Sometimes things are more mag...

By kaatjedeee

When Agent Phil Coulson gets the order to bring a special team together, to protect people, and to work with... More

Sometimes things are more magical than you know ~ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\OC
prologue
pilot (1)
pilot (2)
pilot (3)
pilot (4)
pilot (5)
pilot (6)
0-8-4 (7)
0-8-4 (8)
0-8-4 (9)
0-8-4 (10)
0-8-4 (11)
0-8-4 (12)
The Asset (13)
The Asset (14)
The Asset (15)
The Asset (16)
The Asset (17)
Eye spy (18)
Eye spy (19)
Eye spy (20)
Eye spy (21)
Eye spy (22)
The girl in the flower dress (23)
The girl in the flower dress (24)
The girl in the flower dress (25)
The girl in the flowerdress (27)
FZZT (28)
FZZT (29)
FZZT (30)
FZZT (31)
FZZT (32)
FZZT (33)
The Hub (34)
The Hub (35)
The Hub (36)
The Hub (37)
The well (38)
The Well (39)
The Well (40)
The Well (41)
Repairs ~ Note of the author
Repairs (42)
Repairs (43)
Repairs (44)
Repairs (45)
Repairs (46) [epilogue]
The story of Andromeda of Asguard ~ Intermezzo + author note
The Bridge (47)
The Bridge (48) (authors note)
SECOND AUTHOR NOTE
The Bridge (48)
The Bridge (49)
The Bridge (50)
The Bridge (51)
The Bridge (52)
The Magical Place (53)
The Magical Place (54)
Intermezzo
The Magical Place (55)
The Magical Place (56)
Intermezzo ~ Past, present, and future
The magical place (57)
Seeds (58)
Seeds (59)
Seeds (60)
Intermezzo ~ a special lecture
T.R.A.C.K.S (62)
Playlist
I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!
T.R.A.C.K.S (63)
T.R.A.C.K.S ~epilogue
T.A.H.I.T.I (64)
T.A.H.I.T.I (65)
Yes Men (66)
Yes Men (67)
Yes Men (68)
End of the beginning (69)
To my dear readers
Intermezzo ~ Welcome in the mansion of Mr. Dead himself. Enjoy your stay.
I REPRESENT...
End of the beginning (70)
End of the beginning (71)
End of the beginning (72)
Turn, turn, turn (73)
Turn, turn, turn (74)
Turn, turn, turn (75)
Turn, turn, turn (76)
Providence (77)
Providence & The only light in the darkness (78)
The only light in the darkness (79)
Nothing personal (80)
Nothing personal (81)
Nothing Personal (82)
Ragtag (83)
Ragtag (84)
Ragtag (85)
Beginning of the end (86)
Beginning of the end (87)
Beginning of the end (88)
Beginning of the end (89)
Beginning of the end (90)
Epilogue
A word of thank you
One shot: Why Nyla Sanchez isn't on the SHIELD Index
wow

The girl in the flowerdress (26)

936 29 1
By kaatjedeee

Warning: I am not responisble for feels attacks, or eventually cry moments. Kidding, there are a lot of feels coming up :')   A little author's note; in this chapter, what's written like this, It's a translation from chinese into english, because in the lab scene, they're talking a lot chinese, and I seriously don't speak it (I gues neither do you guys do)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 When they were reaching Hong Kong, most of them started to suit up. So was Ward. Until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Agent May, Sanchez and I will be handling the field work," Coulson said to him. "You stay, and oversee the prisoners."

"Sir?" Ward asked, slightly surprised.

"I was Skye's S.O. It was my resp-"

"It was my call, to bring Skye on the plane," Coulson answered. "And you warned me against it. My problem. I fix it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately... She was still stuck with Miles in the interrogation room. And to be honest... She had no idea what had happened with him. She knew that he had stayed behind for a while, together with May and Sanchez, when she was escorted to the plane. And when they had dropped him in the interrogation room, he seemed... Diffrent. More scared, and looking a bit vitreous out of his eyes.

He had become even more silent after they had discovered the money on his bank account.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. " I honestly didn't know."

"All our talks... Did you mean none of it?" Skye asked.

" I risked EVERYTHING to help you, and it turns out that every word since the day we met is total crap!"

"That's not true-"

"Democratisation of knowledge, the truth will set you free? The truth came out, and you can see what happend."

"I believe in all those things. I just don't know why they have to go hand in hand with bearly scraping by! Come on Skye, you lived in your van for the last two couple of years."

"Now you're making fun of my van?" She shouted.

"I could have funded us for years!" He shouted back. "Us. So you wouldn't have to sacrifice your principals to join this corrupt institution to find where you're looking for. What's wrong with me, trying to do that?"

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?! A innocent guy might die! For money!"

"You know I never meant intensiously to hurt anyone. I am just trying to get my life together. At least, you know where you're looking for. Me... I don't have that. And I might have been a pain in the ass to you, but please... Even if your joining SHIELD, be carefull."

"They are not that corrupt that-"

"I am serious, Skye. They are not what they look like."

"Miles, that's your personal bullshit," Skye responded.

"I'm damn serious! Specially, look out for that creepy lady."

"Creepy lady?"

"The... The Spanish one!"

"What's wrong with Sanchez?" Skye asked.

 "I... I can't tell you that," he answered. "I'm sorry. But it's just... Promise that you will be carefull."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Building has five floors. The first four are research.Fifth is listed as maintenance, but uses half the building's energy," Coulson briefed agent Kwan. They just had arrived at the building, but Sanchez was still in the car. Coulson hadn't had the chance to told agent Kwan that the only level nine and a half agent would join the operation.

"Either they're guarding the world's largest vacuum...," Kwan insisted.

"Or that's where Chan's being held," Coulson said. "Send your teams into the tunnels, to secure the lower floors. Warn them, that the centipede serum is highly explosive."

"Understood," Kwan answered.

"And then there's something else," Coulson said. "You've met my level six specialist?"

"The Spanish one?" Kwan asked.

Sanchez had left the car, and came into their direction.

"She's an undercover," he told Kwan.

"Into your team?" Kwan asked.

"Exactly. Agent Kwan, meet agent Nyla Sanchez, level Nine and a half."

In the whole history of SHIELD, there had just been one living being with a nine and a half clearance. Every SHIELD agent knew who that was.

"You're kidding me, Coulson?"

"Absolutely not," Sanchez answered for him. "I have my own orders. We need to do this properly and fast."

"Ofcourse," Kwan responded.

"And agent Kwan? I would appreciate it if-"

Kwan knew exactly what she meant. 'Don't scream it from the rooftops.'

"Understood. But where do we go in?"

"The roof," Coulson answered. May was already up on the roof, due to a special grippling hook. Kwan, Coulson and Sanchez followed as fast as they could, together with the other special forces. After they had been through a few corridors, with May in the front, they stopped. The device in May her hand made a few bleeps.

"There. Heat signature confirmed."

There path was blocked by a door. The door was locked, ofcourse.

May gave Coulson a special exploding gadget.

"Love these things," he smiled.

After activating it, they all went a few steps back. When the door was unlocked, May kicked him open, and they all went in. It took May a little effort, to take a few guards down. She made the path free to Chan.

Speaking about Chan... Sanchez made a face. She did not like it was she saw. They had tied Chan up to a special bed, and he looked like a mess.

"Kwan..." He mumled. "It's you."

"We will get you out of here," Kwan said. They started to untie him, but a siren sounded.

Sanchez cursed loudly. Telekineses would not work, so they had to work on a plan B, eventually. But it was necessary to do it very discreetly. She could act as herself, but she couldn't give to much from her to Chan.

A few special forces continued to untie Chan, while Sanchez joined Coulson in taking guards down. She could just kill-

Her thought stopped immediatley.

Oh yeah... Right... The kill safe.

"Am I having permission?" She shouted to Coulson. It took two guards before he gave her an answer.

"Yes. You do!"

Sanchez grinned. An eventually kill would make her work much more easier.

She took two guards down by using a wall, and then she looked at Coulson, who tried to make contact with his earpiece.

"Stright team is in, security overised. Kwan, can you arrange-"

Coulson his voice faltered, and Sanchez looked surprised, not in a positive way. There was a huge burning hole in Kwan his stomach. The body of agent Kwan fell down, and Chan appeared behind him, injecting more serum into himself.

"O Chan," Coulson muttered. "What have you done?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Even I have to say it, I did not expect this coming."

The situation was critic. And Sanchez was mad at herself and everything, because this was absolutely not going as it had to go.

May, Coulson, and she were the last ones left. The others were dead, or unconcious.

She knew that the others didn't matter. Not now. It was the task that Chan would live.

Chan screamed a scream full of pain. The skin on his arms... It was all burned.

"This is bad. This is very, very bad. They have removed the fireproof blood cells."

"You think you can fix that?" Coulson asked.

"Maybe. I'm not sure. But if talking doesn't work-"

May and Coulson both knew the answer. If talking wouldn't work, she would take action.

"Mr. Chan, I know you're in pain!" Coulson shouted to him.

"This?! This is nothing!" He shouted back. "You are the ones killing me! Forcing me to keep this gift locked up inside."

"Would you have a normal life, if everyone knew from what you're capabel of?" Sanchez asked. Coulson made a face. He wasn't even surprised anymore that she spoke chinese.

"Chan, I'm sorry you lived a life you didn't want, but violence will solve nothing," May said to him.

"It will keep me from being kept prisoner. By you, by them; there's no difference. I was given this gift for a reason. To burn bright."

"Wrong answer, pretty boy," Sanchez muttered silently. No one seemed to hear her.

"There's no turning back," May tried again, to convince him.

"I don't want to go back!" Chan shouted.

And then, Sanchez was completely done with the guy.

"Mr Chan, before you start shooting fire balls at us, yes, I know you can, would you give me the permission to come out of my hiding place?"

As an answer, she got a whole storm of fire balls, and a scream full of madness.

"I just became completely done with the guy. If both of you don't have a plan B anymore, I'm going to get him," Sanchez hissed to May and Coulson.

"His file say anything about him being homicidal?" May asked to Coulson.

"Just said he was kind of a tool," he responded.

"Mr. Chan, believe it or not, this could still get worse!" Coulson shouted.

"Bend someone long enough and they break. Poor little Chan Ho Yen may have believed your lies... but not Scorch!"

"Who?" May and Sanchez asked at the same time.

"Oh, crap. They gave him a name," Coulson sighed.

"That's it, I am so done with the guy now," Sanchez answered.

"Mr. Chan, you should lower your fire!" Sanchez shouted. He shot a fire jet at her, but she parried him immediatley, and shot one back by herself.

"You're making a shame from yourself, emberrassing all of them who share your gift! You think that Raina helped you, but she made your fire uncontrolled as a wild lion."

"Who are you to tell me that?!"  Chan asked.

She went from hiding spot to hiding spot. She fold her hands together, and whispered something in an old language, a language that had never been spoken on a world like the earth. A dragon of fire appeared, and flew a round through the lab.

"Someone like you. Raina and her organisation are a group of imposters, they have been messing with your fire, made you using it like it isn't supposed to be used. You were a lost sheep in the valley of the mortals, you did not knew how to lower it. I can teach you that."

"Who are you, to say that you master the fire?!"  Chan shouted again.

The dragon who flew through the lab changed into a skull.

"Someone who has many names. Someone like you. Would a proper and ordinary SHIELD agent being capable of this?"

A enormous wall of fire appeared. And when it vanished, Chan could finally see the body behind the voice. A young lady with black hair, and a dark skin, dressed in a black jeans, a black shirt, and a black jacket.

"Let me... Help you."

Before Chan could even respond, Sanchez touched his cheek, and gleams of red light started to draw through her vains. After a few seconds, Chan felt down on the floor, and Sanchez started to shake.

"Coulson, we have to go, now!" May shouted.

"No, we don't leave her behind."

The red light started to draw to her neck, to hear head. May could see that she was barely able to breath.

"We have to get out of here, NOW!" May shouted.

"She can explode every minute, don't you see that?!"

She pulled Coulson with her, together with a unconscious Chan, and she started to run. Because Chan was still unconcious and Coulson still a bit struggling, she decided to lay Chan on her shoulder.

"How can you leave her behind?!" Coulson shouted to her, while running. "How?!"

"Coulson, this is not the time-"

"Sir!"

On their way out, they met Ward and Skye.

"Sir, the system is back, Miles can lock the place down any second, just as you ordred."

He knew damn well that he had not given orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure of this?" May asked. Sanchez sighed.

"Unfortunately... I am. You're the only one from who I can ask this. For this time, I am allowed to share."

May was preparing the bus for landing in Hong kong, but while the others were suiting up, Sanchez had came to her.

"I can't ask this from the others, because they don't know the real me, and neither can I from Coulson, because he is to much human for this. But it is the truth May. I will try to absorbe the serum from Mr. Chan's body, because I know they've used it on him. I am not sure of what will happen. Nothing can happen. I can faint. I can explode. I can sing a stupid song, or... Something. Even I don't know. But whatever will happen, Coulson will refuse to leave me behind."

She knew that Sanchez was right. Coulson would refuse, absolutely.

"That's why I need you to take him and Chan away, if I am able to save Chan. Whatever he says, or whatever he does, you have to bring Coulson in safety. When he ans Chan are safe, my personal mission will have succeed. Please, will you do this for me?"

She looked at May. And May looked back.

"I will. For Coulson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They just were out of the building when everything started to explode. They went a few metres back first, before May layed down Chan. The whole building came down.

"Sir, Skye managed to-"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!" Coulson shouted to May. Ward and Skye looked at eachother.

What... Just... What?

"Coulson-"

"You knew this, you knew that she would sacrifice herself. You knew that. Why didn't you stop her?!"

Ward and Skye looked at eachother again. Oh oh. Mom and dad were fighting. The best thing was getting out of the way.

"Because of YOU!" May shouted back. "She didn't knew what would happen when she had done it, that's why she asked me to get you away, because she knew that you would never leave her behind. She wanted you to be safe!"

"Wait... What happend to Sanchez?" Ward asked.

"We... That's classified," Coulson said.

"That's classified?!"

Ward started to argue with Coulson and May, what Skye made see what the others did not see.

Sanchez walked from behind their car, and went to Chan.

"Ehm, guys-"

"Not now Skye."

Chan seemed perfectly normal, just like a ordinary guy. Sanchez smiled to him, and he... He looked greatfull.

Sanchez took something from her pocket, and blew it into the wind. It seemed like... Powder, or something. A bright light appeared, and finally, the others could see it too.

But they were to late to see Chan walk into the light, and seeing him vanish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 179 14
Meet Elise Acworth, the daughter of Nick Fury. She is only twenty-three years old. She, originally, was just a SHIELD agent, a scientist, and spy. Sh...
1.9K 32 8
When Henry was hired he met Captain Man's daughter, Aurora Luna Manchester. She was around eight at the time. Five years later, she's with four other...
166 9 9
Jessica Lee left her job with MI5 after a mission went horribly wrong to start a new life in New York. She was lucky to find a job with Stark Indust...
16.7K 522 29
Avengers fan fiction Captain America Fanfic My name is Astella, but all around the world I am known as Cosmic. Not too long ago I was a normal girl...