you all are probably wondering what this has to do with you and your missions.. " he continues while looking at each one of us with a frown.

"Last week you faced a nameless female villian. "He says while a picture of a girl with bright brown eyes and dark brown hair pops up on the screen followed by another one with her mother and father.

"She was reported missing two weeks ago by her parents, rhe last place she was seen was the school she goes to. "

Another picture pops up, this one familiar. A girl with black hair that ends into a black flame stands on top of a yellow car.

Isn't this the villian we tried to take out a week ago? Artemis asks while shifting off of her left foot.

Yeah. And just like some of the others, she also used black magic.. And got away. Zattana retorts. She looks at Dr. Fate who hasn't said anything to her with a small frown.

"You faced this girl last Tuesday at exactly 3:23 pm. As you can see, this girl definitely resembles the girl to the left. " super man says. Both of the pictures collide to make an over print of her body. They both have the same body structure and face shape. Even their hair is similar.

"You're mission was to stop the girl from destroying anymore of the city. You did in fact stop her. But just like most of the other new villians,she dissapeared after the first fight.."

"This leads us to believe there is another source getting rid of these villians. " superman says while looking away uncomfortably. Judging from the way superman talks, this whole situation bothers him. And why wouldn't it?

Teenagers and adults are going missing in the town he protects as well.

"What do you mean by.. Getting rid of them? " zatanna asks hesitantly.

Superman rubs his neck and looks over to batman for help.

"Their body's are gone. There's nothing left of them. " green lantern says bluntly. I hear a couple of gasps and even I stiffen.

People are going missing just as these people are appearing? And then somebody takes them out so nobody finds any evidence? It just dosent make sense. I hiss to the others unconvinced.

Superman frowns heavily before sighing and continuing, "that's one way to put it I guess.."

Another picture appears. This one,the black flame that these new villians are using.

"Zattana can you tell me what this is. " Dr. Fate says more then asks. I feel her stiffen before looking at the new pictures of black energy.

"That is magical energy. Or as we call it condensed black magic. "

He nods his head before coming closer to us.

"This indeed is black magic. In justice leauges databases we have all the names of magical users. None of them are able to do anything like this." Dr. Fate adds.

"Not too long ago a high magical energy spiked through the atmosphere, causing the garidains of the lantern to send me back here to investigate. From our recent information we can conclude that our lantern rings our not involved. Even so I will stay here with you all as.. Backup just in case things get ugly. " green lantern states while looking at batman accusingly.

"The last thing you all need to know about this situation is your part. Things are changing and the league fears its for the worse, you all live in the vicinity and go to the schools around this area. When you are out of your uniform, you stay in a group, and you watch each others backs. " black canary finally says, her smile finally leaving her red lips.

"Aqualad, you and your team will find the person or people responsible for the missing men and women, learn their plot, and nothing more. Do you understand."

"I do batman. "

"Good, you all are dismissed. Take this opportunity to learn more about green lantern. " he mumbles with a wave of his hand.

"W-wait you guys! " green lantern pleads while pulling on the flashes body suit.

I don't bother to watch what happens next, instead I turn to the others. They look pale and to be honest I can't help but feel sick to my stomach.

We need to protect our friends, our school mates.. What if they're targeted next? Wally thinks while looking at us. His green eyes that are normally cheerful are now filled with worry.

I smile a bit before putting my hand on his shoulder and patting a couple of times.

"We'll have to be weary. All of us. For each other and for our school mates. "

We watch as the power houses leave. only black Canary, red tornado and a slouching green lantern remain. I sigh slowly and take my hand off of kids shoulder. At least he looks happier.

"Are the rest of you ok? " superboy suddenly asks while crossing his arms. He mostly looks at megan who in turn blushes and looks away.

"Oh brother.. "Wally mutters to himself causing Artemis to smack him upside the head.

"I'm fine.. " she says while playing with her hair. He nods a bit and looks away with a red face.

"Ok kids, who wants a go at green lantern?" Black canary says with a big smile. She shifts her eyes to green lantern who is trying to tug away from his grasp. I guess she wants to make everything light hearted. Who would say yes right now?

"Oo oo me me! " Wally exclaims jumping up and down like a kid trying to get a candy.

Figures...

Others pov

The sun beats down from the sky as a wind carry's a calming breeze against a figure. Grey hair with purple and blue undertones blow forward as a girl sits on the edge of a building. Her crossed leg bounces up and down to a beat that she hums out loud to herself. She doesn't move away from the large height that could kill any other person, instead she basks in the sun.

"Things are changing.. " the girl says with a sigh as calming as the breeze.

"Now it's only a matter of time untill the prophecy comes true.. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 9.6K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.1M 35.9K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
716K 26.4K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...