Marilyn Monroe

By Beimperfection

Marilyn Monroe (June 1) Had she not passed away in 1962 at the age of 36, what might she be doing now? Would... More

1. HER FIRST MARRIAGE WAS ARRANGED.
2. SHE OFTEN REFERRED TO "MARILYN MONROE" IN THE THIRD PERSON.
4. "MONROE" WAS HER MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME.
5. SHE HAD A THING FOR INTELLECTUAL MEN.
6. ACCORDING TO WINTERS, MONROE WASN'T MUCH OF A COOK
7. BUT SHE FOUND HER FOOTING IN THE KITCHEN EVENTUALLY.
8. SHE WAS WELL READ.
9. SHE HELPED ELLA FITZGERALD BOOK THE MOCAMBO CLUB.
10. SHE HAD A HARD TIME MEMORIZING LINES.
11. HER WARDROBE IS WORTH A PRETTY PENNY.
12. MONROE AND JOE DIMAGGIO WERE ONLY MARRIED FOR EIGHT MONTHS.
13. DESPITE THE DIVORCE, DIMAGGIO REMAINED DEVOTED
14. EVEN BEING BURIED NEXT TO HER IS A BIG DEAL.
15. SHE CHANGED HER NAME TO MARILYN
16. SHE GOT FAMOUS BECAUSE
17. TRIALS AND HARDSHIPS PT.1
18. WHERE SHE...
19. SECRETS UNCOVERED.
20. BIOGRAPHY
21. JFK AND MARILYN RUMORS
22. HER POETRY
23. If she was alive-
24. BIOGRAPHY.COM
25. HER FAVORITE FOODS
26. SHE FOUND FAME TO BE BIZZARE
27. SPEECH
28. MARILYN TODAY
29. KIM KARDASHIAN WORE MARILYN'S DRESS
30. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY

3. SHE WAS TRUMAN CAPOTE'S FIRST CHOICE FOR HOLLY GOLIGHTLY.

648 24 0
By Beimperfection

Truman Capote had Monroe in mind for the lead role in Breakfast at Tiffany's—and she even performed two scenes for him. "She was terrifically good," Capote later said. In the end, she didn't take the part because her advisor and acting coach didn't think it was the type of character she should be playing. Either way, Capote wasn't at all thrilled with the studio's choice of Audrey Hepburn, saying, "Paramount double-crossed me in every way and cast Audrey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 372 41
What if Meryl didn't sleep through her alarm? What if Meryl never pursued acting as a career? What if Meryl wasn't acting? This is NOT real. Everyone...
84.3K 1.3K 64
11-22-63, a date that strikes sudden dread in the hearts of most. But what if it wasn't that way? No assassination...no assassination attempt. Jus...
5K 137 102
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my wor...
483K 20.2K 75
"You have got to be kidding me" he utters suddenly. "What?" i ask and follow his line of sight down to the ground floor front desk. "Angelo? What's w...