Game On | Lance x Reader(Harr...

By Calybear7

You attend your first year at the new and improved Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. New teachers... More

Play Dirty | Prologue
I Am Not | Chpt 1
Blue | Chpt 2
Try Outs | Chpt 3
Kalteneker | Chpt 4
Enemy | Chpt 5
Are You Okay? | Chpt 6
Love Potion | Chpt 7
Family | Chpt 8
Tech Time | Chpt 9
Fair Enough | Chpt 10
Bludger | Chpt 11
Conquer, Not Admire | Chpt 12
Alone | Chpt 13
Mondays | Chpt 14
Bonding | Chpt 15
A-DAMN | Chpt 16
Date | Chpt 17
Stick It Out | Chpt 18
Headmaster | Chpt 19
Let Go | Chpt 20
Return | Chpt 21
Axca | Chpt 22
Annoying | Chpt 23
Milkshakes | Chpt 24
The Yule Ball | Chpt 25
Home Wrecker | Chpt 26
Pick-Up Lines | Chpt 27
Happy | Chpt 28
5 Bucks | Chpt 29
Fantastic Beasts | Chpt 30
Complicated | Chpt 31
Hug | Chpt 32
Charlie | Chpt 33
Laugh | Chpt 35
McClains | Chpt 36
Goblet of Fire | Chpt 37
Meant to Say | Chpt 38
Stupid, Perfect Girlfriend | Chpt 39
Help Me | Chpt 40
Keith | Chpt 41
Secret | Chpt 42
Trial 1 | Chpt 43
Trial 2 | Chpt 44
Trial 3 | Chpt 45
Cry | Chpt 46
Blind | Chpt 47
Guilt | Chpt 48
Desserts | Chpt 49
Talk | Chpt 50
Lucid Dreams | Chpt 51
Visit | Chpt 52
Direct Kiss | Chpt 53
You're Really Cute | Chpt 54
Merry Christmas | Chpt 55
Welcome Back | Chpt 56
Krolia | Chpt 57
In My Head | Chpt 58
Worried | Chpt 59
Caught | Chpt 60
Mystery Culprit | Chpt 61
Bad News? | Chpt 62
Ice | Chpt 63
Rainbow | Chpt 64
Dad Knows | Chpt 65
Sweet | Chpt 66
When Did You Love Me? | Chpt 67
Mrs. (l/n) | Chpt 68
Basically a McClain | Chpt 69
Abuela | Chpt 70
Awards | Chpt 71
Cuba | Chpt 72
Brody Stevens | Chpt 73
Comfortable | Chpt 74
Buenos Días | Chpt 75
Perfect Fit | Chpt 76
Great Boyfriend | Chpt 77
The Blue | Chpt 78
Going Home | Chpt 79
My Fault | Chpt 80
Summer | Chpt 81
How It Ends | Epilogue

The Very Best Something | Chpt 34

798 37 14
By Calybear7

Wattpad's update. It's a little weird. I still hate orange and I'm just here like 🙃

Also, idk if this is just me or if all people do this, but I make playlists by genre(plus one just from the 2000s from my childhood) to listen to while I write so if I want a specific mood then I'll listen to that playlist.

Idk if that's weird.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Here you go buddy," I murmured, handing Charlie a little piece of food. I was sat with the Nifflers in an empty room, Charlie settled in to the crook of my knee. I yawned slightly, propping my back against the wall and shutting my eyes. I felt extreme exhaustion settle over me, and I couldn't move my arms or legs, my head lulling against the wall gently. I pulled myself awake quickly, the room completely empty except for the few sleeping Nifflers. I stood up placing Charlie with his siblings and peeked out of the classroom.

It was completely empty, the hallway, and I heard the sound for passing period to commence. Students did not begin to flood the hallways, just a hollow sounding wind whistling between stone walls as there was a broken window to my right. I approached, glass all shattered on the grass outside, showing that someone had tried to get out, rather than in, and that jagged glass still attached to the window frame was covered in blood.

How could this happen?

I glanced to my left and right as if crossing the window sill would be like crossing the street. I stepped up, weary of the crimson along the sill of the newly made exit and the jagged teeth of broken glass. I hopped down, seeing a faint trail of blood along trodden grass. I glanced back and suddenly I couldn't see back inside the school.

"Hello?" I called, following along the traveled path, loosing sight of the building quickly. Though logic would urge me to stay from the danger, something deep inside me hinted the danger lurked behind within the halls.

"Hello?"

"Hello?" I couldn't tell if the answer were just an echo as I was hoping it would be. However, I suddenly noticed there was no room to echo in the vast empty space of the field I was in. This was not the school or the forbidden forest. It reminded me too much of lousy green areas in the city. "Don't you like it?"

I turned around quickly, noticing it was Lance that stood there behind me. There was no way he could've snuck up behind me, there was nowhere to hide. Where had he come from.

"What?"

"The field, isn't it nice?" He asked.

"I suppose."

"It's nice, but not as nice as you. I'm sure you knew that though," he paused glancing around. I now noticed the blood dripping from his hands and shirt.

"That was you that went through the window," I breathed and he glanced at me.

"How else was I to escape?"

"Escape what?" I asked and he turned to look out at the field again.

"What you escaped too," he said, his voice low and grave. "How did you get here?"

"I walked."

"Through the water?"

"What wate—" I glanced around, realizing now that I was on a sort of beach, not the type to stick sand between your toes, but with watery grass all the way to the edge of the water, the water that had suddenly appeared.

I was dreaming.

That's it.

"You couldn't have swam, you don't know how to swim," Lance said. I glanced to him, a fakeness to him, one that my mind created about him.

"I can swim."

"I'm afraid you cannot," he said, shoving me suddenly into the shallows of the water. I felt a wave come and sweep me up with some of the grass, sucking me down, deeper into the water. Blood trailed away from my clothes, the blood Lance had gotten on me, and water forced its way into my lungs. I swished forcefully through the water with my arms, but to no avail, I was suddenly drowning like he said.

But I'm dreaming, I can't die in dreams, I'll die in real life. I'll just wait until I awake. I felt myself sink to the bottom, my heart rate slowing. I woke up suddenly coughing up water into the wet grass, mud on my clothes and hands. I collapsed back, breathing heavily.

"Perhaps, maybe you can swim," I opened my eyes to see Lance shadowed by the sun, his face shaded. I sat up and he stepped back. All the blood was gone.

"I'm dreaming."

"Perhaps you are."

"What do I do about it?!" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?!"

"Doing nothing often leads to the very best something," he said, glancing at the water and then me. "You, achieved the very best something, being alive."

"What?"

"You did nothing while drowning, and from that, the very best something came."

"How are you being so cryptic?"

"We all tend to escape things, as you did earlier. You followed your instincts, following me. Thinking whatever inside was after you as well, but rather in fact there was nothing at all. You ran when you didn't have to run at all."

"What?"

"You, are fearful, and analytical. You saw your chance and you left. You escaped nothing. When you escaped that nothing, you began drowning."

"You pushed me!"

"You began drowning, and instead of fighting and trying to run away from if, you did nothing, and the very best something came."

"Lance what are you—

"You run away from everything, perhaps that's what you did with me. Ran away, instead of letting things happen the way they should've. By doing nothing. The best shall come for those who do nothing, and wait."

"Wh—

"Stop running (y/n)." My name echoed out, and my heart began to race heavily, my own name ringing in my head. I gripped at my ears, shutting my eyes tightly.

My eyes suddenly shot open, my name still ringing out, clearer this time. My breath was shaking in my chest and as I exhaled, my stomach shrinking as my hands struggled to grip something at my sides. My lips and mouth were dry, water however dripping down the side of my face.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n) are you alright?!" I blinked once, noticing now the gentle shake of my figure under hands which were gripped along my biceps. Nifflers skittered around me in slight panic. Lance crouched in front of me, Alfor beside him.

"Hello?" I called out and Lance let out a sigh.

"Are you alright? What happened?" He asked.

"I was dreaming?"

"More like nightmare by the looks of it, come on, let's get you up and to the infirmary," he offered and I slapped his hand away.

"No."

"But—"

"There's nothing wrong with me," I said, standing.

"(Y/n), you should go and make sure," professor Alfor said and I again shook my head, excusing myself to the hallway. The sky out was dark and gloomy for most likely only 4 or 5 pm, and the window in my dream was not broken. I approached, noticing the courtyard outside. This had not been in my dream. I wiped away sweat and worry with the back of my hand.

"(Y/n)?" I glanced back; Lance stood a good distance away.

What had he said in my dream?

Stop running away: What did that mean?

"What happened?"

"I was passing by his classroom and I saw you passed out along the wall, fidgeting around," Lance explained. "I went to go get Professor Alfor and we tried to wake you."

"I am awake now, there is not need to worry."

"But your dream! Don't you want to do something about it? Talk about it?"

That's what he meant.

I kept running away from these things, my feelings clouding my judgement. Instead of letting something come to me, I sought it out, pushing things away when the something never came for me.

"Doing nothing often leads to the very best something," I murmured.

If I ran away, and didn't let life go along it's course, then something would never come. I glanced up at Lance, the very best something.

"Yes. I want to talk about it." He glanced at me surprised, nodding. Nyma may feel threatened, and I in no way intend to steal Lance from her. I know that, and so does she. So to run away like this, is hardly the answer.

The answer is simply, to do nothing.

Okay so I MAY have stole that form Winnie the Pooh, but I love Winnie the Pooh so damn much so like don't @ me.

~Calymari

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.1K 15
Transferring to a new school can be scary, but this time was different. Almost instantly I made friends, and they basically knew nothing about me. We...
610 86 74
A troubled arrival at Hogwarts, a bloodthirsty Goblin who sees you as an obstacle on his way to great power, dragons, beadts, students out of bed... ...
57.7K 1.3K 20
Your family bloodline is very famous. Your mother and father are Order of Merlin first-class. You have been sorted into Slytherin and excel in studi...
291K 5.4K 80
Boys, Boys and more boys (Harry Potter fanfic) going to Hogwarts is going to be a journey full of adventure mysteries and maybe even romance ? *read...