E Z R A

By hoekahgay

The story of finding oneself. | NarutoxOC | More

i n t r o d u c t i o n ;
p r o l o u g e ;
O n e ;
t h r e e ;

t w o ;

896 48 27
By hoekahgay

"That's a big one." Ezra pointed down at the river stream. Naruto had taken her fishing; well, he did the fishing. If you even call grabbing them with your bare hands fishing. Ezra just pointed out the fish she seen within the stream.

"Where?" Naruto looked around before loosing his footing and falling flat on his bottom. Water seeped into the cotton of his pants as Ezra went into a fit of giggles causing the fox-like boy to blush. He's become so used to being around Ezra within the past few months, he couldn't see himself not seeing her for a day.

Missions were the worst. Sure she seen him off which also made a certain Uchiha jealous, but the moment he turned his back on her, he missed her. He wanted to be with her.

He liked the way she smiled, and how her amber eyes sparkled when she was excited. He liked how interested she was in bugs; something some girls their age didn't like. Ezra didn't care about looking cute to a boy, she'd leave her hair in it's curly mane and call it a day. She ate just about as much food as Naruto does ramen--maybe even more than Choji, and he liked that.

He liked how repulsive Ezra was. If he caught her picking her nose, she'd look right back at him and continue picking her nose. He loved how she became one with nature when she meditated. How her lip quivered when she pouted after knowing he would be leaving for a mission. He loved the little breath she takes when she laughs. He likes when she says his name. That's his favorite. He adores when she refers to him as the Sixth Hokage. Everything about Ezra is what Naruto liked. He was falling for her and he didn't even know it.

Naruto stood and rubbed the back of his neck kind of embarassed.

"Oh Naruto." Her eyes softened at him as she slowly shook her head from one side to the other. "You're so clumsy."

"Heh," He chuckles. "Yeah."

Ezra pressed her lips together. "C'mon, let's get you home so you wont catch a cold." She stood from her squatted position on a boulder and pulled Naruto out of the water by his wrist. Together, the two of them began their journey back to the village. Crows overhead cawed at the setting sun. The wind blowing through the leaves of the tall forest trees and seeping through the hairs of the children.

Ezra pushed her chocolate coils out her face, before rubbing her hands against her arms to create heat. Naruto took notice and removed his coat, placing it over her shoulders. The two made eye contact and blushed before Ezra tore her gaze away.

"Thank you, Naruto." She coos softly. Naruto chewed on his bottom lip and looked away.

"You're welcome." He replies just as softly. The two walked through the forest, back to the village in comfortable silence. Ever so often Naruto would say somethingjust to hear Ezra giggle and call him an idiot.

Kotetsu greeted them as they walked through the entrance gates.

"Hey you two!" He waves at them as they walk past the stand. Izumo was there as well, but he was too busy sleeping--drooling and forming snot bubbles to function properly. "Back from your date already?"

"It wasn't a date Kotetsu shut up already." Naruto yells causing Kotestu to laugh.

The two kept walking, Ezra looking down at the ground as they didn. They were too young to be going on dates, let alone be very fond of eacho other. So what made everyone think they were romantically involved with one another?

Sure Naruto was cute as a button, but Ezra didn't think that Naruto found her even the slightest bit attractive. From her knowledge, Naruto was indeed fond of Sakura, who had a crush on Sasuke, who literally only cared about himself and his journey to vengence on whoever murdered his clan. So therefore, Ezra was nowhere near their concerns for that matter. She was just their friend and it just so happens to be that she was closer to Naruto that Sakura and Sasuke.

The skies slowly faded from it's rusty orange color to that of a gothic blue color. Stars of all shapes and sizes began to fill the sky. The different smells of food lingered in theair as the two children walked the main street of their home village. Naruto's stomach grumbles and he instinctively placed his hand on it. His eyes travel to Ezra, who was in a daze of her own. Naruto watched as her eyes looked like she were watching the ground, her coils brushing against her cheeks and forehead. Her full lips poking out, in the shape of a perfect heart.

"H-Hey." He calls to her softly, hoping to gain her attention.

Snapping out of her light daze, Ezra's honey infused crystals landed on those of clear, pure blues. A look of expectancy in her eyes.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

Ezra thought for a moment. She wanted to spend more time with Naruto, but his clothes were wet and she would hate to be the reason why he caught a cold.

She shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry."

"Well, I am" He says again. "I'm going to Ichiraku and get some ramen."

"No," The girl shook her head as she sternly looked at him. "You're gonna go home and get out of those wet clothes. That's the main reason we came back in the first place."

Naruto puffed his lips out as his brows drew together. "But I'm hungry." He whines.

"You can get your ramen when you're finished changing into some dry, warm clothes."

"Fine." He groans. His eyes traveled over the small sign that said Ichiraku's and huffed seeing that no one was there for ramen. He knew if he went to eat now, he wouldn't have to worry about anyone looking at the overly stacked empty bowls before him as he dug into another bowl. But because Ezra said 'no', he would be missing his alone time woth his one true love, ramen.

The two continued walking untill they reached the residential area of the village where most people lived, including Ezra. They found her small home quickly and she slowly shrugged off Naruto's jacket before giving it to him.

"Go straight home and change." She says looking him in the eyes. Naruto took in a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay Ezra." He says with a small smile as he zipped his jacket back up onto his body. He slightly pulled at the wide collar adjusting it before he looked at her again. "I'll go straight home."

"Thank you." She says. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

******

Ezra threw a roundhouse kick with her right foot. Unfortunately, it was blocked by the back of a wrist. In a twist of his hand, Sasuke grabbed her ankle pulling her up off her footing. Ezra fell onto her palms of her hands and used her left foot to kick at Sasuke causing him to quickly let go of her and backflip away from her gaining distance. She reached into her Ninja tool case swiftly pulling out shurikens and throwing them towards the young Uchiha, all while watching his poised movements.

She liked training with Sasuke. He was very skilled and always had her on her toes. She never let her guard down while fighting Sasuke and that always made things a little more interesting to her. Rather than with naruto, who never throught certain moves or tactics through to even watch his opponent. Sasuke on the other hand was stealthy. He forced you to watch him and even then he'd be a few steps ahead of you. He forced you into uncofortable positions to where you had no choice but to act sporadically just so you wont feel backed into a corner.

Sasuke sidestepped dodging the shuriken thrown his way while he weaved his hand signs.

"Fire style: Fireball Jutsu!" A giant fire ball emerged from the mouth of the young raven boy.

Ezra quickly weaved her signs as well. "Water Style: Water bomb jutsu!" A giant waterball that rivaled Sasuke's jutsu formed quickly putting out the fire. Ezra quickly looked around in search of Sasuke. When she looked up she was greeted by Sasuke coming down with hisfoot aimed at her. She placed her arms in front of her in and X formatiton to block it before she grabbed his ankle and flinging him to the ground. The said Uchiha rolled before hoping to his feet and running towards her throwing a punch. The small ebony side stepped causing Sasuke to miss before she whirled around and threw a punch of her own; connecting with his ribs.

Sasuke let out a grunt letting her know that she indeed connected this time and it wasnt a joke. The two continued to spar, throwing a series of kicks and punches; some connecting and some missing.

Finally tired, the two collasped ontot he ground in huffs and puffs. Ezra sitting indian style and Sasuke sitting across from her in the same fashion, only one leg was positioned up, with the same side arm resting on his knee and the other hand pressed firmly into the ground. His hair clinging to his sweaty neck, forehead, and jawline. Beads of sweat slowly falling from under his shinobi Leaf headband.

Ezra rook in greath breaths before exhaling slowly, trying her hardest to get her breathing in order. Her hair was tied into a messy bun today, in order to see Sasuke and every move he made. He often told her that she would have to do something about her hair if she ever wanted to be a strong kunoichi, but she'd always shy him off. Now after today, she sees that he was right.

"You're getting faster within your movements." he tells her with a hint of a smirk playing on his fine lips. His onyx orbs sparkling when he spoke. He dipped his chin low, watching her as she began to fidget. His eyes softened slightly looking at her.

"You think so?" Her gaze traveled up to meet his gaze and the pale boy blushed, thanking the heavens that his face was hidden by his wide collared shirt.

"Yes." He replies. "Training is paying off."

Ezra smiled a closed eyed smile at the Uchiha and his eyes slightly widened admiring her beauty.

This is annoying. He thought.

"What do you see in Naruto?" Sasuke blurted out, soon regretting it. Everything froze. He didn't mean to ask aloud, but it was too late to take it back now. Sasuke wanted to know what she saw in Naruto that he didn't have himself. What was it that made her so drawn to Naruto? What made Naruto cool to her and why wasn't Sasuke the cool one to her?

Ezra's eyes opened in shock, looking over at the raven in front of her.

"Huh?" She asked. "What do you mean?"

"You like him, don't you?" Sasuke asked again. He couldn't take back his previous statement so he had to ride it our as if he'd meant to ask.

Ezra furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "Of course not." She says almost offended. "Naruto and I are just friends."

"That's not what everyone else thinks." He says casually.

"I don't care what everyone else thinks, Sasuke. That's what you fail to realize." She replies. "So whatever rumors are swirling arounf the village about naruto and I are a lie. I would think someone as smart as you would know that."

Sasuke grunted at the direct comeback.

"I never said I believed any of the rumors Ezra." Sasuke says smartly. "I was just asking a simple question."

"You should have a decent amount of sense to know the answer to that already though." Ezra frowns.

Sasuke huffed and closed his eyes obvuously annoyed with the conversation. He both hated and liked the ay that Ezra never backed down from him. She was a witty little something and always had something to say. He liked that. Rather than Sakura who always agreed with whatever he said whether it was wrong or right. Just as Sakura would often his Naruto for the stupid things he did or said, Ezra would hit Sasuke just because he said something offenseive or he got under her skin, which really ticked Sakura off at times, but Ezra was too unemotionally stable to care about how Sakura felt about anything.

She liked Sakura, but in the same breath she felt the young girl would often be a hypocrite when it came to Naruto and Sasuke. She worshipped the ground the raven walked on. If he sneezed she would be trying to collect the saliva he spat out if she could. If Naruto sneezed it would be so disgusting if he didn't cover his mouth to sheild her from his germs. She hoped that sooner or later the pinkette would grow out of that phase.

Ezra admitted to herself that Sasuke was indeed attractive, from how he gave short answers, to the unreadable expressions in his eyes. How strong he was as a ninja at such a young age. He was wise. And most of all, he knew hurt. He knew what it was like to have something and then not have it all of a sudden. Then having to go through to motions of living like nothing ever happend. Or like it doesn't effect you at all.

"Okay since we're asking questions." Ezra reared back on her hands and looked at Sasuke. His eyes slowly opening halfway and landing on her. "Who is it that you're after?"

The wuestion caught Sasuke off guard, though he didn't show it. No one ever asked him who it was he was trying to kill to avenge his clan. Everyone always knew.

"M-My brother." Sasuke says lowly, eyebrow furrowing together in mild anger. "Itachi Uchiha."

Ezra's gold eyes widened in shock as she leaned forward once more, the loose coils that didn't quite make it into the bun blew slightly in the wind making Sasuke blush as his eyes scanned over her face.

"Your brother killed your entire clan?!" She scooted closer to him and he didn't move. He couldn't, he was too nervous. She's never been this close to him. His chest slightly heaved as he looked at her. That ebony complexion and those honey colored slanted eyes of hers.

"Y-Yes." He says turning his gaze onto the leaf headband that hung around her neck like a necklace.

"Wow Sasuke, I'm sorry." It was then the raven felt at ease. Ezra's arms were wrapped arounf him, his head on her shoulder. The raven blinked a few times trying to process it all. She was touching him. And not just in a violent way this time; no, she was actually gentle. Something Sasuke thought he would never recieve from her.

A sense of calmness washed over him as she held him. But then it all came crashing down once she released him from their brief hug. The sad look in his eyes he tried to cover up as he looked at her. He told himself he would never lose to Naruto no matter what. But this one he seemed to have been losing in greatly.

******

The wind blew slightly as the sun began to set over the horizon blowing Ezra's hair in a certain direction. She pushed her curls out her face before looking over at Sasuke, who say perched in the tree next to her. She had heard about the fight he and Naruto had moments earlier and offered her comfort to him. She knew that he wouldn't fully tell her what the matter was, which is why she chose to talk to him first rather than Naruto, who would just tell her his troubles right from the start. She took her time with Sasuke.

They've been sitting in silence for about ten minutes, and that's all Sasuke needed to weigh his options resonably.

"I'm leaving the village." He tells her after a long pause of whether he should even tell her or not. His eyes narrowed as he stared into the nothingness.

"And where are you going?" She asked him with a bored tone. Her eyebrows drawn together as she spoke.

He glanced at her from his peripheral, before looking back at the emptiness before them.

"To Ocochimaru." He says after a breath. Ezra's head shot his way to look at him as if he were crazy. Which he indeed was to her.

"Sas-"

"No, don't try and stop me." He says. "It'll just be a waste of breath."

Ezra took in a deep breath and pursed her lips together, slightly sucking them in and refraining from what she origionally wanted to say.

"Okay," She says with a short nod. "But why would you go to someone who attacked the village you live in, and kill the Third Hokage?" Ezra narrows her eyes at him.

"Do you ever just mind your business?" Sauske asked.

Ezra scoffed. "You know what Sasuke," Ezra stood to her feet on the tree branch they were on. She quickly dusted herself off and fixed her clothes on her body. "Do what you want--like you said, it isn't my business."

Sasuke frowned watching her. "Don't you tell anyone we had this conversation."

"Yeah whatever." She says. And in a flash, she was gone.

****

"It's about time we could get you away from Uzumaki." Zuri says with a yawn as he, Tala and Ezra walked through the village together. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and frowned.

"Please don't be one of those people." Ezra shook her head as she groaned. "I get enough of it from Kotetsu and Izumo."

Tala giggles. "Well you have to admit, the two of you are pretty cute together." She chirps. "Not to mention that the two of you are almost always together now. It's a wonder that you two aren't that fond of one another."

Again, Ezra huffed. "I thought we were going to get food?" She asks. "Why are we talking about me and Naruto?"

"I was just surprised that you even agreed to come with us." Zuri tells her. He rakes through his grey hair before placing his hands pack into the pockets of his navy colored pants. "Usually you would've been somewhere with Naruto, that's all."

Ezra frowned once more. Leaving it alone, she rolled her eyes and continued walking. "Well, he's busy right now. Lady Hokage called him to her chambers."

"What'd he do this time?" Zuri chuckles as he drags his feet as they walked. Zuri was the son of the one and only Kakashi Hatake. He was born out of wedlock, to a woman Kakashi fell in love with. The woman died of an illness when Zuri was young, leaving the boy to move from his village south of the Hidden Leaf, to be with his father. Zuri was a smart individual, and because of his father's status, he's been set high expectations. His grey hair spouted from his head in waves, forcing him to wear a low braided ponytail. His eyes were the color of his mother's--purple. His body type was tall and lean like his father's. He stayed calm at all times and often wanted to be alone to do whatever it was he wanted to. Whether it was sleeping or catching up on a book his father gave him. The village welcomed him when he arrived. Happy that "Kakashi of the Sharingan" had a chance to procreate, leaving his legacy on the earth. They'd hope eventually in the future he'd have another, but Kakashi already understood that no one could replace Zuri's mother, and he was happy with his only son.

Tala was born from anyone of power, but she tried her best to carry her weight on her team. She was more so a taijutsu specialist, regardless of her long-distanced range jutsu's Her hair was of onyx, her skin porcelain. Her big green eyes invited you in while her wide smile kept you there. She was an outgoing girl, something like Ino, but she carried the fire in her eyes like Rock Lee. Throwing her in the group with two polar opposites blended the team together, with their Sensei being the cherry on top. Their friendship was something special to Ezra. They were the first and only people to ever call her a friend. They cared more about her than anyone else ever have and for that she'd forever be greatful.

Finally making it to the cafe, they ordered their food and took a seat in the booth. Getting comfotable, they began casual conversation.

"I heard Naruto and that Uchiha kid got into a fight yesturday." Zuri says. "My dad told me he got to them just before it got ugly. I wonder who would've won."

"Pft, Sasuke obviously." Tala says as if she was the one he insulted. "No offense, but Naruto doesn't really take being a ninja seriously. How does he even expect to be Hokage?"

Ezra frowned. "He'd be a better hokage than you." She says.

"Defending his honor is fine," Tala placed a friendly hand on her friend's shoulder. "But you have to at least be realistic."

"Have you sparred with him?" Ezra asked with rasied eyebrow.

"Well-"

"Then shut up." Ezra cut the girl off uquickly before going back to her food. "Sure he's hyper active, but despite all that, he's a damn good shinobi. He saved both Sasuke and Sakura's life against Gaara of the sand. Someone even Lee couldn't beat."

Zuri crossed his arms over his chest before sitting back in his seat. "I see what you're saying, but then again he's the village's headache. No one wants to deal with him and I doubt they'd trust him to protect the entire village."

"People change Zuri." Ezra narrowed her eyes at the grey haired boy.

"I know," he says with a shrug. "And when he does, we'll have this conversation again. This time, with open minds.

"He-Hey everyone." A voice pulled them out of their conversation. The three looked in the direction seeing a sad Sakura standing there. Her eyes traveled from Zuri, to Tala and finally landing on Ezra.

"Hey Sakura!" Tala smiled with a wave. "Wanna eat with us?"

The pinkette shook her head. "N-No thank you." She says. "I'm not really hungry. I was actually trying to find you, Ezra."

The ebony furrowed her eyebrows. "Why me?"

Sakura looked around nervously before fidgeting. Zuri slid from the booth grabbing his plate.

"You can have the booth." He says. "Tala and I will eat somewhere else."

"N-No." Sakura stopped the boy, making him sit back down. "It will only be a moment. Ezra can step outside with me."

Ezra raised her eyebrow before she stood and excused herself. He trailed behind Sakura untill they were on the outside of the cafe. With a bench located nearby, Sakura sat before she broke down into tears.

"He's gone!" She cries as the tears seeped from her eyes uncontrollably. In that moment everything clicked together. Sasuke had left. He really left the village. Ezra's heart ached. She listened as Sakura explained what happend between the two just the night before; a few hours after the encounter of their own.

Ezra's heart dropped into her stomach listening to her cry out for the one she loved so dearly. Sakura was crushed. She told Sasuke her true feelings, hoping that would get him to stay, but he just turned around and left her standing there. Ezra sat on the bench next to Sakura, the both of them not noticing the presence of Naruto, Tala and Zuri all at once. Naruto sat on the ground in front of them as Tala and Zuri stood behind him. Trying to read Ezra's facial expression to get the story of what happend. Seeing they couldn't in that moment, they waited. Ezra's eyes traveled over to naruto, who'd been looking at her helplessly. They didn't know how to comfort her in her time of need. Ezra absentmindedly rubbed on Sakura's back trying to calm her, but all that did was make her wimper, call out for Sauske and cry all over again.

"Don't worry Sakura." Saruto says sadly. "I will do whatever it takes to bring Sasuke back to the village. I promise."

Sakura slowly looked up at Naruto and sniffed back snot. She used the back of her hand to wipe her tears. Naruto felt so bad for the fight that he and Sasuke had that he didn't even get the chance to make amends with him. Was that the reason why Sasuke left so abruptly?"

"Naruto, Sakura." The voice calling them belonged to their teacher, Kakashi. He dropped down from the roof he had been perched on, landing just a few feet away from Zuri. He stepped closer to his students.

"Kakashi-Sensei." Naruto greeted the man sadly.

Kakashi took in a deep breath and looked between the gennin before him.

"Lad Hokage would like to see the two of you." He says. "I-It's about Sasuke." His lone eye traveled down to the ground as his avoided their strong gaze.

"I-I have to go with them to talk to Lady Tsunade." Ezra stood to her feet once Sakura had stood.

"Why?" Kakashi looked over at her with a raised eyebrow.

"We-Well, Sasuke sort of told me that he was leaving, and I didn't believe him." Ezra hung her head down when Sakura's shot her way.

"He told you?!" She says. "Why would he tell you of all people? THe to of you arent's even close!"

"We were alot closer than you think, Sakura." Ezra eyes her. "Look, this isn't the time to argue about that. Right now we should be heading to the Hokage tower and see what Lady Tsunade wants with the two of you. I'll tell her all the information I know."

"Why didn't you do that when he said something?" Naruto asked with sadness. "We could've stopped this sooner."

"I-I'm sorry." Ezra's hung hung lower, feeling herself regret even doubting Sasuke for what he said. For even leaving. For not giving it enough thought that he wouldn't be that stupid to just up and leave the village. Naruto pursed his lips together, torn between accepting her apology or not. Taking the silence as a hint, Ezra began walking towards the hokage tower.

Once they finally entered the office. Tsunade was seen sitting at her desk with her hands folded in front of her face, eyebrows drawn together in both irritation and worry. Her mind raced a mile a minute trying to figure out what could be done to bring the young Uchiha back to his home.

Her eyes traveled up to the three small children and their guardian.

"What are you doing here Ezra?" Tsunade asked. "I only called for Naruto and Sakura."

"She knew Sasuke was leaving Lady Tsunade!" Sakura frowned as she glares at Ezra. The ebony girl frowned.

"I could've told her that myself." Ezra says. "I believe she was talking to me in the first place. Your name is 'Sakura' not 'Ezra'. Those name sound nothing alike so please speak unless spoken too."

"Why didn't you come to me sooner, Ezra." Tsunade stopped their soon to be argument by speaking before Sakura had a chance to talk back.

"My apologies Lady Hokage." Ezra bows her head. "I-I wasn't taking him seriously. I thought he was speaking out of anger due to a fight he and Naruto had. I didn't think he was actually that stupid enough to leave the village. I'm sorry for doubting him."

"How dare you call Sasuke Stupid!" Sakura yelled. "He's way smarter and a far better ninja than-"

"Shut up!" Ezra whirled around to face Sakura. "That's all you care about is Sasuke! You don't give a damn about how anybody else feels! You're only sad because he's not here for you to be all over like you are. You're obsessed with him. You're really pathetic Sakura! Sasuke is stupid for abandoning the only people who really gave a damn about him over a stupid little fight! Grow up and get your head out your ass, it isn't a hat."

"That's enough Ezra-"

SLAP!

Ezra held her left cheek as she stared at Sakura, who had just hit her. Both of their chests heaving and before Ezra could recollect her thought process, She had already reared back and hit Sakura in the face.

Shizune and Kakashi begun breaking them apart, leaving Tsunade to pinch the bridge of her nose in annoyance of the two girls.

"Listen you two," She says sternly. "Now is not the time to be going boy crazy." Her eyes traveled between the two hot headed kunoichis. "Right now what we need to focus on is getting Sasuke back here as safely as possible. Is that understood."

"That's what I was trying to do the entire time." Ezra says. Tsunade sighs. She didn't know what else to do. One of them was obvisouly intimidated by her and the other didn't really care too much for her. She knew she was in a high ranked position, as well as her superior, but Ezra was still going to say whatever it is she wanted to say.

Tsunade thought for a moment before she looked at the three gennin before her. She sighed heavily.

"I'll get a team to go after him." She says after a sigh. "Naruto, I'll send for you once I have the team in order. As for you two." Her eyes bore into the two young girls before her. "Go cool off."

Ezra hesitated none to get out of the Hokage Tower.

"Ezra!" She froze when she heard Naruto's voice. Slowly looking over her shoulder, she watched as he ran towards her. When he caught up to her, he bent down on his knees to catch his breath before standing upright to look at her.

"A-Are you okay?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." She replies as she continues walking.

"I don't think you are." He grabs her wrist to stop her from walking. She turned to look at him with tears falling frmo her eyes. Ezra wasn't the type to cry, in fact she hated crying. But knowing that everyone she really cared about hated her at the moment, she couldn't help but be hurt.

Naruto's eyes softened as he watched the tears stain her chocolate face. He reached up and tried to wipe her tears oly for her to slap her hand away.

"Don't" She says softly.

"Then stop crying." He replies just as softly. "I hate it when you cry."

"You've never seen me cry."

"I know, and I hate it." He tells her.

Ezra looks away from him and snatched her arm away.

"Just go fill your promise to Sakura and bring Sasuke back to her." She goes to walk away but Naruto stops her once more.

"Right now you're my priority, Ezra." He says sternly. Again, she snatches away from him.

"Naruto please, leave me alone."

"You don't want me to do that."

"Actually, yes I do." She says before walking.

"Ezra, just wait a minute-"

"No, Naruto." She turned to face him, stopping him in his tracks. "Go after Sasuke, he's more important. I'll be fine."

Naruto looked at her with sympathetic eyes before taking in a breath. "Fine."

And with that being said, Ezra walked away.

-----------

Naruto had left on his mission to retrieve Sasuke and Ezra didn't have the energy to even see him off. She knew of course Sakura would be there, and she honestly didn't want to be anywhere around her either. It had been two days since then; since Sasuke had left and Naruto went after him. She heard they were back with serious casualties and no Sasuke in tow. Even then, Ezra couldn't bring herself to go see Naruto or anybody else that went on that journey. She was hurt. Hurt by everything that had happened. She felt like she could've stopped Sasuke instead of just thinking he was talking out of anger. That'ss what got her the most; she didn't know he was serious. Yet, everyone treated her like she did. As if she practically encouraged it.

Two days; two days that she had been crying and trying to wreck her brain for all other possible outcomes that could have happened but didn't.

"Hey sweetie." Toni's voice filled the air as she peaked her head through the door of Ezra's room. The said ebony was sitting at the foot of her bed in a daze, her eyes slowly looking over towards the door seeing Toni smiling weaakly at her. She steps inside slowly, before taking a few steps untill she was in front of Ezra and sat down on the floor in front of her.

Toni was of course Ezra's guardian. She took Ezra in when she was only five years old due to her parents being killed on a mission. She and Ezra's mother were really good friends and she always watched her when her when Ezra's parents were away. Which is why they were so comfortable with each other now. Ezra looked at Toni like the mother she never had despite knowing that she wasn't really her mother.

"I heard about the fight with her friend." Toni says lowly, trying to gain the girl's attention once more. Ezra furrowed her eyebrows together in a frown before her eyes sharply landed on the woman in front of her.

"That bitch definitely is not my friend." Ezra spat bitterly, recalling the fight she and Sakura had. She was still mad at the pink haired girl for everything she did and said because it was solely on the fact that Sasuke was gone from the villiage and Ezra was the only one he told about it. She believed thatthe situation would've been different if it were Sakura herself that the raven boy confided in and not Ezra. Which would've made it ten times worse than what it initially was.

"Ezra." Toni looked at her sternly causing the ebony princcess to roll her eyes. She looked down at her hands again and her mind went to back onto Naruto. She hasn't seen him since she told him to leave her alone.

He haddn't succeeded in bringing Sasuke back; in fact, when they found Naruto he was completely unconscious, laying next to Sauske's leaf headband. They all; Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba and Neji risked their lives to bring Sauske back to the village and they failed. She knew Naruto was hurting, but she just couldn't face him after everything that happened between her and Sakura.

"Ezra, listen to me." Toni says breaking her out of her thoughts. "I know you're mad at her but calling her out of her name like that isn't nice."

"I wasn't saying it to be nice honestly." Ezra replies. "She is a bitch. You only see her sometimes. I know the real her. All she does is praise Sasuke and talk down on Naruto. She hits him. She mocks himShe damn near belittles him all for Sasuke. And do you know what he does in return? DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DOES?! He promises her that he'd bring back Sasuke. That's what he did. Naruto loves Sakura but she's so stupid over Sasuke to even see that. She's brudened him with such a job and now he's never gonna give up untill Sasuke is back in this village and that's not fair."

"Ezra honey, it's not all entirely on Sakura." Toni says causing Ezra to furrow her eyebrows. "Listen before you go off the handle." She eyes Ezra sternly.  "Now look, you may not agree with this but that's just how some girls are when they like someone. That person can do no wrong in their eyes and that's what's going on with Sakura. Yes, she was jealous that you and Sasuke had a moment but still. You two shouldn't let this fight end your friendship."

"We never had a friendship to begin with." Ezra shrugs. "She should learn to think of other people's feelings other than her own or Sasuke." Ezra ends her statement with a cross of her arms.

Toni sighed. "Ezra please stop being stubborn." She stresses. "They were your friends."

"The only one I'll ever acknowledge as a friend is Naruto." Ezra says dryly. "Sakura was never my friend. She was just there because Sasuke was. She and I never hung out individually."

"Still Ezra, please; just apologize."

"Is she gonna apologize for slapping me."

"Ez-"

"-I'm not apologizing for pulling her hair out." Ezra then shrugged. "If Lady Tsunade put you up to this then I will have to talk to her too. She should know me by now."

"This has nothing to do with Lady Hokage." Toni says. "Ezra, I just want you to be happy and have friends; and this fight right here isn't working out for me. It hurts me to see you in this state. Go check on your friends. They need you as much as you need them. Don't throw everything away like that over one fight. That's what they do. Friends fight, but they always come back together."

Ezra took in a deep breath before turning her attention back to her hands. Soon she felt Toni loom over her and kiss the top of her head.

"I love you." Toni whispers as she then turns and exits the room. "I'm going to work, I'll see you later."

The sound of the door closing relaxed Ezra. She didn't want to hear anything else Toni had to say about her fight with Sakura. Sakura wasn't her friend. She wasn't a companion that she could share things with, like Tala was. Tala. She wondered how Tala was doing. Since Ezra has been toon busy spending her days with Naruto and training with Sasuke, she never really had time to deal with Tala unless they were on missions.

Moving from her bed, Ezra pushed her hair up into a bun again and walked out of her room. Her small two bedroom home was quiet. Toni must've left already. She walked towards the door and put her sandals on before grabbing the house keys and leaving. She made it onto the dirt road, kicking pebbles as she walked. The usual Konoha life was all around her. Children playing, Shinobi walking about. The elders talking amongst themselves. She reached the main road where she knew the Yamanaka flower shop would be and she slowly walked in. She searched around the store untill her brown eyes landed on a certain blonde, along with her raven haired friend.

"T-Tala." She croaked out to gain the girl's attention. The two girls both stopped their conversation to look her way. Ino smiled warmly watching as Tala took her friend in a warm embrace. It was something she surely needed at the time. In that moment, Tala had been confessing to Ino that she was worried about her friend. She haddn't seen her since their last mission, and she had heard about everything that had happened recently. She just wanted her friend to be okay.

"How are you?" Tala asks. Ezra nodded slowly, avoiding all eye contact.

"I'm okay." She responds. Her eyes traveled to Ino who still held her warm gaze. "How's Shikamaru?"

"He's doing better." Ino nods, knowing that the girl didn't want to talk about anything else but everyone's well being. "Choji is too. Everyone is honestly, Naruto was just here the other day looking for you."

Ezra's eyes traveled down. Naruto...

"He has?" She asked as she rubbed the back of her neck as both Ino and Tala nods.

"He's been asking me if I've seen you for the past two days and I feel bad everytime I tell him I havent." Tala says. "If you're avoiding him, you need to stop it."

Ezra took in a deep breath. "I just don't know what to say to him."

"Don't say anything unless he brings it up." Ino shrugs casually. "Besides,  I think he just wants to be in your company anyway." She smirks after the words leave her mouth. "You've got a really good spirit to you when you're not being so blunt, Ezra. And just your presence alone is satisfying to some."

Ezra pursed her lips together as Tala nodded in aggreement. A smile finally falling on her face.

"Thank you guys." She says.

"No problem." Tala says.

"Now what's this I hear about you and Sakura fighting in front of the Hokage?" Ino intejects. "She feels bad aout it you know."

"I don't care." Ezra frowns. "I don't want anything to do with Sakura. She's too stuck on Sasuke to function properly."

"That's true." Ino giggles.

"Sakura is actually a kind hearted person once you get to know her." Tala says leaning over the counter Ino stood behind. Ino nods in aggreement.

"I have no intentions on getting to know her." Ezra shrugs. "I'm not sorry."

"Well she has intentions on apologizing to you about the whole situation."

"I'll forgive her." Ezra says. "But that doesn't mean I have to be her friend."

"You don't have to." Tala says. "No one is asking for that. What we are asking for is to at least be cordial with her."

"Dont."

"Thank you." Ino smiles.

"Ino!" The voice casued Ezra to freeze. It was Naruto. "Have you see-" He stopped shortly when he saw just the person he was going to ask for right before him. His blue eyes widened as he looked her over. A small pink tint resting on his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. He was looking all over for Ezra; and now that he found her, he didn't know what exactly he wanted her for.

"H-Hi Naruto." Ezra says breaking him out of his thoughts.

"H-Hey." He replies. "I-I've been looking for you."

"I know." She answered. "They told me."

His lips form a smirk. "Thank you." He looks from both Tala to Ino and nodded his head. The two girls did the same.

"Ca-Can you walk with me for a minute, Ezra?" Naruto asked looking down at the floor as he spoke.

"Sure." She says softly. She waves shortly to her friends before she and Naruto walked back onto the main street of Konoha. Naruto tucked his hands into the pockets of his jacket pocket and closed his eyes as he walked, gathering his thoughts. He wondered what he would say to her first. He wonderes if she knew everything that had happened within the past few days.

"We couldn't bring Sasuke back." He finally speaks once they reached the grass pastures. Naruto flopped down and crossed his legs, tucking his chin into the wide collar of his jacket. His blue eyes shimmering unfer the afternoon sunlight as he narrowed them slowly. He chewed on his bottom lip remembering everything that had went down between him and Sasuke. Everything he said to him. It was like he couldn't even hear him. He wanted Sasuke to come back. Not just for Sakura, but for himself too. He loved Sasuke like he was family; a brother even. And it seemed as though Sasuke didn't care about Naruto nor what family he'd made of Team 7 and that's what hurt the blonde boy the most. Sasuke went looking for power. Ignoring and throwing away everything the had to make him powerful in Konoha.

"I heard/" Ezra says lowly. "I'm sorry about that."

"Naruto chuckled bitterly, trying to get the thoughts out his head. The memories he held so dear to his heart. "I'm a failure. I'm not strong at all. How can I want to become the Hokage if I cant even bring my friend back home?"

Ezra watched as a lone tear fell from Naruto's eyes and he quickly wiped it away. Ezra then scooted closer to Naruto and wrapped her arms around him for a hug. She squeezed him tightly, letting him know that she was there for him if no one else was. And that's all Naruto really wanted in that moment; her.

"It's not your fault Naruto." She coos. "You're a stron ninja; stronger than anyone in our class. It doesn't take much for you to get even stronger for you to bring him back. Don't beat yourself up about this okay? Continue to live and be the happy Naruto that I know. He makes me happy. Can you do that for me Naruto?"

He cleared his throat and nodded before snaking his arms around her waist to hug her back. Naruto shut his eyes enjoying their embrace.

"You're my strength Naruto," She whispers to him. "Always remember that. If you're weak, I'm weak. When you're strong; I'm strong."

Naruto smiled as he took in the scent he missed so much. "Thanks, Izzy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.2K 22
It all started on a game... They choose to go there then and BOOM! They are both lost in time ●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•● DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto and...
810K 27K 49
❝𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚-𝙠𝙪𝙣.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sakura to take her on a journey of their o...
43.7K 630 28
I don't know just read the story. (SasuFemNaru)
377 23 10
Summary in story, Read to find out more