One Dance

By strawdolls

Bakugou just wants to be the top hero. Kirishima just wants to dance. Kirishima and Bakugou had been pining o... More

1| Singled Out
2| Settled
3| Despacito
4| Viral
5| Resolve
A Smol Doodle
6| His Hand
8| Funday
9| Broken
10| A Helping Hand
11| Last Friday Night
12| A Present
13| Heart to Heart
14| Pillow Talk
15| Best Friends Forever
16| Swalla-la-la
17| Fright Fest
18| Killing Time
19| Taste
20| Equilibrium
21| Return
22| Favorites
23| First
24| Lodging: Day One
25| Lodging: Day Two
26| Lodging: Day Three
27| Lodging: Day Four
28| Minutes 'til Midnight
29| Love Like You
Thank You! 💜

7| First Base

2.3K 109 323
By strawdolls

Notes: I like how I declared an angst war on my fave kirishimaunbreakable and then proceeded to write a comedic one-shot about Kaminari.

Yeah I'm gonna lose LMFAOOOOO!

But in the meantime, have this smol doot of Mina I did the other night when I took a break from writing.

Thank you for cumming in my Ted Talk yall.

_______________________

Bakugou had been the one to wake up first, this time not having to experience the pain of wet-dream-induced morning wood. Or in this case, afternoon wood.

It was late in the afternoon, the sun beginning to make a steady decline from its peak in the sky. The blond's head began to ache as his eyes struggled to adjust to the light in the room. Groaning, he covered his eyes with his hand, attempting to stretch his other arm, but something was holding him down.

"Oh, right," the blond mumbled, his eyes falling upon Kiri. The redhead was still sleeping heavily, soft, audible snores escaping his lips. Bakugou could feel the warm puffs of air tickling the skin of his bare chest, and as he tried to slip from under his grip, the redhead only nuzzled closer into his body. Bakugou sighed, but he couldn't stop a smile from creeping onto his face as he gazed down at him. He noticed the trail of hickies he left had since turned a plum purple, a stark contrast against the redhead's tawny skin tone. Bakugou swept back a few strands of bright red hair that had fallen in his face during his slumber and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. "If you're gonna keep me hostage, might as well get my phone..."

The blond reached for his cell phone, which was practically hanging off of his nightstand. He scrolled through some of his notifications and rolled his eyes when he saw Denki and Sero were spamming the group chat late last night.

BakuSquad 💥
Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Pikachu 😒
Alien Qveen, the tea please
11:49PM

Raccoon Eyes 🦝
Aight so boom. They totally almost kissed at the end, but I didn't want them to end up love-making on the dance floor so I had to step in
12:33AM

Soy Sauce 🥢
Expectations? Exceeded
12:34AM

Pikachu 😒
Crops? Watered
12:34AM

Pikachu 😒
I would've let them have at it tho just for shits and giggles no homo
12:34AM

Soy Sauce 🥢
...babe I'm concerned
12:35AM

Raccoon Eyes 🦝
Contacting Pastor Iida as we speak. Anyway they're in their room now. I wonder if they picked up where they left off *smug emoji*
12:35AM

Pikachu 😒
Who dares me to go be nosey?
12:36AM

Soy Sauce 🥢
If you have a death wish then have at it bro
12:36AM

Raccoon Eyes 🦝
LMAO let them rock. Maybe by the grace of Lord Explosion Murder we'll get a pic or something
12:37AM

Pikachu 😒
Lol
12:37AM

Pikachu 😒
Guys... I just realized we discussed this in the wrong chat-
1:32AM

Soy Sauce 🥢
Oof-
1:14PM

Why did I decide to live with idiots, the blond thought, backing out of the group chat. He saw he had a few other texts, some from his parents, Camie, and one from Midoriya. Not interested in anything anyone else had to say, he closed his messaging app and went to Instagram, opening his front camera. Tilting his phone so most of Kirishima's sleeping body and Bakugou's tongue was in the camera's viewfinder, he snapped a photo and sent it in the group chat. Payback.

Tossing his phone aside, the blond relaxed, closing his eyes and tucking his hand underneath his head.

Not even ten minutes later, he could hear doors flying open and feet hastily running towards his bedroom door. A scowl coming onto his face as he opened his eyes, he could feel the palms of his hand begin to burn as two idiots came charging into his room. Sero and Denki stood in the doorway, their mouths gaped open. Denki still had remnants of toothpaste on his face whilst Sero looked like he had just rolled out of bed.

"Get the fuck out," The blond growled at the fuckers.

"Oh. My. GOSH!" Denki screeched while Sero cheered. Bakugou snatched his pillow from underneath himself and chucked it at Denki's head, the pillow hitting Denki in the face with a satisfying thud.

"You're gonna fucking wake him up!" He whispered harshly, gesturing to the redhead. Kirishima stirred in his sleep. Creeping closer towards the bed, the two idiots squealed quietly.

"I thought this was a prank, oh my—can I take a picture?"

"The fuck? No!"

Sero's camera flash went off. "Too late."

"Send it in the group chat," Denki turned to Sero, ignoring the fuming blond.

"Which one?"

"I swear to God I'm going to fucking murder the both of you."

Denki chuckled, "Oh yeah?"

Kirishima stirred again, groaning as he turned with his back to the blond, his arm now free. Noticing this, a sinister grin came onto the the blond's face as he slowly rose all the way up. Denki and Sero smiled back nervously, backing out of the room cautiously. The blond hastily climbed over Kirishima and chased the other two out of the room. The redhead's brows came down into a frown as he let out another groan, the distant explosions and panicked cries for help causing him to awaken from his slumber. Rubbing his eyes, he sat upright, still groggy for being woken up so rudely.

"HELP! HE'S GONNA KILL US!" Denki cried out. It was then Kirishima noticed the blond wasn't in the bed with him anymore and the door was wide open, sounds of struggle and strings of curses being belted out. Getting out of the bed, he located a pair of sweats and a shirt, Kirishima made his way out into the living room, seeing there was a shirtless, pantless blond (not that he minded that), seething with rage at Sero and Denki, who were seemingly tied up with Sero's tape. The blond yanked his end of the tape he had, simultaneously kicking at Denki. Seconds after Kirishima had existed his room, Jirou had just came from around the corner, rubbing an eye as she registered what was going on. Glancing from Kiri, to the other three, then back to the redhead, she smirked.

"I don't know why he's so upset. You two look good together," she propped her elbow on Kirishima's shoulder, poking at his neck. "And judging by these love bites, I'm sure you two feel the same way."

"Ha ha ha!" Kirishima brushed her hand away and immediately pulled the collar of his shirt up to cover not only his neck, but his reddening face too.

"Don't you start too!" Bakugou growled. Jirou shrugged.

"Nah, I'll take these idiots off your hands." Reaching out for the tape, she winked. Bakugou was hesitant at first, glaring at the two boys he would rather toss out the window instead of letting them walk free, but since he had other things to do today, he handed the tape to Jirou, still glaring at Sero and Denki as the punk girl dragged them back towards her room. Bakugou huffed, glancing over at the redhead who seemed to be in his own little world.

"Hey, Red, you okay?"

The redhead jumped. "H-Huh? Oh—" He scratched his head, laughing nervously. "Yeah, I'm cool, bro!"

"Tch, then get back in the room..." Bakugou grumbled as he walked past him. Kirishima's eyes followed his retreating back, noticing all the deep, reddened scratches covering most of his upper back around the middle of his spine. Trailing in after the blond, he closed the door behind him and locked it, a look of concern on his face.

"Hey, Blasty, is your back okay?"

The blond froze, swiveling his head to peep at the redhead behind him, eyes narrowed. "You don't remember doing it?"

"I-I did?" Kirishima stammered. The blond turned his body to him fully, walking back towards him. Kirishima backed up until his back touched the door, Bakugou's thudding feet drawing closer to him. It sent a wave of both excitement and nervousness throughout his body, making him flustered. The blond slammed a hand at the side of Kirishima's face, causing him to jump and let out a small yelp, squeezing his eyes shut as he turned his head away.

A deep chuckle escaped the blond's lips. "It's okay, though..."

Kirishima whimpered at the feeling of a warm, slimy tongue travelling up his neck. The blond created a trail of small kisses up to the redhead's ear, nibbling on the flesh that made his ear lobe as he slid his hand from the door and into the other's mane. Massaging his fingers into his scalp, he abruptly grabbed a clump of hair and yanked it, exposing the other's adam's apple as he let out a hiss. "You'll pay for it later," the blond teased, gripping the redhead's tight behind as he kissed the rest of his neck.

Kirishima bit down on his bottom lip, clawing at the wooden flesh of the door, his knees weakened, trying with all his might to contain the moans that threatened to escape his throat. Bakugou released his tight grip on his hair and let his hand fall to the back of his neck, pecking at the redhead's lips with his own. Kirishima relaxed a bit, smiling into the kiss as his hands went up to grip the blond's strong back. They got a round of soft kisses in before eventually pulling away from each other, Kiri's face a hot flush of pink around his nose and cheeks.

"By the way," Bakugou spoke softly, gazing into the other's eyes. Twirling his hair through his fingers, he continued, "Keep your hair like this... I like grabbin' this shit."

"Y-Yeah, I will."

Bakugou smiled, pecking him on the lips again before pulling away. "Anyway, what do you want to do today since there isn't shit else?"

"Oh oh! Can we watch—"

"We're not watching that shit."

"—Ouran's High School Host Club again?"

"Fuck no."

The redhead pouted. "Aww, why not?"

"That shit is stupid, and you keep crying at the ending even though you've seen it a dozen fucking times."

"Hey! It's two dozen, and you laughed when you saw it! It's the manliest romcom I know!"

"I said fuckin' no."

Here it comes, the blond's brain warned. Kirishima's brows fell and his pout deepened, his eyes glistening over...

Kirishima used: Puppy Eyes!
It was super effective!

Bakugou had no counter attack.

Bakugou has chosen to give in!

"Fuckin' fine, Red. We'll watch the stupid show." Kiri's puppy eyes morphed into a ecstatic grin. The redhead cheered and bounded away from the support of the door to fetch his laptop from his night table. He jumped on his bed and hunched over his computer, his face illuminated by the device's bright screen. He ran a tongue across his bottom lip while, on the other side of the room, Bakugou dressed in something warm and comfortable before climbing onto the bed after him.

They shifted around in the bed until Bakugou's back rested against the headboard while the redhead leaned into him, the laptop propped on the top of his thighs. "So what are we anyway? Boyfriends?"

Unexpected. "No, considering you couldn't ask me out yourself, wimp."

"Hey! I'm no wimp! I'm perfectly capable of asking you out on my own."

"Tch, 's too late now."

"No it isn't!" Kirishima growled, barely able to match gazes with the blond through his bangs. "Go out with me!"

"Can't. 'M taken."

"What do you mean you're—oh."

The blond snickered. "You're too dense... Now we're boyfriends."

Kiri blew a raspberry at the statement, and a brief moment of silence followed before the sappy theme song resonated from the speakers of the laptop. The first time they watched the show together had been an accident. It was second year, around the time the idiot got himself sick when he failed to cook his chicken all the way through. Their rooms were right next to each other back at UA, and despite the school's budget, he was able to hear the crappy music and jokes and the redhead's laughter through the wall. Bakugou didn't know he was sick at the time, so when the blond kicked in the door to give him a piece of his mind, he was met with a sickly Kirishima clutching a bin to his stomach.

On the days he had off to recover, it was all he wanted to freaking watch. Fuck Bakugou bringing him the work he missed and attempting to teach him right? He failed his quiz the first week he got back.

But, now...

Now he supposed this was better, being able to cuddle while watching the stupid show rather than having to hold an emergency bucket the entire time he was around the redhead. Or having to monitor his fevers. Or cleaning up his puke when he woke up and—you know what? Fuck that gross shit.

"Why do you like this shit so much anyway? You got a crush on one of the characters or somethin'?"

Kiri hummed. "Well, no... It's just really funny."

"I bet it's the twins."

"What? No it's not!"

They were halfway through the series on some weird Alice in Wonderland crossover. Some time throughout their binge, the laptop migrated to the end of the bed with the blond sandwiched on top of the redhead underneath the covers. They argued over whether or not Kirishima had a man-crush on the twins—he admitted he did later—and as the episode they just finished transitioned to its end credits, Bakugou nudged the other. "Oi, what time is it?"

Kirishima peeped the time. "Like, five-ish."

"Fuckin' five? What the fuck?"

"I thought you knew," Kirishima wiggled from beneath him, craning his neck enough to catch a glimpse of the blond. He smirked. "You were totally into it, weren't you?"

"Shut the fuck up," hissed the blond. "I wanted to go to the supermarket before the traffic got fucked up."

"Five isn't a bad time to go."

The laptop closed with a smack, and Kirishima wrestled with the covers until his skin was attacked by a cool flush of air. He suggested they go out now before it got too dark, and the blond agreed. Sero and Denki were playing Minecraft in the living room when the two exited the dark cavern that was their bedroom. Upon the sound of the door clicking close, Denki flipped his head over the back of the couch. "Yo? Finally coming back from your honeymoon, my dudes?"

"Only 'cause we're gonna buy groceries!" Kiri answered before Bakugou could get an insult in. "You wanna come? It is your car, after all."

"Duh, it's my car. And of course I'm going!" Denki tossed his controller aside, hitting his knee against Sero's as he queried, "You coming too?"

"Nah, I'm gonna see if Mina shows up any time soon. I haven't seen her all day."

"What?" The other three said in unison. Sero sighed.

"I don't know if you guys noticed, but she's been acting really..." He hummed, thumbing his chin. "Strange, I guess? She's been really distant and I dunno if I did somethin' wrong or somethin'."

"Just ask, you moron."

"Bakugou!"

The blond kissed his teeth. "I bet you only texted her instead of callin', ha? I'd distance myself from your plain face ass too if you couldn't talk to me like a real man when somethin' 's obviously bothering me. Now if you excuse us, there's pork on sale today. Denki! Move your ass!"

"Movin'!" Denki sprung up from the couch, sprinting towards the genkan to slip on his shoes dragging Kirishima closely behind. As soon as he got the redhead in the hallway, he jetted back for the troublesome blond. "Elevator! Now!"

"Bakugou, why?"

"Why what? Was I wrong?"

"Well—" Denki glanced at Kirishima." No, but did you have to be such a you about it?"

The blond's eye twitched. "What's that supposed to mean? It pisses me off when two people communicate in such a shitty ass way."

"Hmm, this situation sounds familiar, does it not?" Denki jeered, jabbing an accusatory finger at the pair standing on the opposite side of the elevator cart. "Pretty sure you two made obvious passes at each other for three whole years only for the cat got let out of the bag by a certain someone's tireless efforts to get you two together in the first place."

Ding.

The elevator doors slid open on the parking lot floor, and Denki was the first to step out, arms crossed over his chest. "By the way, can one of you drive? I've suddenly forgotten how."

A decision between the two didn't have to be made; Denki had already fished out his keys and passed them onto Bakugou. The silence—aside from the pitter-patter of shoes against concrete—was deafening. Bakugou didn't have a retort, and Kirishima didn't have a light hearted quip to ease the tension. Even the music they played failed to lighten the mood. Kirishima didn't dance, Denki didn't sing, and as a result of the aforementioned, Bakugou didn't have any creative insults to hurl.

The gears were turning.

Bakugou wasn't entirely wrong about what he said, no, but it made him a hypocrite in a way. There were gaps in their years at UA when the blond hardly ever talked to Kirishima. Sometimes it was for no reason at all—he'd just close himself off from everyone without warning. Mina always played advocate for Kiri's feelings when the redhead couldn't speak for himself, and though maybe his attraction for him was a bit obvious, he refused to believe the feelings were mutual until she stepped in yet again. And what did they do? Immediately cut her out the picture like they always had.

Her efforts were tireless, almost obsessive. When the rest of their friends had long since given up and resorted to relentless teasing, she remained aggressively optimistic. Respectively, as her self-proclaimed 'friends', it was also their job communicate with her, too, if one of them could not.

Kirishima rolled the paper receipt between his fingers. The jug of milk was cold to his lap. The sky was an inky black with sheer streams of clouds drifting across the vast scene. The stars were barely visible at the time, not that they'd be able to see much of it from the smog of car exhausts and the buildings. Mina was out there, somewhere, in one of those buildings, though there weren't many places for her to run to. The girl tended to avoid running to her parents house, for they're just as nosy and prying as she is, naturally. She didn't have patrol today—the crew collectively agreed that the weekends would be their secured free time...

Mina liked to dance on her free time.

The studio! Of course she'd be there if nowhere else. They were only a couple of blocks away from it. Kirishima peered at the blond in the rearview mirror. "Can you drop me off at the gym?"

Bakugou grunted. No question needed. The receipt crinkled again. Kirishima slipped his phone out of his pocket. It was only respectful to notify Sero, that is if he wasn't pissed at their quick exit after Bakugou's remark. The car rolled to a stop alongside the side of the building, and Kirishima mumbled some parting statement that probably went unheard before closing the door to the compact and opening that of the gym. He checked in with the receptionist, headed upstairs, and surely in the first studio offset from the rest of the gym was a lit dance studio room. Through the window, Mina sat leaned against the wall, legs tangled together, shoes off. Shoddy lo-fi beats drummed its way into his ears upon opening the door. Mina herself was too occupied with her phone to notice him walking towards her until he plopped down beside her and crossed his legs. He smiled at her when her amber eyes met his, but she didn't return the expression, instead looking past him as if someone was supposed to be trailing behind him.

"I'm surprised you didn't bring your boyfriend," groused Mina.

"I would've brung yours, but apparently somethin' 's going on with the two of you?"

Mina half shrugged, irises fixated on her phone again. "Somethin'."

"Mind filling me in?"

"Should I?"

Something was definitely bothering her if she chose to act so evasive, and that something had to be big if she couldn't outright express it in her abrasive, loud, and outgoing Mina way. Kirishima sighed, plucking at the faux fur lining his crocs. Probably not the best choice, given the cooler temperatures only fall could bring, but they were the first thing he could slip into since Denki basically boosted him out of the apartment. Mina's right hand fell like dead weight into her lap. "Did you make things official, or did all my efforts go to waste?"

"No, we did, but don't try to change the subject on me—"

"Did you kiss?"

"Mina—"

"Sex? I hope it was protected."

"Mina!"

Kirishima startled himself. The song had ended, a brief moment of silence amplifying the bass in his voice. He swallowed. Mina was staring at him again, unfazed. He refused to break the gaze. "Why does it matter so much to you?"

She averted her gaze. "'Cause I wanna see you happy, of course... but I'm not."

"Why not?"

"Because, I..."

An empty sigh. The screen of her phone lit up as she lifted it to her face. The song playing was cut abruptly, quickly replaced by one with a lighter melody. "Remember the time we snuck out to crash that college party? All the pictures we took? I was looking at those before you got here."

"Gosh, you still have those? Ugh, I hated how my hair fell flat before the party even ended..."

Mina huffed a laugh. "And you had to use my thigh high sock as a bandana."

"Yeah, your weird, neon pink that totally didn't go with my orange jacket."

She fiddled with the phone in her hand, eyes vacant and casted downwards, a small smile played on her lips. "We were lucky Iida caught us sneaking back in and not Aizawa-sensei."

"We would've gotten expelled."

The two shared a snicker at the reckless memory. The tone of the music took on a more somber tone, rugged pops and subtle crackles filling the ambience. Mina sighed again, though this one was more whimsical than the one prior. "I wish we had more nights like that.... Sero's usually isn't down for that stuff, and you're always so preoccupied with—well, now he's your boyfriend, so I can say that anymore. But these days, only time I get to have you to myself is here in this little studio situation, and even that's going to become a thing with him too now, isn't it?"

Kirishima straightened his back, his eyes lit up as an imaginary light bulb popped up over his head. "Ohhh, so it's not about Hanta! It's about Bakugou!"

"Ha?" Mina blinked.

"You feel like you're third wheelin', yeah? That's what you said me and him were doing to you and Hanta and Denki and Kyouka!" The redhead shook his head, chuckling. "Just because Bakugou and I started dating like, two seconds ago doesn't mean 'm gonna start having him around us all the time, silly. It was a one time thing; I just wanted him to get a glimpse at what Latin dance is about since you suggested we go to that bar in Roppongi. 'S not gonna be a regular thing, Mina, I wouldn't do that to you."

A softly closed fist tapped the skin of her thigh as he said, "And besides, he may be best bro, but you'll always be my best friend, too. That'll never change."

Mina stared at him in blatant disbelief, her eyes a dark, unreadable void surrounding scrutinizing amber orbs. Her lips fixed into an 'o' shape as if she was about to speak, but whatever she was about to say was cut off by the violent buzzing and chirping coming from Kirishima's left pocket. The redhead gasped, pulling the aggressive device out.

Chargebrolt
hi just letting you know I'm no longer made at you
7:12PM

Chargebrolt
shit i meant mad*
7:12PM

Chargebrolt
your precious bakubabe made katsudonnn hnghhhskskfsk
7:12PM

The flashlight on his phone flickered as Denki spammed him with a bunch of pointless emojis, but Bakugou's text cut in somewhere in between.

🧡 Blasty McBabe ❤️
hurry the fuck up and come get your annoying ass friend
7:13PM

"We should go," Kiri grinned at the screen before sharing that same face with Mina. "Katsudon awaits us!"

"Yeah..."

The redhead waited for Mina to shut things down before taking the short trip back to their apartment. The rest of the evening serviced Chef Bakugou's katsudon, obnoxiously loud music, and unholy amounts of alcohol. By the time midnight rolled around, the kitchen and living room were a hot mess. Sero, Denki, and Jirou crashed the couch, and Mina claimed the floor beneath them after shutting down just before she could muster up the energy to clamor onto the couch with them. Kirishima carried a handsy blond off to bed, and following a rather belligerent hour-long marathon of sloppy kissing and biting, they too became victims of inevitable slumber.

_______________________

Notes: The gag is, I actually have an angsty multiship fic in the works but I haven't even finished the first chapter and I ain't posting it until we get through this one so...

kirishimaunbreakable lovie if you're reading this, can we postpone-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 105 20
straightwashed kiribaku through the eyes of class 1-a aka kirishima and bakugou are not keeping their relationship secret but that's because they're...
6.7K 240 14
Bakugo and Kirishima, two best friends, two powerful heroes, have two common goals. One goal is to become a champion mankind will remember. The other...
198K 8K 16
Bakugou is new to this huge school, trying to find friends and ending up having a crush on Kirishima.
42.3K 1.3K 17
ProHero Dynamight was too old for school crushes. In his years studying, he never really looked away from his goal to be the number one hero in the...