แด›สœแด‡ วซแดœแด‡แด‡ษดโšœ๐“”. ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ช๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ผ...

By MikaelsonBlood

โ–๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐จ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž. ๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ... More

ACT โ… 
AESTHETIC
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
โšœACT โ…กโšœ
โšœAESTHETICโšœ
โšœPrologueโšœ
โšœChapter 2โšœ
โšœChapter 3โšœ
โšœChapter 4โšœ
โšœChapter 5โšœ
โšœChapter 6โšœ
โšœChapter 7โšœ
โšœChapter 8โšœ
โšœChapter 9โšœ
โšœChapter 10โšœ
โšœChapter 11โšœ
โšœChapter 12โšœ
โšœChapter 13โšœ
โšœChapter 14โšœ
โšœChapter 15โšœ
โšœChapter 16โšœ
โšœChapter 17โšœ
โšœChapter 18โšœ
โšœChapter 19โšœ
โšœChapter 20โšœ
โšœChapter 21โšœ
โšœChapter 22โšœ
โšœChapter 23โšœ
โšœChapter 24โšœ
โšœChapter 25โšœ
โšœChapter 26โšœ
โšœChapter 27โšœ
โšœChapter 28โšœ
โšœChapter 29โšœ
โšœChapter 30โšœ
โšœChapter 31โšœ
โšœChapter 32โšœ
โšœChapter 33โšœ
โšœChapter 34โšœ
โšœChapter 35โšœ
Hunt Me Down: A Bucky Fanfic

โšœChapter 1โšœ

20.3K 430 359
By MikaelsonBlood

Always and Forever

❇❇❇❇

The bond of family is what makes us. It teaches us through life and enables us to stand up for what we believe in.

❇❇❇❇

Flashback, 1680, France

"Niklaus, we need to leave or father shall find us soon." Elijah urged Niklaus so that he could gather up all his belongings and Elijah could begin loading them onto their ship. 

Mikael's presence was nearby and they all knew that it was time for them to flee. Rebekah and Elijah's belongings were already on the ship. 

The two knew exactly how dangerous the situation was.

But this time, unlike every other time that they had fled their homes, Niklaus wasn't eager to run. Instead, whilst Elijah and Rebekah were out making arrangements for their departure, Niklaus had just sat there in the library of their castle and painted. He painted and drank. Elijah couldn't understand the cause of his brother's behavior.

"Oh, what's the use, brother? He will run us out of our next home as well." Niklaus muttered.

"What is your intent, brother?" Elijah asked thoughtfully.

"I don't want to run anymore, Elijah. If he kills me this time, let him kill me then."He spoke gulping down his liquor.

"You're not thinking straight, Nik." Rebekah came into the room, having heard the conversation between her elder brothers.

"Oh, I know exactly what I'm thinking, little sister. You both leave if you want to. I'm not going anywhere." Saying this, he got up and left the library, ignoring all the calls from his siblings.

For more than seven centuries, Mikael had hunted them and never allowed them a moment's worth of happiness. 

Every place they thought of as home, burnt because of Mikael's wrath. And there was nothing either of them could do because no matter what, their father just never let them escape.

By now, Niklaus knew that no matter where they went, their father wouldn't stop coming for them. So for now, all he wanted was for his siblings to go away so he could stay back to face their father. He had had enough of his family being terrorized for centuries just because their father wanted to kill him.

He had given up all hope for a good and peaceful life. He had made peace with the fact that he wouldn't get his wolf back again and now all he had left to lose was his life about which, he didn't care anymore.

Niklaus was walking through the dead silent streets of an eerily calm night when suddenly his supernatural hearing caught whimpers of a person in pain. On listening closely, he realized it was a woman breathing raggedly and in pain. 

Niklaus was quick to speed in the direction of the sound  before coming to a stop in front of an almost dead woman fighting to stay alive. She was heavily wounded and her clothes torn. 

It was certain that the monstrosity of mankind had gotten to her and she paid the toll because of wild beasts in the body of men. Niklaus felt his blood boil at the condition they had left her in.

He was quick to get out of his overcoat and placed it on the blonde's frail body. She shivered in fear when she slightly raised her eyes and saw him. 

She tried to shift backward but her wounds didn't allow her to do so. He understood that she was scared and was confusing him to be one of those who did this to her.

"Shh, it's alright, miss. I'm not here to harm you." He said in a soft tone, raising his hands in surrender showing her that she could trust him.

"Come on, we need to get you someplace safe." Niklaus said as he cautiously moved his hand towards her but the minute he touched her to pick her up, she winced in pain.

"You need my blood." Niklaus said to himself, as the woman looked at him with confusion in her grayish-blue eyes.

Without further ado, he bit into his wrist and fed her his blood. 

Not understanding what was happening, she gulped down the metallic taste as quickly as her body allowed her to do so but before his blood began to heal her, her breathing deteriorated and the sound of her heart started fainting before it came to a stop altogether. 

"Miss? No no no, please wake up." Niklaus ranted in panic, knowing that she died with his blood in her system and when she wakes up again, she'd be in transition.

No matter how hard he tried to shake her or find any signs of life, he couldn't get her to open her eyes. She was dead. He was almost sure that the choice she'd have to make in a few hours was not what she will like doing.

Niklaus carried her body up to a nearby gazebo and laid her down as he waited for her to open her eyes.

After a long while, the first rays of dawn began to break through the horizon when the blonde woman opened her blue orbs.

With a soft moan, she turned her head only to find a handsome man with sharp features and blond hair sitting near her with his back and head resting on one of the pillars and his eyes closed.

She quickly sat up, the events from the previous night coming back to her and remembering what was done to her by someone she least suspected.

Niklaus opened his eyes when he sensed movement only to come face to face with the woman he saved. She looked at him frightened as she wrapped his coat tightly around her figure.

"It's alright, love. I'm not here to harm you. I was walking by when I heard your whimpers." Niklaus explained in a calm tone just like he had the night before.

That was when she remembered someone coming for her rescue and she could clearly remember his distinct blue eyes and velvety voice. His eyes were beautiful, now that she was seeing him in all her senses.

"What is your name, love?" Niklaus asked politely so that he could possibly try to take her to her family.

"I'm Alexia. Alexia Branson."

Niklaus raised his eyebrows. He knew about the Bransons. They were literally the royalties from a neighboring town. They had wed their only daughter into one of the well off families from this town and everyone talked about the beauty of Alexia Branson.

Now that he was actually seeing her, he knew that all the words weren't enough for her mesmerizing features. Her eyes held this glimmer in them which was hard to miss and it made her look heavenly.

"How am I alive? I remember clearly that I was hurt badly and all my wounds were bleeding me dry. And how did I heal? What's happening?" She asked frantically, trying her hardest as to not panic.

"Love, can you calm down, please? I'll tell you everything but first I need you to be calm." Niklaus said scooting closer to her. Alexia took a few deep breaths and nodded him to go ahead and tell her everything.

"This is a dark world, Alexia. And you have all my condolences. But what would you do, if I were to tell you that you had a chance to make all those monsters pay? Would you take it?" Niklaus asked in a soft tone and when he saw the anger flash in her eyes, he knew that she was a warrior.

"I would do anything to make them pay. I just need the means." She said ferociously.

"Well then, I am offering that to you. But first, I'm Niklaus. You can call me Klaus." He introduced himself putting his hand forward for her to shake. She joined her hand as she gave him a small smile.

"Can I call you Nik?" She asked softly making his smile brighten as he nodded.

"Now, Lex, I need you to keep an open mind about what I'm going to tell you next." Niklaus started, making her nod.

"I'm a vampire. An Original." Niklaus stated making her eyes widen before she nodded.

"Okay..." Niklaus looked at her with confusion.

"What okay? Aren't you shocked that vampires exist?" He asked incredulously making her chuckle.

"The only thing I'm a little surprised at is the fact that I'm talking to an Original. I never thought I would meet one. And besides, I'm a witch, albeit one who hasn't practiced magic in twelve years, but a witch nonetheless. So I know about the supernatural world." She explained making his eyes widen.

"Well, now that you've told me that you're a keeper of nature, I hate to tell you that last night I fed you my blood and then you died. You had my blood in your system so now you know what comes next." Niklaus said somberly, as she looked at him with a blank face.

"So now I have to feed on blood or I'll die?" She asked flatly making him nod.

"Fine. Bring me a human. I wanna complete the transition." She said instantly making him raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"Are you sure, love? You're ready to give up your magic?" He asked with uncertainty.

"I haven't practiced in twelve years, Nik. And besides, I would love to have another shot at life. And I can't wait to make my husband pay." She said the last line with venom-filled in his voice.

"What do you mean?" Niklaus asked in confusion.

"What happened to me last night was his doing. He got drunk and then he forced his way with me. And then he left me on the street to die." She spat making Niklaus' anger reach its peak.

"I'm gonna kill him." Niklaus growled. He hated those who couldn't respect a woman's wishes. Those who forced their wives or those who abused them. He believed that they should suffer the worst kind of torture for their existence on this earth.

"Don't worry. Turn me into a vampire and I'll do it myself." Lexi stated with a smirk when an idea came to Niklaus' mind.

"How about we make him your first kill? This way you'll be turned into a vampire and he'll be dead." He suggested making her smile widen.

"At least he'll be of some use." She joked as Niklaus stood up giving her a hand before the two started walking in the direction of her house.

"You're one of the lords from the castle, right?" She asked after looking at him for a few moments. Niklaus nodded.

"I indeed am. But although, I would suggest that after you're done with your revenge, you leave this place." Niklaus stated, suddenly remembering the lingering presence of Mikael. He knew that once Mikael arrived he was going to burn the whole place down and somehow Niklaus knew that he wouldn't want Lexi in the middle of it.

"Why is that? Can't I stay with you, Nik?" Lexi asked with hope in her eyes. Niklaus smiled at her sadly.

"We live a dangerous life, Lex. My siblings are leaving this place and I am going to have a face-off with my father who is hell-bent on killing me. Once he comes here, this will all burn to ashes and I do not want you anywhere near that." Niklaus explained making her eyes widen.

"Why aren't you going with your siblings?"

"Because I'm tired of running. I don't want to run anymore, even if I die. I have no reason to go on." He said sadly as she came to a halt and took his hand in hers.

"Niklaus, I've heard a lot about you. Your reputation in the supernatural world is of a person who doesn't care about anything but himself. But yesterday, you saved me. And I can see it in your eyes that you care about me in some way. So please, I beg of you. Go with your siblings. Live. Be happy. You've given me another chance at life and I want you to have one as well." Lexi pleaded making him stare at her intently for a while.

"But–" Lexi placed a finger on his lips before he could complete her sentence as she shook her head.

"But nothing, go. Be with your siblings. And meet me once you know everything is safe." She requested as he thought over it.

"But how will I reach you?" He asked.

"Meet me in this very town, two years from now. I'll be waiting by the same gazebo I met you in." She vowed, making him stare into her eyes as his shone with new determination. He nodded her head as he bent down and kissed her forehead.

"Be careful. And stay strong. You have my word that I will come to you." He promised, making her smile.

"Now go, before your father comes." She urged.

"But what about you?" He asked.

"I'll be fine by myself. Go." She smiled making him nod.

"Until next time, Lex." He said with a smile.

"Until next time, Nik."

⚜⚜⚜

It had been five days since Niklaus had heard anything from Isabelle and because of that, he had been worried sick, along with Stefan and Kol who knew about her being in New Orleans.

The day before, he had received an anonymous note about a witch named Jane-Anne Deveraux to be conspiring against him in the very city Isabelle had taken up residence. 

The timing of the two incidents didn't do well to ease their worries, thus right now, Niklaus and Stefan stood in the middle of a street in the French Quarter, observing their surroundings.

"Izzy, this is the twentieth time I'm calling you. We're worried about you. Call me back." Stefan spoke into his phone, thus leaving another message for the noirette to answer to. 

The two hadn't gotten anywhere close to finding their best friend.

"Did you tell Elijah about this?" Stefan asked after keeping his phone back in his pocket.

"Kol is on his way to tell him. I presume they'll both be here by the evening." Niklaus said distracted as he looked around with worry etched on his face.

"So, what's the plan? How do we find her?" Stefan asked looking at him intently.

"We need to get a witch. Because, somehow, I have this intuition that this witch—Jane-Anne is the one who has something to do with Izzy's disappearance." Niklaus explained as he noticed a group of fortune-tellers. 

He could clearly distinguish the real witches among them. He smirked in delight.

"What is it?" Stefan asked suspiciously.

"I just found ourselves a witch." Saying this Niklaus crossed the street and walked towards a dark-skinned elderly woman. The minute her eyes fell on the hybrid, she started putting her artifacts inside.

"Time for one more?" Stefan said as the two of them sat in front of her. She stared at them with hostility.

"I've nothing to say to you." She glowered making Niklaus and Stefan share a crooked grin.

"Oh, now that's not very amiable, is it? You don't even know me!" Niklaus quipped slyly. The witch stared at him with a mixture of disgust and hatred. Stefan almost wanted to smack that look off of her face.

"I know what you are, half-vampire half beast. You're the hybrid." Agnes said in a condescending tone.

"Oof, your judgy tone reminds me of my ex, witchy!" Stefan quipped making Niklaus chuckle.

"I'm the Original hybrid actually. But that's a long story for another time." Niklaus boasted making Stefan scoff.

"Alright, Nik. No one cares." He said making Niklaus roll his eyes as he leaned forward on the table towards the witch, "Now, I'm looking for someone—a witch. Perhaps you might be able to help me find her—Jane-Anne Deveraux." Stefan demanded, looking at the witch intently.

"Sorry, I don't know." The witch said trying her hardest to make her lie believable. Stefan smirked catching onto it.

"Well, now, that's a fib, isn't it?" Niklaus needled taking her hand in his, "Now you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of posers. So enough with the fabrications. I've quite a temper." He warned in a sweet voice, with a very visible underlying tone of threat.

"And trust me, witchy, I will help him," Stefan said wickedly as the witch gulped but still feigned a brave expression to not let her fear show.

"Witches don't talk out of school in the quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules." She stated before she took a certain name that knocked the senses out of Niklaus, "I don't break Marcel's rules."

Niklaus let out a low gasp as he kept staring at the witch, to find any signs of the fact that she said the wrong name. But instead, the way she was looking at him, he was sure that it was the same person.

"Marcel's rules." Niklaus hummed, "And where do you suppose I might find Marcel?" Niklaus asked with a small smirk as Stefan stared between the two.

⚜⚜⚜

"This is the same guy, isn't he? The one that you treated as your son and then you mourned him because you thought Mikael killed him?" Stefan asked. Niklaus stared at the restaurant in front of him, intently.

"Yes." Niklaus replied lowly. This was a difficult moment for him.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Stefan asked with uncertainty. Niklaus looked at him and smiled sadly.

"I know I have to." Saying this, Niklaus walked ahead and entered the bar. Stefan walked in behind him.

They sauntered further into the crowded bar when Niklaus' eyes instantly hardened as he looked at the performer on stage.

There was this aura of arrogance and over-confidence that was altogether hard to miss-which, which also made Stefan realize that this was the traitorous bastard who had betrayed Rebekah and chose his immortality over her life. 

Marcel had darkness, which was what attracted Rebekah in the first place, but Stefan now knew that the one man who would care for her and not betray her ever, was Jeremy. Because somehow Stefan really wanted the blonde to be happy. He wholeheartedly wished that her days of heartbreak were gone.

Soon, the performance was over and Marcel jumped off the stage with a dazzling smile as the ladies and his friends cheered for him loudly.

 He strolled towards his group of vampire friends, one of whom handed him a drink. He downed his drink before his smile left his face when he felt someone's gaze on him.

 He tilted his head slightly before turning towards where Niklaus was standing with Stefan flanking him.

"Klaus." Marcel greeted flatly, not showing even a bit of the storm going on in his head. A million emotions running through his body as he stared at his sire with an intense gaze.

"Marcel," Niklaus spoke in a calm tone.

"Must be a hundred years since that nasty business with your papa." Marcel vexed as the tension around the two grew visibly.

"Has it been that long?" Niklaus asked rhetorically.

"The way I recall it, he ran you outta town." Marcel acknowledged bitterly, "Left a trail of dead vampires in his wake."

The memories of the horrendous night coming back to the hybrid, the night he lost everything he held dear, "And yet, how fortunate you managed to survive." Niklaus said skillfully hiding his betrayal that Marcel never came looking for him, "My father, I'm afraid, I recently incinerated to dust."

Marcel's day-walkers got up from their seats when they noticed his belligerent tone. Stefan stood straight up closer to Niklaus, in case any fight broke out.

Marcel and Niklaus were now standing closer to each other, both looking at the other one with intense eyes. No one could tell either of their next moves.

"Well, if I had known you were coming back," Marcel stated, thinking that why didn't Isabelle tell him. 

He also felt a little betrayed that maybe Isabelle had told the Original about Marcel being alive, even though she'd promised that she wouldn't. 

Maybe that was why she didn't come in front of him for the last few days. He had grown worried about her, searching for her through the whole city, but now as he stood in front of his sire, he presumed that she was the one who brought him here.

 Keeping aside his thoughts about the noirette, he continued, "If, I had a heads up–"

Niklaus cut him off by going to stand dangerously close to the vampire he once called his son, "What Marcel, what would you have done?" He asked aggressively.

Marcel paused for a second, before a wide grin broke out on his face, "I'd have thrown you a damn parade!"

Saying this, the two long lost friends hugged each other. For a second Stefan was left dumb-founded but soon he caught on to what Niklaus was trying to do. 

It was much difficult gathering insight when you were dealing with enemies. But with friends, the task becomes much easier. Stefan smirked on the inside at the wickedness of his best friend.

The two broke their hug as Marcel leaned back and placed his hands on either side of Klaus' neck, "Niklaus Mikaelson. My mentor, my savior, my sire. Let's get you a drink!"

Saying this, he led the two vampires to a private room before he poured out drinks for the three of them.

"It's good to see you." Marcel stated with a grin. Stefan almost puked at his fake charm, he so knew Marcel was putting up an act.

"It's good to be home!" Niklaus declared making Stefan roll his eyes, "Although, please tell me the current state of Bourbon Street is not your doing."

"Pfft, it's horrifying!" Stefan muttered as Marcel spared him a glance before looking back at his sire.

"Something's gotta draw in the out-of-towners, otherwise we'd all go hungry." He explained as Niklaus raised his eyebrows as he nodded.

"Now, who are you? Never seen you around." Marcel inquired looking at Stefan.

"Salvatore. Stefan Salvatore. Pleasure, I'm sure." Stefan declared making Niklaus roll his eyes at the theatrics.

"He's my best friend. For a long while, now." Niklaus added glancing at the Salvatore who was staring at the vampire in front of them with distrustful eyes.

Marcel raised his eyebrows at the two before nodding, "So you do have friends, unlike your reputation in the supernatural world!" Marcel joked with a cocky smirk and once again Stefan just wanted to smack the shit out of another person in this one pony town.

Niklaus chuckled along with Marcel as his eyes darted to one of Marcel's friend's hand where he saw a daylight ring.

"I see your friends are day-walkers." Niklaus voiced thoughtfully.

Stefan still continued to observe Marcel. He just thought that there was something that Marcel was hiding from them.

 As if he somehow knew something about them, but just wouldn't say it. Truth be told, Stefan really didn't trust him at all.

 How Niklaus could pretend to trust him, was out of his league to understand.

"Yeah, yeah, I shared the secret of your daylight ring with a few buddies. Just the inner circle though-the family." Marcel expressed making Niklaus nod before he leaned further on the table.

"Tell me, how did you find a witch willing to make daylight rings?" Niklaus asked intently. Stefan quickly caught on to what his friend was trying to do.

"I got the witches around here, wrapped around my finger." Marcel boasted proudly making Stefan scoff. Marcel glared at the vampire for a moment before letting it go.

"Is that so?" Stefan asked, "Well we're looking for a witch by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux. Has some business with Nik." He enunciated, trying to reveal as less as he could.

Marcel's eyes widened in surprise when he heard the witch's name. He was also relieved that Isabelle wasn't the one who brought in the Originals. 

He was glad that she didn't break her promise. 

But now that he knew this, his worry for her reached it's peak because he hadn't seen the noirette around and she wasn't at her place either. 

He feared someone had taken her.

"You're looking for Jane-Anne? You probably oughta come with me." Marcel said quickly bouncing up from his seat as he stood up with a wicked grin.

"Showtime!" Marcel declared with a maniacal laugh as he exited the room.

The two best friends shared suspicious glances before they followed the vampire out.

⚜⚜⚜

Niklaus and Stefan followed Marcel as his day-walkers flanked the three. 

They could see the hoards of vampires running along the roofs and jumping down on cars, making their horns go off. 

Stefan found this all to be a collection of maniacs, with no rule to abide by. He was more willing to be in a zoo with actual animals than stay in that place for more.

"Oh, how's your family?" Marcel asked, suddenly turning back to Niklaus.

"Well, they're all apart. Going on their own adventures." Niklaus stated coolly, not disclosing the fact that they were all in fact, closer than ever.

"Well, when your blood relations disappoint you, you make your own! You taught me that." Marcel stated, making Stefan roll his eyes.

"They haven't disappointed him–"

"Anyways, here what's mine is yours, as always. Even my nightwalkers. The riff-raff." Marcel said, cutting Stefan off which earned him a glare from the younger vampire.

As the three walked ahead, Marcel grabbed a vine from a tree before a large crowd started to form in front of them as all the vampires began cheering for their king.

"Well, they don't know how to be subtle, do they?" Stefan muttered in distaste as he looked at all the vampires acting wildly.

"It's the quarter. There ain't no such thing as subtle, baby." Marcel quipped making Stefan curl his lips in disgust.

Coming to a stop, Marcel whistled loudly as all the vampires started cheering and whistling for him when Thierry brought in Jane-Anne, whose hands were tied. 

The cheers and encouragements from the crowd grew louder as Marcel laughed along with them.

"Jane-Anne Deveraux," Marcel announced loudly, causing the vampires to rally up.

"Give it up for Jane-Anne!" Marcel yelled, "Jane-Anne Deveraux, you have been accused of the practice of witchcraft beyond the bounds of the rules set forth and enforced by me. How do you plead?" Saying this, he abruptly turned around and walked over to Niklaus and Stefan, "Was that convincing? I studied law back in the fifties."

"Charming," Stefan chided sarcastically making Marcel clench his jaw before he ignored the vampire and turned back around to Jane-Anne.

"Seriously, Jane. Tik-Tok, you know the drill. How do you plead?" He demanded.

"I didn't do anything." She uttered making all the vampires laugh hysterically as Marcel shook his head.

"That's a lie." Marcel spoke out, "You know it, I know it and you hate that I know it. It drives you witches crazy that I'm aware of your every move. That you can't do magic in this town without getting caught. So why don't we just cut to the chase, huh?"

Niklaus and Stefan exchanged meaningful looks as they saw Jane-Anne staring at them with recognition. There were so many questions roaming in their heads, one of them being—how was Marcel capable of knowing when a witch performed magic.

"You tell me what magic you were brewing. I mean tell me, I'll grant you leniency. Hey, I am, after all, a merciful man." Marcel proclaimed making Stefan and Jane-Anne scoff.

"Rot in hell, monster." Jane-Anne spat making the vampires go deathly silent as they saw her talk to their king in that way.

Marcel stared at Jane-Anne blankly for a second before a grin broke out on his face, "I'll tell you what, I'll give you one more chance." Saying this, he turned away from her as the crowd along with Niklaus and Stefan observed the scene keenly.

And before anyone could say or do anything, Marcel turned around swiftly and sliced open Jane-Anne's throat with the vine he was fiddling with earlier. Niklaus let out an angry breath as Stefan glared daggers at Marcel.

"Or not!" Marcel smirked.

The crowd continued cheering and praising their king when Stefan dashed forward and placed a hand on Marcel's shoulder, roughly turning him around.

"What was that?" He snapped.

"Hey!" Marcel jerked his hand off of his shoulder but cooled down when he saw Niklaus staring at him with anger, waiting for him to answer Stefan's question.

"Come walk with me," Marcel said placing his hand around Niklaus' shoulder, as the two walked ahead with Stefan in tow.

"Witches aren't allowed to do magic here. She broke the rules." Marcel pronounced out gently as he stood in front of the two angry vampires.

"I told you we wanted to talk to her." Stefan spat angrily.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I got caught up in the show." Marcel apologized, "Those witches, they think that they have power in this town. I have to show them, they don't. I never waste an opportunity for a show of force. Another lesson I learned from you." Marcel explained.

"Yeah, you've clearly taken all his lessons the wrong way. But, oh well, who cares right?" Stefan jabbed with sarcasm dripping from his tone making Marcel glare at him.

"And besides, anything you could've gotten out of her, I can find out for you. And I will, I promise." Marcel offered.

Niklaus thought for a moment about his words. Could he really trust him about his best friend's safety? And also about whatever it was that Jane-Anne had on him. After a moment's thought, he knew that he shouldn't.

"Whatever it was doesn't matter anymore, does it?" Niklaus said with a smirk making Marcel nod as he chuckled. Stefan subtly motioned Niklaus that he did the right thing.

"Well then, let's eat! Cause all the spilled blood makes me hungry!" Saying this Marcel walked off.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Niklaus muttered to Stefan before an idea popped into the vampire's head when he saw one of Marcel's minions walking by.

He walked over to him and stopped him by placing a hand on his chest, "Thierry, isn't it?" He asked as the day-walker nodded.

"Any more Deveraux witches, where she came from?"

⚜⚜⚜

Sophie was chopping vegetables in the kitchen, at Rousseau's, as she shed tears at the loss of her elder sister. She heard a whoosh of air causing her to turn around only to find Niklaus and Stefan staring at her with knowing smirks.

"You're Klaus," Sophie stated with fear and nervousness running wild in her veins. "And you–"

"No one you need to know about," Stefan spoke cutting her off.

"And you're upset." Niklaus acknowledged.

"I assume it's because of what we witnessed with your sister at the corner of Royal and St. Ann," Stefan added making Sophie look away before she smiled at them sarcastically.

"Did you enjoy the show?" She quipped, hiding her pain.

"Ah, boring. Well, considering I was never a fan of theatre. What do you think, Nik?" Stefan asked turning to his friend.

"Well, it was a little melodramatic for my tastes." Niklaus stated before his facial expressions turned serious again, "What did your sister want with me? Why did Marcel kill her?" He enquired.

Sophie opened her mouth to answer when her eyes fell on two vampires sitting at the bar, clearly listening in on their conversation.

"I see you brought friends." She tilted her head in the direction of the vampires causing Niklaus and Stefan to look at them.

"They're not with us," Niklaus stated.

"They're with Marcel. That's all that matters." Sophie enunciated, "I know you built this town but this is his town now. He killed my sister because she broke the rules. So I talk to you in front of them, I'm next." She added making Niklaus let out a low growl as he and Stefan walked over to the two vampires.

Niklaus grabbed them both by their shoulders, as his fingers dug into their muscles. The two tried their hardest to not cause a scene as Stefan casually stood at the side with a death glare intact on his face.

"Are you two gentlemen following me?" Niklaus asked viciously.

"Marcel said we're your guides." One of them spoke, which was obviously a lie.

"Oh he did, did he?" Niklaus asked with a sweet grin as Stefan moved forward to look them in the eye.

"Let me be exceedingly clear about something. If we find either of you following us again, you'd do so without the benefit of a spine." Niklaus grabbed the back of their necks tightly as the two nodded with fear.

Their conversation stopped as Camille came to assist them with a bright smile on her face, "Sorry for the wait. If you're here for the Gumbo, I'm about to break your heart. We just ran out." She stated, looking apologetically at the four of them.

Niklaus took out a hundred dollar note from his pocket before slapping it on the counter, "Your oldest scotch for my two friends here, love."

Camille picked up a note as her smile widened before she sauntered off to bring their order.

"Marcel wants to know what I'm up to, he can ask me himself." Saying this, Niklaus left the two vampires roughly as he and Stefan strolled out of the bar.

Sophie, who had witnessed all of that let out a sigh as she walked out of the bar with the back exit where there were a lot of candles placed on a table. She went and stood in front of it.

"Okay, Jane-Anne, you got me into this mess. Help me out of it." She prayed with a heavy voice as she lit one of the candles.

Suddenly, the door to the exit slammed shut, causing her to turn around swiftly. Then she swiveled again because of a whooshing sound before hearing someone jump behind her. 

When she turned to look again, one of the vampires who were following Niklaus stood there. He looked at her intensely.

"The doors work, you know." Sophie stated with a deep frown.

"You doing magic?" Said a voice from behind her. She found him to be the other vampire from inside.

"I'm praying to my dead sister. Go ahead. Pay your respects." She shrieked, as she gestured to the candles in front of her.

"Don't make this a thing, Sophie." The first vampire stated coming to stand closer to her, "The hybrid was looking for Jane-Anne—Marcel wants to know why."

"Oh, that sounds like witch business. I'd say, ask her yourself but I guess you can't seeing as Marcel killed her." She ranted bitterly before turning around. 

The vampire started to attack her from behind before he disappeared. She looked around with fear as the second vampire glance around as well.

They heard a soft splat causing them to look downwards to a ripped out heart still oozing blood. The vampire stared at it angrily but before he could do anything he was sent flying to a nearby wall where a stake embedded itself in his heart, causing his instant death.

Sophie glanced around before gasping softly when she saw Elijah straightening his suit as Kol stood leaned on a wall.

"I'm Kol, he's Elijah." Kol introduced.

"Heard of us?" Elijah asked looking at her with a slight smirk. Sophie nodded at the Mikaelson brothers nervously.

"So why don't you tell me what business your family has with my brother?" Elijah enquired in an eerily calm tone.

⚜⚜⚜

Isabelle glared daggers into the witches who had abducted them as Hayley woke up after another sleeping spell they had put her under.

"AGAIN?" Hayley shrieked as she woke up with a groan, realizing that the witches had once again put her down.

 Isabelle's face carried no emotions as she formulated a plan for them to escape. 

And seeing as all the previous ones failed, she knew she'd have to be extra cautious this time because it was a matter of her best friend's child.

At this point, how she wished she had her angelic abilities. She would've taught them a lesson all their ancestors would have remembered.

She was also angry at the fact that the witches had done so much under Marcel's nose and he still was nowhere near helping her out. Guess that's what she got for giving her trust out on a whim.

"What the hell do they want with us, Izzy?" Hayley groaned as she sat up and leaned her head back on the wall.

"Trust me, I would do anything to get that answer." Isabelle breathed out, "Fucking hate witches!"

"Once I get out of here, I swear I'm gonna kick their ass up to the moon!" Hayley vexed making Isabelle groan.

"Trust me, they'd see hell for this. And if I had my powers with me, I would have killed them the most gruesome way possible." She stated viciously.

"I don't doubt your abilities, girl!" Hayley muttered before the two heard Sophie Deveraux calling for them.

With an angry sigh, Isabelle got up along with Hayley as the two walked out of the crypt.

"Sophie, why don't you go fuck yourself with a sword? Maybe it'd get your brain at the right position." Isabelle chided as she looked up only to find the chocolate orbs of her mate. 

Her breathing hitched in her throat, as did his as the two of them just stood there staring at each other.

When Kol had told Elijah of Isabelle going off the radar in the Crescent City, all his blood had dried up. 

He knew that the supernatural faction of New Orleans was a force to be reckoned with and his worry for the love of his life knew no bounds. 

Now that she was standing in front of him, he couldn't actually express his relief.

Isabelle felt like her body had just been charged as wild electricity rushed through her bones. 

He felt his blood pumping fervently in his veins as he gazed at the woman of his dreams standing in front of him. 

They couldn't decide how to react as a million emotions traveled through their eyes at the same time.

All the witches just stared between the two with questioning stares. The two just seemed to be frozen on spot. 

Hayley looked at them with admiration in her eyes because she knew who he was and what he was to Isabelle. 

The two mates were meeting after so long that she could clearly see the longing in each of their eyes. Kol, on the other hand just watched at the two with a huge grin on his face. He was glad that they were reunited.

"Well, you two clearly know each other," Sophie said meaningfully, thus breaking their moment as they both turned to the witch, before Isabelle noticed Kol's presence beside Elijah. 

Hayley face-palmed herself as she let out a groan.

"You had to spoil their moment, Sophie!" She shrieked causing Sophie to roll her eyes at the wolf.

"Cockblock!" Kol muttered, earning a pointed look from Elijah.

"Give us a moment, please," Elijah said in an authoritative timbre causing all witches to saunter off as the four of them went back in the crypt the witches were keeping Hayley and Isabelle in.

"Took you two long enough," Isabelle muttered after staring at Elijah for another minute before huffing as she went to sit on a nearby bench. 

Elijah looked at her longingly before he sighed, turning his gaze away. He was a long way from earning her forgiveness and the Princess of hell was not gonna make things easy for him. 

Hayley and Kol shared helpless looks as they saw how deeply the doppelganger wench had destroyed the couple's relationship.

"How the hell did they manage to keep you in their control?" Kol spoke out to Isabelle, as he wondered why hadn't she used her magic to free herself yet. Elijah too stared at his mate, questioningly.

Isabelle sighed, "I don't have access to my magic for the next six months." She started telling them about her conundrum regarding the Doomsday.

"Then what are you for the next six months, if not an angel?" Elijah asked in confusion.

Isabelle gave out a sly grin before her face morphed into that of a vampire's as black veins came down her eyes and her teeth bared fangs. 

Elijah just stared at her in wonder as his heart skipped a beat which was clearly heard by his mate making her smirk meaningfully as he diverted his gaze from her with slight heat rising up his neck.

"Holy shit, you're a vampire!" Kol shrieked making Isabelle chuckle as he successfully diverted her from teasing Elijah further.

"Yeah, I can probably go feeding with you now!" Isabelle offered making Kol fist pump excitedly. She shook her head at his antics as she let out a hearty laugh.

Elijah just stared at her laughing face for a moment. 

He missed having her in front of himself, every day that they were apart and now that she was in front of him, all he wanted was to take her in his arms and just hold on until the end of the world, if only he could. If only he could tell her how sorry he was and if only she would listen. 

But for now, he knew other matters required his immediate attention, like the fact that Hayley was carrying his brother's child in her womb. A child that could become his brother's eternal happiness. And no matter at what cost, Elijah knew that he was going to protect it.

"So, have they been holding you here against your will?" He asked as he looked at the two women. Isabelle scoffed.

"You think?" She quipped sarcastically, the thought of the witches once again fueling her anger.

"They lured us out to the bayou and grabbed us. They did all these weird, witchy tests." Hayley spoke up ignoring Isabelle's comment, "Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children!" She stated with a horrified expression.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible, darling," Kol spoke softly as Hayley looked at the Mikaelson brothers expectantly.

"In the beginning, our family was human, a thousand years now." Elijah began reciting their story, "Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were largely just a family trying to survive at a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And for better or worse, we were happy." He told them with a distant look in his eyes as he remembered the old days from when they were nothing but mere humans.

"That is however, until one night, our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat. Men that could transform themselves into wolves during the full moon." Kol continued with remorse clear in his voice as he remembered the devastating death of his younger brother. 

Isabelle gently squeezed his hand from where she was sitting. Kol smiled sadly at her.

"Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger." Elijah continued on as Isabelle let out a silent groan at Mikael's reference. 

She loathed him with passion and he was lucky that he hadn't had an encounter with her. Or else he would have known hell like nothing else.

"Thus, the first vampires were born. But with this speed, this strength, this immortality, came a terrible hunger. And no one felt this more than Nik. So, when he killed for the first time, we knew what he truly was. He wasn't just a vampire..." Kol stated as he looked at Hayley intently.

"He was also a werewolf." She breathed out in realization, "That is how the werewolf curse works, it isn't activated until you take a life."

"Niklaus was a result of an indiscretion our mother had hidden from us all. An affair with a werewolf-like yourself." Elijah informed sending Isabelle deep in thoughts of how Niklaus always suffered for a sin that his mother committed. 

He went through so much and none of it that he deserved. Isabelle hated Esther and Mikael for making their son feel that way.

"Infuriated by this, my father forced our mother to cast a spell that would suppress Klaus' werewolf side. Denying him of any connection to his true self." He concluded.

"Your dad was a dick," Hayley stated flatly causing Kol and Elijah to look at her amused.

"No respect for his wife, no love for his children and a huge ass ego. A pompous dick indeed!" Isabelle jabbed causing the Mikaelson brothers to chuckle as Elijah shook his head.

"I'm Hayley, by the way." She introduced as she looked at the two brothers in front of her. "You should probably know my name if you're gonna tell me your whole life story. I mean, I know yours. Your family is legendary and your brother is a notorious psycho, who I slept with. Classic me!" She ranted causing Isabelle to break into laughter as Kol chuckled along.

"Well, I cannot excuse his behavior but you must understand, when our father hunted him–hunted us, for centuries, every time we found a moment of happiness–we were forced to flee. Even here, in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all. Not long after Niklaus broke the spell which prevented him from becoming a hybrid, he defeated our father. I thought this would make him happy, but even with all of our support, he just couldn't find it in himself to let go of the past." Elijah spoke with a slight sadness in his voice, with which both Isabelle and Kol agreed, "I wonder if perhaps this baby might be a way for him to truly be happy again." He spoke out causing Isabelle to ponder over his words.

Coming to think of it, she realized that this child was the key to Niklaus' freedom from the prison he had always trapped himself in. 

His cycle of fear and paranoia could only end when he realizes that there does exist someone greater and much more precious in his life. 

This child, it could change so much for the Mikaelson family. This was their hope. Thousand years of suffering was now going to end because this child will be their redemption. 

And Isabelle was going to make sure with her life that the child is born and is always happy and healthy.

"A Mikaelson Miracle baby, well all that is fine but I'm not going to change baby diapers." Kol said breaking up the tense atmosphere as Elijah scoffed and Isabelle and Hayley giggled at the image of Kol dealing with dirty diapers.

"Not to break this family moment, but we need your help." Came Sophie's irritating voice as she entered the crypt. Isabelle rolled her eyes.

"Here she comes–Sophie the teenage witch!" She scoffed causing Sophie to clench her jaw before she looked at the Mikaelson brothers.

"What precisely is it that you want and what does it have to do with these young women?" Elijah inquired as Isabelle observed Sophie to find any signs of weakness. 

She concluded that either she had nothing to lose or she was just pretending really good. Because she did seem to have a fail-proof plan to make the Originals follow her commands.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him. He won't see the betrayal coming." Sophie spelled out.

"Yes, well one problem with your master plan, witchy—Nik doesn't like being told what to do." Isabelle stated with a bored expression. Sophie smiled slightly.

"That is why they're here." She said pointing to the two Mikaelson brothers who exchanged amused glances.

"Marcel drove the werewolves out of town, decades ago. Do you really think he's going to welcome a hybrid baby to the neighborhood? Convince Klaus to help us and no one has to know about the newest member of the Original family." Sophie warned causing Kol to scoff.

"And there she goes blackmailing not one but two Originals into doing her bidding." He jabbed, "Come on, witchy you make Damon Salvatore sound intelligent." Isabelle chuckled as Sophie's jaw clenched but she ignored the vampire's words.

"Like I said, I'm desperate." She stated, making Isabelle scoff.

Elijah stood there for a moment before saying, "Well then, we have our work cut out for us, don't we?"

⚜⚜⚜

Niklaus and Stefan stood in a gallery after Marcel left them to talk to the bartender from Rousseau's. Niklaus was uncharacteristically quiet which irked the Salvatore.

"What are you thinking, Nik?" He asked softly.

"I'm worried about Izzy. She doesn't have her access to magic right now and I am afraid for what condition she might be in." Niklaus said as he continued to stare at nothing in particular. 

Isabelle had already told him and Stefan about the Doomsday which was why the two knew how dangerous situations could turn for her.

Suddenly a whoosh of air was heard, making the presence of company known.

"Evening, Elijah. Kol." Niklaus greeted as Stefan turned to look at the Mikaelson brothers.

"Niklaus, Stefan." Elijah greeted back.

"You need to come with us, Nik," Kol said as he looked at them urgently.

"I'm not going anywhere until I find out who's conspiring against me and where Izzy is," Niklaus said grumpily. Stefan stood his ground as well.

"I believe I just found that out for you." Elijah enunciated, causing Stefan and Niklaus to look at him with wide eyes before the eldest Mikaelson gestured them to follow him.

The four of them sped all the way to the cemetery, where Sophie Deveraux stood at the entrance to invite the two in.

"Sophie Deveraux. What is this?" Niklaus asked as the four of then made their way inside the cemetery.

"He's all yours. Proceed." Elijah spoke authoritatively as Niklaus and Stefan looked at Sophie with their faces morphed into confusion.

"You know you're famous in this town? Witches tell bedtime stories about the powerful vampire Klaus." Sophie informed making Niklaus wear an amused smirk. Stefan rolled his eyes. His patience was wearing off by the second.

"Ya ya, now can you tell us what the fuck is it that you want with my friend?" Stefan demanded.

"We know Marcel was nothing but an orphaned street rat until you made him what he is." She continued on, "And now, he's out of control. He does what he wants, he kills who he wants." She said with remorse before Stefan let out an exhausted breath.

"Yeah, he's the boogie man! We get it. What's your point, Soph?" He asked irritatedly.

"I'm gonna stop him and you're gonna help me." She said with determination, causing Niklaus to look at her for a moment before he burst out laughing. Stefan shook his head. This was a waste of time.

"This is why you brought me here?" Niklaus said turning to his brothers.

"Hear her out, Nik." Kol urged.

"I don't need to hear her out!" He said turning to look at Sophie, "I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time!" He ranted making Kol face-palm himself.

"Spoke too soon, brother." He muttered.

Not giving a heed to his younger brother, Niklaus turned to Elijah, "Elijah, what madness is this?" He asked.

"Klaus." Came a voice from behind him, causing him to turn around only to find Hayley standing there, "You need to listen to them." She said in a hushed tone.

Niklaus looked at her and chuckled, "You're all out of your minds if you think that some liquor fueled one-night stand, no offense sweetheart, means a thing to me!" He declared making Kol roll his eyes. 

Stefan stared at Hayley intently, trying to figure out as to what in hell she was doing here.

"Mhm, very charming, Nik." Isabelle's voice broke the silence as she came walking into the mausoleum only to stand beside Hayley. 

Niklaus and Stefan's eyes widened when they saw their best friend. Without wasting a single more second, Niklaus rushed towards her and brought her close to his chest. 

She smiled before relaxing in his embrace. Elijah stared at the two with a tiniest speck of jealousy in his heart for being the only one who couldn't hug her. He grumbled lowly before he looked away like an upset child, stupid doppelganger! He thought.

"Don't ever do this to me again, Izzy. I was so worried for you." He said breathing in her scent. She smiled in his chest.

"Hey! You weren't the only one worried." Stefan said smacking Niklaus on his head before taking Isabelle in for a hug of his own. The two were really glad to have finally found her.

"What the hell did they do to you?" Niklaus asked with a low growl as Isabelle and Stefan broke apart. Isabelle stared at the witches who had fear on their faces before she scoffed.

"That's not important. But what Sophie, here has to tell you, is." Isabelle said gesturing her best friend to hear her out. Niklaus didn't leave Isabelle's side as she waited for Sophie to continue.

"Marcel may be able to keep us from performing real magic in this town. But as keepers of balance, we still know when nature has cooked up something new." Sophie stated with a slight smirk, "For example, I have a special gift of sensing when a girl is pregnant."

Niklaus' color faded from his face as he turned to look at Isabelle, "YOU'RE PREGNANT? Who the hell did you sleep with?" He yelled in shock making Isabelle slap her hand on her forehead. 

Elijah almost felt like punching himself at his brother's stupidity and Kol just stood there with a blank face as he imagined scenarios to kick Niklaus' ass. Stefan though looked at Isabelle with the same questioning expression as Niklaus.

"I'm a vampire, Niklaus. How the fuck can I get pregnant!? Hayley is the pregnant one here." Isabelle spoke out in irritation and the minute her words left her mouth, the wheels in Stefan's head started running as he finally realized what everyone was trying to convey for so long.

"OH HELL NO!" He yelled.

"What are you saying?" Niklaus asked in a serious monotone, ignoring Stefan's break down.

"Niklaus." Elijah said gaining his brother's attention, "The girl is carrying your child." He spelled out making Niklaus stare at Hayley with wide eyes.

"No! It's impossible." He said taking a few steps back.

"Vampires can't procreate." He stated again as he couldn't even begin to believe what his brother and best friend were trying to convey to him.

"But werewolves can? Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf." Kol explained.

"You're the Original hybrid. The first of your kind. And this pregnancy, is just one of nature's loopholes." Sophie concluded. Finally explaining everything to the hybrid.

Niklaus pondered over their words before a growl erupted from his throat as he turned to look at Hayley with accusatory eyes.

"You've been with someone else, ADMIT IT!" He yelled bolting towards her before Isabelle and Elijah pushed him back.

"Hey! I've spent days held captive in a freakin' alligator bayou because they think I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up, if it wasn't yours?" Hayley snapped angrily, earning a smirk and appreciative looks from Stefan, Kol and Isabelle. Elijah tried his hardest to hide his smirk.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell that we needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." Sophie affirmed making Isabelle growl at her angrily as Stefan glared daggers in her skull. 

Both Mikaelsons just continued to stare at Niklaus for any kind of signs that he might actually want this baby.

"Wait, what?" Hayley gasped at her words.

"Enough, of this!" Elijah snapped, "If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." He said urgently causing Isabelle to look at him with a pointed glare.

"You would do no such thing, Elijah." She almost growled making him look at her with confusion. Why was she so angry about killing Marcel? He thought.

"No, we can't. Not yet. We have a clear plan and there are rules." Sophie warned making Isabelle face-palm herself.

"Now you've woken up the Devil." She muttered just as Niklaus turned to look at the witch with a murderous expression, just as Isabelle had expected.

"How dare you command me?" Niklaus asked in a threatening tone, "Threaten me! With what you perceive to be my weaknesses? I won't hear any more lies!" Niklaus said throwing his hands in the air, angrily before he turned around to walk out.

"Niklaus." Elijah's voice stopped him as he slowly looked at him, "Listen." Elijah said softly.

Focusing his supernatural hearing, Niklaus turned around to look at Hayley's abdomen as she placed her hand protectively over it. 

Only after a second or two, Niklaus could hear the faintest thumping of a heart. He kept staring at her abdomen as his eyes widened when he heard the heart beating. 

His child's heart

Niklaus almost felt overwhelmed by the realization that he was going to have a baby. His heir. His successor. His legacy.

He looked up to meet Hayley's eyes as slight tears gathered up in his own. 

Isabelle could see his resolve bending for the child. She could see his hard exterior breaking and the joy of becoming a father taking place on his face.

But before anyone could even say or do anything, all signs of emotions vanished from his face and he turned around to look at Sophie and his brother's with a blank face.

"Kill her, and the baby. What do I care?" Saying this, he left the mausoleum.

"God damn it!" Isabelle shrieked.

"He was so close to finding his happiness." Stefan spoke up sadly.

"No one touches either of them. I'll fix this." Elijah said as he turned to go behind Niklaus.

"Kol, come with me. Stefan, stay here." He ordered making them both follow immediately as the two Mikaelsons left and the witches left the three supernaturals alone.

"He'll never agree to this." Hayley muttered as the three of them took seats on the floor.

"Mama bears aren't supposed to be so pessimistic, Hayley." Stefan chirped making Hayley roll her eyes as she smiled.

"He's right, besides, I know my asshat of a best friend. He won't be able to walk away from this." Isabelle assured softly, giving a squeeze to the wolf's hand.

"And Hayley, this child is going to be the most spoiled kid on this planet. Because the Mikaelson family is huge!" Stefan warned playfully making her giggle.

He knew how difficult it was for her to accept all this. First becoming a mother and then knowing that it's not just a normal child, it's the Mikaelsons' legacy. 

The child who would change this world for better or worse. And being a mother to such a special kid must be overwhelming. 

Especially when the father was acting like a dick right now. 

Just like Isabelle, Stefan too knew that he'd do everything he could to protect his best friend's child and it's mother. From this day on, Hayley was the top priority for him and he was going to do all that he was meant to.

"Hey, do Bekars and Jer know about this?" Isabelle asked after a while. 

"No, Nik said all of us were already here. We didn't have to spoil their vacation. We'd call them when we need them." Stefan explained making Isabelle nod before the witches came back inside. Isabelle groaned.

"What? Come to irritate us with your nagging voices again?" Hayley voiced making the witches glare at her.

"Don't forget we control your life, girl." An elderly witch stated. She was Agnes, as far as Isabelle could tell.

"Hey! She's pregnant and hormonal. And right now, stuck in a damp crypt. She has earned being bitchy!" Stefan quipped making Agnes roll her eyes as Hayley and Isabelle snickered.

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie told Agnes, continuing their discussion from outside.

"And the solution is to bring in more, vampires?" Agnes asked making scoffs erupt from Stefan and Isabelle's mouths.

"You do have brains, witchy. I knew you weren't as dumb as my ex." Stefan stated, reminding her of their previous conversation.

"These aren't just any vampires. They're the Originals." Sophie reasoned.

"All the fucking more reason why you shouldn't have messed with them." Isabelle grumbled.

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" Agnes questioned when Isabelle smelled the intoxicating scent of her mate.

"She can't." Came Elijah's velvety calm voice as everyone turned to look at the Original who stood leaning by the entrance of the mausoleum as the moonlight made his high cheekbones look all the more stunning whilst Isabelle tried to control her rapid heartbeat. 

"I'm not certain that I can, either." He said walking inside the mausoleum with sharp steps, like when a lion walks slowly towards his prey. 

Isabelle bit her lip at how sinfully gorgeous her mate looked. Elijah smirked slightly as he met her gaze for a moment before she rolled her eyes and looked away making him grin slightly.

"But now, that your coven has drawn his ire. I have a question." He continued as Kol came inside the crypt, behind his elder brother.

"What prevents my brother from murdering you, instead of cooperating?" He asked intently with authority clear in his voice as Isabelle checked him out openly which made it almost impossible for the Original to concentrate on what he came to do in the first place.

"Well, come on witchy. Answer." Kol stated impatiently.

Sophie walked over to a wall and picked up a bundle of twigs. She pulled one out as she showed it to them all before she plucked her hand with it, drawing blood.

Hayley felt a stab in her hand as she hissed loudly, before staring at her hand which was oozing blood from the exact position that Sophie had stabbed herself. Isabelle growled when she saw the connection.

"What the hell?" Hayley breathed out.

"You're so dead." Isabelle glowered with anger in her eyes as her vampire face appeared and she took a few steps forward in anger before Elijah calmly slid behind her and placed a hand on her elbow to stop her from doing something she'd would have regretted, "Calm down, Isa. We're the ones at a loss here." He spoke quietly in her ear as his nose brushed against her earlobe making her weak in her knees, but keeping up her anger, she roughly thrashed her arm out of Elijah's grip and took a step away from him as she continued to glare at the witches coldly. Sophie took in a fearful breath.

"The spell my sister performed? The one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything happens to me, happens to her." Sophie warned making Isabelle's anger reach it's peak as Stefan glared at her and Kol silently growled.

"Which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it means to you all already. So if I have to hurt Hayley—or worse—to ensure that I have your attention, I will." Sophie informed.

"You'd dare threaten an Original." Elijah mocked as he suppressed his inner anger.

"I have nothing to lose." Sophie said in a steel voice. Elijah looked at her with all seriousness again.

"These are MY people, you tryna mess with here. What the fuck makes you think I'm gonna let you walk off so easily?" Isabelle growled.

"Well, the fact that you can't harm me? And the fact that if you hurt one of MY people, your best friend's child won't live another second?" Sophie chided making Isabelle's anger reach it's peak as Isabelle sped to stand in front of her in a flash.

"My hands might be tied right now, and I may not be able to do anything. But mark my words, witchy, I'm gonna find a way around this and once I do, just pray that you and your companions better run far far away from me." She snarled as she looked straight into her eyes.

The resolve in her eyes made Sophie's heart pump with fear but knowing that the vampire couldn't do anything and also because Sophie had no clue of Isabelle's real identity, Sophie ignored her warning as she turned to look at Elijah and Kol.

"You have until midnight to convince Klaus to change his mind." Sophie voiced.

"I would need Isabelle to do that task," Elijah informed flatly causing Isabelle to look at him in confusion.

"What makes you think that we'll let our leverage go?" Sabine, one of the witches, challenged.

"Bitch, you really don't know who you're talking to," Isabelle muttered in anger. How she wished she could show them their place right now.

"You want my brother's acceptance, Isabelle is the only one who can convince him," Elijah informed glibly.

"But I'm not leaving Hayley here." Isabelle said warily staring at the witches, "And definitely not to come with you." She snapped at Elijah making him roll his eyes.

"I'll stay with her, along with Stefan. Go get Nik." Kol stated as he placed a hand on the noirette's shoulder.

Isabelle huffed in anger as she stared at her Parabatai helplessly who almost had a smirk forming on his face.

"If anything happens to her, I swear Marcel will the least of your problems," Isabelle warned Sophie, making her gulp.

The two mates walked out of the mausoleum before Elijah came to a stop in front of her, offering her a hand as a smirk adorned his face. Oh how much she wished to punch it off.

"Shall we?"

⚜⚜⚜

Niklaus had nothing but anger and frustration on his mind as he entered the compound with his face morphed into a murderous expression. Marcel's eyes fell on him, the minute the hybrid walked in. Marcel strolled towards him with a bright smile.

"Hey man, where'd you run off to?" He asked.

"You mean your minions aren't still documenting my every move?" Niklaus snapped.

"Oh, someone put you in the mood!" Marcel acknowledged, "What can I do?" He asked.

"What you can do is, tell me what this thing is that you have with the witches," Niklaus demanded.

"We're back to that?" Marcel chastised.

"Yeah, we're back to that!" Niklaus accepted in an angry tone.

"You know I owe you everything I got. But I'm afraid I have to draw a line on this one. This is my business. I control the witches in my town. Let's just leave it at that." Marcel tried to reason as he internally wished for Isabelle to be there, knowing how deep the hybrid's friendship ran with her.

"Your town?" Niklaus jabbed.

"Damn straight!"

Niklaus chuckled, "That's funny. Because when I left, a hundred years ago, you were just a pathetic little scrapper still trembling from the lashes of those who'd keep you down. And look at you now, master of your domain. Prince of the city." Niklaus berated, "I'd like to know how."

"Why? Jealous?" Marcel jested with a smirk, "Hey man, I get it. Three hundred years ago, you helped build a backwater penal colony into something. You started it, but then you left. Actually, you ran from it. I saw it through. Look around." Marcel stated with an exaggerated hand gesture, "Vampires rule this city now. We don't have to hide in the shadows like rats. The locals know their place, they look the other way. I got rid of the werewolves. I even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood never stops flowing and the party never ends. You wanna pass on through? You wanna stay awhile? Great. What's mine is yours? But it is mine. My town, my family. My rules!" Marcel yelled angrily.

"And if someone breaks those rules?" Niklaus challenged.

"They die." Marcel snarled, "Mercy is for the weak. You taught me that too. And I'm not the prince of the Quarter, friend. I'm the KING. Show me some respect." Marcel shouted making Niklaus stare at him for a moment before he turned around and bit into the neck of one of Marcel's day walkers, viciously. Thierry's yell got mixed with a lot of gasps that escaped the rest of the vampires. Marcel stared at Niklaus with anger on his face.

Leaving Thierry, Niklaus turned around with blood dripping down his chin, "Your friend will be dead by the weekend. Which means, I've broken one of your rules. And yet, I cannot be killed." Niklaus said smirking, "I am immortal." He muttered smirking.  "Who has the power now, friend?"

Saying this, Niklaus walked out of the compound as Isabelle and Elijah who were standing up in one of the balconies, exchanged concerned looks.

Niklaus was walking aimlessly when he came across a group of musicians and artists. For a second the hailstorm of thoughts going on in his head calmed down as his eyes fell on the angry artist who seemed to be pouring out all of his emotions in his painting. Niklaus found himself relating to him.

He looked around only to find the blonde bartender standing a bit farther, as she continued to stare at the artist whilst he poured out his pain. A soft smile came onto his lips when he saw her and couldn't stop his feet as they stalked up to her.

Camille turned around when she sensed presence beside her, she smiled widely when she saw Niklaus.

"The hundred dollar guy." She greeted playfully.

"The brave bartender." He smiled as he looked down to her name tag.

"Camille." He spelled it out on his tongue, "It's a French name." He acknowledged.

"It's a grandma's name." She said with a roll of her blue eyes, "Call me Cami." She suggested.

"Amazing, isn't he?" Camille asked, gesturing towards the artist.

"Do you paint?" He inquired softly making her smile.

"No, but I admire." Niklaus chuckled at her answer.

"Every artist has a story, you know." She said in a gentle timbre as he looked at her questioningly.

"And what do you suppose his story is?" He demanded making her go deep in thoughts.

"He's, angry. Dark. Doesn't feel safe and doesn't know what to do about it." She began speaking as Niklaus started seeing images of himself in the artist, "Wishes he could control his demons instead of having his demons control him. He's lost. Alone." She concluded as a layer of gloss covered Niklaus' eyes.

"Or maybe he just drank too much tonight." She stated with a shake of her head. "Sorry, over-zealous. Psych major." She informed sheepishly.

"I think you were probably right the first time." Niklaus stated before speeding off into the night, grabbing a bottle from a nearby table. Camille stared around for him in confusion.

⚜⚜⚜

Isabelle and Elijah were outside Rousseau's as they were now going to talk to Marcel to give Jane-Anne's body back because according to Niklaus' present mood, they weren't going to convince him anytime soon. Which was why, Elijah had suggested a negotiation with the witches and Marcel.

"You find him, and then you call me. Don't worry, I know how to deal with Klaus." They heard Marcel say on call as Elijah walked in ahead with Isabelle right behind him.

"Is that so? Please elaborate." Elijah said in his calm accent, not giving anything away. Marcel stared at him intently.

"Elijah Mikaelson." He greeted and the minute his words left his mouth, his vampires stood up in defense listening to the last name.

"No no, I got it. It's all cool." Marcel ordered them.

"Marcie." Isabelle spoke coming in, as Marcel looked at her with wide eyes.

Before Elijah could say anything, Marcel rushed towards her and wrapped his arms around her as he held her closer to his chest. Isabelle soon entwined her hands around his neck and he closed his eyes in relief of finally seeing her.

"Oh my God, Rouge. I'm so glad you're alright." Marcel breathed in her hair as she nodded along.

Unknown to the pair, Elijah stood there, glaring daggers into Marcel's skull as he literally counted the seconds the two were hugging each other. 

Jealousy was not the Original's strong suit and lately, he had been feeling a lot of it, since his lady love was giving her time of the day to everyone but him.

"Where the hell did you disappear?" Marcel asked as the two pulled apart and she took a seat beside Marcel and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders to keep her close. 

Elijah clenched his jaw as his fists closed on their own accord as he stared at Marcel in anger. He let out a helpless breath.

"I..." She paused, choosing her words carefully, "I had some business with, Nik." She informed, not at all disclosing the fact that the witches were the ones who had abducted her. 

Because disclosing that fact could endanger the Mikaelson baby and no matter how good a friend Marcel was, she would never do anything that could possibly harm the child.

Marcel's face hardened, "So you were the one who brought him here." He accused making her look at him wide-eyed as he removed his arm from around her.

"I never thought you'd break our promise, Rouge." He said disappointed.

"Marcel, Niklaus will always matter more than anything to me. You should know this by now." She stated, by now realizing that because of the war she was walking into, she had to choose sides. And she knew which one needed her the most. 

Elijah refrained from smiling at the look on Marcel's face. Although, Elijah Mikaelson was far from a petty person but when it concerned Isabelle, he wouldn't care what he was called as long as she knew how much he loved her.

"Huh, why am I even surprised." Marcel scoffed before looking at the suited Original, "And what brings you here?"

"It's time we had a little chat." Elijah said in an arrogant tone which made Isabelle look at him intently.

 She so knew that the Original was dying to just take her in his arms. In reality, deep down she was feeling the same way but she was far from expressing it to his face.

"Well if you're gonna talk, talk. I have things to do." Marcel urged making Elijah raise an eyebrow.

"Oh my, you have grown quite confident over the last century, haven't you?" He quipped making Isabelle press her lips together to stop herself from chuckling. She loved Elijah's sassy side.

"Me? I'd say it's you and your brother who got cocky. Coming into my town like you own the place." Marcel denounced.

"They did own the place, Marcie." Isabelle said with a sweet smile making him roll his eyes.

"Oh no, you don't get to talk, Rouge. You broke my trust." He needled making her sigh heavily.

"Well, as she said we did own the place. We were all quite happy as I recall. Although we could never control those pesky witches at the French Quarter. How do you do it?" Elijah asked making Isabelle roll her eyes. Marcel would never tell him about Davina.

"Your brother asked me the same thing. I gave him the same answer. It's my business. Everything that happens in the Quarter is my business. Klaus comes into town, all nice and friendly then he starts looking down his nose at what I've done like it's some cheap knockoff of one of his dumb paintings. Then he gets pissed off like a little bitch and bites one of my guys." Marcel ranted making Isabelle yawn at the end.

"You got something to say?" He challenged her.

"Yes I do. Three things actually." She said leaning forward and staring straight into his eyes, "First, Niklaus' paintings aren't dumb. They're masterpieces. Second, he's not a bitch, he's a wolf. An alpha at that. And third, you are a mean ranter." She stated, making Elijah almost snicker as Marcel glared at her.

"And you are a mean opponent." He jabbed making her shrug.

"Told ya!" She sang.

"Alright, coming back to what we came here to do. I assume you know that the bite will kill your friend in a matter of days." Elijah pointed out, "Although, Niklaus' blood would cure him." He added lowly making Marcel's expressions change into surprise.

"What?" He asked as Elijah almost smirked at how quickly Marcel walked into his trap.

"Yes, apparently the blood of the hybrid will cure a werewolf bite. Quite a handy little thing when one needs leverage in a negotiation." Isabelle concluded with a smirk.

"What kind of negotiations we talking about?" Marcel asked intently.

"Return the body of the witch Jane-Anne. Allow her people to put her to rest." Elijah laid out.

"What do you care about the witches?" Marcel inquired making Elijah smirk.

"Well, that is my business now, isn't it?" Isabelle grinned at her smug mate.

⚜⚜⚜

Elijah and Isabelle walked towards the cemetery as Elijah carried Jane-Anne's body in his arms. He couldn't stop himself from asking the question that had been irking him ever since he saw Isabelle and Marcel.

"How do you know Marcel?" He demanded making her frown deeply.

"And what makes you think that I'm talking to you, Mr. Mikaelson?" She jabbed as her formal tone pierced his heart.

"Come on, Isa. At least talk to me? Please?" He almost begged making her regret the way she snapped at him. After all, he just needed her forgiveness.

"Well, I've been in the quarter for more than two weeks now. And because I'm a vampire, one of his day-walkers caught me feeding and then he tried to mess with me so you probably know that ended with his heart out of his chest. Then his vampires took me to him, he didn't try to kill me because the last time I was here, I saved someone close to him. So yeah, we were friends until now, because now I know that I have to be on this side of the war." She explained making him nod.

"So, it's just a friendship, then?" He asked again making her stop and look at him with a blank expression.

"Yeah, you don't get to be jealous." She stated as she started walking again. He shook his head.

"When are you gonna forgive me for a mistake that I had no control over?" He asked in a helpless tone.

"Well, you had no control over it, that is why I'm being civil right now. But forgiveness is earned, Mr. Mikaelson. A person who has seen more betrayals than an average person can imagine, I'm sure you know that I don't forgive and forget that easily." She spoke sternly before walking inside the cemetery. 

Elijah sighed in defeat before he walked in behind her. He had promised her that he would spend the rest of his life trying to earn her forgiveness and now that was what he was going to do.

"Klaus does not care about the child." The pair heard Agnes speak as they entered the mausoleum. Hayley, Stefan, and Kol seemed to have been shifted into another crypt.

"I do," Elijah spoke gaining all of their attention, as Sophie got up seeing him carry Jane-Anne's body. "And I bring proof of my intent to help you. The body of your fallen friend which we procured from Marcel himself. May she be granted peace." Elijah said putting Jane's body down on the ground, "Klaus will agree to your terms. We just need some more time." He demanded.

"You had your time. It's passed." Agnes reminded glibly.

"Shut up, Agnes." Sabine snapped as she and Sophie stared at Isabelle and Elijah.

"For now, accept the deal. The girl and her child remain unharmed. Or Klaus will kill you all." Saying this, the mates started to walk out of the mausoleum before Isabelle turned back around.

"And we will help him." She affirmed.

The couple now walked down the streets as they searched for Niklaus. It was high time that the hybrid took responsibility for his baby and now no matter what, the two were going to make sure that Niklaus accepts this change.

"What are you thinking?" Isabelle asked softly as she noticed her mate deep in thought. He looked down at her and smiled slightly.

"Just the fact that how our lives have turned. I mean, I never expected that I would get to see this day when I would find out that my brother was going to have a child. That there will one day come this little bundle of happiness who'd erase every pain that our family ever suffered." He said with a soft smile. Isabelle smiled back, keeping aside all her anger for the moment.

"That is life, Elijah. And I knew that someday you all will realize that this is it. That a thousand years of pain, a thousand years of suffering, it was all worth it. And I'm glad to see the happiness in your eyes because I can't even imagine how happy Niklaus will be once he comes to terms with the fact that he is going to be a father." She stated, making him nod, as she tried to not let her face show what was going on in her head.

After Isabelle had found out about Elijah being her Parabatai, she had done her research and found out everything she needed to know about the bond. Including the fact, that once the mark is complete, the two will be able to have their own children. She was overjoyed when she read about having a family with Elijah. She couldn't even begin explaining the warmth and happiness she felt but there was always a shadow of pain which she felt when she thought about him being with Katherine. The mere thought gashed at her heart over and over again.

Right now what she wanted to say was that she couldn't even imagine Elijah's happiness when the two of them will have their first child. She was excited about that fact but she knew that she and Elijah had to be in a better place than they were right now, to discuss this information.

 The couple walked around aimlessly when they smelt Niklaus' scent. The two exchanged urgent glances as they sped in the direction it was coming from.

Niklaus was drinking from a bottle, trying to down his turmoil when he heard the whooshing sounds of air, indicating the presence of his brother and Isabelle.

"Have I not made clear, my desire to be left alone." Niklaus grumbled making Isabelle roll her eyes.

"Oh you demand to be left alone once a decade, brother. Your words have ceased to have an impact." Elijah quipped.

Angrily, Niklaus threw the bottle of scotch on the ground, thus breaking it, "Why must you keep harping on about the baby. The child will never be born. In fact, Hayley is probably dead already." He rambled making Elijah's anger reach its peak.

"Nik you–"

But before Isabelle could continue her words, Elijah sped forward and held him by the neck on a nearby wall.

"You will not walk away from this!" Elijah yelled in his face as Niklaus tried to free himself.

"Let me go." Niklaus warned but Elijah just tightened his grip.

Isabelle stared at the two brothers helplessly. This shouldn't be the way they should do things.

"No!" Elijah held him down when Niklaus tried to fight him, "I WILL NOT!" He yelled as he tightened his grip further and threw his brother in a stack of wooden crates.

"Don't make me say it again." Niklaus said as he tried to get up.

"I will not let go." Elijah uttered before he picked Niklaus by his neck and held him in a choke-hold, "I will never let go." He vexed angrily.

Niklaus let out a growl before he sent his brother flying to an iron fence. Elijah's back collided with it before he fell down. Isabelle gasped, as she tried to think of something to stop the brothers from fighting.

Elijah got up frequently and freed an iron rod from the fence as he started stalking up to Niklaus with it in his hand. Isabelle feared what was to come.

"Even if I have to spend eternity, saving you from your own stubborn, petulant, vile self." Elijah jabbed as he hit Niklaus with the rod, "If I have to beat you as father used to beat you, to remind you of your own humanity." He stated before hitting Niklaus again. Isabelle stared at the two in anger because she hated seeing what was happening.

"To care about anything," Elijah goes in for a hit again, but this time Niklaus grabbed the rod and swung it and before it could hit Elijah, Isabelle's grunt caused both brothers to look alarmed as Niklaus turned around only to find the rod embedded in Isabelle's abdomen. Niklaus gasped as Elijah looked at her with worry.

Isabelle glared at the two brothers heatedly as she yanked the rod out of her body before watching her wound heal itself.

"You both owe me a new outfit." She snapped angrily.

"You are beyond pathetic, Elijah." Niklaus stated, with a sigh as the three of them took seats on a nearby bench.

"Well who is more pathetic, the one who sees hope to make his family whole or the coward who only sees the world through his own fear?" Elijah asked as he checked if the wound on Isabelle's abdomen had been healed completely or not, that was before Isabelle stepped away from him again.

"I haven't cared about a thing in centuries. Why on earth do you?" Niklaus demanded.

"I find that hard to believe. You care about Isa, don't you? And Lexi, Stefan, Rebekah, Kol, Finn, Jeremy? You do care brother. So don't try to make me believe otherwise." Elijah stated making Isabelle wrap her arm around Niklaus' shoulder.

"Nik, you'd be a good father." She said softly. She knew what was troubling the hybrids mind the most and she also knew that he did care about his own baby.

"What if I turn into Mikael?" He spoke with fear as he looked at Elijah and Isabelle with glossy eyes.

"Hey, listen to me, kiddo. You are nothing like him. His perspective of you is nothing but a mad man's words. And you and him shouldn't even be compared in the same sentence." She assured placing her palm on his cheek.

"Niklaus, the first time Mikael laid a hand on you, I should have struck him dead. But I didn't and that has been my deepest regret for a millennium. I failed you. But I'm not going to fail this child. Your child. I made a promise to you. Always and Forever. Family above all. And I will stand by it, till my last, dying breath." Elijah spoke softly, his accent calm, his voice velvety. It  somehow calmed Isabelle's senses after so many days of chaos.

"This town was my home once. And in my absence, Marcel has gotten everything I ever wanted—Power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I want it back. I want to be King." Niklaus spoke with determination as he looked at the two intently.

"Is that all this child means to you? A grab for power?" Isabelle asked after a moment.

"What does it mean to you?" Niklaus inquired.

"I think this child could offer you the one thing you never believed you had." She replied softly.

"And what is that?"

"The unconditional love of family." She answered with a smile as Elijah stared at her proudly.

After a few moments of silence, Niklaus looked at Elijah, "Tell Sophie Deveraux we have a deal."

⚜⚜⚜

It was morning now as Elijah helped Isabelle set up a bedroom for herself in the plantation house. For the past four hours, the two of them along with Stefan had cleaned up the giant Mikaelson plantation house so that it could be fit for Hayley's stay. She was the most important member of the Mikaelson family right now.

Isabelle had suggested that they all stayed at her place in the Quarter but Niklaus had denied the idea saying that Hayley needed to stay away from the Quarter because werewolves had been banned by Marcel.

"Huh, now I just have to get my belongings." She huffed as she and Elijah were finally done with her room and the two walked out together.

"You want me to come get them for you?" Elijah offered.

"No. I'll get them myself." She said flatly making him nod.

The two entered the parlor as they saw Hayley coughing as she and Stefan removed the sheets from the furniture. It kinda irked the noirette that she hadn't seen Kol since the minute they came there. But then she brushed it off thinking that he might have gone out or something.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asked in concern.

"Just dust." Hayley replied with a soft smile.

Isabelle looked at the two with a sly grin as she saw a bond blooming between them.  Elijah saw her face and tried not to chuckle as he realized that her wing-woman on a mission was on.

"Well, this should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter." Elijah informed as he and Isabelle started cleaning again. This was the last room that needed setting up.

"Right now, you're the most important person in the family, Hayls. You need a good home." Isabelle said with a gentle smile as she placed her hand on Hayley's shoulder.

"So, I'm curious, in all this time has anyone asked you how you feel?" Stefan chirped, looking at her with a wide grin.

"About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one night stand?" Hayley blurted making Isabelle snicker as Stefan shook his head.

"I think he meant about being a mother." Elijah cleared up, hiding his smile.

Hayley stared down for a moment, "I...I was abandoned when I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second I turned into a wolf." She answered as the three of them looked at her sadly, "So, I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I never really had a good one."

"We will always protect you. You have my word on that." Elijah vowed as he spoke for everyone in the Mikaelson family. He knew that no matter what, Hayley would never feel alone or alienated.

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word." Niklaus stated as he stood leaned by the doorway.

"Is it done?" Isabelle asked referring to the fact that she and Elijah had formulated a plan to send Niklaus to save Thierry by offering his blood. So that by now, he could gain Marcel's trust which was a key element in all the future endeavors of their quest to take over the city.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man Thierry yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter." Niklaus stated making Elijah and Isabelle gain satisfactory glances.

"Although, I do have concerns for the impudent witches." Niklaus expressed.

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Hayley to me. Though they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why." Elijah voiced out sending Isabelle into a debate of her own.

She thought about telling the Mikaelsons about Davina and the whole story about why exactly the witches want Marcel. But then she decided against it because she considered Davina like her own child and she wouldn't do anything to hamper her safety no matter whose side she was on.

"Izzy?" Niklaus' voice broke her from her thoughts as she looked up to meet his eyes.

"Why don't you take Stefan and gather up your belongings from your home in the Quarter while we formulate a further plan?" Niklaus suggested making her nod as she and Stefan left the room along with Hayley who walked up to the room that was supposed to be her bedroom.

Elijah and Niklaus walked into their study, "In addition to the secret weapon he uses to control the witches, Marcel has assembled a small army of vampires. Working together, we could destroy them from the inside." Elijah stated.

"Where's Kol?" He asked looking at Niklaus questioningly.

"He's running some errands for me." Niklaus replied as he poured out a drink for himself, "Although, in my desire to reclaim this town, to steal from Marcel that which he holds most dear, I have realized one massive vulnerability. One weakness that Marcel could exploit." Niklaus informed coming to stand in front of his brother.

"And what is that?" Elijah questioned.

"You." Saying this, Niklaus plunged the dagger in his brother's heart as Elijah's body slowly began to desiccate.

"Forgive me, my brothers. This had to be done." Niklaus stated as he laid his brother's body down on the floor.

 Just outside the plantation, Isabelle felt a gashing ache in her chest which made her stop in her tracks as she tried to massage over her sternum. Stefan looked at her worriedly.

"Are you alright, Izzy?" He questioned making her grunt before the pain subsided into a minor pressure on her chest as she took a relaxing breath and nodded. 

"Yeah, it's probably nothing." She stated as, inside the house, Elijah's body desiccated completely.

❇❇❇❇

BAM! FIRST PART IS DONE.

Niklaus turning Lexi! How did you find that part? On the show they never showed how she was turned, so I thought I would write it here. By the way this happens just before the Mikaelson family moves to New Orleans.

Stefan and Niklaus out on a mission? Yupp definitely my favourite boys.

Ha! Stefan's jab about Elena. It was hilarious. I just couldn't stop myself.

Marcel is alive? Dun dun dun. What's gonna happen now?

Jane-Anne's execution. Epic! But seems like Stefan hates being in this city. How you gonna tolerate for the next few years, my boiiiii.

Elijah and Kol's entry! Ha! I loved it. And the best part is that I'm gonna enjoy writing about Kol in season 1 so much.

Isabelle and Hayley tryna escape? Oops, sorry Iz. You got no powers.

Isabelle's quips are so epic! I really love them.

Honestly, I wish I could've been able to write a better Elisabelle reunion. But, let's find out how our noble Mikaelson would earn her forgiveness.

Mikael is a POMPOUS DICK!

Klizzy and Stebelle bonding time! Yayyy!

Oops, the secret's out Nik. You gonna be papa.

Yupp, if he accepted things the first time then why would his reputation be so bad huh?

Stefan and Hayley interaction! Oh my god, I totally loved it. Hayles the mama bear! What do you guys make of their bond? What do you think will happen?

Okay, Soph. You have officially messed with the Queen now. Trust me she's gonna come to collect and you're really not gonna like how.

Niklaus and his toxic hybrid teeth! Ha! Suck it up Marcie.

That Marcie and Rouge hug! Oh my god. This is like global news now that Isabelle gives THE. BEST. HUGS.

Aww my baby Elijah. You jelly? Don't worry, your Queen won't leave you for anyone but she sure as hell loves torturing you!

I love how smug Elijah is! Ha! It's so turning on.

Elisabelle can have children of their own!!! That was honestly the BEST part!

Okay, time to beat the crap out of Nikki.

Uh-oh, Isabelle's hurt now. Yeah, bitch, you owe her many many outfits.

I so love Nik, Izzy and Elijah scenes. They're just heart warming to write.

Uh-oh Nik, you didn't have to dagger your brothers you smug ass. Now you wait until my Queen gets this news. You're G.O.N.E. And what pain do you think Isabelle felt? Well, let's leave it a suspense for the coming chapters.

Anyhow, what do you all think? This chapter marks the beginning of TO. And by the way, this was looooonnnggggg, like 15k+ words long.

And I'm guessing that this is how long the next chapters are gonna be. But oh well, I'm so excited.

And by the way, I had to write about the doomsday because Isabelle is an all powerful character and it would have created many loopholes in the plot if I had left her powers intact. So yeah. Let's see when she gets her powers back.

Drop your views in the comments and don't forget to vote. The more you vote, the faster you'll get updates.

Love, Devu. 

P.s. This is an edited part and now I will post twice every week. I have made an updating schedule so, new chapters of The Queen will come your way on every Friday evening and Monday morning. Have a good read!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644K 16.7K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
231K 8.7K 24
โ˜ฝ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง โ˜พ ...
1.1M 40.7K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...
949 31 14
Faith Mikaelson has suffered through a lot with the loss of her mother, Hayley Marshall, and her father, Klaus Mikaelson. She has grieved and is stil...