Terror Twins

By Luna_Uchiha1

Meet Nikolai Mikaelson twin brother of the infamous Niklaus Mikealson. What happens when he comes to mystic f... More

Teaser

Chapter 1

2.4K 62 25
By Luna_Uchiha1

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon poured himself a drink in the living room when his phone ringed. "You're interrupting my drink."

"You miss me?" A teasing feminine voice said.

"Katherine. Where are you?"

"Lurking outside your window, pining away."

"What do you want?"

"I'm homesick. What have I missed?"

"Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner, and Elena still thinks she can save him and no one's thought about you since you left."

"And what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend."

"I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is."

"Hmm."

"But you do. Are you trailing them?"

"A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away."

"Which means you know exactly where they are."

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers."

"How do you know that?"

"Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you."

"Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted."

"Where are they?"

Katherine ignored his question. "There's something you should know."

"What is it?" He groaned.

"There's someone you need to be careful of if you're coming to see Stefan."

"And who is this mystery person?"

"It's Klaus' brother."

"He has another one?!"

"Hm. five brothers including Elijah."

"And which one is this one?"

"His twin. Nikolai Mikelson."

"WHAT?!"

.

.

Chicago

Klaus and Stefan got out of a car.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus said cheerfully.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan said.

"I know how much you loved it here — bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend."

.

Flashback - Chicago  1920

"Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus narrated.

Stefan was in a car making out with a girl, but then he drank her blood and killed her. He got out of the car, removed the blood from his lips, and walked down the street. He entered a bar and patted the doorman on the shoulder as he passed. The owner of the bar who is on stage singing saw him.

"Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?" The owner said as she looked at Stefan.

"Save me a dance, Gloria?"

Stefan was about to grab a glass of champagne, but a lady took it before he could.

"Ooh. Please, help yourself." Stefan said sarcastically.

"Oh, I always do." The woman said bluntly as She got closer, licked his lips and whispered in his ear. She showed her vampire face. "Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely." The woman said. She was about to leave, but he grabbed her by the arm.

"No, no, no. Who are you?" Stefan said.

She put her first finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet and walked away.

.

Chicago - Present Day

"Chicago was magical." Klaus said.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan said.

"Going to get down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun; your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her. although there is someone else who can help."

Stefan raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

Klaus smirked and started dialing a number. "It's me. I need your help."

A dark chuckle sounded from the other side of the line. "What can I help you with twin?"

Stefan's eyes widened in fear as Klaus smirked as he saw Stefan's expression.

"I need to know why my hybrids are dying."

"Hm, I see. Where are you?"

"I'm in Chicago."

"What a coincidence so am I."

Klaus smirked. "We'll be at Gloria's. You remember where it is?"

"Of course. See you soon twin."

.

Cellar

Caroline was still tied to a chair. She struggled with the hand restraints, but they didn't loosen. She heard a noise and looked towards the source. Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar man. "Daddy, are you there? Why won't you talk to me? Dad!"

Smoke entered the cellar through vents. Bill opened the door and entered. "Shhh. I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"Dad..."

"I need an answer. How do you walk in the sunlight?"

"Just let me go."

"Sweetheart, please, just answer me. Then we'll get on with it."

"Is that all you want to know?"

"That's all I want to know."

She looked down at her ring. Bell followed her gaze. "Interesting." He said and took off the ring.

"No, dad, no! What are you..."

Bill tossed the ring on the floor.

"What are you doing? What are you doing?"

"Your ancestors built this place. People figured it was for unruly prisoners at the jailhouse, but...They had something else in mind. Vervain in the ventilation system to keep their subject weak. Reinforced steel containment chair."

He exited the cellar.

"What are you doing?" She said panicking at his strange behavior.

Bill came back with a blood bag and put it in front of her. Veins appeared under Caroline's eyes. He took the blood bag back.

"Blood controls you, sweetheart. This is how I'm going to fix you."

"What?"

Bill pulled on a chain, rotating slats on the window above and behind her which bathe Caroline in sunlight. Caroline screamed in agony and started burning.

.

Damon's Car

Damon and Elena were driving on a highway to Chicago.

"I sure hope we find him because it would suck if the last memento of Stefan was that crappy old necklace." Damon said.

Elena touched her vervain necklace. "It's an antique, Damon. Like you."

Damon took an old diary from the back of the car. "Read this. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago."

"It's Stefan's diary. I'm not going to invade his private thoughts." Elena said.

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see."

"I've seen Stefan in his darkest periods. I can handle it."

Damon opened the diary and placed it in front of the steering wheel. "Here's one. March 12, 1922." He started reading, changing his voice. "I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers' blood. In places, I don't recognize. With women, I don't remember." Damon looked at Elena. "Ahh! I'm shocked! Stefan's not a virgin?" Damon exclaimed.

Elena took the diary from his hands. "Eyes on the road, grandma."

"Fine. Back to my game. Tell me if you see a Florida plate."

Elena opened the journal and read a page.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

In the bar, Gloria was singing another song. A waiter was pouring champagne on a champagne tower. Rebekah was dancing with a man but was looking at Stefan who was at the bar, drinking with his friends. She stopped dancing and joined Stefan and his friends.

"Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you." Rebekah said.

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?" Stefan said sarcastically.

Stefan's friends laughed. Rebekah touched his face. "It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me." She was about to leave when she was interrupted.

"Ahem. Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it." Rebekah said and went back to the dance-floor and continued dancing with the man.

.

Gloria's Bar - Present Day

Klaus and Stefan entered the bar. It was dim, quiet, and empty.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus said knowingly.

"I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." Gloria said.

Klaus smiled as he saw her. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." Gloria said. She looked at Stefan. "I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus said.

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"

"Yeah, sure thing." Stefan said and walked towards to the bar. Klaus looked at Gloria.

"You look ravishing, by the way." Klaus said.

"Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels."

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse."

Stefan started using his super-hearing to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Obviously, you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it."

"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead."

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me, Rebekah."

Stefan noticed a photo on the wall and pulled it off to look at it.

"Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied."

"She has what I need. Bring her to me."

Stefan looked up from the photo. "What is this?"

"Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."

"But this is me, with you."

He showed Klaus the picture. It was a picture of Stefan with his arm around Klaus's shoulders in the 1920s.

.

Forbes Residence

"Caroline! It's mom. Just coming up for air after a few all-nighters at the station. I thought we'd have lunch and you could remind me I promised not to work so hard." Liz said as she left a voice message for Caroline.

Tyler knocked on the door.

.

Cellar

The window slat open again to let in the sun. Caroline again started burning in the sun and started crying. "No! Please! Stop! Please stop! Please!"

Bill released the chain, closing the slats and the cellar went dim.

"I don't hurt anyone, I swear. Dad, I swear. I can handle the urges. I can!"

"If you could handle it, this wouldn't happen."

He put a blood bag in front of her. Veins appeared under her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"I'm conditioning you to associate vampirism with pain; in time, the thought of human blood will make you repress your vampire instincts completely."

"That's impossible. Daddy, you can't change who I am."

"Yes, I can."

"No."

"You remember this feeling?"

"No! No! No! No, no!"

Bill pulled on the chain again to let in the sun. Her skin burned and she screamed.

.

Apartment In Chicago

Elena and Damon were walking along the hall in an apartment building.

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago, and he chose this?" Elena said as she looked around.

"There used to be an all-girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird." Damon said.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work."

Damon put his index finger to his lips in a motion to keep quiet. "Shh."

He broke the lock and opened the door. "Here we are — Stefan's second personality home."

They entered the room and started looking around.

"He obviously hasn't been here." Elena said.

"Tour is not over yet." Damon said and went towards a wall shelf panel next to the refrigerator. He put his hand to the edge of the panel and pulled. The panel swiveled open to reveal a dark back room. Damon motioned to it and walked inside. He pulled a light cord. The light revealed a lot of alcohol on shelves against the back wall.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster." Elena said sarcastically.

"Look harder." Damon motioned.

Elena got closer and saw a list of names, starting with Giuseppe Salvatore, John Beach, Randy Smith, Danah Leach, Terrilyn Henson, Catherine Marid, Matthew Wagner, Michael Reddinton, Christian David, Dianne Wagner, Ashley Holliday. "It's a list of names."

"Mm-hmm."

"These are all of his victims?"

The names were written in three columns and were about a hundred in number.

"Still handling it?"

Elena seemed momentarily shocked and turned around. "What were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?"

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own."

Elena looked at him disgusted. "Where are you going?"

"His old stomping ground."

"I'm coming with you."

"No. You stay here and whip up an actual plan. I'll come back when I find him." Damon said as he left Elena alone.

.

Outside Gloria's Bar

"It's good to see you again Niklaus." The man with dirty blonde said while smirking at Klaus and Stefan.

Klaus smirked. "Same to you Nikolai."

Nikolai smirked mischievously. "How can I help you today?"

"We have been at Gloria's bar recently."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Gloria told me she needs her help."

Nikolai raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

Klaus frowned. "She has what she needs."

"Hm. You want me to search for the reason as well because you don't trust that witch."

"You know me so well."

"Of course I do, I am your other half after all."

"Now shall we wake our dearest sister?"

"Hm..." Nikolai narrowed his eyes at the nervous brunette and smirked. "Interesting. Why are you nervous Salvatore?"

"No reason." Stefan said nervously.

Nikolai smirked. "Is that so?"

Stefan nodded.

Nikolai looked at Klaus from the corner of his eyes. He knows why.

Klaus narrowed his eyes slightly. Are you sure?

Nikolai raised an eyebrow. Do you doubt me?

Klaus smirked. Never

Nikolai smirked. Want to see him squirm brother?

Klaus smirked at the idea. Nikolai took that as a 'yes'.

"Let's go and wake our sister dearest shall we gentlemen?" Nikolai said.

.

Warehouse

Stefan, Klaus, and Nikolai walked towards where Klaus has put the coffins. Stefan was still holding the photo.

"This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?" Stefan said as he looked at Klaus.

"You said it yourself, that time had a lot of dark holes."

Nikolai smirked.

"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan said.

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait."

"What the hell is going on? Answer me." Stefan demanded.

Klaus sighed and looked at Nikolai who was amused at the whole situation.

"Your choice brother." Nikolai said.

Klaus sighed and looked at Stefan. "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you."

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

Stefan was drinking blood from a woman. Rebekah joined in on the other side of her neck. Rebekah and Stefan kissed. Stefan's eyes caught her necklace.

"It's beautiful." Stefan said as he looked at the necklace.

"A witch gave it to me. Supposedly it's magical." Rebekah said.

"And is it?"

"It brought me love, didn't it?"

Klaus interrupted their romantic moment and tugged at Rebekah's arm. "It's late, Rebekah, we're leaving."

"Get off of me!" Rebekah exclaimed.

Stefan quickly got up. "Who is this guy?"

"Stefan, don't. He'll kill you. He's a lot stronger than he looks."

Stefan stood behind Rebekah and had his left hand protectively on her shoulder.

Klaus looked at the brunette with an amused expression. "So this is the famous Stefan Salvatore. I've been hearing so much about. You're right; he does have funny hair. I'm bored. I want to go."

"Then go without me, I'm not your girlfriend." Rebekah said.

Klaus pulled her to him, and both faced Stefan. "No, you're my sister, which means...You have to do as I say."

.

Chicago - Present Day

"Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire." Stefan said.

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus said and walked over to a number of coffins which contained their siblings. Klaus opened the lid, and Rebekah was lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiled and gently touched her face.

"I don't recognize her." Stefan frowned.

"Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine. Although not his." Klaus said as he looked at Nikolai. He pulled the dagger out of her chest. "Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah."

Rebekah still lay there dead. He looked at Stefan. "She's being dramatic."

"Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?"

"Well, you have many useful talents."

"Do I?"

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you."

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

Klaus was sitting in the bar on one side of a table with Stefan and Rebekah on the other. "So Stefan, enlighten me. What makes you worthy of an Original like my sister? She's pure vampire, and you're no more than a diluted bloodline."

"Don't listen to him, Stefan. Nik's an elitist." Rebekah said.

"Hmm. And where's the rest of your family?" Stefan said.

"Well, let's see. Um...I killed most of them."

"But not all." Rebekah added.

"And you're okay with that?" Stefan said.

"Well, we all had the chance to choose a side. I chose the right one, eventually." She touched Klaus's hand.

A man stopped by their table. "Where the hell's my wife?!"

"I don't know. I give up." Stefan said and raised his arms in surrender.

"You think you're so tough? Hiding in your bar, drinking your liquor? A telephone call to Chicago P.D. might set you straight." The man said.

"Ooh!"

Klaus and Rebekah laughed.

Stefan called a woman. "Lila? Lila, please. Come here for a second."

"Oh, thank God. Come on; we're leaving." The man started to leave with his wife, but Stefan reached his arm out to stop him.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. No. You're sitting." Stefan compelled the man.

The man sat down next to Klaus and Lila next to Stefan. Stefan took off her glove and took a penknife from his jacket pocket.

"Stefan, don't be mean." Rebekah said.

"What the hell are you doing?" The man said.

Klaus looked at Stefan with an intrigued expression. Stefan cut Lila's wrist, and the blood poured into a champagne glass. Klaus and Rebekah smiled.

"Thank you so much, Lila. Why don't you go and bandage that up?" Stefan said.

Lila got up and left. Stefan compelled the man. "I'd like you to join me for a drink." He said as he gave the man the glass containing the blood of his wife.

"What kind of sick freaks are you?" The man said.

"I said, drink!" Stefan said.

The man shakily raised the glass to his lips and took a sip of his wife's blood and coughed.

"I didn't catch your name." Stefan said.

"Go to hell." The man spat.

Klaus laughed.

"Do you want another sip?" Stefan said.

"Liam. Liam Grant." The man said nervously.

"Liam Grant! Have another sip, Liam."

Klaus clinked his champagne glass on Liam's glass. Liam shakily rose the glass.

"Finish it." Stefan said. Liam swallowed all the blood in one gulp, and Klaus laughed.

.

Chicago - Present Day

"I was your number one fan." Klaus said.

"Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan said.

Klaus stopped in front of a guardsman. "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die."

The guardsman nodded.

"Where are you two going?" Stefan said as he looked at the twins.

"You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets, and now I'm going to prove it to you." Klaus said

"How?" Stefan said.

"We're going to your old apartment."

.

Gloria's Bar

Damon entered the bar which was now open and full of customers. Gloria saw him from behind the counter.

"Well, look what the wind blew in. Last I heard, you hated this place." Gloria said.

"Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around." Damon said.

"I always did like you better. But I see your brother is still running in the wrong crowd."

"You've seen him?"

"With Klaus. Bad combo."

"You know where they went?"

"They'll be back here later tonight. They're out running a little errand for me."

"Gloria..."

She pushed a glass of alcohol towards him across the counter. Damon touched her hand.

"Don't be a tease. What kind of errand??

Gloria removed her hand from his. "I don't think so. You may be cute, but you're still a vampire."

.

Stefan's Old Apartment

Elena was reading Stefan's diary on his bed.

April 1922. Lexi found me last night. Dragged me off the train tracks. Thinks she can make me care again.

Elena turned the page.

June 1924. Lexi's driving me crazy. More animal blood, more misery.

She turned the page again.

1935. Cravings are there, but it's easier. Lexi's on to her next project: getting me to laugh.

Elena jumped when she heard Klaus, Nikolai, and Stefan coming. Nikolai saw that the lock had been broken. He kicked the door, and they entered.

"What a charming little homestead." Klaus said.

"Do you feel that? Is anybody here?" Nikolai said as he narrowed his eyes.

Elena gulped nervously while hiding in the hidden room.

"It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time. Why'd you bring me here?" Stefan said.

Something's wrong here. Nikolai narrowed his eyes around the room.

"Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood...I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual." Klaus said.

Elena looked at the list and saw Liam Grant's name.

"To write it down." Stefan said

"And relive the kill...over and over again." Klaus said as he opened the hidden door. "You believe me now?"

Stefan entered the closet to see the list. He turned his head and was surprised to see Elena. She looked at him, with hope. Stefan stood motionless looking at her. Klaus walked back into the apartment.

"Look what I found." Stefan said

Nikolai and Klaus looked towards Stefan.

Elena looked at him with a scared expression, but Stefan took a bottle and gave it to Klaus. Elena looked relieved.

"1918. Single malt." Stefan said

Stefan stood in the doorway of the secret room.

"My favorite. Let's go and find someone to pair it with."

"Wait." Nikolai said.

Klaus looked at his brother who had a serious expression. "What is it, brother?"

Elena's eyes widened.

"Someone's here."

Stefan looked nervous.

Klaus narrowed his eyes. "Where?"

Nikolai looked towards the cellar.

Stefan sweated as he felt his eyes burning a hole in him.

"There."

"I checked there's no one. Stefan said nervously.

"Hm," Nikolai smirked. "Is that so Salvatore? I'll just check myself."

"No no it's fine."

Nikolai narrowed his eyes. "Are you hiding something or someone Salvatore?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes. "Stefan?"

"No."

"Interesting." Nikolai smirked. "Let's go Nick."

"Of course Nikolai." Klaus said as he followed his twin out of the apartment.

When Stefan was sure, the twins were gone he sighed in relief and closed the door.

Later, Elena who was hiding behind a wall with a vervain dart in her hand. Heard someone coming but it was Damon.

"Finally! I called you an hour ago!" Elena said

Damon tossed her a bag. "Make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan's going to be tonight." Damon said as she sat down.

"I told you that Klaus and his brother practically discovered me and you're worried about what I'm wearing?"

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, good. Get dressed. You're all road-trippy and gross. Wait did you say his brother?"

"Yeah."

"So he's here huh?"

Elena frowned. "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing."

"So you know where Stefan's going to be?"

"Yes, with Klaus and his twin who you just mentioned. So I'll distract them, and you deal with Stefan."

"Okay. Thank you."

"But you're going to have about five minutes or less before those two freaks rip my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this." Damon pleaded.

"I can do this."

.

Gloria's Bar

Klaus, Nikolai and Stefan sat at Gloria's bar. Gloria gave them three beers.

"Where's Rebekah?" Gloria said.

"She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand." Klaus said.

"I didn't know you were coming, Nikolai." Gloria said nervously.

"Is there a problem witch?" Nikolai narrowed his eyes at the nervous witch.

Gloria gulped nervously. "Not at all."

"Hmm."

"What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground." Klaus said as he looked at Stefan.

"So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?" Stefan said.

"Well, that's certainly half of it."

"What's the other half?"

Klaus started pouring alcohol into two shot glasses. "The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman." He said as he slid one of the shot glasses to Stefan along the counter.

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

Klaus and Stefan were at the counter drinking.

"They're jealous. Your family wants you dead because they can never be what you are." Stefan said.

"What? An abomination?" Klaus said depressingly.

"No. A King."

Klaus smiled while Stefan laughed.

"Look at us — two sad orphans." Klaus said.

They looked over and saw Rebekah staring at them from a distance.

"My sister fancies you, you know." Klaus said.

"Mmm!" Stefan said

"But...I should warn you, Rebekah doesn't do anything half-speed, and that includes falling in love. So just be careful. She's totally mad."

They laughed.

"I appreciate the advice." Stefan said.

"And when the point comes where she inevitably leaves you...She can't help it; it's just who she is. Don't let your heart do anything stupid."

"You know what, you're a good friend, Nik. I'm glad I met you." Stefan said as he held up his shot glass in cheers.

.

Gloria's Bar - Present Day

Klaus raised his shot of tequila. "To friendship."

Stefan clinked his shot glass.

.

Cellar

The cellar was dark. Caroline who was still sitting in the chair had burns marks on her skin, and her head was bowed. Bill was sitting against a wall.

"I want you to know when Carol Lockwood called and told me about you...I sat down and cried." Bill said as he looked at Caroline.

"Dad, I'm okay. I've learned to adapt. I don't need to be fixed. I can't be fixed." Caroline said hoarsely.

Bill stood up and walked to her. "I've always taught you to try your best. I need you to try your best now." He crouched down next to her and put a blood bag in front of her. She didn't vamp out. "There, see? You're doing it."

Caroline raised her head with tears in her eyes. She didn't look at him. "I can't."

"Yes, you can. Fight the urge." Bill said.

"Daddy, I'm starving."

"I know you are, Care. Try."

"Why? You know that this isn't going to work."

"It has to work. It's the only option."

"Why are you trying to fix me?"

"So I don't have to kill you!"

Caroline turned her head to face him, and veins appeared under her eyes. "Daddy, I'm sorry."

Bill raised his head. "The sun's gone down. We'll try again tomorrow." He patted her head and exited the room. He closed and bolted the door. He heard a gun being cocked and looked up, and saw Liz standing at the top of the stairs above him, pointing a gun down at him.

"Hello, Bill." Liz said.

"Put the gun down, Liz. I know what I'm doing."

"That's our daughter in there. She looks up to you. She loves you."

Caroline could hear them talking with her super hearing.

"Then she'll trust me to do the right thing. Let me do this, Liz. Not because she's a monster. But because we love her." Bill said.

"Tyler."Liz said.

Tyler walked in behind Liz and went down the stairs.

"You're not going in there." Bill said.

Liz shot next to him. Tyler and Bill stopped in their tracks.

"Go ahead." Liz said.

Tyler started walking again and opened the door and entered the cellar.

"Tyler." Caroline said with a hoarse voice.

Tyler rushed towards her and broke the chains with his hands.

"It's okay. We're going to get you out of here." Tyler said.

"My ring." Caroline motioned where her ring was.

Tyler took it and placed it on her finger. He carried her out.

.

Gloria's Bar

"So I'm confused. If we were such great friends, then why do I only know you as the hybrid dick who sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar of fire? Huh?" Stefan said as he looked at Klaus.

Nikolai chuckled.

"All good things must come to an end." Klaus said somberly.

.

Flahback - Chicago 1920

Stefan and Rebekah were dancing. Klaus looked at them with a smile from his table. Suddenly he sensed something and looked around. A moment later bullets started flying all through the room. Rebekah and Stefan crouched down and hid behind the bar. Stefan took one of the bullets from the ground.

"They're using wooden bullets. They know." Stefan said worriedly.

"That means he's here." Rebekah said with a scared expression.

"Who? Who's here?" Stefan said.

Klaus walked briskly over to the counter. "Rebekah! Come on; we've got to go, sweetheart."

Rebekah got up, and Klaus grabbed her.

"What the hell is going on?" Stefan asked.

"Stefan!" Rebekah shouted.

"Go!" Klaus shouted.

Stefan noticed Rebekah's necklace lying on the floor. Stefan was about to crouch down and take it when Klaus interrupted him. "Stefan. I'm sorry, but the fun has to end here."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan said as he looked at Klaus with a confused expression.

"You must forget Rebekah and me. Until I say otherwise, you never knew us, Stefan. Thank you. I had forgotten what it was like to have a brother." Klaus compelled him before he disappeared.

.

Gloria's Bar - Present Day

"You compelled me to forget?" Stefan said.

"It was time for Rebekah and I to move on. Better to have a clean slate." Klaus said as he drained his glass.

"But why? You shouldn't have to cover your tracks...unless you're running from someone."

"Storytime's over." Nikolai said.

Stefan turned his head and saw Damon, who motioned to come over to him. Damon then walked behind a wall. Stefan looked at Klaus and Nikolai. "I need another drink — a real one."

Nikolai narrowed his actions as he saw him leave. "Niklaus."

"What is it, brother?"

"He's hiding something, and I have a theory what it is."

"Care to elaborate?"

"She's alive."

Klaus' eyes widened in disbelief.

.

Outside

Damon had just walked outside and was looking from side to side. Stefan suddenly appeared and pushed him against a car and held him by the collar. "What is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with you? You kill Andie one day; you save my life the next. What are you good, bad? Pick one!"

"Klaus and Nikolai almost saw Elena today. You have to get her out of Chicago."

"She's not going anywhere until she's got you checked into vampire rehab and on the mend. Trust me. I've tried."

"She is the key to everything. Klaus can't know that she's alive. Nikolai is figuring it out so just leave!"

"What are you talking about?"

"She was supposed to die in the sacrifice, and she didn't. Now Klaus can't create any new hybrids. His witch and his twin are seconds away from figuring that out. Tell Elena to go home and forget about me."

Damon paused a few moments then looked to his left. "Tell her yourself."

Stefan looked where he was looking and saw Elena standing in the parking lot.

.

In the bar

Damon joined Klaus and Nikolai at the bar.

"Last call. Drink 'em up!" Gloria said.

"I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now." Klaus said

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse." Damon said as he looked towards Nikolai.

"You don't give up, do you?" Klaus said.

Damon looked at Klaus. "Give me my brother back...You'll never have to see me again."

"Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die; otherwise, you wouldn't be here, so..."

"What can I say? I'm a thrill-seeker."

Nikolai used his speed and held Damon up by his throat.

Klaus looked at the two as he took another shot of tequila.

.

Outside.

"You shouldn't be here." Stefan said as he looked at Elena.

"Where else would I be?" Elena said

"What do you want? Damon won't be able to distract Klaus and Nikolai for long."

Elena touched his face. "Come home." She said and embraced him. She was about to stake him in the back with a vervain dart, but suddenly he spun around and grabbed her arm hard.

"How much clearer can I make it?" Stefan growled.

Elena feebly dropped the dart.

"I don't want to come home!"

.

Inside the Bar

Nikolai lifted Damon off the floor by the throat with one arm. He started poking him with the toothpick. "Oh, dear, what was that? I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries."

Klaus looked at them amused.

Nikolai stabbed Damon in the stomach with a toothpick. Damon grunted in pain. "Ohh! No, that's not it. Hmm." He stabbed him again. Damon grunted in pain. "Ohh. Almost." He angled the toothpick upwards towards his heart.

"Klaus wants a partner in crime? Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun."

Nikolai threw him backward. Damon crashed on top of a table, breaking it, and landed on the ground on his back. Nikolai walked over, ripped a part of the chair off as a makeshift stake, and crouched over Damon. "You won't be any fun after you're dead." With one hand he held Damon down, and with the other, he raised the stake. Just at that moment, Gloria set the stake alight with her powers. Nikolai threw it away with a grunt. "Really?"

"Not in my bar. You take it outside." Gloria said.

Damon tried to sit up, but Nikolai pushed him back down and looked at him. "You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When we're done with him, he won't want to go back."

Nikolai took his hand off Damon. "Let's go Nik."

"Right." Klaus said.

.

Outside

"Klaus is obsessed with siring these hybrids. The second he knows you're alive, he'll figure out why it's not working. If his twin hasn't that is."

"Look, I know you're trying to protect me, but I can't let you do it. Come with me, Stefan, please."

"And what do you expect if I do? Huh? It's never going to be the same, Elena."

"I know that."

"I don't think you do. I've left bodies scattered from Florida to Tennessee. Innocent people. Humans."

"Lexi found you like this before. In the twenties, and...and she saved you."

"And you know what I did after that? I spent thirty years trying to pull myself together. To a vampire, that's nothing. To you? That's half your life."

"I can't give up on you, Stefan."

"Yes, you can. It's done. That part of my life is done. I don't want to see you. I don't want to be with you. I just want you to go." Stefan turned around and walked away.

.

Damon's Car

Elena was sitting in the car, looking through the window. She touched her necklace while she waited for Damon. Damon entered the car.

"You okay?" Damon asked.

"Just drive." Elena said.

.

Forbes Residence

Caroline was sitting upright in her bed drinking from a blood bag, and Liz was sitting on the foot of the bed watching her. Caroline finished drinking and gave the bag to her mom. "Thank you." She said and lied down. She put her head on her pillow.

"Honey, your dad...all our families, we have beliefs that have been passed on through generations. And we were taught never to stray from them." Liz said.

"You did."

"You taught me to look at things in a different way."

"I just thought that he was the one who got me."

"He did. He will again."

Tyler appeared in the doorway. Liz got up and was about to leave. However, she stopped when Caroline called her.

"Hey, mom? Thanks for believing in me."

Liz nodded and left the room and Tyler walks in.

"Would now be a bad time to give you crap about sneaking out on me?" Tyler said.

Caroline smiled but then was about to cry. Tyler got under the covers, and she put her head on his chest and cried. "He hates me. My dad hates me."

Tyler kissed her head as she cried her heart out.

.

Chicago - Warehouse

Klaus and Nikolai entered the room in the warehouse full of his family's coffins. Rebekah's was empty, and the guardsman was lying dead on the floor nearby.

"Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are." Klaus said as he looked around.

"Rebekah rushed over and stabbed him with the dagger. Klaus gasped.

"Go to hell, Nik!" Rebekah shouted.

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

"Hurry up, Rebekah. Let's go!" Klaus motioned to the car. However, she didn't move and continued looking towards the other end of the warehouse.

"He'll be here any second." Rebekah said waiting for Stefan.

"Do you want to die? We've been found. We need to move." Klaus said.

"Not without Stefan."

"Stefan's not coming. We have to disappear. He'll draw too much attention. Let him go."

"What did you do?"

Klaus ignored her question and took her by the arm. "Come on. We don't have time for one of your tantrums. Nikolai's waiting for us."

Rebekah shook his hand off her. "I don't want to run anymore, Nik! All we do is run. I want to be with Stefan."

"Fine. Then choose. Him or us?"

Rebekah didn't answer.

"That's what I thought. Get in the truck. Let's go." Klaus started walking to the truck.

"Good-bye, Nik. Tell Nikolai I'm sorry."

Klaus stopped walking. She turned away from him, but he rushed over and drove a dagger through her heart.

.

Chicago - Present Day

Klaus took the dagger out of his chest. He held it out beside him and dropped it. "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me."

"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more." Rebekah sneered.

"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in."

Stefan walked in but didn't show any sign of recognition.

"Stefan." Rebekah said.

Klaus got closer to Stefan. "Now you remember."

"Rebekah." Stefan said and walked closer to her.

"Stefan." Klaus said.

Stefan stopped and turned to face Klaus.

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

Stefan and Klaus were sitting at the bar. A photographer was nearby.

"Hey, buddy, take a picture of my brother and me." Stefan said as he took Klaus by the shoulders for the picture.

.

Chicago - Present Day

Stefan looked at Klaus. "I remember you. We were friends."

"We are friends." Klaus corrected.

"Are we saving the best for last brother?" Nikolai said.

Rebekah looked towards the voice, and her eyes widened. "Niko?"

Nikolai smirked. Hello little sister."

"And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch." Klaus said.

"The original witch?" Rebekah said

"What do you have that Gloria needs?" Nikolai asked.

Rebekah touched her neck but realized her necklace was missing. "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!" Rebekah shouted.

Stefan's eyes widened as he remembered that Elena has the necklace.

"I don't know. I didn't touch it." Klaus said

"We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!" Rebekah shouted

"Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!"

Rebekah looked into the coffin but couldn't' find it, so she threw it on the ground. Stefan looked concerned. Unknown to him Nikolai looked at him with a knowing smirk. So she is alive after all.

.

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon was on the phone with Katherine. "Okay. You were right. They were there."

"I'm always right. Let me guess...it ended in tears and heartbreak?" Katherine said.

"Where are you?"

"Why? Do you want to come rub sunscreen on my back?"

"I'm thinking Europe. Italy, maybe. Or Spain. You were always a sucker for those lazy afternoons."

"Keep guessing, Damon. Bye-bye." Katherine hung up and laughed.

.

Flashback - Chicago 1920

In the bar, the police were confiscating the alcohol and putting it in boxes. Rebekah's necklace was on the ground. Katherine walked over to it and was about to take it, but she looked over then disappeared. Stefan walked over and picked up the necklace while Katherine watched him. A man was behind him.

"Hey kid. Chicago P.D." the man said.

"I'm not afraid of you." Stefan said.

"Oh, I'm not here for you. Have you seen these two?" The man said and showed him a drawing of Klaus and Rebekah.

"I've never seen those people before in my life."

"Wrap it up, boys. We're through here." The man said and looked at him and left. Stefan had Rebekah's necklace in his hand. Katherine watched him and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
804K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
951K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.8M 60.4K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...