Speed and Snow

By Venompool360

Barry returns from the Speed Force after months of being gone. Only to have one of his closest friends become... More

A New friend
Godspeed
Legion
A fun night out
Opposites do Attract
Heritage
Tornado Twins
A Family Outing
First Day

Doppleganger

3.3K 37 40
By Venompool360

Hours Before Barry and Caitlin's eventful night in Vegas.

Wally: Sooo... what do we do now? Wally says scratching the back of his head.

Joe: We have to get him back.

Iris: But how dad? We betrayed him, I betrayed him.

Joe: I know Iris but there has to be a way.

Cisco: There is a way, we fight fire with fire.

The team look at him questioningly.

Cisco: His Doppelgänger. 

What do you mean? Wally says looking at him with a puzzled look on his face. 

Cisco: Think about it, the only person Barry will listen to right now is himself and Caitlin. So who better to make him listen to reason than himself.

Wally: That's... actually a good idea Cisco. 

Cisco: Of course it is, I'm the smart one remember? He says with a chuckle. 

Joe: Wait. Before we do this what earth are we getting Barry from?

Cisco: Earth 38.

Wally: Wait, I thought Kara's earth didn't have a flash?

Cisco: That's what I thought too, but then I did some digging and found out that her version of Barry goes under a different name.

Joe: And what's that?

Cisco: Bart Allen.

Iris: Just like when his memory was erased!

Cisco: Exactly! That's how I found out what his name was, and get this he doesn't go by the Flash either he goes by a new name. Impulse!

Joe: So, how exactly did you figure all this out? 

Cisco: Kara has a dossier on potential meta-human recruits for the Deo. I asked her if she could send me over a copy so I could confirm my suspicions and lo and behold I found out there was a hero in National City named Impulse but one day he just... vanished leaving no trace of him ever existing. 

Wally: That's why no one knows about the Flash on Earth 38, he was there just under a different name.

Joe: So where is he now?

Cisco: He's in the Quiver.

Wally: The what?

Cisco: The Quiver, It's basically Green Arrows 
version of the Bat-Cave. 

Iris: But why hide there?

Cisco: Are you kidding? It's the perfect hiding spot, underground, completely off the grid, not to mention it's been abandoned for years.

Joe: So how did you find it?

Cisco: I reprogrammed Sally the Satellite to track Barry's DNA throughout the multiverse, in fact that's how I managed to find out he even existed on this Earth in the first place.

Iris: Alright let's get to work.

Cisco: There is one more thing I have to tell you before we get started. 

Wally: What is it Cisco?

Cisco: When we do this, Only one of us can Vibe to him.

Iris: What?! Why?

Cisco: Because we don't even know if he's met any of us yet and I don't want to freak him out by sending multiple people after him! 

Do what you have to do Cisco, Joe says 
understanding. 

Iris: If you can only send one... then let me do it, please?! 

Cisco: Alright, let's do it.

As they begin to try and breach the alternate version of Barry onto their Earth Iris sighs holding up a positive pregnancy test.

Meanwhile at Earth 38 Bart Allen is tinkering with different parts of his suit trying to figure out how to upgrade them when all of the sudden a breach opens up in front of him.

Who's there?!  He shouts.

Iris: Barry it's me Iris!

Bart: Barry's gone! 

Iris: I know that's not true! Please?! She begs as she holds out her hand. Come home to me!

After a moments hesitation he reaches out and grabs her hand and they teleport back to the Lab.

Once he arrives Cisco begins gawking at his new suit. Bart/Barry just chuckles and gives him a thumbs up.

After that he presses a button on his cowl and the electronic lock on it is disengaged allowing Bart  to take it off revealing a slightly older version of himself with facial hair. 

Bart: It's really you! He says hugging Cisco while a lone tear drops from his eye.

Wally: So you know who we are? 

Bart: Yeah... you were on my Earth too, but- he trailed off.

Iris: But what? She said encouraging him to continue. 

Bart: You didn't make it.

Joe: We're dead?! 

Bart: Yes. He says on the verge of tears. 

Cisco: Is that why you went into hiding? He asked him curiously.

Bart: After you guys died, I just didn't have it in me anymore, so I changed my name to Bart and went into hiding. 

Joe: If it's all right with you I think I'll stick with Barry, he said which made Barry smile.

He then looked at Iris. Your pregnant aren't you? He said making Iris freeze in shock. No sooner had he said this everyone looked at Iris.

Iris: H-How did you know? She stammered.

Barry: You were pregnant on my Earth too, we named her Nora, he said the thought making him smile.

Iris: Nora... she thought about it for a moment. After your mother, she said getting sidetracked.

Barry: Quite fitting don't you think? He said with a slight chuckle.

It's a beautiful name, she said smiling before she got back to the task at hand. 

Iris: Barry... she began. The reason we brought you here was- but before she could finish he interrupts her. 

Barry: You need my help.

Iris: Why are you so good at that? She says with a chuckle.

Barry: I mean... it's pretty obvious, why else would you breach me here if it wasn't an emergency?

He's got a point Cisco says putting in his two cents.

Barry: So, what's the emergency?

Iris: Our Barry, kind've ran off to Las Vegas with Killer Frost.

Barry: What?! Why would he do that? She's Evil! 

Iris: It's a long story.

Cisco: We threatened to lock him up. Cisco pointed out bluntly.

Barry: Why would you do that? He asks completely shocked.

Joe: Because he was becoming too dangerous and he needed to be contained.

Iris: And he won't listen to anyone else except himself and Caitlin.

Cisco: Which is why we need you!

Iris: Help us please! If not for the city, then for Nora, She says holding her stomach.

He then walks over to Iris and puts his hand on her face as she starts to cry.

Barry: I will bring him back to you, I swear!

Iris: Thank you, she says with tears in her eyes.

Barry: You're my lightning rod Iris, he says as he speeds off to Vegas in search of his Earth One counterpart. 

As he leaves Cisco speaks up. Sooo, you're pregnant? He says with a smile on his face.

Iris: We'll talk about it later when Barry get's back.

Present Day

Killer Frost: So how does it feel to let loose?

Barry: I should've don't it sooner. He says as he leans in for a final kiss, as he does so he hears a whooshing sound behind him.

Impulse: Barry stop!

Barry: Who the hell are you?!

Impulse: The names Impulse and I'm bringing you home.

Barry: Like hell you are! As he says this both Barry's and Impulses eyes spark with electricity and they run around in circles trying to build up enough energy to throw lightning at each other, when they finally do throw lightning at each other it creates a shockwave so large that knocks the both of them back. Impulse and Barry slowly get up.

Barry and Impulse: That's it- the gloves are off! But before Barry can do anything Impulse Speeds out of the room and jumps onto the side of another building with Barry following suite, the two then engage in a heated chase until Barry finally catches up with Impulse, tripping him. He then Super Speeds over to him, picking up and slamming him into the side of the building, Impulse is finally able to get a foot hold but it's too late, Barry kicks him off before running him down the side of building, finally he picks him up and throws him slamming his back against the wall, as he tries to get up Barry knees him in the face and hits him with a left hook knocking him down, only to pick him back up again.

Barry: You think you can come here and interfere with my life?! What gives the right?! He says phasing his hand ready to kill.

Impulse: Y-You won't do it Barry, you can't.

Barry: You don't know me!

Impulse: Yes I do Barry, he says taking off his mask.

Barry: Y-Your me?

Impulse: Yes and I was sent to bring you home.

Barry: Who sent you?! He says tightening his grip on his counterparts throat.

Impulse: I-Iris, Impulse manages to choke out, Iris sent me.

Barry: Why should I believe you?! She's the reason I'm here, they all are! He says with blue electricity sparking in his eyes.

Impulse manages to only mutter one word, p-pregnant.

Upon hearing these Barry let's go of his counterparts throat, letting him fall to the ground and breath in all the air he can.

Barry: I-Iris is pregnant?

Impulse: Yes Barry, she found out just before you left, that's why she sent me, she needs you Barry.

After a moment of silence Barry finally agrees.

Barry: Alright I'll go with you, on one condition.

Impulse: What is it?

Barry: We take her with us, he says motioning up towards Killer Frost who had been watching the whole thing from her window, as he looks at her she blows him a kiss and before the two knew it they were back at Star Labs.

Iris: You brought him home! She said running up to Barry and hugging him.

Impulse: Hey! What about me? He said making a fake pouty face.

Iris: Don't worry, I haven't forgot about you. She then walks over to him and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

Impulse: AW shucks, he said rubbing his cheek.

Barry: So where's my beautiful baby? He said walking over to Iris.

She's right here, Iris says holding her stomach and her name is Nora.

Barry: Nora? After my-

Iris: After your mother she says smiling, before asking a question that's been nagging at her since he returned.

Iris: Does this mean that we're-

Upon hearing this Barry let out a sigh. I will be a part of this child's life, but she will always be the one I love he said as he turned to Caitlin.

Barry: But it doesn't mean we can't celebrate he whispers to her, hey everybody! Party at Joe's tonight to celebrate the birth of my beautiful baby girl, he says smiling at Iris.

Joe: Great I'll bring Jenna over.

Later that day

Barry's doppelgängers suit on Earth 38 is the else worlds suit just in case you wanted to know, also ignore things from the video that don't match up with the plot like Iris saying "we're next you know". I was just really tired and didn't feel like writing anymore

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 893 38
The return of a certain metahuman has Barry worried, but he's more focused on the people in his life, and a certain someone lying to him. Being intro...
57.8K 820 35
Two words: Speed ​​Force. After the death of someone important to the team, Team Flash has to deal with Barry's absence. Six months later Barry manag...
11.3K 226 22
In this story H.R. dies instead of Iris. Because of that Savitar creates a new timeline and dies from the paradox right after killing him. Lover of H...
30.4K 931 23
Barry and Caitlin had dated in high school, but when they both went to separate colleges, they drifted apart and eventually broke up. Years later, Ca...