Forbidden Love- USWNT

By uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... More

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Keep My Mind Busy
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
Cars, clothes, and Calories
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Clearing the Air
Roll Through the Punches
The Bachelor
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Where's Christen?
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

Everything's Going to be Just Fine

3.5K 65 7
By uswnt-fanfic

Tobin's Pov. 

"I-we- we were talking... a-and things just got really tense..." Alex started saying. 

"I need to hear what you did," Julie said. Her jaw was clenched, and she looked at her with a death stare. 

 "We started making out, and then when we found a room, things escalated." 

Julie went through her hair with her fingers, standing up and taking all this in, "and you didn't think the consequences?" 

"Of course I did! But we were, I mean we are still, but we were drunk then," Alex pleaded. 

"Oh and that makes things any better?" 

Just listening to these two argue was overwhelming, and I wanted to leave, but I couldn't even lift my head up. 

"Servando wasn't even supposed to be there. Before the party, we got into a big fight, and I told him that we needed a break, so I left to Ashlyn's party to have fun for once in awhile." 

"Alex, as much as I don't like you right now, I have to ask, is he at all physically hurting you?" asked Julie worriedly. 

"No, and I'm not saying that to protect him. He's a good guy, but we were fighting about me having to playing with Tobin," Alex reasured. 

"Good, now continue you story," Julie nodded. 

"When I got there, I started partying, and then started drinking, but not enough to get totally drunk." 

"I just can't believe you and her would hook up like that. You guys broke up because you cheated! And then you cheat on Servando?!" 

"I know its bad, but..." 

"No, this is on you. You put this on Tobin. If you and Tobin weren't screwing, Servanod wouldn't have beaten her half to death!" Julie said protectively. 

Alex started crying again, and she was breaking down hard. Just then, the door opened again, and in walked Morgan, Allie, Megan, and Mal. 

"What the hell happened?" Allie said. 

"Ask Alex," Julie said. They all looked at her, which she was in tears. 

"We'll ask her later, but how's Tobin?" Allie asked again. 

"She'll be fine, but she's definentaly not in no shape to play next week's game," said Julie. She grabbed a damp cloth, and gently rubbed my cheek. 

"We gotta get payback. I say we get Servando and show him our piece of our minds again," said Morgan. She turned around to start walking out, but was stopped short by Megan. 

"I think you've done enough tonight Moe, what will you do after? Huh? You think it'll solve Tobin?" 

"It'll make me feel better that's for sure."  

"Please don't do anything you'll regret later, for Tobin's sake," Megan pressed. Moe stood there for a moment, then sighed, "fine, for Tobin." 

I got a slight shot of pain in my stomach, and groaned. This caught everyone's attention, and they all surrouned me. 

"Tobin, can you hear me?" said Julie. 

"I-I'm going to be fine guys, but he got the hell outta me," I wheezed. 

"You just need to rest there bud, you'll be alright," reasured Allie. 

"Is there anything we can do?" Mal asked. 

"You can just  keep this on the DL, and and certainly don't tell Coach Press anything," Allie said. Mall nodded. 

They all left, and once they did, Julie set up the other sofa so she could sleep by me for the night.  I could see she was exhausted from tonight, and I felt bad. 

__________

Morning

My eyes fluttered open, and I slowly lifted me head, to feel my neck stiff and sore. The pain forced me to groan, which woke Julie up. 

"Hey Tobin, I got you," she said. She got up and grabbed a fresh cloth and started to clean my face. 

"You know I can take care of myself right?" 

"That's not what it looked like last night," she pointed out. I sighed in defeat, "what were you even thinking last night? I just don't understand why Alex." 

"I know, it's just not a good time for me, and I completely lost my mind." 

"Can I give you some advice?" I nodded, "don't hook up with someone else's girlfriend," that made her recieve a punch on the arm, which made her yelp in pain. But I still love Julie. 

"Do you think you can try sitting up?" 

"I guess it doesn't hurt to try," I slowly lifted myself off, starting off just lifting my upper body, "okay, that wasn't so bad, let's try standing up." 

As I did, my stomach clenched together, which shot another pain through my body, "argghhh!" I immediately sat back down, "guess it does hurt," I groaned. 

"Hey, this is a good start, how bout I make you some breakfast?" 

"Yeah, I'm starving." 

As Julie started making some breakfast, I turned on the t.v. to watch some ESPN and watched UNC football playing against Auburn. 

"Come on ref, that was not a holding!" I yelled at the t.v.. 

"What happened?" asked Julie from the kitchen. 

"The ref called a holding against offense, so now we have to go back 5 yards, stupid," I grumbled. 

A few moments later, Julie came back with a plate of eggs and toast, which I devoured within seconds. We kept watching the game, yelling or cheering once in awhile. 

"I swear, if I didn't love soccer like I do, I would be a kicker for a football team," said Julie, swallowing a mouthful of eggs. 

"I would want to be quarterack. I love throwing, and I have a killer arm," I said as I showed off my  arm muscles. 

"Oh yeah, can you throw a hail mary?" 

"You bet, if I wasn't injured, I'd show you," I said confidently. 

"What ever you say bro," she said in a non-convincing tone. I rolled my eyes, but focused my attention back to the game. 

When the game ended, with UNC winning by 15 points, we turned off the t.v. and agreed to try for me to stand up. I grabbed Julie's arm that was out for support, and heaved myself up.

It was painful, but not as bad as before, so I stood there, trying to not imagine myself falling. 

"Wanna try taking a step?" she asked. 

"Sure," I moved my right foot and took a small step. I felt my knee suddenly give out, and I started going down, until Julie caught me. 

"Thanks, let me try again," I persisted. She nodded, and helped me standing up fully. 

I took my left foot in front and took a step. It wasn't as bad, so I tried walking normaly, and I started getting the hang of it. 

"Well that's a relief," I sighed. Julie was able to let go, and I started walking almost normaly. 

"Servando fucked you up," she hissed. 

"I've been wrose, besides, he can't get rid of me that easily." 

"Yeah, I wish Alex would dump him," she rolled her eyes. I felt my heart drop a little, wishing that she never even met eyes on that boy, "yeah me too, but what are we going to do?" 

"True, but we're her teammates, and as much as I don't like her, we still have to have her back."

"I know it's hard, but she'd do the same for us," I rested my hand on her shoulder in reasurance. 

"Well, don't mean to kick you out, but I've got to work on some homeowork I haven't even started, and I know you have hell of a plate with all your honors, AP, and IB classes so..." 

"Right, but you'll give me a ride?" 

"No, I was thinking of making you walk home," she said sarcastically, "but how are you going ot hid your face to your parents?" 

"I think I'm beyond of hiding it with makeup, so we can take off the band-aids, and I'll make up something." 

"You think you'll pull it off?" 

"I'm a master at lying to my parents," Julie helped take off the band-aids, and then we got in her car to my house. 

When we reached my house, I thanked her, and walked up the front door, not caring if my parents would know. 

As soon as I stepped in, my mom came rushing over and gave me a hug. It took every ounce for me not to yell, but I managed to hold it in. 

"Tobin Heath, where have you been, and what happened to your face?" 

"I'm fine mom, I was just at Julie's for the night, and I fell going down the bleachers after everyone left to help clean the equipment." 

"I didn't know it rained last night for the bleachers to get slippery." 

"Yeah, someone must've spilled some soda, and I slipped on that," I continued with my lie. 

"Well, we should contact the school, so they can change having soda on the bleachers," she said as she was walking to the telephone. 

"No! It's not necessary, I cleaned it up, so it's not a hazard." 

"Tobin, its for the future so no one else will spill, you sure your okay?" 

I groaned, I knew I wouldn't get through my mom's head, but as long as she believed my story, that's all I need. 

"Where's dad?" 

"He's gone to et groceries, need anything?" 

"Nah, I'm going upstairs to do homework." 

"Alright, just call if you need anything." I nodded and reached my room and shut the door. 

I sighed in half relief and guilt as I hated lying to my parents. 

I sat at my desk, and took out my AP Stats homework and put my headphones on and played Want Her by Dj Mustard and started my homework. 

Time went by, and I was able to finish the majority of my homework. I was working on my English paper, when I get a text from Morgan. 

M: "Hey, sorry this is late, but how ru?" 

T: "Fine, just trying to get through my homework." 

M: "Me 2, I'm trying to understand my physics hw." 

T: "Haven't started that yet, but I'll probably text u back for help." 

M: "If you want to get an F like I'm going to, then go for it." 

T: "Lol, see you on Monday." 

M: "Yeah see ya." 

Another hour went by, and I finished all my homework, including physics, so I walked back downstairs to check with my mom. 

"Hey mom, what's up?" 

"Oh hey honey, just about to get on a conferance call," I nodded, and walked back upstairs. 

I fell onto my bed, looking at the ceiling. I didn't feel like doing much, so I turned on my computer to binge watch FRIENDS. 

How am I going to explain to coach that I can't play? She's going to be asking questions, and it's not going to be as easy as talking to my mom. 

There's always the option to quite the team while you still can. I said to myself jokingly. 

But one thing that I did know what to say, was the night of us, and I felt ready to talk to her about it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 554 18
If there's one thing Christen Press knows for sure it's that she wants Tobin Heath more than anything in the world. The only issues? Tobin is oblivio...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
77.7K 1.2K 49
Your a high school soccer star. You have a bright future ahead of you when the USWNT comes and watch your game. They think your amazing and talented...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...