End of Salvation

By YuiFreymore

Having lived twelve years into the zombie apocalypse, Xiu Shinyi suffered through hell. Just as he was given... More

Author's Note & Disclaimer
Character Page
Glossary
Prologue: A Dream But Not A Dream
001: No Longer The Fool
Preview: 002: Coming Home
002: Coming Home
003: No Bounds of Shamlessness
Preview: 004: Hello Mother
004: Hello Mother
005: Confrontation
006: Still Stuck In The Past
Preview: 007: Yi'er is a Genius!
007: Yi'er is a Genius!
Preview: 008: The Day That I Met You...
008: The Day That I Met You...
Preview: 009: The First Trip
009: The First Trip
Preview: 010: A Sudden Mistake Will Follow You For An Eternity
010: A Sudden Mistake Will Follow You For An Eternity
011: The Hermit
012: His Formidable Golden Thigh
013: Morning of The Spoiled Princess' Birthday
014: The Lunar Crown Hotel (I)
015: The Lunar Crown Hotel (II)
016: Lunar Crown Hotel (III)
017: Lunar Crown Hotel (IV)
018: Lunar Crown Hotel (V)
019: Lunar Crown Hotel (VI)
020: A New Home
021: Vengeful Maniac
023: Starting Act 2
024: A Painful Rejection
025: An Honest Mistake

022: Being A Wizard

5.7K 360 59
By YuiFreymore

A/N: Heh... Here's an update. I'm not six feet into the ground yet. I'm almost there.

---

Xiu Shinyi's eyes glimmers as his hands accurately slam onto the buttons. Like a lion chasing after the lone prey that has separated from the heard, he ruthlessly hunts them down. With every pounce, a large amount of their HP decreases significantly as well as the number of words thrown at him. A large notification pops up as soon as another pitiful user falls by his hands. He raises his hands and looks at his brother, they were the last two standing in the game.

Xiu Shinyi claps excitedly, "Yay~! Yu Yu, I did... It?"

He tilts his head in confusion as he saw that Xiu Shunyu's expression wasn't quite right. Following where his twin's eyes were directed, Xiu Shinyi's sights move over. His face reddens immediately and he covers his eyes. The rest of his family members were here! It was as if he was saying 'if I don't see you, you won't see me'. If he was an animal at this moment, he would be covering his eyes with his large and soft ears and probably be curled up into a cute small ball right now.

He screams internally. How could be so careless?! It was just supposed to be a game to pass time until he could go sneak and listen to the four of them talk... But he became sidetracked and missed his chance to! Wasn't this called digging a pit just to just to jump in it? Mentally slamming his face on a wall, he wants to cry.

Xiu Shinyi couldn't be blamed for becoming too engrossed in an online game for his current mental age. Before he was locked inside of a shell by his own fear. To his mind, there was always monsters lurking around every corner. No matter what he did, he could not shake off the baleful feeling; so he hid from the unknown and set up a cage to surround himself in for protection. His life was just as tragic as the Titanic that sunk, except he was the cause of his own drowning. His incompetence made it seem impossible for him to grasp moments to spend with his family and to 'live'. This made his exposure to the rest of the world down below the minimal amount. Even now, he was just barely exploring the surface of the deep and vast ocean. It was sad to say, but he admits that he wasted one life to only realize this fact that has been in front of him all along. All he ever needed to do was reach out and touch it.

Feeling as if his face was now the size of an atom, Xiu Shinyi wants the ground to split open and swallow him on the spot. He was already a wizard¹ with his age combined from the past and present life, and soon enough, his level would increase to becoming a legendary sage²... But he... His mind regressed and he let them see such a shameful side of him. His lashes flutter like the wings of a butterfly as he tries to blink away the shame.

Xiu Yijun quickly strides over and gathers him in his arm. His hand gently strokes the top of his head, "Did you have fun, Yi'er?"

Parting his fingers a little. Peeking through the open gap of his finger, his sapphire eyes glisten as it was slightly watery. He coughs to clear his throat lest he wants to sound like a screeching wheel, "Un. Un. Yi'er had lots of fun... Very fun."

He wishes for time to pass much faster and for the topic to already shift onto the next subject, as he did not want to relish in this black spot of his. He curls up in Xiu Yijun's arms and presses his face into his (XYJ's) chest. The scene was rather amusing as the little rabbit was trying to burrow itself into the embrace of the big faithful dog. Xiu Shunyu who was still in shock sits on the side with his face still blank. Should he laugh or should he cry at how fast his other half changes his expression? Who would've thought that his guileless younger brother of his was quite devious?

---

Sitting by the window, Xiu Shinyi was quiet as he gazes at the scenery outside, but his mind was not present to take in the magnificent spectacle. After his mortifying moment, Ying Zhuqing and Xiu Yunsheng explained in the vaguest words about their grandmother's condition. Her body was not well and her motor capabilities had dwindled down to being stuck on a wheelchair. She also has memory problems. Parts of her memory would suddenly disappear at times and she would not be able to remember what happened in the recent years or what just occurred a few moments ago. Many times, her memories were so foregone that she could only recall her youthful days when she was still pregnant with her second child; forgetting that she had already given birth to her and that she was now resting in the grounds of acold cemetery.

They warned the two of them that whenever they approached Ying Yunyan, they must be very careful not to upset her and if she needed space, they were to comply and give it to her. The two of them had nodded their heads to show that they understood. He suspects that she has a serious ailment but... He didn't think that it would be this bad.

Choosing to be left alone to 'play', he had hurriedly picked up the electronic device and snailed his way through the interweb. He typed in the symptoms he saw when he met her, and what was described from them.

The screen was on but only the home screen was displayed. He learned how to access 'incognito mode' from observing his big brother Yunsheng. He would play as if he didn't see anything while Xiu Yunsheng was browsing the internet. Whenever he was going to buy gifts for anyone, he would access incognito mode so that there were no traces of his movements. After seeing it for more than a dozen times, he memorized how to access this magnificent feature.

Xiu Shinyi recites the result of his search in his mind as he was in disbelief; Parkinson's disease³ and dementia⁴. And from his investigation, she has already entered through the doors of the fifth stage of this neurodegenerative disorder... The most advanced stage. Not only did she have this condition, but she also developed dementia and was beginning to mix up her memories as well as changes in her behavior. He can also confirm that she has had this condition for over ten years at least, perhaps it may have been longer since the prognosis has been given. Even though Ying Yunyan won't die from Parkinson's disease, proceeding to live her daily life can be very difficult as she needs assistance 24/7. It was crucial that her every movement would be monitored because even the simplest accidents can be lethal, claiming her life in the process.

Sighing, he knows that ultimately, there's nothing that he can do for her other than accompany her and make more memories.

---

The days seem to pass by rather quickly. The five of them assimilated to their current way of life that was filled with warmth and their outlook on life became much better, but Xiu Shinyi knows that this was only temporarily as everyone's way of life would be altered on that day. He wanted to make sure that everything was ready before the time came and grew a little anxious at finding the right man to complete it. He understands that he cannot rush things or else it might end up costing him a lot more.

For now, he'll focus on what he can do with his own abilities and the help of others. He was only in the body of a ten-year-old and there were many limitations that came with that.

Sitting outside underneath the shade of a tree, he waits for his brother to get off his afternoon activity. Xiu Shinyi had convinced his twin brother to join in a couple of after-school activities as he had done so in the past, the only reason for why he wasn't doing it this time around was because of him. Xiu Shunyu was naturally an outgoing person but with his entrance into the world once more, his personality has shifted a little. He was still outgoing but was a little more reserved and cautious of others. This, however, didn't negatively affect his popularity, rather it made it rise even more.

He promised Xiu Shunyu that he would wait for him in this exact spot every day after school so that they could go home together and that he would find something to do rather than be idle. Of course, he wouldn't be idle, his plan was already in motion.

Being left alone and having his twin be able to do what he wants to do while being able to cast a wide net to catch a rather disgusting bug; it was throwing one stone to hit two birds. Feeling someone getting closer to him, he places down his book and smiles brightly as he looks up, "Ah Hao"

A young boy a month older than he was stood before him. With short curly dirty blonde hair, two upturned turquoise coloured eyes framed by his full straight brows, a slightly protruding noise with a nicely curved bridge, and two scarlet lips that were slightly thin, his western features were more prominent, but signs of a beauty was starting to unfold beneath the petals. If only he wore a more confident look on his face, it would bring out more of his beauty but the young boy was rather shy and timid.

Pei Haoyi originally came from overseas with his father, who was incipiently from the eastern side of the world. The beautiful bright boy before him was his very first friend since he's arrived here and he feels that Xiu Shinyi was the only person he could confide in and feel safe. He awkwardly greets him back, "Hi, Yi'er... Did I disturb you?"

Shaking his head, Xiu Shinyi shifts over and pats the spot next to him. "No, not at all. I was just reading a book to pass time."

Feeling relieved, he sits down. Pei Haoyi nervously fumbles with his hands as he tries to think of something to carry on the conversation. Shaking his head internally, Xiu Shinyi wants to smack his back and encourage him to not fear, but that would be impossible especially knowing how his home life was like.

The past month, he approached Pei Haoyi constantly to accelerate his plans. Before he would only exchange greetings, but now, the two of them would converse with each other. Initially, he assumed that this child might be filled with resentment because of what was happening to him, but he finds him to be a good person despite his experience. His heart was still pure and just like his name, he was filled with kindness. If he cared for someone, he would put in a hundred and ten percent effort when they were playing and always have at least eighty percent of the attention on them when they were talking.

It was only that most of his classmates were unable to push past his timid and socially awkward nature because of their inexperience with life. Part of the reason why he was the way he was, was due to being ostracized early when he first arrived in the country. Being one of the few foreigners inside of the class and still trying to get the ropes of the native language here, he struggled to assimilate into the community. This left him to be one of the outcasts in the class.

Xiu Shinyi rummages through his bag and takes out two lollipops, one strawberry flavored and another was apple. He holds it in front of Pei Haoyi, "Which one would you like?"

Pei Haoyi touches his chin and ponders deeply. Which one did his friend like? Ever since he's gotten closer to his friend, he hasn't seen Xiu Shinyi be picky about his food, other than he doesn't like vegetables; especially carrots. Other than that, he would eat with no complaints. Mentally reciting, he left it up to fate.

Small pot of fried beans,

The more fried, the more stinky,

Stinking after, threw it to the rear.

There is a dog in the rear,

Was bitten by the dog.

(A/N: Rough translation. It isn't a hundred percent correct and was MTLed. Shortened a few translated words to make it fit in with the text.)

The last word ended up on the apple flavored. Pointing to the green wrapper, he shyly smiles, "I'll take the apple flavor, Yi'er."

Handing it over, Xiu Shinyi happily unwraps his strawberry flavored one and licks it. His eyes turn into crescent shapes as he sucks on it. Pei Haoyi does the same except at a slower pace and more elegantly. A warm bubbly feeling flushes in his chest as he eats the lollipop. His cheeks were a faint pink hue due to his innate feeling of being diffident.

Pei Haoyi quietly whispers, "Thank you, Yi'er..."

Chuckling, Xiu Shinyi waves his hands in the air, "It's just candy. You don't have to thank me."

Bobbing his head, a smile creeps up on his lips, "Okay..."

Touching his lips, he inquires 'innocently', "Oh! Ah Hao, is your fuqin picking you up today?"

Pei Haoyi's hand shakes a little and his face pales, "Oh. Yes, fuqin will be coming today..."

Xiu Shinyi has long noticed his friends discomfort whenever his father was mentioned and feels a little guilty, but this was a must. He tilts his head to the side and scratches his head, "Ah, I was just wondering because if not, I could've dropped you off at home."

Lifting his head, he pats Xiu Shinyi's shoulder, "It's okay. Thank you though."

He sighs and holds Pei Haoyi's hand, "I told you that you don't have to thank me for everything. We're friends right?"

Touching his nose, Pei Haoyi nods his head, "Mmn. We're friends."

Xiu Shinyi lifts his chin, "Then you can't say it anymore!"

Pei Haoyi's brows furrow and he opens his mouth to argue, but Xiu Shinyi beats him to it. "Or else we won't be friends anymore."

Quickly standing up, he worriedly holds Xiu Shinyi's hand, "N-No!"

Smiling, Xiu Shinyi swings their hands, "Then you can't say it anymore, okay?"

Nodding, he accepts the term, "O-Okay... I'll try not to."

Xiu Shinyi giggles, "Good."

He pulls Pei Haoyi's hand and the other sat back down. The two made small chatter as they slowly eat their lollipops away. Soon it was only minutes before the after school activities came to an end. Looking at the entrance to the school doors, Xiu Shinyi was caught off guard when a voice belonging to an adult man comes from behind him, "Ah Hao, I've come to pick you up."

---

¹Wizard: Internet slang that came from Japan, it denotes that once a virgin 30-year-old man, they become a wizard, someone who has powers that is unmatched. Often used in a sardonic and humorous manner.

²Legendary Sage: The next level of evolution due to abstinence. This is at the age of 50 years old.

(A/N: reminds me...

Hagrid: You're a wizard, Harry.

Harry: But I'm onl-

Hagrid: You're a wizard, Harry.

Harry: You're a wizard, Hagrid! (/□\*)・゜

Yui: *sips water* Incorrect, he's a legendary sage, Harry. Hagrid's sixty.

Harry: Σ(○□○)

Hagrid: (・_・ヾ *innocently thinks* It seems that I have 'upgraded'?)

³Parkinson's disease: Is a disease in which the loss of cells of the brain over time leads to dysfunction and disability. Patients who have been diagnosed with this neurodegenerative disorder suffer tremor, bradykinesia (slowness in movement), limb rigidity, and balance problems. The cause of the disease is incurable and the cause of it is currently unknown.

⁴Dementia: This type of dementia is Parkinson's disease dementia and not the overall term used to describe the decline of memory, but the symptoms are relatively the same.

⁵Is the Chinese equivalent to 'eeny meeny miny moe'.

Original context:

小锅炒豆,

越炒越臭,

臭了扔房后.

房后有条狗,

被狗咬一口.

Pinyin:

Xiǎo guō chǎo dòu,

Yuè chǎo yuè chòu,

Chòule rēng fáng hòu.

Fáng hòu yǒu tiáo gǒu,

Bèi gǒu yǎo yīkǒu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 478 35
***I RECOMMEND YOU READ IRIKURI FIRST BUT YOU CAN READ THIS ON ITS OWN*** ---------------------------------------------------------- Nki and Ade hav...
346K 19.4K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...
56.6K 4.6K 33
'How have you changed this much?' 'Where is the boy I fell for all those time and still in love with?' 'What could have happen so wrong to take away...
12.9K 436 51
The chairman to one of the renown group in the business world, who can have anyone he wanted should he said the three sacred words to them, fall in...