Am I good enough for you?

Por pepsi-colas

Anna could simply not give a fuck. In everything she does she really doesn't give a fuck. One day she gets tr... Mais

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

157 1 0
Por pepsi-colas

Anna's POV
Tuesday, April 27,1965
I woke up without anyone coming into my room to tell me to. So I started to get ready for school.

I went into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth and wash my face. I grabbed what I thought was a flat iron and started to flat iron my hair and comb it out.

I walked back into my room and started to pick out an outfit for the day that wouldn't get me sent home.

I decided to wear heels and black tights with the outfit too so that I don't look like a total nun.

I don't know why they feel to make us wear skirts that are so damn long like do they think that boys are gonna see our ankles and nut immediately on the spot??

When I finished setting up my outfit I sat down at the vanity and started doing my makeup again.

Celia then came into my room to check and see if I was awake.

"We're leaving in 20 minutes" she announced and then left.

I walked down the stairs to the smell of French toast and bacon. Her mom really did know how to cook.

"Good Morning Anna." Ella greeted me.

"You look stylish today." She complimented me.

"Thank you."

Her mom came around and brought plates of food for the both of us and our lunches.

After a couple of minutes of eating, I grabbed my plate and washed it in the sink and waited for Celia to be done.

When Celia was done she handed me my lunch and I grabbed my backpack and we left.

Everything was the same when we arrived to school, the kids were hanging out in their respected groups and everything was segregated.

"I'm gonna go get Anna's schedule see you at lunch." Celia announced and her friends just nodded and went back to their conversation.

We walked through the doors of the school and down the halls until we were at the front office again.

"Hi Mrs. Joy, I'm back. I think my mom dropped off Anna's records yesterday, do you have her schedule?" Celia announced to the lady.

"Oh yes she did, and yes I do have her schedule I'll be right back." The lady announced and then left for a while.

"Are you nervous?" Celia asked me.

"Nah not really." That was a half lie.

"Listen I know you're not used to this greaser soc thing but you'll understand once you see it for yourself." Celia explained to me.

She seemed worried for me and I know she wanted to protect me but this whole clique thing seemed dumb as hell to me.

The lady came back just as the first bell rang.

"Here you go Ms. Anna, I can walk you to your first period and then you can figure the rest out." The lady smiled and handed me my schedule.

1. English
2. Math
3. Chemistry
4. Art
Lunch
5. History
6. P.E
7. Theatre

Ew I still have to take P.E.

"I'll meet you outside the art room then we can walk to lunch is that okay?" Celia asked me and I nodded.
Celia then walked to her first period.

"You ready Anna?" Mrs. Joy asked me and I nodded. We left the front office and she walked me down some long hallways until we were outside a classroom. My heart was beating so fast even though I have nothing to be afraid of.

"You're gonna love Mrs. Smith" Mrs. Joy announced to me before opening the door and guiding me inside.

"Mrs. Smith, you have a new student." She announced and the teacher turned around from the chalkboard and looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Well hello, what's your name?"

"Anna." I responded

"I'm Mrs. Smith." She held out her hand for me to shake and I shook it.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" She suggested and my heart stopped.

I think the fuck not but I didn't say that.

I turned my head to scan the classroom and all I saw were looks of hatred from those soc kids and those greasers kids.

"Hi, uh I'm Anna and I like to read." That was a big ass lie.

I scanned the classroom again and my eyes landed on a kid I must of missed before. He looked different. Instead of the look of hatred in his eyes, he had a neutral reaction to me. Something about him was more innocent and adorable than the other greasers. He was really cute and we started staring at each other admiring each other's features. When I looked at him I felt protected from the aura he gave off. It felt like the world had paused and only the two of us were in the classroom.

"Well thank you Anna you can sit down over there." Mrs. Smith interrupted us and she pointed at an empty desk in the middle row of the classroom. I bit my lip and gave him one last glance before sitting down in the seat she assigned me.

Perfect, right in the middle of some racist ass greasers or whatever the fuck they're called

"Alright class we're gonna start reading the Great Gatsby." Mrs. Smith announced and started passing out books.

~time skip to the end of 1st period~
The bell for second period rang and I was packing up my stuff when Mrs. Smith came over to me.

"Sweetheart I know today's your first day, but next time don't wear so much make up and have your hair be a natural color." She warned me.

Uh okay sexist ass bitch fuck you too.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I apologized and put on the fakest innocent voice I could pull off.

"It's okay now go to class before you're late on your first day."

This dumbass bitch really told me to not wear so much makeup? Excuse me but I do whatever the fuck I want hoe.

~time skip to 4th period~
The only decent class I've had so far was English but math and chemistry are the worst classes I've ever been in. Like I actually have to do work now instead of using the internet. I was pretty excited for Art and I barely found it because of how far away it was from most of the other classrooms.

When I walked in, there was almost no one in there. Not a lot of people liked art I guess. After I introduced myself to the teacher, he just told me that everyone was working on their own projects and that I can just start on anything I wanted to. By far, he was the nicest teacher I had.

I was starting on a self portrait when the door opened. I looked up and it was the same kid from my English class.

"Late again Johnny?" The teacher asked the kid.

He scratched the back of his neck and shyly responded.

"Sorry, Mr. Johnson, it won't happen again." He responded.

The boy then turned around and started walking to a desk across the room. I got a better look at him this time and I noticed he had a scar on his cheek and his eyes reminded me of a small puppy. He's so cute and adorable to me and I felt safe around him. We locked eyes again and he kind of panicked but I kept my calm by smirking and winking at him and then continued to work on my project.

______________________
Celia met me after art ended outside the classroom.

"Hey you ready to go?" Celia asked me

"Yeah let's go" I responded

We walked to my locker and grabbed my lunch and we walked into the cafeteria to our table.

Kim, Michelle, and Lisa were already sitting there.

"Hey Anna, how has your day been so far?" Kim asked me.

"It's been pretty much shit so far except for art." I responded.

"H-How come?" Michelle asked me.

"It's just harder than I remembered it to be, also I didn't do any work when I was at my old school either." I laughed it off.

"Well maybe that's why you don't understand- ah!" Celia screamed as someone came up behind her and wrapped their arms around her.

She turned around and there was a smile on her face as she looked at the person who wrapped their arms around her.

"George don't scare me like that!" Celia whined and hit the guy she was talking to.

"But I love seeing your reaction." The boy responded and kissed Celia.

We all just sat there watching them and Kim made a gagging sound.

"Kim why do you have to be so annoying?" The boy asked.

"Because seeing my brother and best friend kiss makes me sick." Kim responded quickly.

They rolled their eyes and just kissed again to piss her off.

"Anna, this is my boyfriend George and also Kim's brother." Celia introduced me to the boy and I gave him a small wave.

"Nice to meet you grape." George said to me and shook my hand.

"Grape?"

"Because your hair's purple."

"Actually, I'm gonna call you grape for now on." He announced.

I rolled my eyes and then more people came to the table.

It was Lisa's boyfriend Patrick, Kim's "boyfriend" David, and Michelle's crush Robbie.

I say boyfriend in quotes because she friend zones him all the time but she enjoys the attention.

Then, I felt someone sit down next to me and I looked and it was some random boy.

"I don't believe we've met yet, what's your name?" The boy politely asked me.

"I'm Anna."

"I'm Michael."

We shook hands and then started talking.

-bell rings-

"I'll see you later Anna."

I nodded and then Celia walked me to my History class.

When I walked in, it was full of those preppy white kids. I looked around the room and I was also the only black person.

Great I'm the only black person in the room to talk about the racist ass history of America.

"Ah! Hello you must be Anna." The teacher announced.

I nodded my head and he started talking again.

"You can sit anywhere-"

"She can sit next me Mr. Adam" A perky fake voice announced.

I looked at who was the source of the voice and it was that bitch who "bumped" into me yesterday.

"Oh okay, sit next to Deborah." The teacher announced and I really didn't want to but I hesitantly walked over to the seat that was right next to her in the middle of the room and next to some boy.

"Will you remind me of your name again, I don't believe we have met?"

"Anna" I muttered and didn't make eye contact with her.

"Well Anna," she said with disgust in her tone, "If you stick by me you'll be just fine in this school."

I turned to look at her like she was fucking stupid(and she is) and she had a giant smirk on her face like she was planning all the shit she was gonna do to torment me.

I just rolled my eyes and turned my head to the front of the room and everyone who was staring at me pretended that they've been looking at the front of the class the whole time.

"Alright everyone let's stop staring at Anna and start for today on a new section, Reconstruction. era"

Fuck

"In these next couple of weeks, I'm gonna go at a faster pace than usual and try to finish up to more recent history. So, we're gonna do a couple of group projects but I'll go into more detail about that later. For right now, we're gonna start the new section."

The class started having their own conversations about the idea of group projects but all I could think about was how terrible these kids were gonna treat me.

"It's the year 1865, The Civil War has ended which ended over 200 years of slavery, and Abraham Lincoln had been assassinated." Mr. Adam started.

I cringed at the mention of slavery and I felt the eyes of all the kids in class but I just sat there unbothered.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

The only class I have with Celia is P.E and so we were in the locker room changing.

"This is probably the worst class of the day." Celia announced as we changed.

"Yeah I don't know how running a mile will ever help me in the real world." I stated as I was putting my hair up and looking in the mirror.

As I was finishing putting up my hair someone "bumped" into me.

I looked at who bumped into me and it was Deborah and some of her friends.

"Oops sorry, looks like we can't stop bumping into each other can we." She faked laughed.

"You mean you can't stop bumping into me." I corrected her.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Celia cringing and pretending that she wasn't paying attention.

My response must have pissed her off because she got angry.

"Well, you should watch where you're going." She demanded.

"I mean should I? Seeing how this is the second time you've bumped into me so you should probably get your eyes checked." I told her sarcastically.

She thought about what she was going to say next and was about to yell at me but she changed her attitude by putting fake smile on.

"Since this is only your first day, I'll leave you alone for now." She giggled and I walked away before she could do anything else to me.

Celia and I walked out of the locker room and went to wait on the bleachers for everyone else and the gym teacher.

"You should be careful of Deborah and her friends Anna." Celia warned me in a serious tone.

"Why? She doesn't scare me." I told her and laughed.

"I know you find this whole soc greaser a drag but her boyfriend is the richest person in this whole school."

"Okay and? Aren't all those little white kids rich though?" I asked her

"They are, but her boyfriend's father is a corrupt judge. Which means all those little rich kids can get off scot-free because his father is the judge in all of those cases."

"That also means anything you do to Deborah, he will do worse than that."

"Don't worry I'll be okay. I'll just carry a switchblade to defend myself." I sarcastically told her and started laughing my ass off.

She just glared at me and gave up trying to warn me.

///////////////////////////////////////////////
After gym I had to go to theatre. Maybe theatre could make up for the shitty day I had today. Kim also had this class which excited me. When I walked into the auditorium with Kim the whole stage was full of equipment for a play.

"They're preparing for Bye Bye Birdie." Kim told me as I stared at the stage.

"The fuck is a bye bye birdie?" I asked her.

She just laughed and said
"The spring play they're putting on this weekend."

I nodded my head and she led me to the theater director who was carrying a clipboard.

"Mrs. Cooper, this is Anna, and today's her first day." She announced to the stressed out lady.

"Hi, just work with Kim for now I'll figure out something for you when we're done with the play." She anxiously told me.

Kim just led me backstage to where the stage crew was hanging out.

"So I was assigned to be on costumes and makeup, so if you know how to do makeup decently then this is gonna be real easy." Kim explained to me.

I also noticed that none of the actors were black so the director lady purposefully put the white people in all the main roles. 

"So they really put all of us on stage crew huh?" I asked her.

"Yup ain't that some bullshit." Kim sighed.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

After a long ass 7 or 8 hours, the school day is finally over.  Not gonna lie it was probably the craziest first day I've ever experienced. Not even my first day of freshman year was this crazy. The worst part about today was that I had to pee all fucking day and I was too scared to use the bathroom so I just waited till the end of the day when everyone was gone.

"Celia I have to pee can you wait outside for me?" I asked Celia and the group as we were walking outside.

"Hurry up." She then motioned me to the bathroom.

I quickly ran over to the bathroom and used it and washed my hands.

When I left the bathroom, I went to my locker to grab what I needed for homework tonight and was walking towards the front doors of the school.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone, sending all of my papers flying. I was about to be really pissed off, but then I looked down and saw it was the boy with the puppy dog eyes frantically trying to pick up my papers.

"S-Sorry, gosh I s-sure d-didn't mean to do that-" The boy apologized and started rambling.

I bent down, and picked up my papers and organized it into the correct classes.

"No, it's fine don't worry about it." I told him as I took the papers from his hands as he continued to hurriedly gather up my papers.

"I-It's my fault, why do I have to be so clumsy?" He talked to himself.

He seemed really stressed out over these dumb ass papers when it's not that serious.

"It's no big deal, it's just homework I'm not gonna do" I laughed softly before making a glance at him. He was staring at me but quickly looked away blushing a deep red.

He muttered and rambled some more before I decided to reach over the papers and grab his hand.

"Hey, look at me" I told him and he stopped for a moment and stared into my eyes.

I stared into his deep brown eyes and I felt as if I was in another world. They made me feel vulnerable, yet protected.

"JOHNNY!"

"ANNA!"

Two voices yelled before we quickly split apart. I looked at the source of the other voice and it was a greaser from my U.S History class, with dark brown hair and eyes.

I gathered all my papers and shoved them all into my backpack quickly and Celia and I walked out of the entrance doors of the school. We met up with Kim, Michelle and Lisa who were also waiting for us.

"Girl, what were you doing for all that time?" Michelle asked me.

Before I could answer, Celia interrupted me.

"She was talking to some white boy."

I rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't talking to him in a conversation, we just bumped into each other." I explained quickly.

"Uh huh sure, first it's gonna be a simple conversation and soon enough you'll be his girl." Kim teased.

"Don't worry about that I think he'll just use his switchblade to keep me away." I sarcastically replied.

They all sighed at my joke and then we just walked home to Celia's house.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

"Honestly, chemistry can suck my dick." I stated as I laid back on Celia's bed.

We've been doing the homework for like an hour and it's so bad. Celia glared at me while Kim and Lisa chuckled. Michelle sat there blushing.

"You're not gonna be saying that when you don't pass this year." Celia chuckled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anna we literally have 3 problems left just bare with me and then you can rant about it when you're done."

"Ugh"

_______________________________

We eventually finished our homework and Kim, Michelle, and Lisa went home.

Celia and I were laying on her bed talking.

"When did you and George start dating?" I asked her.

"We started going steady last year, but we have been friends since we were little." Celia responded with a smile on her face

"I wish someone could find me attractive like that." I laughed.

"What about Michael, y'all seemed to have somethin going on during lunch." Celia asked and sat up to look at me.

I sat up and looked at her.

"I don't know, he seems okay. I only talked to him for like 30 minutes." I responded.

"Is that so? you only met that little white boy you 'bumped into' for a minute do you like him better?" Celia smirked at me.

I felt my whole body get hotter and I couldn't answer her.

"I see what's going on here, you like white boys, specifically greasers huh?" she teased.

"No I don't! We just bumped into each other!" I yelled defensively

Celia held her hands up in defense and said "okay whatever you say, I don't judge, but I bet you in a month you'll be his girl."

"I don't even know his name how could I like him?" I asked.

"You don't believe in love at first sight?" Celia asked me

"No, and I'm done with this conversation goodnight." I announced and left her room.

When I went into my room I closed my door and started changing and getting ready for bed. I took my makeup off and wrapped my hair in a scarf.

I turned off the lights and got into bed.

All I could think about was the boy with the puppy dog eyes.

What is his name?

////////////////////////////////////////////

Y'all I know it's been a minute lmao but I had bad writers block for this story and I'm currently working on 4 other stories including the one I published already. Uhhh I'm probably not gonna publish anything for the preferences, smut book or imagines book for a while but if you want a request just pm me and I can try my best. But don't expect it to be up in like a week lmao. Anyways, here's the cast of some of the characters I added. I know they're not that developed but I needed names for some of the characters for everything to make sense to me and hopefully to you.

Keith Powers as Michael

Tidou M'Baye as George

I don't think I'm gonna cast the other guys yet because their role in the story is really minor and yeah sorry if it's a little confusing with all the names but yeah here ya go.

~Alyssa

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

442 34 14
(Outsiders FanFic) When Johnny died, Dally flew off to get himself killed, right? Well, what if instead of getting himself shot, Dally ran into a gir...
3.7K 89 20
This is the sequel to my story, The Curtis Sister Life | The Outsiders Fanfiction. Kat is now fifteen with so much more freedom, although things are...
9.8K 190 18
Bella James and Johnny Cade have been best friends throughout the worst of times to the greatest. They have shared amazing memories along the way. Pe...
108K 2K 30
[The timeline's a little botched] !!VIOLENCE!! {!COMPLETED!} Things quickly change for the highschoolers of Tulsa when Y/F/N, daughter of Robert Shep...