WARM COMFORT ― minsung [✓]

By bubbslee

✓❥(married au!!) " you misplaced our son? again?! " ( just another night in the lee household, where jisung h... More

WARM COMFORT.

7.4K 771 1.6K
By bubbslee

Jisungie
minho

i lost the shopping
list again.

Meanho
you what

I WROTE IT ON
YOUR HAND WTF

Jisungie
WELL ITS NO
LONGER ON MY
HAND

I CAN ASSURE YOU
I STILL VERY
MUCH HAVE A HAND

I HAVEN'T LOST MY
FUCKING LIMB
YOU EGG NOODLE

Meanho
oh my god

milk, eggs, nutella,
bread (50/50), cheese,
yogurt (the strawberry
and banana one), fish
fingers, chicken breast,
ham, bacon, cream dips,
doritos, orange + mango
juice, pasta, crisps (cheese
and onion), sunflower oil,
water bottles, kitkat,
lemon sherbets, pepper,
lettuce and grab some
powdered milk and
diapers while you're
there thanks ilysm.

Jisungie
jesus babe

you wrote all
of that on my
hand??

Meanho
cAn yOu huRry
up pLeaSe

minjun might
actually combust
if you don't come
back here with his
strawberry and
banana yogurt.

Jisungie
IM LOOKING
FOR IT I CAN'T
FIND ANY

THIS IS WHY
WE DON'T DO
OUR SHOPPING
AT 4AM

NOTHING IS ON
THE SHELVES

Meanho
BABE

IF WE DON'T
GET THAT YOGURT

OUR LIVES MIGHT
BE AT STAKE

Jisungie
DONT LOOK AT
ME YOU'RE ON
NAP DUTY

AND STOP OVER
EXAGGERATING
OUR SONS ABILITY
TO HARM US

THE BEST HE
COULD MANAGE
IS TO BITE YOU

Meanho
SO HELP ME
LEE JISUNG

I WILL MAKE
YOU SLEEP ON
THE COUCH IF
YOU DON'T BRING
BACK HIS YOGURT

Jisungie
:(

"Papa?" A soft voice called from the baby monitor placed beside the two mens bed, "papa?"

Minho sighed, neither annoyed nor glad that his son had woken up at the worst time possible, mainly because it was 4am and Minjun had only settled down a few hours ago- but also because if the small child was to ask for his yoghurt all hell would break loose. No- literally, someone might get seriously injured from getting hit with a flying leggo.

Normally the 4 bedroom apartment is stocked up with the boys snack, however both his dad's have been extra busy these past few months and grocery shopping had become rushed and only important things were bought (as in milk, baby food, bread and a whole lot of energy drinks.)

However, it had become clear, that strawberry and banana yogurt was an essential in this house hold.

"Hi baby, you awake?" The man said quietly into the blacked out room, gently making his way to the crib (careful not to stop on his sons frozen toy set) a hand stretched outwards. "Is prince Minjun awake?"

After months of walking into the same room in pitch darkness half asleep, Minho had practically memorized the rooms floor plan. So when he came into contact with the wooden crib he reached down without hesitation, softly picking up the sleep drunk baby.

"Hey pumpkin," he murmured quietly, lips placed on top of Minjuns small head, "did you sleep well?"

Thankfully, Minjun didn't seem ready to wake up entirely, so he let out a string of mumbles, somehow trying to convey that into a understandable conversation.

Minho smiled, still kissing the small baby softly, "Oh really? That's interesting." He himself was ready to drop back to sleep immediately, and the warmth radiating off of his son wasn't helping either. Minho took a deep breath in, appreciating the baby smell of powder and formula milk. "How about we head into papa's room?"

The child didn't seem to hear but also didn't seem to mind being moved from the warm and comforting babys room into his dads little colder and spacious room.

"Da..." the small boy said into Minho's chest, making Minho fall in love with his son all over again.

"Dada is working." He lied easily, not wanting to say shopping in case the 1 year old asked for food, "he'll be home soon bubs."

Satisfied with the answer, Minjun smiled and snuggled deeper into Minho's chest. He let out a satisfied little baby sigh when he achieved maximum comfort, making his dad beam down at him.

"You're so cute," he whispered affectionately, "I really wish Jisung was here to witness you being Mr.cuddles, I think he misses you."

He continued to ramble on about his work and friends, mentioning that Hyunjin and his daughter Haeun would be joining them for a play date tomorrow (otherwise known as yungy and haha to Minjun). Minjun would occasionally murmur his approval to a question or randomly make the cutest noises, to which Minho would then graciously accept with a smile.

These were the moments be loved, he quite often thought while holding Minjun. He was growing bigger and bigger everyday but was still a small baby, and was just the right size to hold comfortably on his chest. So as he walked around his room, rocking the baby back and forth, he relished the soft memories of when they had first met Minjun.

The adoption agencies had practically avoided them like the plague, and the newly wed couple loathed every minute of it.

Technically, atleast in Minho's mind, he and Jisung had been married for years.

They dated in highschool and all throughout college, moved in with eachother almost immediately while Minho was attending university and Jisung career was just taking off. It was a struggle the first few years, them only being 18 when the moved out into the city on their own.

They lived in a cramped studio apartment in the outskirts of the city (which smelt like weed and regrets honestly) when Jisung finally got signed a record deal to a huge company, and suddenly he was making a fuck ton of more money. By 21 they had moved into the heart of the city in a rich, modern and huge apartment complex, surrounded by busy but clean roads. Jisung was thriving and Minho was in the middle of his degree in medicine, landing a steady training at a paediatric hospital for the time being.

By 23 they were both so happy, almost 10 years of dating, seen eachother at their worst and now their bests, it's all they could ever have wanted.

Until, gay marriage was legalised in South Korea.

Which in turn, legalised gay couples being able to adopt.

Leading to the great fight of 2018, where Jisung unceremoniously threw a hairdryer at Minho and in return Minho shredded up one of Jisungs song books.

Even to this day, 4 years later, neither men knew what had exactly started the fight, but they did know that Jisung had brought up getting married, and Minho declined saying they didn't need to have it on papers for it to be real. They had been wearing rings since they were 19, so why now they had to legalise it was absurd to Minho.

However, the following day, Jisung came into their room, his head in his hands. After being shunned to the couch, he walked back in in shame, and quickly embarrassed about what had taken part last night. The feeling mutual, Minho lifted the bed covers for his partner, and they both cried in eachothers arms the entire day.

It was only hours later when Jisung finally admitted why he wanted to legally get married; making Minho's heart crumble.

They couldn't adopt easily unless they were married.

The wedding happened within the same year, and while Minho was against showing the world at first, he planned one of the best weddings ever seen by the media.

Not even exaggerating, it was a three day wedding with a whole firework show (to the song firework by Katy Perry) and a beach after party filled to the brim with family and friends. Jisung would never admit it, but he could hardly remember what the party of the wedding was like.

However, he could explain what Minho looked like walking down the aisle for hours. As he did, every single time he got drunk.

Now that the media (especially dispatch) had been successfully fed, they could now really think about adopting.

It took a long time, most agencies shunning them away for being a same sex couple and others just simply didn't want media attention. Months and months of declined emails and forgotten meetings later, they got a small and kind email from a small adoption centre in Seoul, who did international adoptions.

Chan, who was one of the adopting agencies members, had reached out to them regarding a 4 week old baby boy from Australia, recently orphaned and in need of a family. Obviously, they hadn't expected a reply back quickly (or at all) but within hours Chan got an email back wanting to meet up to discuss this baby.

To say the couple were nervous was an understatement, Minho hadn't even been this nervous during his wedding ceremony. But as soon as they say down with Chan in a small and quiet coffee shop, they eased up. Chan wanted to get to know the couple first, simply asking general questions.

He stated he would have to do a house check (although, taken that Jisung was a well known celebrity, the house was probably fine) and was about to leave the blissful couple, when he smiled goofily and asked with warmth,

"Do you want to see a picture of Minjun?"

Minjun, one look at the small baby curled up in a yellow and orange star blanket was enough to send Jisung sobbing, and Minho was closely behind. He was so small and fragile, yet his stared at the camera with an intense and curious gaze- to conclude, The Lee couple were ready to sign the papers there and then.

It was however about 2 month later when they did, Chan grinned almost as wide as them when he pulled out the folder at his office. Even while going over the forms he couldn't stop smiling, because this small baby boy was going to have such a great life.

So as soon as Minho and Jisung were done signing and stamping the papers, the Australian didn't even hesitate before launching over the table to give them a huge bear hug, not even minding how they two men cried on his shoulders.

The next few weeks were a blur, Chan booked them the next flight to their son and everything was wild.

The media was back in the picture and it seemed the entire country was excitedly waiting to see Minjun, which they had been in all honesty.

Jisung and Minho's faces were plastered all over the news and instagram and twitter were thriving over the new found information that the famous Lee couple would be adopting a baby boy. Reality shows and talk shows had nothing better to do than talk about them and their almost family.

The best part being the lack of hate, there was so much support that Minho could barely remembering seeing any valid hate thrown at them, and it made him so happy to see how it impacted the lgbt community in Asia.

You would have thought it was the royal family returning after a long holiday when the Lee's were scheduled to come back to Korea, a little baby in hand. Peoples were going insane and everyone wanted to see the new and arguably most famous family in the world.

Arriving at the airport was equally as nerve wracking as leaving, because now Jisung was clutching a small 5 month old baby boy. The two men didn't know if they were fearing parenthood or the army of teenage girls waiting for them more.

However, once they exited the plane, there was a significant lack of people. Don't be fooled, there was definitely more photographers waiting for them, cameras aimed like lions waiting for prey, but there were no fans.

Not even one.

Later they learned that all of Jisungs fansigns had started a fan project. They had done this before, group light performances, t-shirts, birthday surprises, but this was the best surprise.

Jisungs 'stays' had decided that this surprise, would be them doing absolutely nothing. Thousands of them had come to an agreement to just leave the three of them alone, and Minho quickly shared on instagram how Jisung cried when he found out how thoughtful his fans were.

Photographers and interviewers weren't as kind, but some had the decency to not use the flash to blind them or their son. Others didn't seem to care about the baby and simply wanted pictures.

But, Jisung held Minjun close to his chest the entire way to the van, not letting any of them see his son or hurt him with their flashes. Minho made sure to hold his two boys close, holding up the middle finger to a cameraman whenever he could.

After that, they both took a break from work to focus on their son. And it was hell.

Though the two men were used to not sleeping, they were not prepared to not sleep at all. The first month had been filled with so much coffee Hyunjin had to come over and confiscate all the caffeine in the apartment.

Hyunjin had a daughter of his own, a little devil who had the face of an angel. When the model was younger, he was briefly married to another model co-worker, barely lasting a year, but a baby was made. They decided to split on civil terms, equally sharing the custody of the girl, who was a whole year older than Minjun.

He and Chan had been a blessing throughout the first few months of parenthood, and Minho found himself turning up to Chan house more than once in tears because he was so tired.

But, they pulled through. Growing into a routine (still filled with mental breakdowns and 4am shopping), falling more and more in love with the small bundle of joy they called their son.

Speaking of who, was currently nibbling on Minho's shirt. His teeth were starting to come through and he had taken a liking to chew on random house hold appliances like a puppy. It was hopelessly adorable to witness, unless you wanted to be covered in spit and drool.

But, watching the small boys eyes begin to droop as he bit into his father's shirt simply made Minho love every second of it.

Soon enough, Minjun peacefully dozed of in the warm embrace of Minho. However, the man made no movement to move, and instead he leaned back onto the headboard of the bed, pulling the duvet up to his waist.

He began to gently rock the baby back and forth, his sleep filled warmth comforting him.

Before Minho knew it, he was asleep himself. And perhaps a few minutes later, the sound of the front door being unlocked filled the quiet apartment.

Quietly and quickly, Jisung tip toed through the corridors, dropping the shopping bags carefully onto the kitchen island. The house was still and peaceful, the only sounds audible being the hum from the heater and filter of their fish tank.

However Jisung found it strange how Minho hadn't come in after hearing him open the door. Assuming the other had fallen asleep, he began to put away the foods in their respective areas, desperately not wanting to get told off for keeping the milk out the entire night.

After making sure the front door was locked, alarm was on, lights were off and fridge was closed, Jisung quietly made his way to his bedroom.

He wanted to see Minjun before getting into bed (for probably another 2 hours of sleep until his next feeding), but didn't want to risk waking up the small boy. So he walked past his sons closed door and towards his own bedroom, peeling off his coat and opening the door.

It took all his will power not to squeal at the sight.

His husband and his son, all warm and soft, cuddled up on his bed. It was sight to be blessed with.

Eventhough Minjuns sleep suit was covered in drool, and though Minho's own shirt looked like a mess and his hair was a nest of knots; Jisung couldn't have asked for a better way to come home.

Out of the two men, you would assume Jisung would always be away and at work. When in fact it was Minho who on top of looking after their son, would also work 18 hour shifts almost 3 times a week. Jisung thankfully could weasel his way out of the company and back home, promising to work in his office back home (when he instead would come play with Minjun for hours until someone called him asking to see his song that he should've started 3 hours ago).

So moments like these were cherished, loved and engraved into their hearts.

Like he was walking on clouds, Jisung made his way to the bed. Not caring about his skinny jeans or thick sweater he climbed into bed, leaning against the headboard, throwing a hand over his family to engulf them in a soft hug.

He took a deep breath in, the tips of Minho's hair tickling his lips and he placed a short and quick kiss upon his head. Gently caressing Minjuns soft cheek with his fingers, before letting the bliss of his family overtake him in a warm comfort.

And there, the trio sat. They'll probably wake up to the worst back pains in history and a screaming 1 year old in demand of strawberry and banana yogurt, but hey-

They'll work it out. Eventually.

2897 WORDS.
M I N S U N G
'WARM'
'COMFORT'

VALENTINES
DAY     2 0 1 9

i hope your day
is filled with love
and happiness'♡.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5K 25
"she's in the rain. you wanna hurt yourself i'll stay with you. you wanna make yourself go through the pain...we're in the rain" started: september...
122K 5.8K 32
where two boys share a cigarette
152K 9.6K 22
"but you loved me, right?"
895K 2.8K 12
I hate how all the lesbian one shots aren't intense enough for me or smutty enough, and I'm sure atleast some other people feel the same. So this is...