33194 || The Promised Neverla...

By Hangeee-chan

Lorraine is basically the best prodigy that the Grace Field produce, she's a fast learner and quick to unders... More

Author's Note
Prologue
•• 1 ••
•• 2 ••
•• 3 ••
•• 5 ••
•• 6 ••
•• 7 ••
•• 8 ••
•• 9 ••
•• 10 ••
•• 11 ••
•• 12 ••
•• 13 ••
•• 14 ••
•• 15 ••
•• 16 ••
•• 17 ••
•• 18 ••
•• 19 ••
•• 20 ••
Hello!
•• 21 ••
•• 22 ••
•• 23 ••
•• 24 ••
•• 25 ••
•• 1 ••
•• 2 ••
•• 3 ••
•• 4 ••
•• 5 ••

•• 4 ••

7.4K 251 298
By Hangeee-chan

(A/N)

  Reminder that there are currently 38 kids in the Grace Field House because Conny was shipped out. Enjoy reading.

~~~~~~~

Lorraine's POV

  I'm happy that I can now move my feet, I can now walk without getting dizzy or needing a support. I jumped from my bed and fixed the bedsheet of the clinic room. I need to ask Norman and Emma if they have finished making ropes for everyone. I also wonder if they're deciding if they'll tell Ray about the secret.

"Good morning, Lorraine!" Norman greeted me as I walk down our dining hall, I smiled to him and hug him from the back.

"I missed you and Emma! I missed playing with everyone!" I said, mom noticed us and smiled.

"Young and sweet kids." Her lips formed the sentence, I know that it might be weird but I can read the lip of a speaking person, I know that it'll be helpful soon.

"C'mon, let's go out the house after eating, Emma and I will show something to you." Norman said excitedly, I nodded my head before sitting beside him.

  After finishing our tasty foods, I rest for a bit then helped our siblings to clean the table and plates, after that, we all went to the classroom to have our test. Like everyday, Norman, Emma, Ray and I got perfect scores but mom wasn't looking at me today, she was looking at Norman!

 She's thinking of shipping Norman out!

I gritted my teeth as my knuckles turn white from clenching them so tight, I won't forgive her if she'll ship Norman away! I won't let her do that! I will do everything to stop her, I will do everything for Norman and our siblings!

"Are you okay?" I felt a tap from my shoulder and when I looked up, I saw Anna, she was looking at me with her curious eyes, her hair was braided as always showing me her I.D. number, 48194.

"I am fine." I told her and smiled, she just nodded her head before she was pulled by the kids outside the house.

"Lorraine! let's go." Norman called me and hold my hand, I look at our hands and smiled, his hand is bigger than mine and soft.

"We gotta find Ray." Emma said beside me, we all went out the classroom and look for Ray outside the house.

  As we went out the house, the sight of our siblings playing around is very precious to me, it makes me want to protect them forever. If only I was stronger and smarter, I could beat mom and the way demons think, I could save us all here together with Emma and Norman. We can all build a paradise for us children.

Emma, who was guiding us to the forest stopped in front a tree and climb up on it until she reached a certain hole, pulling a clothe inside, Norman let go of my hand and caught the rounded clothe in his arms. I looked on it curiously before Norman opened it in front of me, he pulled out something long that is made from our tablecloths!

"We got our ropes now!" Emma said to me and clasp my hands in hers, I smiled to her before kissing her cheeks.

"Thank you so much, Emma." I told her, she just giggled and nodded her head.

"We've got ropes now but the hard part remains." Norman said.

"Yeah, the tracking device." Emma said, her voice sounding a bit sad.

"And how to get everyone out." I mumbled, Norman started walking so Emma and I followed him, I walk behind the two of them while thinking about our plans.

"I think, it would be okay to tell Ray about the demons." Emma suddenly said , making us stop.

"I was also thinking about that too!" Norman replied and smiled to us, his eyes were closed as the sunlight reflect on his skin, he looks so beautiful.

"Ray wouldn't panic, he's also good with machines and he would be an asset to our plan." He added and walked in front of me, he hold my hand and grip it tightly.

"We need to talk to Ray, Emma why don't you go back and---"

"It's fine, you can tell me now, c'mon." I heard a deep voice behind me and as I turn around, I was greeted by Ray, sitting under a tree with a book in his hand.

  Coolheaded and precises, Ray would always think several steps ahead and make the best decision, If we want everyone to survive and escape, Ray's essential to our plan! We need him to succeed, but

  I don't trust him with the secret, I feel like something's off with Ray, it's like he's hiding something from us.

"Ray!?" Emma yelled from shock, I giggled from her expression before turning back to Ray.

"Sorry, I followed you guys, I was curious, I noticed that you've been acting weird." Ray explained and dust himself before standing up from the soil, "It's been bugging me so I thought I should ask personally instead of just listening."

"What really happened from the gate huh?" Ray said, pulling Emma and Norman, locking them in his arms.

"You were both acting weird and you came back empty handed, so of course something happened, now, spit it out." He said to them, I look at their faces looking a little nervous with their situation, I should help them right? I mean, Ray is choking them!

"Will you help us then?" I ask Ray, he looked at me before letting go of our friends.

"Sure." he answered, I sighed before pulling Norman from his and fixing his polo.

"Then let me explain, all of us, our siblings, needs to escape from here and we your help Ray." I said to him seriously, he pondered seriously.

  Norman grabbed his shoulder and started to spit out the information, about the demons, the farms and the fact that our number one enemy is mom. Ray stared at us shocked, his hand over his mouth as if covering it from disgust and fear. I couldn't help but to feel pity for him, my arms moved on their own as I wrap them around Ray.

"Isn't that seriously bad? Oh! that explains the grated windows of the house!." Ray said and hugged me back, we both let go after a few seconds and he smiled to me.

"Actually, I'm surprised that you're believing us so easily and not doubting!" Emma yelled to Ray, crossing her arms above her chest.

"Huh? Of course I'd believe it, Norman and Lorraine wouldn't waste their times making up stupid lies." Ray said and smirked to her, I giggled to them before pulling Norman beside me and holding his hand.

"They're not you, Emma." he added, making Emma looked more stiff than before, that's a huge gap of trust!

"So, if were really going to escape, there are various of issues but the biggest one is the number of kids, we could never take everyone with us, we should narrow it down to those who could make it." Ray said without wasting any of his breaths, Emma hold out her hand and stopped Ray from speaking.

"Wait! I want everyone to escape! we want your help to make it happen." She said to Ray with determination in her eyes, with those eyes, you can never say no to Emma because she won't stop convincing you until you agree with her.

"Everyone? are you kidding me!?" Ray asked loudly, I tighten my grip to Norman's hand and hide behind him, I'm really scared to Ray when he's angry.

"There are 38 of us in total and most of us are under the age of six. Mom, demons and tracking devices, these problems only made it even harder for us to escape with everyone." He said while glaring down to us, I felt myself shake in fear behind my brother, who hold me tightly behind me, as if protecting me from any danger.

"I know that but I don't think that it's impossible!" Emma yelled back to Ray, he shook his head and answered, "No, It's impossible. Emma, you don't get it do you?"

"Ray wait!" Norman let go of my hand and stopped Ray from speaking, he went in front of Ray and nervously smiled to him.

"Ah I see, that's why you said 'We'll talk to Ray', both of you kept it from Emma." Ray said and Emma's eyes widens.

"Or I guess you guys couldn't tell her?" he added, I looked away from the scene and found myself feeling weak. I'm not really good with words that's why I'm always silent but Ray's right, he spoke the truth and feed no lie to Emma.

"You need to be up-front about the reality, Emma we can't just escape, it's not enough." He said in front of her face, without any mercy.

  I clenched my fist, his words are true, we don't know what it's like outside, but were still choosing to risk, not only us but also the other kids, that's why this escape mission is too risky for us, I don't want to blame myself or them just because our siblings died under our own commands.

"What waits outside is the demon world, worst case situation, there's no place for us human to live." Ray keep speaking but Emma just stare at him with her sparkling eyes.

"So it's impossible if we take everyone with us, we have to leave them behind, that's the best option or else some of them will die." I ended his speech and Norman widened his eyes to me, as if asking not to encourage Ray.

"But the essence of this escape plan is to make it possible, so even if it's hard, I will do everything I can to help everyone to get out of this hellhole." I said to them, I felt a small tear left my eye. It's been a while since I felt this small hot tear from my eye.

"Lorraine is right, leaving them here isn't the best option or having them die outside. I want Conny to be the last of the harvest, I'll never let anyone to end up like that again." Emma said and wipe the tear from my eye, I smiled to her.

"If there's no place for humans to live then let's make one on the outside, let's change the world." she added with her sparkling beautiful eyes but it was cutted off as Ray smacked her head.

"Ow! That hurts!" Emma pouted while sitting on the dirt as she hold her head.

"Norman! can I talk to you for a second?" Ray ask Norman as I helped Emma to stand up, she stays on her ground while I followed Norman and Ray silently.

"Could you whack some sense into that idiot!? She's being unreasonable! it's gonna get us all killed!" Ray yelled to Norman but my white haired twin just giggled.

"Yeah! Totally, but I'm glad that she's back to her usual cheerful self, I missed seeing her being this joyful." Norman said, Ray stomped his feet on the dirt before pointing towards the direction of Emma.

"You're missing my point! you better stop her or the three of you will get killed!" Ray yelled to him, Norman just look at him and gave him a smile, a sincere one that always makes me blush when I'm seeing it.

"You knew that from the very start right?" Ray said to him seriously.

"Emma was crying and she never cries, I thought she was crying because she's scared. I was scared too, but I was wrong. I was scared of dying, scared of dying from the hands of those demons, but Emma, she was so scared of her family dying and that makes her amazing." Norman said, his eyes were full of emotions that only someone can tell, Ray looked at him with wide eyes before opening his mouth again.

"Then why are you dragging Lorraine?" Ray ask him again.

"She's my beloved twin sister, Ray. The moment that I told her about the demons and the plans, she was so eager to help us, she was thinking several steps ahead of us, she's the most intelligent here, she's one of the trump card I have. Lorraine is the most calmed one here, and when I told her that Emma and I wants to escape, she showed me her face, full of worry and there was tears on them but they never spill..." Norman stopped a bit to exhale, I blushed from his words and twirl the strands of my hair between my fingers.

"Lorraine is worried about me, she is thinking about my safety before hers. Emma is also thinking about our siblings instead of saving herself." He added before smiling, Ray almost slammed the book in his hand to Norman but held it back.

"But it's not the correct thing to do! It's like trying to make a boat out of mud! Honestly if it's just the four of us, we can all escape from here safely." Ray said while looking at Norman.

"No, they won't agree." Norman said to him and smiled.

"Don't distort your decision based on emotions!" Ray yelled.

"It's not that, Ray, you need to understand us." Norman said while still smiling widely to the black haired boy in front of him.

"And I also want to make a boat out of mud!" He added cheerfully making Ray pissed more than he already is.

  I stopped twirling my hair and look at them closely, Ray would snap any minute from now and Norman would still smile no matter what, to tell Ray that our plan would work.

"You're different Norman! you're as calm as Lorraine and always make the best decisions! So why?" Ray yelled and pull Norman's collar, I almost stepped out of my hiding place but I was caught with Norman speaking.

"Because I care about Lorraine, I love Lorraine that's why I always want to see her smile and I always want to see my best friend Emma to be always happy beside her." Norman said, I blushed in the deepest shade of red but I slapped myself, he's probably thinking about the love for siblings, I also love Norman of course! as my twin brother!

"You're crazy!" Ray let go of Norman and hissed, "And what if Lorraine dies because of your reckless decisions!?"

"I won't let that happen, I will use myself to accomplish it, to see her smiling outside this cage." Norman said, his eyes turned a little darker, making a spider crawl on my spine.

"Luckily, I've always managed to accomplish what I set out to do and if you bake mud, it can become a vessel. So a boat made out of mud won't necessarily sink. Think outside the box, Ray." He said while smirking to Ray.

"You're foolish!" Ray yelled to him.

"Maybe, so what are you going to do? Emma and I are insane and I'm about to pull Lorraine with us, We've completely lost it." Norman said while spreading his arms wide for Ray.

"Don't you dare take Lorraine with you and your foolish acts!" Ray said, I slowly sit on the dirt, not minding if my skirt would be dirty after it.

  Honestly, this is my first time seeing Norman and Ray argue, it is bone chilling, it felt like the sea is fighting the storm. They are both intelligent, they make the best decisions and if we combine them together, they can form the best weapon for the demons, we can turn the tables and instead of demons harvesting us children, it will be us who will harvest the demons.

"You can't let us do this on our own, right? you can't leave Lorraine." Norman said to Ray, mocking him, provoking him, teasing him and finally making him approve with our plan.

"I wouldn't leave Lorraine in your hands even if she's your twin sister, I don't trust the demon world outside, she might get killed if no one protects her." Ray whispered but I can read his lips saying the words, meant for only Norman and him to hear.

"Then, can you leave Lorraine to us?" Norman ask again.

"Damn, of course not!" Ray answered.

   I finally went out of my hiding place, a blushing mess as I go back to Emma, I pull her from her almost sleeping state and pull her with me to locate Norman and Ray, as soon as we found them, I quickly smiled to them.

"Look at this." Ray said and handed us his book, Emma took the book and scanned the title of it.

"Mechanical engineering and human history? What's so interesting with this book?" she questioned while looking on it confusedly.

"Not the title Emma, look at the year it was published." Ray said to her, Emma quickly followed the instructions and her eyes widens, the same as Norman but I only chuckled at their expressions.

  I can still feel my burning cheeks while looking at the two male beside us.

"The year 2015..." Emma mumbled.

"Oh! that's the newest book in the house right?" I told Ray and he quickly nodded his head.

"So at least until 2015, it was a world where book could still get published." Ray said and I frown, he knows this much?

"That's 30 years." I told them.

  But what happened to those 30 years?

"Despite what I said, there might be still human society outside who can help us survive as we escape." Ray said while crossing his arms above his chest.

"Know the outside world, the demon world, your enemy, their weaknesses, come up with a strategy and finally, all we have to do is to survive." I said to them, they look so determined to escape from this house, aren't they?

"If were going to escape with everyone here, then were going to win." Ray said and turn his back, we all started to follow him with a small smile on our faces.

  Convincing Ray isn't that hard but trusting him? I think would be the hardest part, I can still feel something about Ray.

I felt a hand hold mine and as expected it was Norman's, his hands were never too small but it was big, it's big enough to give me comfort and the warmth that I needed. The truth is, I never had any dreams or I ever wanted to leave the Grace Field house before, but as I saw the demons with my own young eyes, I got scared, maybe not for me,

  But for Norman and for everyone.

~~~~~~~~
(A/N)

  Sorry for my wrong grammars and typos!

PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS AND VOTES!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 11K 48
Nothing matters to her anymore. Nothing makes her cry anymore. Nothing makes her laugh anymore. Nothing makes her feel anymore. Ray can do nothin...
34.3K 396 36
⚠️ FIXED⚠️ .. kinda. Ignore any typos. There is 38 children at Gracefeild house, they consider everyone family here, Emma, Ray, Norman, and (Y/n), a...
2.6K 68 29
Ray x Fem!Reader "tׁׅhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ ꩇׁׅ݊ᨵׁׅrꫀׁׅܻ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ ꯱ׁׅ֒ɑׁׅ֮ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮, tׁׅhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ ᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒꯱ׁׅ֒ ꪱׁׅ ƙׁׅ֑ꪀׁׅᨵׁׅᨰׁׅ. ᨰׁׅhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻrꫀׁׅ...
28K 474 9
The cattle children have finally escaped the clutches of the demons and made their way into the Human World. ✦ What would happen if they achieved th...