Something From Nothing

By Appleogies

"I don't care if you're a girl, a boy or a god damned gold fish. You're mine and that's all that matters to m... More

Something From Nothing
Prologue
Not So Inescapable
Screw You Moon Goddesses
Being Cuffed To A Bed Isn't As Kinky As I Thought
Modesty? What's That?
Reject Me
Battleaxe In Heels
The Wicked Bitch Of The West
Death By Castration
Operation Ignore Orders
Kids Quote Greek Philosophers Nowadays?
A Prince And His Prince
Nude In Front Of The Royals
Distracting The Distraction
Dislikes Include Being Polite and Heterosexual
I Like Your Crown
Mister Snuggles's Decapitation
It's The End Of The World, Woop-de-fucking-do
Highway To Heaven
Proficient Talent for Sucking Dick
Give Me My Body Back!
Goddesses Gift
Favourite By Default
No Questions, Just Hugs
Stop...And Submit
I Swear On A Stack Of Abs
A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Stay
Ruin Me
Fuck The Patriarchy
Man Up And Open Up
Unfuckingbelievable
Deus Ex Machina
The Abomination
Panicking Burns A Shit-ton of Calories
One Final Breath
Please
Shipping And Fanfiction
Time To Come Home
Home
Epilogue
EXTRA: It's Only Heaven When I'm With You
EXTRA: Until The Earth Crumbles To Dust And The Sun Dies

Gay And Directionally Challenged

25.9K 1.1K 425
By Appleogies

Achilles

The walk to wherever we were meeting the King was a long one. The house we were in was huge and I use the word house lightly, it was more of a palace than anything which would explain why the King himself was living here. Never-ending winding corridors spread out in every direction and red and purple colors seemed to line every hall. The carpets looked softer than I thought a carpet could be and there were various chandeliers and ornaments decorated throughout every area we passed.

Just as I was about to start complaining something caught my eye that had me straying away from the small girl in front of me. I took a quick left instead of going straight on like her.

"Where the hell are you going?" Mister Hetero yelled from behind me. I moved quickly letting my feet carry me so I could soothe my curiosity.

Just as I reached my destination a hand gripped my upper arm. A static-like sensation flooded up my bicep causing me to react impulsively. I maneuvered myself quickly so his arm was bent in an odd position forcing him to release me. "You really enjoy hurting me don't you?" He growled.

I grinned. "You always make it so easy."

My eyes strayed to the art in front of me. "This is a Degas," I muttered stepping back to get a better look at the framed piece.

It was one of his later pieces. The Swaying Dancer, originally known as Danseuses Basculant in French. Said to be drawn between 1877 and 1879, it was created in a period of impressionism and modern art. Degas had produced endless pictures of ballerinas with media such as paint and pastels during his career. It appeared to be a passion of his. This specific piece was made with pastel and gouache. It portrayed a group of ballet dancers during a performance. It was an amazing piece.

"You know your art." A voice spoke interrupting my thoughts.

I nodded, "I've seen a lot of it. Why do you have this? This is supposed to be in Madrid."

The Alpha nodded, his eyes drifting from me to Degas' work. "It was. Until two years ago it hung in the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid but we received it as a gift of appreciation after we helped them with a wolf problem they were having a few years ago."

I nodded again. Such a beautiful drawing locked in a palace where no one got to see it. I hoped these people here appreciated it.

"Dudes come on. The King awaits." The girl shouted from the other end of the hall that I had drifted down.

"You know maybe I could just stay here. I'd much rather stare at art than talk to the King."

The Alpha scoffed. "Come on Dickens. You can stare at it as long as you want later."

Snorting I followed him down the hall, shoving my hands into my pockets. "Bold of you to assume I'll still be alive later." We started walking back to wherever we were going, the girl staying a few feet ahead of us, trying not to seem like she was eavesdropping on every word we said. I stayed silent, refusing to give her the satisfaction.

We finally stepped into a huge hall but before I even started to appreciate the decor my eyes instinctively started searching out potential escape routes for if the King really did try to behead me or send me back to Last Rites.

There were three doors that I could see. The first was the one that we had just come through and I knew I wouldn't be taking that one as I didn't see an exit outside at any point during that ten-mile walk from Mister Hetero's room.

The second was at the opposite end of the huge room. About 50 feet away it was guarded by two heavily armed guards who watched me with blank expressions. I could probably get out that way if I tried but I feared the guns they had at their side were either pumped full of Ash metal or tranquilizer and I didn't want to go through that again.

The final door was stationed behind a large pillar that was so wide I doubt I'd be able to get my arms around it. I couldn't really see that door from my position in the room but from the looks of it, it appeared to lead further into the house that we were in and not to the outside.

There was however an open window a hundred or so yards from where I was. There was no one near it which meant that if I moved quickly enough I could probably exit that way. I didn't allow my gaze to linger too long there, not wanting to draw attention to my potential escape route.

A little more relaxed now that I had at least a chance of escape, my eyes roamed the actual room itself.

It was huge, like one of the medieval rooms to which royalty had held banquets and parties for all their courtiers. The floor was white marble and shiny enough that I could see my reflection in it. There were various pillars along the edges of the hall and each of them had different carvings in them, it seemed as if it was supposed to be carved like ivy, which crawled up the very top of each pillar. Lights were stuck to each wall that gave the room a bright luminescent glow.

My stare drifted upwards towards the ceiling and I couldn't stop the audible gasp that slipped past my lips. The entire ceiling was made of glass, allowing the perfect view of the night sky.

The dark night lay under a blanket of millions of bright stars, so bright that they could most likely illuminate the room by themselves. The milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, tugging at the corners of my lips in a way that almost made me smile. In the dead center of the sky, the full moon shone. The place was silvered and transformed by the light of the moon, which, at the full, hung like a great luminous pearl on the radiant breast of heaven.

I loved the night sky, the beauty of it was almost able to make me forget where I was. Almost.

"You must be the Wraith, I have heard so much about." The harsh voice that came from behind me knocked me back to my senses. I spun on my heel and faced King Jerimiah.

He appeared at the far end of the grand hall, in all his grandeur. A tailored black suit with a charming red tie. His chiseled jaw lifted with a proud, pleasant smile. A simple gold crown rested on his head, the jewels glinted in the light and stood out against his dark hair. Beside him was a beautiful woman. She too had black hair that fell down her back like an oil spill. Wearing a floral sundress and black ballet flats she appeared to be far younger than her age. However, the wrinkles around her mouth, and her eyes gave the true indication of how she wasn't as young as she appeared at first glance. A similar crown rested atop her head but it was styled like a magnificent tiara.

As they neared the entire room bowed low, enough so that it almost looked like they were on their knees. I smiled politely. "Excuse me for not bowing your majesties but I made a promise to myself long ago that I would never get on my knees for another Alpha again. So maybe a curtsey will do." I curtsied, my grin still in place.

I could practically feel people glaring holes into the back of my head. The two monarchs didn't seem fazed in the slightest, keeping their pleasant smiles as if that was all they knew how to do.

"You're a lot younger than I thought you'd be. How old are you?"

I shrugged shoving my hands back into my pockets. "I turned 17 last week," I paused, "Or I will turn seventeen next week, maybe the week after that. I don't actually remember. Sometime this month though. I think."

The Queen's eyes softened. "You don't remember when your birthday is dear?"

"I think that was pretty obvious your Majesty." There was a warning growl behind me. I didn't even acknowledge it. "So is this the part where you chop off my head?"

Both monarchs laughed, the sound booming through the hall. "Oh no. Not yet at least. Although I should, you have committed plenty of crimes punishable by death."

"Allegedly." I corrected. "I have allegedly committed those crimes." Another snort from behind me.

The King grinned, nodding. "You were caught trespassing on our land though. Which is how you ended up in Last Rites in the first place."

My grin fell to a frown. "I was locked up in Last Rites maximum security for trespassing? Jeez, the law really is unjust. To be honest, I didn't even know where I was going, I'm just gay and directionally challenged, so can you really blame me?"

"Yes." Both the King and Queen said, making me chuckle.

"Fair enough."

"You were put in Maximum security young Wraith because once we discovered who you were and we didn't want to take any chances." He gave me a quick once over. "Although we obviously didn't take enough precautions."

I grinned ruefully at him.

Everyone went silent for a moment then. I felt various stares on me from across the room, both monarchs were watching me too, the King specifically looking at the scar on my face. Just like with Mister Hetero I could see every question and thought flying behind his hazel eyes. Suddenly self-conscious I raised my hand and ran it through my hair, subtly brushing it in front of my right eye. The King seemed to get the hint and cleared his throat.

"I hope Logan treated you well these past couple of hours?" The Queen asked as she glanced over my shoulder. I thought back to barely an hour ago.

I chuckled. "Oh, he was an absolute delight."

"I can see that from the bruises on his neck." That had me turning around to glance at the man himself. It was true there were dark bruises where my hands had been and he tried and failed to hide them with the collar of his shirt.

"Foreplay?" I said but it came out more of a question. Both monarchs looked shocked. "I'm kidding. I know for a fact that Prince Logan Mercier III is one of the straightest males to ever walk this earth. "

"I thought you said you didn't know who I was," Logan said walking up beside his parents. I barely glanced at him.

"I said I didn't care to know who you were and I still don't."

Logan opened his mouth to speak but I cut him of getting tired of this small talk. "Look is there a reason I'm here? If you're not gonna chop my head off then can I leave?"

The King cleared his throat again. "I want to make a deal."

I eyed him suspiciously. "What kind of deal?"

"You stay here for the next two months. You can live here if you please and get to know my son, your mate, and live a normal life without fear of retribution." I stared at them for a moment trying to figure out if they were serious.

Realizing they were, a cynical laugh burst out of me. Bending over the waist I struggled to gain control of myself. I forced air into my lungs, waving my hands around wildly. "Oh, I never knew you had such a sense of humor sire. Ugh, that was funny." When I sobered fully I turned to face the three royals in front of me. "I'll put this simply. He is not my mate. I do not want a mate and I know that he doesn't want me as a mate either. I won't even mention the fact that I am a guy and he's not into that, I assume. Second of all why would I ever willingly stay here?"

The King looked me dead in the eye, no trace of humor on his face. "Because if you do I'll declare you innocent of all crimes." I froze. "Every bounty or 'alleged' crimes you have committed will be forgotten and you will get to be a free man. You'll get a fresh start." My eyes widened a faction.

I'd be free. No longer would I have people hunting me or will I have to constantly be on the run? I could go somewhere and start again. Be a new person. I could even leave the country if I wanted, go somewhere where nobody would know me.

Freedom was something that I had been chasing ever since I was young. For as long as I could remember I've always been hunted and hounded. Mainly because I really was a bastard and had caused a bit of trouble but also for reasons unknown to even me. With this type of freedom the King was offering I wouldn't have to live life always looking over my shoulder and what a relief that would be.

There is a chance he could be lying. A voice, I liked to call common sense, inside me echoed. Although I was excited about the thought of freedom, I had my reservations. There was always the chance that he would keep me here for two months and then just as I think I'm free he rips that away like a cruel vicious joke. I wouldn't be surprised, after all, I always expected the worst-case scenario so I wouldn't be disappointed and could prepare for when the shit hits the fan.

I lifted my chin and met the King's stare. "And if I say no?"

"If you say no then you can walk out of here right now." He took a step forward standing toe to toe with me. He was a couple of inches shorter than me but he held an aura of power around him that demanded I submit. "You can walk out of here but the minute your footsteps over the threshold of the grounds then my men will hunt you down for the rest of your life. And when they find you because they will, you'll be dragged back to Last Rites where you'll be put into the deepest darkest cell we have and I'll make sure you never see natural light ever again."

I blinked.

The dark undertone of his voice was cold and calculating but that only made me smile. "Oh good. I was wondering when your Alpha side would rear its ugly head."

The King had been quite calm and polite during our conversation but I knew sooner or later he would try to express his dominance over me. They always did.

He growled once and my own wolf surfaced to return his growl with one of my own. A lesser wolf would have backed off, offered their throat as a sign of submission but I had never done that and would never, even to the King Of Wolves himself.

Taking a step back the King smirked. "A stubborn little thing aren't you?" He hummed. "So do you accept my deal?"

He asked it as if he was giving me a choice. "I have conditions of my own," I replied.

He raised an eyebrow before gesturing me to continue. "You or any of your men never and I repeat never cuff me or use tranquilizers on me again."

"That depends on if you behave."

"Me? Behave? Always. I'm an angel."

The three royal all snorted in unison. "Then what do you call breaking the law?"

"A hobby," I said before I could stop myself. Another silence settles over us. I was quick to correct myself. "That I do not partake in. Ever."

"Uh-huh." He exasperated. "Any other conditions?"

"I get the rucksack back that your men took off me when they arrested me."

"Done." He said.

"And make this a blood deal." This earned me a chuckle.

"You don't trust my word?"

"No," I stated plainly.

The King watched and I met his gaze. He sighed but relented. Gesturing towards one of the guards, they stepped forward and offered a thin blade to which he sliced a thin line down his forearm quickly and held it out in front of him, the blood slowly dripping onto the white marble floor. "I King Jerimiah Mercier swear that if you stay for two months without causing much disruption I will make sure every file and crime you have-"

"Allegedly," I interrupted.

He nodded. "I'll make sure any crime you may have allegedly committed will be forgiven. You will be allowed to live in this country freely or anywhere else you wish to go."

Someone quickly handed him a handkerchief which he held against his skin, pointlessly. It would heal within moments anyway. "Happy now?"

With a grin, I held out my hand and the King shook it. "Pleasure doing business with you your majesty."

"Good. Well, Alison will show you to one of the guest room and then we can discuss where you'll be staying for the next couple full moons."

The girl from earlier stepped beside me and smiled politely. "Shall we?"

I simply nodded. Alison bowed to the Royals and I curtsied before I followed the small girl to wherever she was taking me.

I glanced over my shoulder and my eyes met those of the Prince. His dark stare met my green ones and I winked at him before disappearing down the corridor we were walking down before.

Alison and I didn't speak which I was grateful for as I could barely a form functional thought at this point. She showed me to my room fairly quickly. I thanked her before I, as politely as possible might I add, slammed the door in her face.

Sliding down the door, I rubbed my hands over my face. God, what have I got myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 167K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
350K 13.9K 44
Worlds collide when Elliot Lockwood, an Omega werewolf, moves into a different pack at 17. Born of warrior parents, he was raised to believe his bree...
161K 5.2K 23
Evan Blake was a quiet werewolf, not because he was shy or nervous but because he preferred to observe. It may sound weird but he was the type, alway...
172K 6.7K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...