Alexandria's Genesis (gxg)

By trying_to_grow_up

People die. It's the way the world works and always has. Whether it's suicide, illness-related, or of old age... More

If I Had You
THUD!
"Meet your new best friend,"
Dogs and Lesbians
Dumb and Dumber
Blood and Chocolate
Drama and Bagels
Cookies and Contemplation

Salads and Existential Crisis

45 1 1
By trying_to_grow_up

Rylee's P.O.V

"Can you please, for the love of God, tell me what has gotten into you?! And let go of me! I can walk!" I rolled my eyes. She only ever yelled when it wasn't convenient.

I tightened my grip on Cassandra's arm, smirking as I was met with an "ow!" from the whiny bitch. I finally reached my destination, which was, of course, the most remote janitor's closet in the school. Classy, I know.

Without wasting another moment, I swiftly pushed her into the room, covering her mouth with mine before she decided to waste more oxygen and speak again. She protests for maybe half a second, before deciding I was way too irresistible to not take advantage of the moment. I lean back against the half-closed door, dragging Cassandra with me as I use my body weight to shut it, and then my mind to lock it.

Big mistake. I'm hit with a wave of nausea, and the steady throb of pain I've had in the back of my head becomes sharp. I was warned to not overuse my powers, especially not while weak; nothing could knock me out faster. I groan, finally pulling away from Cassandra's lips and cradling my head. She reaches for me in an attempt to hold me to her chest and I feebly fight her off, not in the mood to put up with her touch at the moment. I might actually throw up.

I focus all of my attention on the worry and fear now emanating from Cass, being careful not to dwell on the love that was there, too. That hurt to touch even worse, and I was warned extensively that any positive emotion would be my undoing.

Time for the dementor scene.

I muster up any strength I have left and attach my mouth to hers. She makes a noise of confusion before kissing me back, obviously not able to keep up with my yo-yoing emotions. My lips mechanically move with hers, and I rest my hands on her bare arms. I can draw emotions from people without contact, but it's always easier to have a willing vessel that I can touch. I pull away as soon as the worry and fear begin to fade. I didn't really want to dwell on her lust today; usually, I can pull energy from that, too, since it's considered to be the sinful side of love, but I was not in the mood today. I was still weaker than normal, even though my exchanges with Cass were usually enough to fill me up.

I pat her on the cheek and exit the closet, rushing back to whatever class I was supposed to be in. She calls after me, but I don't really listen. I'm sure it's some lovey-dovey shit that would make me feel worse than I already do, and I'm way too preoccupied with whatever the hell is going on with my body to even pretend to care like I usually do.

I enter my math class, giving my teacher a glare so he knew that I wasn't in the mood for his shit. I can see him swallow and hear his heartbeat rise--I know I intimidate people, but honestly, I'm not that scary. This guy is just a pussy.

I quickly finish everything that had been assigned for that class period and turn it in, returning to my seat and pulling out my phone. I play some meaningless game as the people around me whisper about me and complain about how I never had to try at anything to be good. I glance over at their work and notice they're still stuck on the third problem, and I snort, eliciting glares from them.

Damn, they're treating me like I'm the bad guy or something.

I listen to my useless teacher attempt to teach his stupid students for another 40 minutes until the bell finally rings. I sighed in relief and raced out. It was my lunch hour, which meant I would get to grab food and join the drama club in the auditorium, where we were all preparing for auditions. Unfortunately, that also meant I had to endure 30 minutes of Cassandra's clingy ass on my lap while she flaunted that I was hers to the entire club. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make to be able to practice my craft.

I breezed through the lunch line, flashing the lunch lady who handed me my food a smile. I always ate the same thing: a salad, a bottle of water, and an apple. I had to keep my body looking good for my powers to have their full effect. I practically skipped all the way to the auditorium and threw the double doors open, announcing my presence with my dramatic entrance. I was so excited to act that I was about to beckon Cassandra to me when I choked on my own words. 20 pairs of eyes turned on me, all wondering why I was standing as still as a statue in the entryway. I'm sure they were expecting me to recite Hamlet or some shit my dramatic ass liked to do, but my own eyes were too focused on Kelsea, who had somehow found her way into my sanctuary, my seat, and what was supposed to be my girlfriend's personal space. Cassandra and Kelsea both gave me a weird look before turning back to each other, happy as clams in each other's presence. I ignored my feeling of unease at the pair; I wasn't sure exactly why, but it really bothered me to see them together.

I finally moved, my grand entrance sidetracked by the stupid human emotions I had to deal with. I sat a couple of seats away from Cassandra and Kelsea, my arms folded with an intense R.B.F. I didn't like being ignored, and Cassandra hadn't even as much as smiled at me since I entered the auditorium. I scanned the group, wondering what poor soul I would force to be my reading partner. It didn't take me too long to realize that I didn't recognize a lot of the faces, and there were at least a dozen more chairs than usual. I let out a groan as I realized there wouldn't be any practicing done during this meeting--it was a set design meeting. I eyed Kelsea again, wondering if she was going to be an actress or an artist. I answered my own question as soon as I noticed Cassandra was the only one talking. I also noticed how Kelsea was giving her her undivided attention.

No wonder Cassandra likes her so much. God knows no one else will listen to her ramble.

I pull my salad out of my bag, ignoring the twinge in my chest. These bitches were giving me heartburn.

I moodily pick at my salad as the meeting begins, the art teacher and drama teacher rambling on about information I really didn't need to know. Usually, I didn't mind meetings like this; normally, I even participated. However, I couldn't seem to muster up any excitement for theater at the moment. My good mood had deflated as soon as I entered the auditorium.

I was out of my seat and out the door as soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of my suffering and the beginning of my second-favorite part of the day--independent study. I had excelled so much in the general curriculum that I was offered a free period at the end of the day. I filled that time with an independent music study, which meant I got to lock myself in an individual practice room with a grand piano. I could almost feel my creator laughing at my excitement. I've always been told that earthly pleasures pale in comparison to our kingdom; still, I had a soft spot for the fine arts.

I set my bag down, stroking the ivory keys before setting my folder and a pencil on the stand. I get my sheet music ready, lightly touching the keys without playing yet. I had learned what should have taken me years in the first week of my sessions, and I could now play the piano with technical precision. Since I had so much time to kill now, I had decided to take a stab at composing. My piece was called "Ballata degli inferi," a haunting tribute to my roots.

My fingers mechanically moved to where they needed to be, executing the song flawlessly but without any emotion. I was finding it hard to lose myself in the music. My mind wandered from my fake parents, to my creator, to Cassandra, and unfortunately even to Kelsea. Messing with her had seemed like a great idea until she walked into my world without permission. There was something about her that really got me riled up, and the fact that I had no idea what it was made me even more upset. Before I could even realize what was happening, my hands changed course, reflecting the anguish and turmoil that was starting to build up inside of me. Kelsea felt like a slap from reality; for reasons unknown, she reminded me I was nearing the end of my time here on earth. That sooner or later, I was going to have to take action and assume my full demonic form, something I had to push from my mind every time someone asked me what my plans were after high school. I would never have a future in this world.

My hands slowed, playing a more thoughtful melody as my mind traveled to another topic I often pushed away as well. The timeline of everything seemed off. I was given 17 years and seven months. It always bothered me that it was such a random number. What was so significant about that date? Better yet, why did I have to wait so long to kill a defenseless, weak man, whose power would never rival mine? I had had plenty of opportunities to fulfill my duty. But every time I was told to wait, to be patient. I was warned that there was a bigger battle to fight. My hands moved frantically again, the sounds of my frustration intoxicating the air around me. I hated not being in control. I hated being left in the dark.

I abruptly stopped playing, pushing back the bench I was sitting on and stuffing all of my things back into my backpack. I was too angry to stay around humans. I was dangerous when I couldn't control the human emotions, and I wasn't allowed to kill anybody. I raced to my car and sped away, hoping no one tried to cross me.

I've never been good at following rules. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 1.9K 83
{A SAPPHIC VAMPIRE TALE- COMPLETE} 18+ (this story can be read as a stand-alone if you wish)❗️ This is heartbreak, this is betrayal. When Marine, a...
791 76 10
Callie Ackerman has the perfect life; she is just starting her senior year with her childhood sweetheart and her great group of friends. Her and her...
3.4K 289 31
- LOVE - LIES - LOYALTY - In a world where nature is reclaiming the streets and an unstoppable fungus has turned people feral, the silence can be...
38.3K 3.4K 64
Welcome to the future, where humans no longer exist - or so the monsters want you to believe. Dawn, one of the last of her kind, is tasked every mont...