One Dance

Από strawdolls

Bakugou just wants to be the top hero. Kirishima just wants to dance. Kirishima and Bakugou had been pining o... Περισσότερα

1| Singled Out
2| Settled
3| Despacito
4| Viral
5| Resolve
A Smol Doodle
6| His Hand
7| First Base
9| Broken
10| A Helping Hand
11| Last Friday Night
12| A Present
13| Heart to Heart
14| Pillow Talk
15| Best Friends Forever
16| Swalla-la-la
17| Fright Fest
18| Killing Time
19| Taste
20| Equilibrium
21| Return
22| Favorites
23| First
24| Lodging: Day One
25| Lodging: Day Two
26| Lodging: Day Three
27| Lodging: Day Four
28| Minutes 'til Midnight
29| Love Like You
Thank You! 💜

8| Funday

2.5K 111 379
Από strawdolls

Notes: I freaking published this on ao3 by accident so instead of spending an hour trying to figure out how to get rid of it I just decided, "ykw, fuck it, early update"

_______________________

Okay, so maybe getting piss-drunk wasn't the best idea. Memories of last night were a botched fuzz, and all the redhead had to show for it was the hardly recognizable remnants of katsudon swimming around in toilet water. Kiri groaned, reaching for the handle to flush. A mind-numbing migraine was of the least of his concerns; his whole body felt sore as if he spent the night swimming, which wouldn't seem like a far fetch notion given the gaps in his memory.

Bakugou thankfully didn't awaken from Kiri's abrupt leaving, so Kiri was able to reclaim his spot snuggled beside him. They were nearing the 24-hour mark—their first official day of dating. To others, it may have seemed juvenile to count the hours, minutes, and seconds that passed them by, but in all fairness, the experience of dating was something new to the both of them. On top of that, they spent years fawning over each other, yearning for more yet never quite acting on their desires or whatever when they could've been like this all that time. Instead of today being their first day of dating, it could've been their anniversary. Kirishima hummed, nuzzling his head into the blond's chest.

Waiting hadn't been too bad; they developed a wholesome friendship outside of their romantic intimacy. Dating his best friend was possibly the best choice he ever made. They had all the bases covered—they knew each other inside and out, the good, the bad, and the ugly; they enjoyed spending time together, and Bakugou's parents loved him. Kirishima remembered how they all went out the day of their graduation. Bakugou's mom, Mitsuki, as she preferred to be called, boasted about how elated she was that Kirishima managed to tame a beast she long deemed to be untameable. Bakugou didn't appreciate the comment, but Kirishima was over the moon.

Shoot, just being in the blond's general vicinity made him feel over the moon. He was so damn warm and smelled like cinnamon, caramel and sugar, all spicy and sweet... Kirishima exhaled the scent. He could get used to this.

Boom.

"Yooo! Wake up you literal fuckers! The girls are gone, so let's get this Sunday Funday started!"

Sticky note added: get into the habit of locking the fucking door. Sticky note pasted next to the one written prior, which read, 'Stop forgetting shit 'cause of your stupid man-crush.' Scratch that other note; he was his ethereal boyfriend from now on.

"Pikachu, what the FUCK?"

Ethereal... That could be debatable.

Kirishima was left to suffer the cold alone after that moment while the alpha wolf went after his prey. Their weekends were always like this. Fridays were dedicated to their group outings, Saturday was their day to do whatever, usually ending with them drinking the night away, while Sundays was the day responsible for undoing the damage caused by the previous two days. The girls typically spent the day shopping or whatever, leaving the boys to claim the apartment as their fortified stronghold. It was tradition at this point for their Sunday Funday to begin with some hostile exchange, usually with either Kaminari, Sero, or Kirishima himself provoking the walking bomb to the point he exploded on them. Then, they'd cram themselves in the bathroom to play around with scrubs and face masks (Bakugou's expensive LUSH products, of course) in preparation for their performance in the concert hall (aka the kitchen).

Bakugou hated Sundays for all the things mentioned above. He liked to wake up early on during the week, but weekends were the only time he'd give himself the luxury of sleeping in. Unfortunately, 'sleep-ins' weren't a weekend tradition. They used his LUSH products as if they didn't cost him an arm and a fucking leg. Then, they had the audacity to annoy him further by dancing and singing around the whole fucking kitchen as he won't chuck a hot pot at their heads.

Today was no different.

Bakugou slaved over a hot pan whilst the three green-masked stooges frolicked about the kitchen with a Beats Pill blaring their annoying ass music. He was convinced they rehearsed this shit when he wasn't around. All they needed at this point was a fucking printed program, personally written by him. He could imagine the shit now. It would be in a basic ass font like Arial, font size 11, printed on plain white printer paper like so:

Sunday Funday Kitchen Concert
Sunday, September 30, 2018

My Stupid Boyfriend...................................Starships by Nicki Minaj

Dumb, Dumb and Dumber....................................Work From Home by Fifth Harmony

Dumb, Dumb and Dumber................................You Make Me Feel... by Cobra Starship, Sabi

My Stupid Hot Boyfriend ft. Pikachu.......................................Fergalicious by Fergie, will.i.am

Pikachu ft. Dumb and Dumber....................................DADDY by PSY

My Stupid Hot Sexy Boyfriend ft. Pikachu..........................Bed by Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande

Sponsors
LUSH Cosmetics, Gordon Ramsay (catering), Beats by Dre

Credits
Kirishima Eijirou (choreography), Fortnite (backup choreography), the voguing community (also choreography)

Bakugou Fucking Kasuki everyone. Thanks for coming to the fucking TED talk.

The omurice he prepared for them was finally ready, and to save the idiots from poisoning themselves or some other stupid shit, he reminded them to wash off the face masks. Or maybe he only whispered the reminder to his idiot boyfriend, who then announced it out loud to the other two dunce heads. So yes, he did play a small, yet significant role in preventing death, and for that, he deserved a nap. Preferably one with his idiot boyfriend. Y'know, to use as a heated body pillow. But as expected, the redhead wanted to stay in the living room with Idiot 1 & 2 to watch some stupid movies Bakugou knew he was going to fall asleep on.

He agreed to it too, obviously. Kirishima Eijirou had him wrapped around his manly little finger, the fucker. All he had to do was pout and flash those stupid puppy eyes at him and the infrastructure that supported Bakugou's perseverance and self-control would come crumbling down. Completely wrecked. Bakugou.exe crashed. The fucked up part was that the redhead unlocked this power while they were only friends; his power level boosted over 9000 once they started dating. It would probably be the death of him too.

Kirishima stayed up long enough to vote for watching Cars, and right after singing along to the first iconic song in the movie, he passed out on top of the blond, snoring softly and drooling all over Bakugou's favorite sweater (Denki now has a whole album dedicated to this). Midway through the movie, Denki and Sero announced their boredom and stirred up a conversation with each other, one that Bakugou neglected being apart of. Playing with Kiri's hair while he slept whilst watching Hell's Kitchen on his phone was far more superior to social interaction with those idiots.

That was, until he heard Kirishima's name being used.

"...shima spoke to her, but she really didn't tell me much of nothin'. All she said was, 'he's an idiot', then the night went the way it did and, boom, Sunday Funday. Didn't answer my text. Didn't answer my call. Kyouka just told me to leave her alone for now."

"Jeez, that is strange..." Denki mused. "I wish we knew someone who had a mind reading quirk."

"Nah, dude, I don't want someone to tell me what's wrong, I want her to tell me what's wrong. Besides, that's like... an invasion of privacy. Reading minds is like popping open the lock on someone's diary and reading their thoughts."

"That's deep, bro. I wish Kiri was up so he could tell you how manly that statement was. He'd be all, 'That was so incredibly manly, dude!'"

"'So manly.'"

The pair noticed Bakugou side-eyeing them, and to his annoyance, they roped him into the conversation with a new topic.

"Did he tell you what they talked about after we dropped him off?" queried Denki. Bakugou peered down at the sleeping redhead, his fingers still laced in his hair. He set his phone down on the couch's armrest and burrowed his now free hand in the small of his back.

"He said somethin' about her worrying about their status as friends." Saying it out loud gave him the same uneasiness he experienced when the redhead told him just last night. Mina and the redhead had been friends before coming to UA, though Bakugou was the friend Kirishima was closest to despite the seniority Mina had. If she was really worried about their friendship, she would've expressed that concern years ago. They all lived together now and probably would for a couple more years until they decided to branch off from each other. Bakugou could tell it was bullshit, but he wasn't going to say that to Kirishima's face. The redhead was a sociable person by nature, but him, Pikachu, and Raccoon Eyes shared a brain cell; if one was using it, the other couldn't, and that night, Mina was in control of it.

Kirishima couldn't read between the lines, but Bakugou could. There was something beyond the lines of friendship that she was hinting at, and he didn't like that shit. He couldn't just outright accuse her, though, not in front of the squad and definitely not in front of Sero. He had to catch her off her guard.

"Their status as friends? Really? Does she wanna be top bro or somethin'? 'Cause I'm Kiri's best bro!" Denki squabbled.

"Can it, dumbass. I'm his favorite," hissed the blond.

"You can't be his boyfriend and his best bro. That's just unfair!"

"Just accept that you're second best and shut the fuck up."

Denki gasped, a hand clutching his chest. "Take that back! Hanta, make him take it back and say it's not true!"

"They do say 'second is the best'," Sero snickered, much to Bakugou's chagrin. Denki cheered before making the deadly mistake of teasing the blond, prodding at his cheek with his finger. Bakugou's eye twitched. The urge to bite his finger off was strong. He imagined a small angelic Kiri whispering against the cruel action in his left ear whilst devil Sero snickered about it in his other.

"I'm going to bed." Sunday Funday was over in the blond's head. Kiri was asleep. He also wanted to sleep. He didn't have to put up with their annoying ass antics, not when his mind was racing faster than Iida using Recipro Turbo.

"What? C'mon, I was joking! It's not even twelve yet!" Denki whined. Bakugou brushed him off, sitting the sleeping redhead up in his lap. Kiri buried his head into the crook of his neck, arms draping loosely around his waist. Bakugou secured the redhead's legs on his hips and grunted as he lifted them both off of the couch.

"All the more reason to go back to sleep. You two give me a fucking headache."

"We didn't even get to the best part yet!"

"I'm not hotboxing with you assholes. 'M fuckin' tired."

Denki deflated against Sero, his bottom lip poking out. "You're no fun..."

Bakugou grumbled something about not giving a fuck before retreating back to his room with a limp Kirishima hanging off of him. He headed towards a bed after kicking the door close behind him. Then, he locked the shit after depositing Kirishima on his bed. You know, just in case. Kirishima curled around his pillow and muttered into it. He looked so fucking pure when he slept it made Bakugou sick.

Love sick.

That's how the term was used, right? Right. You'd think the hornets' nest in his stomach would cease activity upon him confessing his feelings to the red-headed idiot. Wait... He never confessed shit. He'd been too caught up with impressing Kiri with his dance skills that talking about that shit just slipped his mind. But then again, they had plenty of time last night to talk about it before running for first base...

Mental sticky note added: use your brain, not your head.

Bakugou curled around Kirishima's sleeping frame and nuzzled his head into the base of his neck, inhaling that heady woodsy, earthy amber musk of his. The back of his nose tickled each time he brought in the heavenly scent, and he soon found himself daydreaming about all the times they went hiking together. The dirt and mulch would always be soft and moist from a previous rainy day, making that satisfying squishing sound with each step they took. Twigs and leaves crunched under their weight while a robust aroma of cedar and pine filled the cool, humid air. By the time they'd reach the end of the hiking trail, they'd be sticky with sweat and Kirishima's precious crocs would be ruined. Bakugou would make fun of him for it, and they'd laugh about his shit choice in shoes until they go quiet and just stare at each other, their breathing evenly matched.

Kirishima would kill the mood by picking at the fact the blond smiled at him, in which Bakugou would curse at him and go hiking off the trail. The moron would follow after him, neglecting to mark their path so they could find their way back.

Bakugou inhaled again, closing his eyes.

Hours would pass as they walked and chatted about nothing in particular. The setting sun would burn a brilliant orange through the steeples of cedarwoods and pines and remind them that they needed to get back to the lodge before nightfall, but they'd get lost in the dark. They'd get lost in the dark with each other. They'd get lost in the dark with each other amongst wet mulch, cedarwood and pine trees.

Bakugou inhaled again.

🧡 Blasty McBabe ❤️
im runnin late, but i'll meet you guys there. just send the address
8:33PM

Kirishima toyed with the aglet of his hoodie's drawstring, typing out the address with his free hand as he chewed on his lip. To admit he was nervous would be an understatement. It was going to be his first date! Should he take pictures? Videos? Did he look nice? Smell nice? Denki had picked out his outfit for the night, suggesting he wear something more casual since they were only out to drink and dance. A sleeveless denim vest topped his white Thrasher hoodie. The red checkered canvas sneakers Denki had him squeeze his feet into were a lot less comfortable than his crocs, but they meshed well with his black distressed skinny jeans. Overall, Denki had him feeling like he had just walked out of the pages of a streetwear magazine.

Kirishima watched the buildings and people pass by the window in a blur, his reflection faint. His elbow rested on the armrest of the door. Next to him was Sero, who expressed his excitement with Denki and Jirou about finally heading out together on a triple date. Beforehand, their outings were double dates with the special appearances of Kirishima and Bakugou. Now, thing's were totally going to be different.

"Ah, Kiri, you look so good! I'm so proud of myself," Denki chimed, tapping a finger on the steering wheel. Jirou rolled her eyes at him, waving a hand.

"Are you trying to gas him up or yourself?"

"Him, of course! This is my baby shark's first official date!"

"Baby shark," Sero snickered, bumping knees with Kirishima. Denki peered at his bro in the rearview mirror, grinning mischievously.

"See, Kyo? Hanta greatly appreciates my humorous enthusiasm."

"You've been boasting about his outfit since we started driving, Denki, the confident effect has long since wore off." Jirou pointed her thumb at the redhead.

"Okay maybe, but—oh look, we're here!"

The gang peered out the window as the car rolled to a stop in front of a brick-front building. They could hear the loud Latin tunes being played from inside the car since the entrance had been left wide open, probably due to it being cooler outside than it was inside. A few stragglers remained outside the building running idle conversations, smoking cigarettes, or just chilling by themselves. The parking lot was in the back, and Denki pulled into a driveway that led them down a dimly lit alleyway. Cautiously, Denki eased his foot on the accelerator, peering around with an uneasy look on his face. They relaxed once they reached the other side of the narrow alleyway, collective sighs filling the car as Denki picked up his speed to find a park.

Once settled, the group made their way back towards the front, their idle chit chat bouncing off the dark walls of the alleyway. Kirishima trailed behind them, the bright screen of his phone illuminating the features of his face. It was cutting close to nine o'clock when they had arrived. The redhead chewed on his lip, his body tense. What if he didn't show up? He thought to himself, his heart squeezing in his chest at that possible outcome.

No, he thought, he wouldn't stand me up... His mind went back to the thorough makeout session they had before the blond departed. His cheeks warmed up, an unconvincing smile manufacturing on his face as a hand went up to rub the back of his splotchy neck. Wearing a bun did little to conceal the bright red marks peppering the sides and base of his neck, but Denki refused to let him cover them up despite his protests. Bakugou himself had been a lot more clingy for the past two weeks.

Following the Sunday those two weeks ago, Mina finally announced that they'd go out (tonight) in early celebration of Kirishima's birthday since the day itself fell on a work day—a dreadful Tuesday. Therefore, the BakuSquad (sans Bakugou) was out on the Friday evening of October 12th, a mere four days prior to his birthdate. Bakugou told him he has a special present planned for him and naturally refused to give him any hints, but since that Sunday, he'd been ravaging him nonstop (not that he was complaining). Covering up the hickies for patrol led to a dramatic change in his hero costume; his sleeves now had a body attached to them—a shirt. A full blown turtleneck. Explaining the sudden change to Fat and Tamaki was probably the most challenging part...

Denki shivered next to him, pulling the redhead out of his innermost thoughts. His eyes meeting with gold irises, he faced a toothy grin, the golden blond's eyes almost sparkling at him. "Nervous?" Denki questioned, clasping his hands behind his head, his elbows pointed upwards. Kirishima shrugged, gazing back down at the ground drearily.

"A little..." He admitted, pocketing his cell phone. Denki unclasped his hands and shoved them into the pockets of his leather jacket, his eyes forward as they both trailed behind the rest of the group.

"We both know he's going to be pissy as shit because of this weather..." Denki shivered again. It was the second Friday of their October. The weather steady became more somber, cloudy days with light breezes commonplace in their daily forecast. Bakugou—his hot-headed, hot-blooded self—dreaded the cooler months that made up autumn and winter. It wasn't just because of his explosion quirk, which relied heavily on his sweat production, but also because he'd have to layer himself in clothes to keep himself warm. Kirishima could survive with just a sweater or jacket, but the blond still shivered his socks off with a winter coat.

"I'm sure he'll warm right back up when he sees you," Denki teased, pushing an elbow into Kirishima's side. The joke brought a more convincing smile to the redhead's face, and he grabbed Denki by the neck, locking him under his arm as he ruffled his hair. The two shared a laugh as the redhead let go of his friend and allowed him to fix up his hair.

The music coming from inside the building filled the soundless street outside of the entrance. The gang was amazed by the homey feel of the bar, and after being greeted by the cheery staff, sat down at a rounded booth situated in the front corner of the establishment. From where they sat, they had a comfortable view of the dance floor above, which was offset on a platform that lifted it a couple of inches off of the main floor level. There were a fair amount of people already dancing, most of the lighting in the building focused on the dancers' floor. The gang settled on ordering a couple of drinks to start off their night while they waited for the blond to show up.

Jirou shook her head and obscured her face from view as the boys roared about an embarrassing story Denki was sharing about them. Denki suppressed his chuckle and took a swig of his pineapple sangria. He choked a swallow and took the glass away from his mouth, his hand replacing it as he wiped some liquid off his chin. He waited for the laughing to die down and slung an arm over his girlfriend's shoulder, pulling her into him as he cooed, "Don't be embarrassed, Kyo! C'mon, that was funny!"

"Getting caught having sex in the back of your car by your parents was not funny!" Jirou argued, snatching the glass from in front of him and downing the yellow liquid in hopes of drowning out the memory yet again. Denki clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes playfully. They fell on the Kirishima, who sat wedged between Sero and the wall. The tips of his ears were stained red, as well as his nose and extending towards the apples of his cheeks. Denki mirrored his friend's position in the seat, leaning forwards so that his elbows pressed against the edge of table and the palms of his hands cupped his chin, his fingers splayed across the entirety of his cheeks.

"D'you have any embarrassing couples' stories about you and Bakubro, Kiri?"

Kiri tilted his head back at the question and his brows arched downwards. "I dunno... we just started dating, so there's not much I can tell you."

"Awww, c'mon!" Denki leaned back into the cushion of the booth seat pointing an accusing finger at the redhead as he squinted at him. "Bakubro's been clinging to you like saran wrap for the past couple of weeks. I've seen, and I've saw; you can't tell me nothing happened."

"If you've 'seen and saw', then why are you asking me?" Kirishima groaned, the lowly sound briefly interrupted by a hiccup. Denki rolled his eyes again as if the answer would be obvious.

"'Cause they don't know!" Denki gestured the rest of the group. "Oh! I know! Why don't you tell them about the time you bit him?"

Kirishima gasped. "I—"

"So I was chillin' on the couch, right?" Denki intercepted, slapping a palm onto the table as he glanced around at the curious gazes of his comrades. "It was only us three; Kiri and Bakubro were in their room, but they left the door open, right? So I go in there to ask them if they'd seen my charger and those two were full on makin' out! I'm talkin'—" Denki passionately tongue kissed the air for emphasis and Kirishima groaned into his hands. "So naturally, I'm shooketh. I trip over one of their shoes, and I fall. I screamed when I fell and Kiri jumped and freaking bit him—"

"I didn't mean to bite him!"

"—and Bakubro yelled and sat up sooo quick and there was blood everywhere and we all started screaming and—"

"Bring this shit up again and I'll really give you somethin' to scream about."

All sober and non-sober eyes fell on the blond standing at the open edge of the table. He wore a loose-fitting V-neck tee under a leather blazer jacket. A chunky wool scarf covered most of his neck whilst tight denim hugged the muscles of his legs. The group chirped a greeting to Bakugou, but Kirishima nearly toppled over the lanky Sero with his arms outstretched like a toddler begging to be picked up. His speech slurred as he sang out, "Katsuki!"

Bakugou caught the redhead by the forearm and braced himself for the rest of the weight that soon followed. Sero groaned as Kirishima clamored over him and slid into the empty dent after he climbed over his lap. Kirishima giggled at Bakugou's scrunched up face. The blond shot a glare at Denki, hissing, "Oi, you yellow-headed fuck, how much did you let him drink?"

"Why you gotta blame me!" Denki argued, the raise in the octave of his voice not making his case go any smoother.

"'Cause 's always fuckin' you!"

"Aww c'mon Ka-Kasuki! I only had two... three? F-Four drinks!" Bakugou's eyes bore into those of the gradually cowering Denki. Case closed. Kirishima still drawled on practically hanging off of Bakugou's sleeve and pressing his head against his torso. "They served me-mimosas too and they were so good, but not as good as—"

"That's it. 'M takin' him home." Denki let out a whine as Bakugou pulled Kirishima out of the booth and wrapped an arm around his waist.

Denki slapped his hand on the table again in protest. "What! But you just got here!"

"I've seen enough."

Denki glanced at Sero with pleading eyes, and Sero rolled his eyes and sighed, leaning back into the cushion of his seat and bringing his own cup near his mouth, his lips ghosting the rim of the glass as he peeked at the blond through tufts of hair that lay flat over his face due to the constraints of his beanie. "Dude, just take him outside real quick and get him some water. The sting of this weather would sober anyone up."

"Tch."

"Ah! Mina! There you are!" Denki beckoned for the pink-haired girl to draw nearer, and she obliged, sauntering over to his side of the booth and stopping just inches away from Bakugou's side, in which the blond pulled the redhead into him possessively. Denki jutted his head at the two. "Could you grab some water for our friend here? He's gone and got himself drunk again."

"Yeah, sure," Mina confirmed, spinning on her heels and heading off towards the bar. Bakugou made sure he had a firm grip on Kirishima before walking him outside, hissing at the rush of cold air that tickled his skin. Kirishima had a more dramatic reaction.

"Ah!" He jumped, "So cold! Are we leaving? Are we going home? Are we going t-to make ouuut?"

"No, idiot."

Kiri pouted. "Y-You don't want to kiss me?"

Bakugou opened his mouth to respond, but cancelled his thoughts when he heard heels clicking in their direction. The frill of a dress skirt peeked out before the rest of Mina's body followed, a glass raised in her left hand. She handed it off to the blond and he muttered her a thanks, pecking the sullen redhead on the side of his mouth whilst bringing the cup to his face. Kirishima laughed, the sound reverberating in the confines of the glass cylinder. "That tickles, Katsuki!"

"Shut up and drink the damn water." Kirishima obliged, taking shallow sips between giggles. Mina folded her arms over her chest as she leaned against the frame of the entrance's doorway.

"You taking him home?"

"Can it, Raccoon Eyes," Bakugou growled, tilting the glass so the redhead would drink faster. Mina frowned.

"What? I can't ask? He's my friend, too, you know."

"Is he your friend? Is he really? 'Cause sometimes it sure doesn't fucking look that way to me."

Mina blinked. "What the hell are you talking about—"

"Does Soy—does Sero know, ha? That you like him?"

"I..." The word came out breathless. Her eyes flicked from the flaming red pits of the blond to Kirishima, whom obliviously and audibly slurped on the water being given to them. The redhead was trying to match the pace of Bakugou's gradually raising hand. Mina felt salty tears sting her eyes and she hastily wiped them away. Her eyes locked on those of Hell itself. "So what if I do, huh? It's not like I'm much of a threat to you; it's not like he'll every feel the goddamn same about me. He likes you! He always had from the first fucking day he met you! Even when you were being an asshole ignoring him and shit he always chased after you as if you were there from the beginning. As if you knew the Eijirou I knew before Yuuei..."

Her hands clenched into fists at her side, her nails digging into the heels of her palms. "He always freaking chose you... It had to be you."

Bakugou gaped at her in stunned silence. Mina held the gaze, her arms trembling, breathing raggedy, and face probably streaked with tears, but her gaze remained unwavering. Only the sound of water splashing onto the ground broke their death lock of a staring contest. Kirishima sputtered a laugh as Bakugou snatched the glass away from his lips, hissing a curse in realization that he managed to hydrate the redhead's clothes instead of the man himself.

"Fuck!" Bakugou's roar was followed with a strangled groan, the heel of his clenched fist digging into the bridge of his nose. The digits of his hand uncurled and raked through his ash blond hair as he looked down at the redhead. "Fuck fuck fuck!"

"Fuck me!" Kiri slurred in reply, "I'm already wet."

"Wet. Right, I—" Bakugou looked to Mina again. HIs hand squeezed close, the other gripping the glass in his hand tighter. It was cold outside. He knew it. A thin haze of breath vaporized in the air, yet he felt hot. He was burning up. He couldn't even breath. When did the air get so thick? It was fucking suffocating him. Why was he even panicking? His eyes went to Kirishima's wet sweater. Right, the sweater. He needed paper towels. Lots of them. He slipped the glass into the redhead's hand and closed his own around Kiri's to lock them into place. "I'm gonna get paper towels."

The blond nearly took Mina's shoulder off as he rushed past, leaving just her and Kirishima outside. Mina released the breath she didn't even know she was holding, and like a blocked sprinkler whose spout had just been clean, she bursted into tears, ugly uncontrollable sobs quaking her being.

"Minaaa!" Kiri sang. "Why are you crying? Is it about that g-guy you like? He sounds like real jerk."

Kirishima pouted ironically and folded his arms over his chest, spilling the remnants of water from the glass. Mina wiped her tear-streaked face and sighed, shuffling towards the redhead and taking the glass from his hand. She fiddled with it, rolling it between her palms as she pressed her back against the cool brick wall beside Kiri.

"I-Is it Hanta? He's always so nice to you, y'know? I think—" He leaned towards her ear and the warmth of his breath tickled her neck. "I think he likes you too."

Mina turned so that she faced him, her head tilted back so she could really look the taller one in the eye. His breath reeked of alcohol, yet she stiff caught a whiff of that woodsy, earthy amber musk of his. It was faint, barely prickling her nose, but still present. He smiled down at her, his eyes clouded and dull, but welcoming nonetheless.

"You idiot..." She sighed, smoothing out the snakes in his vest. "It's not Sero... it's you. It's always been you."

She muttered the last of her sentence as she brought her face closer to his. It was probably a bad idea; stupid, just like her stupid feelings. And selfish, too. Bakugou liked Kirishima. Loved him, even. Kirishima also liked Bakugou. Loved him, even. She, too, liked Kirishima. Loved him, even, but Kirishima would never feel the same way for her. Their chemistry seemed almost too perfect—two best friends coming in from middle school to take on the world of high school. He fought for her and she'd fight for him. In a perfect world, the redhead she longed for would be straight and single.

Kirishima wasn't into girls. Never looked at them with sparkles in his eyes, never lusted for them, and that made him untouchable. Unavailable. But yay Mina for falling head over heels for someone she could never hope to be with. She tried to fall out of love with him. That's where Sero was supposed to come in and sweep her off her feet, right?

Wrong.

It made shit worse. Kirishima never outright rejected her because he didn't even know she liked him. Loved him, even. The duo spent years, their entire high school existence, pushing and plotting for Kiri to get with his Dream Daddy. He had him now—Bakugou Katsuki. Super talented. Ridiculously attractive. Total genius. A Japanese Gordon Ramsay. An explosive attitude that matched that of his quirk, not to mention he could kick ass. The epitome of manliness in Kirishima's eyes.

Kirishima was the blond's personal lap dog. Bakugou had Kirishima's unbreakable loyalty. He had his equally incredible looks, his too-bright smile, his infectious laughter, his tameable-untameable fiery red hair, the quirk Kiri secretly despised for not being flashy enough, the dark roots that grew in when he forgot to dye his hair in a timely matter, his attention—it was all Bakugou's now. Y'know, 'cause they're dating. Mina had no right nor reason to play wingwoman anymore; there was no reason for her to interfere.

Yet, here she was on October 12th at a Latin dance bar stealing a kiss from her (very drunk) best friend. A man that never looked at her with sparkles in his eyes, never lusted for her, and though he was touchable, he was very much so unavailable.

They could never come back from this.

"Mina! You fucking bitch!"

Mina jumped away from the redhead that now stared back at her in drunken horror. Ah, there it was. Rejection. She looked away as Bakugou's tirade was cut short. The wind was knocked out of her when the blond fisted a roll of paper towels to her chest, part of it singed from the heat of his crackling hands. Kiri reached out for the fuming blond as he stormed past, but Bakugou smacked his hand away. Kirishima stumbled forward in an effort to keep up but fell short, slamming back against the brick wall. Still, he reached out and called after him, but the name slipping effortlessly through his lips was interrupted from the bile that raced up his throat and out through his mouth.

He doubled over, coughing and hacking. At some point, Denki had come out, then Sero and Jirou. Bakugou raced from the parking lot on his bike, its engine roaring through the empty street. The paper towel roll disappeared from Mina's hand. Sero shook her, begging to know what happened, but all she could do was stare at the concrete ground in regret and drown out Kirishima's sobs with her own.

They could never come back from this.

_________________________

Notes: Also I've been neglecting myself to write another story :,)))) I'm giving you the one-time right right now to curse me out and tell me to take better care of myself thanks 💕

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

16.2K 957 6
Kirishima is hit by a quirk that leaves him fully aware, but completely unable to move. His friends make it a little bit better. (Note: I originally...
31K 619 17
[Fan fiction] Its summer break and class 1-A just got done with their mission. Some students plan to stay in the dorms over the break, this includes...
2.4K 105 20
straightwashed kiribaku through the eyes of class 1-a aka kirishima and bakugou are not keeping their relationship secret but that's because they're...
1.2M 49K 45
A long, cute fanfic about our favourite bois Kirishima and Bakugou with lust, longing, love and a lot of smut thrown in. All characters are 16+ 2019...