Division of the Heart

By kenmaslow

Kendall Knight had no idea how two different person could have too many similarities. Shane Adams, his lover... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 2

259 11 0
By kenmaslow

            “Kendall, wake up!” Shane squeezed Kendall’s shoulders roughly, tried his best to wake the blond.

            Kendall murmured something unclear, still closed his eyes. Shane gave him another squeeze hoping the blond could wake up now.

            “Kendall, we’re falling asleep. We’re in so much trouble!”

            Shane’s statement made Kendall opened his eyes, shocked, “Damn! Dude, you made me in trouble!” Kendall stood up, reached his beanie on the floor and put it back on his head, covered the dirty hair.

            “Yeah, I’m sorry. We shouldn’t fall asleep here, come on! It’s not too late to get back to our room.” Shane grabbed Kendall’s hand and pulled it softly as a sign to follow him.

            “Where’s your room?” Shane asked without turned his head back to see Kendall behind him.

            “372,” Kendall answered in unsure tone. He really had trouble with remember something, especially something that he thinks didn’t even matter.

            Shane nodded, “Good, it close from here.”

            “How about your room?” Kendall asked him back. He stared at Shane’s brunet hair, it messy – bed hair – but it mess beautifully. He suddenly remembered Shane’s face when the brunet woke him up. His perfect teeth, pink lips, hazel eyes, Kendall could easily woke up to this every day.

            Wait.

            What?

            No. Kendall couldn’t be falling in love this fast! He barely knows him!

            Well, yes, Kendall totally gay but hell no, he didn’t falling in love to random boy whom he met at the hospital.

            And he had cancer. He could die soon.

            Okay, that’s fucking rude.

            But that’s true. Kendall hated being left. Hell no, he swore with his life, he didn’t want to be the one who left behind.

            “We’re here!” Shane gave him a wide smile. They’re in front of Kendall’s room. How they got here so fast?

            Kendall smiled, “Thanks. Uh… sorry, I didn’t mean to blame you.”

            “No problem,” Shane gave him a big smile, “See you tomorrow, Kendall!” the brunet ran before Kendall could say something else.

            Kendall stared to Shane’s back going further.

            “See you tomorrow, Shane.”

***

            The next day ran really slow. It’s one of Kendall Knight’s boring days and he couldn’t resist the temptation of escaping. Luckily, he’s a prisoner now. He couldn’t go anywhere with this black bracelet on his right foot, a sensor.

            That thing was fucking annoying.

            Kendall just finished his first therapy with Dr. Bennett, a middle age woman who actually really nice, made him remember about his Mom. It would be great if he had his phone, he could call his Mom and friends, especially his band mates – Carlos, Logan and Dustin. They’re in the middle of writing new song for their band and they might be wondering where the fuck was Kendall.

            Or, maybe his Mom already told them?

            Kendall had shiver all over his body imagining his friends’ reaction. How if they started to hate him because he had depression? Was it cool to have a depression vocalist? Hell, no.

            “Kendall?” Rosa, his nurse, called his name.

            He turned his head, “Hm?”

            “What’s wrong?” she handed him a glass of water and a pink pill, “You blanked off.”

            Kendall swallowed the pill in one shot, “Nothing.”

            “You know, if you really want to get out of here really fast, you need to start talking.” She smiled, “You can talk to me or Dr. Bennett.”

            Kendall nodded, “Thanks.”

            She smiled, “Do you need anything else?”

            “No,” Kendall pulled out his beanie, “Do you know Shane, the boy who has cancer?”

            Rosa nodded, “Shane Adams. He’s in the same age with you. Why?”

            “Do you know where his room is?” Kendall blushed, “I met him last night.”

            She stared at him, “Oh… uh… You better meet him at the park,”

            “Why?”

            “He might be didn’t want you see him while he had his infusion and all.” She smiled wryly, “He was really shy.”

            Kendall sighed, “That’s why he didn’t answer me last night.”

            “But he’s really a good boy, everyone here likes him.”

            Kendall nodded in agreement, “Yeah.”

            “He’s really strong. Unfortunately doctors said there’s nothing they could do with him,” Rosa stopped talking, like she was slipped her tongue out, “He’s a poor boy.”

            Kendall wanted to ask more about Shane but Rosa took the tray and stood, “I’ll check you out after lunch. Have a good day, Kendall.”

            “Thanks.” Kendall threw his body on the bed.

            His mind ran into what Rosa said a moment ago about Shane. There’s nothing doctors could do with him? Was it meant Shane was going to die soon? He’s dying?

            A pain came into Kendall’s heart. It scared him to think about the brunet was dying. He’s really fine, he just a little pale.

            Kendall only knew the brunet less than 24 hours but it scared him for a fact that the brunet might be leaving him anytime soon.

            He jumped from his bed and walked out toward the park. Eyes searching the tall, brunet and handsome boy but he didn’t show anywhere. Shane wasn’t here. Kendall took a seat under the Eek tree, his previous place, hoping he could see the brunet and they could talk like last night.

            Kendall looked around. The park was as quite as last night. What was the point of making a park in the hospital building? The patients might have no mood to hang out here anyway.

            He rested his head on the tree, closed his eyes as he felt the sunlight kissed his face. It felt good – warm and calm. He changed his position. He laid his body on the bench, face facing the clear sky. The clouds were really beautiful today – it’s so white and clean. The sky was really blue.

            Kendall remembered the day when he went for fishing with his Dad. The sky was same with today, it was a really good day. He hated fishing but he loved spend his time with his Dad. He always does.

            He started to close his eyes, trying to clear his head from those memories about his Dad. If it wasn’t him, then who could?

***

            Kendall opened his eyes and realized he was fall asleep at the park. He woke to sit and saw the brunet sat in front of him, drew something on his drawing book.

            “Hi,” Shane smiled, “Afternoon, Lazy Ass.”

            Kendall chuckled. He had to admit that he missed the brunet, seeing Shane was the best thing to see in the first time he woke up, “Hey.”

            Shane was no longer wore hospital pajama. He wore normal clothes – white long sleeves and jeans. The only thing that not normal was there’s an infusion’s hose stuck on his left wrist.

            “You didn’t have it yesterday,” Kendall pointed to the infusion.

            Shane raised his head, “Oh,” he turned to see the infusion, “Yeah, now I have it, pretty sucks.” He grinned.

            “What is that?” Kendall moved closer to the other boy. He could smell Shane’s natural musk and his cologne. It smelled so tempting.

            Shane shrugged his shoulder, right hand working on the drawing book, “I don’t know. Never ask,”

            Kendall kept his mouth shut. Shane didn’t seem wanted to talk about his illness or something like that, but he’s pretty opened up about that. It made Kendall confuse and relief at the same time. Remembering what Rosa told him just made him scared even more.

            “What do you draw?” Kendall stared at Shane’s handsome face.

            Shane smiled, “I’ll show you when it finish. Just… give me 10 seconds.”

            “Okay.”

            Kendall waited. He waited for the longest 10 seconds in his life. It felt like an hour or so… or maybe he was right. The 10 seconds he knew didn’t take this long.

            “Here.” Shane pushed the drawing book to Kendall’s lap.

            Kendall’s eyes widened as he saw on the drawing book. It’s him. It’s Kendall who slept on the bench, but fuck, was he that good looking? The Kendall on Shane’s drawing book was fucking handsome.

            “What do you think?” the brunet broke his daydreaming.

            Kendall took a deep breath, he had no idea what he was going to respond, “This is… good.”

            Shane raised his eyebrow, “That’s it? I drew you, Kendall.”

            “I know,” Kendall nodded quickly, “Shit, this is the good looking version of me.”

            Shane chuckled, the beautiful sound that ever touched Kendall’s ears.

            “You and this,” Shane pointed to his drawing, “Didn’t have any differences.”

            Kendall smirked, “No fucking way.”

            “Yes fucking way,” Shane nodded, “I draw what I see.” The hazel eyes locked into a pair of green eyes, “This is you. This is what I see.”

            Damn.

Who the fuck was this boy? How dare this boy to make Kendall Knight amazed in less than a day?

            “I like your eyes,” Shane moved his face closer, “It’s really green… it’s bright and beautiful.” he smiled.

            In this distance, Kendall couldn’t do anything except breathe – or maybe not. The handsome face right in front of him, hazel eyes learning his face, a pair of pink lips parted to make a beautiful smile.

            Fuck.

            “Thanks,” Kendall finally found his tongue.

            Shane nodded, “How’s your therapy?” the brunet didn’t bothered himself to move backward. He seemed didn’t care to the awkwardness on Kendall’s face.

            “That’s fine.” Kendall breathed deeply.

            “Good,” Shane’s point finger touched Kendall’s jaws line, “You know what, I don’t think you need more therapy. You’re fine. You sleep well,”

            Kendall stared at the hazel eyes back and forth, “How do you know?”

            “I watched you sleep,” Shane admitted, “You’re fine, Kendall.”

            Kendall nodded, “I am.”

            Shane gave him another beautiful smile, “Good. Now, I have to go.”

            Kendall held his hand, reflect, “Why?” once he realized what he just did, he quickly released the other boy’s hand.

            “I’m tired,” Shane closed his drawing book, “I need more sleep.” He rolled the drawing book and tucked it to his jeans pocket, “See you tomorrow, Kendall.”

            Kendall frowned, “Tomorrow? Why it isn’t tonight?”

            It made the brunet chuckled, “I can’t. See you tomorrow.” He smiled before he walked toward the hall, leaving the blond who just stared at his back, eyes begging him to not leaving him alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 1.1K 65
"๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž..." ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐ง๐ž ๐“๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐‹๐จ๐ ๐š๐ง ๐Œ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž...
39.8K 1.5K 20
being in one of the most popular British bands and adored by millions would be everything you could ever dream of, but when Bradley Simpson discovers...
13.6K 163 77
James Diamond x OC Kendall Knight x OC ยฉ๏ธ derekhalekolmlover
173K 4K 42
You knew Kendall, Logan, Carlos & James since you were babies: You, Logan, Carlos and Kendall got along really well. But then there was James- You n...