My brother's best friend

By YUDKBHT

"Get a hold on yourself you silly girl. He is Maheshwari, you are Aggarwal. He is a player, he is extremely h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Cover
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Important Note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Note
Prevention is better than Cure
Fun amid Lockdown
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Eulogy
Chapter 32 (Draft)
Epilogue

Chapter 16

5.2K 286 26
By YUDKBHT

The afternoon sky was clear and the students of the VJN University were fooling around. It was the break time after all. Some were in the canteen, while some were in classrooms. The majority of the college was however, seated in the playground, enjoying the cool weather.

It had been five days since Sameer had proposed Naina, but their excitement had not been lessened, by any chance. Currently, the gang was in the Red Rose, and they were trying to order something to eat. Munna was loudly boasting about his cricket achievements to Pandit, though his concentration was entirely focused on Swati. The said person was blushing and glancing at Preeti, who was nudging and smiling at her teasingly. Arjun was silently laughing at their antics, but Sameer was lost.

Sameer was busy recalling the secret classroom kiss that he had with Naina yesterday. He remembered every bit of her detail, that he saw. Her swollen lips, her messed up hair, the blush that adored her face after every such encounter, the way her hand felt so warm and soft in his, the way her tongue fought for dominance, to the way her hands explored his body. God, she was driving him mad. Completely mad.

From the total twenty four hours of a day, he spends approximately two hours with her, three hours staring at her and "trying" to be with her, two hours looking for her in the college, four hours thinking about their kisses, one hour conversing with her on phone, one hour (including the whole day) trying to hide them from Nanu and his friends, and six hours dreaming about her. What the hell is happening? Had he spent the time in which he was calculating all this, in actually doing mathematics in school, he might have managed some decent marks.

But coming to the point, the girl was driving him nuts. She was extremely innocent, not knowing about anything except her books, clueless to dating and other things. But the way she clung to him while kissing. God! And did he mention how she moans. He didn't did he. All her delicious sounds, the wild kisses, her curves, the delicious lips... everything invites him to come forward and take her completely. He wanted to make him his and only his. But he won't. He has decided. He won't go that far with her, she is so young after all. Dating and secret relationship didn't mean that he will take advantage of her innocence.

But this wasn't the only problem he was facing. The new relationship with Naina has definitely started some wierd mechanism in his body, that makes him grin very widely for the whole and have a very much jolly mood than before. He is lost in his thoughts for the whole day (thinking about her) and his dear ones are definitely sensing something. His friends are still clueless, but Pandit has definitely started seeing something. He always had the "eye" to sense relationships and crushes, no matter how stupid he looks. No less is his Nanu, who has already started sharing his love story with Nani, and how he used to lie to his grandfather similarly. Sameer pretended to not have understood the meaning of the "similarly", but his Nanu just smiled more knowingly and told him about how he can share everything with him.

Now coming back to Naina, she is a really awesome person. She has the kindest heart he could ever imagine and she very well knows the art to make the person with her, feel the luckiest in the entire world. From all the time he had spent with her, everything is definitely not about kissing. They talk a lot. She shared everything about her family, while he shared his relationship with his mother, openly, for the first time in his life. But did she judge him. No. Instead she just kept a hand on his arm and rested her head on his shoulder. This definitely gave him peace and made him feel special, something that he hasn't experienced in his so called previous relationships. They were all about kissing really, the one where both parties enter without any commitment, feel nothing about each other, and breakup without any remourse. He wouldn't call it physical attraction either, because he has not been attracted to them by any chance, though they were with him for his money and his charms. In truth, he had never actually looked at or observed any girl with even mild interest. Whatever happened in the past, was purely stupid showoff to look cool, or being very thoughtless and stupid. Really, how could he ever associate with those greedy girls, who were after him for their own benefit. He shuddered himself out of these thoughts and took a deep breath. Naina had told him not to feel guilty about it. It was just the very sensitive phase of his life, and he handled it well in the end. It didn't matter now. Maybe, because now he had a person like Naina.

He really looks forward to meeting her, talking to her, holding her hand and doing everything that he labelled as "mushy" in the past. He can't help it, it was his first time after all. His previous relationships were all, well one knows. Who would believe him, if he admits that he had never even taken a girl out on a date before! So now one knows, what those previous encounters were all about.

But he is oddly content now. He is so glad that Naina confronted him in the music room and she talked him into this relationship, rather he talked her, but it doesn't matter. Only he knows how he spent the days without her. He was burning inside. His dreams had been more erotic, and his eyes were fixed on her in college. He really didn't stick to the resolve, the one in which he decided to ignore Naina at all costs. It took all his strength to go away from her and avoid her, when his heart was screaming to go bury her in his arms and never let go. Even that fateful day, he was playing his guitar and thinking about her appearance on the Fresher's party, when she entered the music room.

His trance was broken, when he heard the melodious sound of his girl, as she entered the canteen. Naina looked at the table, and gave him a small smile. He felt his knees go weak and his insides doing a slow sensuous dance. She came to the table and sat herself beside him, which gave him peace since she was finally with him.
"Yaar Naina kahan reh gayi thi tu. Hum kabse tera wait kar rahe the" Munna exclaimed and made a sad face, showing how she made them wait for a very long time.

Before Naina could answer, another voice interrupted her,
"Ha bahut wait karwaya tumne. Ab phir se mat jaana, warna hum to pagal ho jayenge wait kar karke" Sameer said, not really looking at her but watching her from the corner of his eyes. The statement was more about his personal situation these days, rather than the current one.

Naina blushed profusely and tried to hide her face by looking at the table, while Sameer kept watching her from the corner of his eyes. The gang was looking at Naina wierdly, but soon Preeti answered,
"Accha yeh sab chhoddo. Chalo ab kuch order kar lete hai. Bahut bhookh lagi hai"

Four other voices of several people, namely Munna, Pandit, Arjun and Swati nodded and agreed in unison, while two others were busy in their own world. They started deciding their respective orders, but Sameer made no attempt to look at Red Rose's newly changed menu. Finally Munna stood up to take the orders,
"Kaun kya lega"
"Bhai kyu pooch Raha hai. Yeh Baanke bhaiya chahe chappan bhog daalde menu mein, hum to samosa hi khaenge. Teen plate samosa"
"Mere liye pasta aur Swati bhi usi mein se kha legi" Preeti said and looked quiet excited about ordering the new Italian dish.
"Do pav bhaji bhi likh de" Sameer said without even thinking.

Naina smiled at this. There was a time when he ignored her and sat at the far end of the table, and very away from her. But now he is again showing his right over her silently through his actions.

These five days of dating and their secret relationship has definitely been the best moments of her life. She could never even imagine that Sameer might like her! He not only expressed his feelings for her, but also asked her to be his girlfriend. Perhaps he could even fall for her one day... She shook herself from these thoughts and instead, recalled the yesterday's kissing and the secret late night phone call. If she actually calculates, they talked about nothing really! It was just a comfortable silence with lots of blushing and a pinch of clueless "toh". Naina had never been more happy in his life. His mere presence is enough to set butterflies in her stomach and make her the happiest in the world. She can never ask for anything else.

The gang was waiting for the orders and Sameer was conversing with Arjun about the cricket preparations. Naina stared at the table dissapointedly. He wasn't even looking at her!She huffed and started a conversation with Preeti, after she had waited long enough for him to concentrate on her.
"Ha yaar Preeti, woh wali dress bahut acchi thi. Pata nahi humein milegi bhi ya..." She stopped in between and inhaled sharply, when Sameer's hand reached her lap. Her heartbeat fastened and legs went weak, while Preeti looked at her wierdly.

"Naina to theek hai na"

"Ha.. main theekk hoon... Mmm mujhe ky- kya hona hai.." She managed to utter, while Sameer grinned at the effect he was having on her. Preeti was about to say something, when the food arrived and her attention went to the newest and only Italian dish of the menu.

Seeing that everyone was busy in eating their food, Naina looked at Sameer pleadingly, but Sameer smirked at her. He began stroking her lap lightly and Naina fought back a moan. Naina's knees went weak and she tried to remove his hand, but Sameer didn't budge. Finally, when Sameer thought that she had been troubled enough, he silently laughed at her, while Naina gave him an angry glare. His fingers threaded in hers, and he held her hand tightly. Naina's anger finally subsided, but her butterflies came back to action. She hardly managed to swallow her pav bhaji, but Sameer still didn't leave her hand the entire time, even when he was conversing with the others or eating his pav bhaji.

They were halfway through their meal, when Pandit stood up and said,
"Yaar dekho, uss Principal ke teen Amar, Akbar, Anthony mein se Amar yaani Fresher's party ho chuki hai. Akbar ka ek match hum Jeet Gaye. Ab iss Anthony Ko jeetne ke liye posters banane hai. Speech aur match ke Baad Sameer ki hawaa toh ban hi chuki hai, ab bas use pankha Dena hai."
"Tu sahi keh Raha hai Ponga. Ab usse pankha kaise Dena hai, sab ke sab yeh socho. Dekh humein speech mein kya vaadein karne hai, woh hum Abhi se soch lete hai. Mana ke Abhi elections kaafi door hai, par phir bhi "

The gang had started with their own personal discussions. Arjun was telling how they should teach the students cricket for free, while Swati pointed out about how this move won't get any votes from girls. To which Munna suggested that they should probably give classes to the girls regarding making perfect round rotis, which will further improve the girl's realtions with their mother in laws, once they get married. Preeti looked quite angry at the suggestion, after which the topic was smartly dropped. Pandit then suggested that Sameer should probably use his charms and flirt with the girls, convincing them into voting for him, while Naina looked quiet horrified at the proposal and squeezed Sameer's hand. Sameer stroked her hand in assurance, and told Pandit to think of something a little less stupid.

When they could not reach any conclusion after all, they began their individual discussion with the air. Arjun was still justifying his "brilliant" cricket idea, while Pandit was elaborating about how they should call a "love guru" who can teach the methods for wooing a girl, to the "single" boys, with special inclination towards himself. Munna was telling how they should abolish the system of taking examinations completely and simply let the students enjoy, while Swati was telling how they should have two or three classes in a day, and atleast four free periods to concentrate on their style and new bollywood movies. Preeti agreed with Swati and added that they should also have a "movie period", where they will be shown new bollywood movies.
"Agar main Jeet Gaya toh election system Ko hi khatam karwa dunga" Sameer said through gritted teeth and began telling the immense problems he was facing to his girlfriend, while the said person was listening to him with an amused grin and she was simultaneously adoring their secretly joined hands under the table.

Finally, Arjun had had enough. He stood up and declared very loudly,
"Chup karo saare ke saare. Aise bakwaas karne se kya hoga. Dekho koi bhadiya sa idea socho."

"Yaar main itni der se kutton ki tarah bhauk Raha hoon. Love guru ka idea hi best hai"

"Abe Ponge to chup ho ja. Paper cancel karwa denge toh sab humein hi vote denge."

"Abe chenu yeh tere baap ka college nahi hai jo tu paper cancel karwa dega. Kabhi toh Apne gadhepan se aage badhjaa"

Arjun was listening to their banter attentively, when Naina interrupted,
"Ummm.. woh bhaiya main kuch bolu? " Naina said feebly and looked at Arjun, though he didn't look that interested,

"Naina dekh Abhi zaroori baat ho Rahi hai. Tu baadmein bol Lena. Theek hai"
Naina nodded and looked at the table sadly. Sameer definitely didn't like that his girl was not being able to speak her mind, so next moment he interrupted,

"Yaar Arjun sabko bolne ka mauka dete hai. Naina pehle tum bolo, phir baadmein Preet aur Swati Ko bhi mauka denge"

Naina smiled at him lovingly, but before she could speak, Preeti interrupted,
"Nahi pehle mujhe bolne do. Dekho main keh rahi hoon ki hum na college mein ek movie period banane ka waada karte hai"

"Ha aur saathmein Kam se Kam Roz ke teen chaar free period bhi denge."

Sameer was extremely frustrated now. Really, how could someone be so stupid. He rolled his eyes at Preeti and Swati's stupidness and said,
"Dekho agar main jeet jaunga toh college ka president banunga, principal nahi jo tum log mujhe yeh sab karne Ko bol rahe ho"

At this, the five previous voices came back to action and began justifying their own ideas. Arjun and Pandit were practically fighting, while Preeti and Swati added a college beauty parlour to their already long list. Munna was currently asking Sameer to choose between his frienship and abolishing the exam system on winning, though the latter didn't look too pleased.

Finally Naina interrupted the everlasting argument,
"Ab meri baari hai. Please sab meri baat suno. Dekho tum sabke ideas tumhari apni zarooraton ke baare mein hai. Par tum log college ke baaki students ki problems ka dhyaan rakhte huye koi aisi problem socho jo sab face kar rahe ho. Jaise meri problem hai ki Library mein hindi books bahut Kam hai, aur yeh problem baaki sab bhi face kar rahe hai. Aur nayi books laana toh reasonable bhi hai. Toh kuch Aisa socho".

Sameer looked proudly at his girlfriend, while Pandit and Arjun nodded in agreement. Preeti grudgingly accepted that her movie idea was a little stupid, and Swati smiled at Naina. Munna had finally decided to give another chance to his and Sameer's friendship which was about to be broken if the latter didn't cancel all the exams for him. But the problem was still not solved completely,
"Toh woh baaki ki problems kya hongi" Swati asked.

Sameer slapped his forehead, as the five previous voices began shouting even more loudly now. He banged the table in frustration and shouted angrily,
"Dekho main tum logo ki Kahi huyi ek bhi problem nahi lunga. Humein pure college ki problems Ko pata karna hoga, aur yeh kaam pata hai kaisa hoga, unse khud poochkar. Mujhe pata hai ki yeh bahut lengthy task hai, par speech mein abhi Kam se Kam teen ya chaar haftein hai. Toh hum sab jaake logon ke khud baat karenge, Jaise neta karte hai."

The gang finally agreed with Sameer's idea and they all decided that their first step should be- making large number of posters.
_________________________________________

The gang decided to meet in the Activity Room, the next day so that they can prepare the posters. Arjun was quiet surprised as to why the usual Music Room wasn't chosen, but Sameer just waved it off saying that the Activity Room is larger, though the size is same. Well, the problem is that the sight of Music Room turns him on, while his girl starts blushing, remembering their past making out sessions.

Till now, the boys had not given much importance to the preparation of posters, since they had never actually prepared them. If they had thought that preparing posters was somehow easy, they were proved very wrong. Munna's poster could not adjust the last two letters E and R of the word "Sameer", and the font size was very large in beginning, as compared to the miniature size in the end. Pandit had written "Vote for Sameer" in one-fourth portion of a single poster, owing to his extra-small writing. Sameer didn't face such problems, but no sane person could actually read his very-unclear handwriting. On the other hand, Arjun had already misspelled the word "Sameer" twice, since the first time an E was missing and the second time, the letter R was point-sized.

The girls were laughing at the stupid posters prepared by them and they decided to help them. Preeti, no matter how foolish she seems, actually got a solution to Pandit's problem. She drew margins on the poster, so that he can write according to the required size. Naina was instructing Sameer to write in capitals, so that the handwriting his understood easily. No one could really find a solution to Arjun's spelling errors, and he had to work on it, on his own. Swati tried to help Munna, but he just glared at her angrily and asked for Preeti's help instead.

Swati was positively shocked by his rude behaviour. Since morning, Munna had not looked at her, nor had he tried to talk or flirt with her. He simply ignored her and looked in the opposite direction, whenever she arrived.

Once, everyone had started making the posters again, Sameer quietly took Naina's hand in his own, while the latter was shocked. She gave him a "everyone's looking" look, but Sameer refused to leave her hand. Well, since the music room incident, Sameer had developed an undeniable obsession for Naina's hands.
On the other hand, Swati was trying to talk to Munna, while he was simply informing her.

Now, Swati was extremely frustrated, she scolded Munna in whispers.
"Munna tumhari problem kya hai. Main kabse tumse baat karne ki koshish karne Rahi hoon, par tum toh mujhe ignore hi Ka rahe ho"

Munna was much more angry now.
"Accha tujhe mujhse baat karni hai na, Lekin mujhe toh tujhse baat nahi karni hai na. Tune mujhe khareed nahi rakha hai. Aur tujhe mujhse baat karni hi kyu hai. Tu toh apne first-year wale Arun se baat karne le na"

"Munna main kisi se bhi baat karoon, tumhein kya hai. Tum kaun sa mere kuch lagte ho. Aur mujhe bhi tumse baat karne ka koi shauk nahi hai."

"Ha ha, tu kyu mujhse baat karegi. Tu toh Apne Arun ji se hi baat karegi na. Tujhe toh waise bhi woh kitna pasand hai"

"Mujhe Arun koi pasand-wasand nahi hai. Woh sirf mera dost hai."
They then dropped their whispered conversation, when Pandit looked at them wierdly.

When Pandit was not looking, Munna said,
"Jhoothi"

"Main jhooth nahi bolti"

"Tu jhoothi hain"

"Nahi hoon"

"Accha toh kaun pasand hai tujhe"

"Mujhe toh tum pasand ho, Lekin agar aisi baatein karoge..." Swati exclaimed in a rush and immediately put her hand on her mouth, when she realised what she just spoke.

On the other hand, a silly grin adored Munna's face. They again pretended to look at the posters, when Arjun looked at them. Swati was blushing like a tamato, when Munna came closer to her face and spoke,
"Mujhe bhi tu bahut pasand hai"

Swati hid her face with her hands, while Munna laughed at her adoringly. On the other hand, one hour had already passed and Sameer was positively bored. He gently stroked Naina's arm, while she gasped. He gestured her to come outside, but she quickly shook her head . Sameer poked her again, but quickly started outlining the word "Vote", when Preeti looked their way.

He again nudged Naina to listen to him, but she was still adamant. He cast her an angry glare and stood up.
"Main washroom Jaa raho hoon. Abhi thodi der mein aa jaunga"

He left the room angrily, while Naina looked at his retreating back guiltily. "She should have gone with him. It's his right to ask something from her." She cursed herself internally and decided to follow him. The next moment, she also stood up and spoke,
"Main Pani peekar aati hoon"

She immediately left the room and walked towards the washroom, when two hands grabbed her and pulled her in the corner. One hand had shut her mouth, while another was on her waist. Naina saw who the person was and relaxed,
"Sameer tum aise mujhe mat kheecha karo. Waise tum washroom nahi Gaye"

Sameer just grinned at her and said,
"Nahi toh. Mujhe pata tha ki tum mujhe dhoondne aaogi. To main bathroom kyu jaunga."

He then pulled her closer, and began kissing her neck, while Naina moaned loudly. He sucked her collarbone, and her fingers threaded in his hair. His lips soon moved to her chin and finally came to her waiting lips. He captured what was rightfully his and slipped his tongue into her waiting mouth. His hands were on her hips, while his tongue was exploring her upper jaw. Naina moaned and pulled him closer, so that even an atom inch of space is not left between them. They finally broke apart, and after a couple of more kisses, Sameer hugged her and whispered in her ear,
"Kal college thoda jaldi aana. Woh college ke peeche wali Khali factory hai na, hum theek aath baje waha par milenge"

He said so and finally released her. He settled his hair and went towards the Activity Room, leaving a flushed Naina behind.
_________________________________________

The very next morning, Naina woke up at 7:00 am sharp and took special care of her dress. She wore her favourite blue shirtwaist dress and made a nice twisted rope braid. She headed to the college by 7:40, telling Chachiji about how she wanted to go for the morning Aarti.

Naina reached the old factory by 8:05, and pushed open the entrance gate. The factory was completely destroyed, perhaps due to a fire. She headed towards the stairs and loudly shouted,
"Sameer"

She shouted his name for some more times, but no response came. She was looking around the factory dissapointedly, when a music soft tune started playing. She turned around and saw Sameer standing there. He was smiling widely at her, and Naina too grinned, recognising the song. She shyly moved towards him and he took her hand gingerly.

Hum lakh chupaye paayar magar

Duniya ko pata chal jayega

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Sameer placed his one hand on her waist and pulled her closer, as Naina's hand went to his shoulders. Their Hands should were interlocked like two C's and arms were relaxed in a bend. Sameer lead the dance, and shifted his weight to his right foot, and as they got the rhythm, the weight was shifted to his left foot and they moved clockwise.

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Hum laakh chupaye pyaar magar

Sameer held Naina and swayed her, as Naina giggled softly. Sameer started the rock step with left foot and the Naina with right foot, after which the dance picked up the pace and became pretty heated.

Yeh mast hawa mehki yeh fiza

Aankhon mein nasha sa chahta hai

Ek rang khushi ka aata hai

Ek Rang khushi ka jata hai

The couple became even more engrossed in the dance, as the duo moved around the factory, laughing and jumping.

Yeh meetha meetha dard mujhe

Din raat yuhi tadpayega

Naina mischeviously stepped on Sameer's toes, while he gasped. Naina laughed at him and he too smiled slightly.

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Hum lakh chupaye paayar magar

Sameer again pulled her towards him and went back to dancing. Soon he was twirling her around and she was laughing in mirth.

Tum in baahon ke ghere mein

Aankhe band kar ke so jao

Kal kya hoga yeh bhool ke tum

Meethe sapno mein kho jao

Sameer stopped dancing, and became mesmerized by her melodious laugh. Naina too stared at him, and the moment became too passionate for their own good.

Main rakhwala is tanman ka

Jo hoga dekha jayega

Sameer stroked her cheeks and Naina shivered. When the surroundings became too unbearable for him after all, he pulled her into a kiss and Naina responded enthusiastically. One kiss became many, and they stumbled upon an old stray mattress, on which they fell.

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

They still didn't leave each other's lips and Sameer came on top of Naina, while his hand went to her waist, feeling the soft flesh through the fabric. Naina moaned and hummed in satisfaction, as Sameer deepened the kiss even more and massaged her navel. They soon broke apart, gasping for air.

Hum lakh chupaye paayar magar

Duniya ko pata chal jayega

Lekin chup chup ke milne se

Milne ka maza to aayega

Sameer smiled widely, as he understood the very-true relevance of the song in their relationship, and grinned at the lyrics. Naina too listened the last lines, and blushed profusely. Sameer kissed her for one last time, before getting up. He helped her in setting her hair and clothes and walked out of the old factory with her, hand in hand.

Their first date went very fine, didn't it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 1.9K 23
Peep into the story ☺️! It's my first story so plz ignore my mistakes☺️
98.5K 11.4K 76
What happens when destiny pushes two strangers together to bind them together in a marriage??? A promise made two decades ago by two best friends, Ja...
11.7K 571 27
"I am here with another story on Farjaad and Umeed which is totally opposite to the drama. This is not a light mood story, it is a serious and differ...
1M 43.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...