One Dance

由 strawdolls

Bakugou just wants to be the top hero. Kirishima just wants to dance. Kirishima and Bakugou had been pining o... 更多

1| Singled Out
2| Settled
3| Despacito
5| Resolve
A Smol Doodle
6| His Hand
7| First Base
8| Funday
9| Broken
10| A Helping Hand
11| Last Friday Night
12| A Present
13| Heart to Heart
14| Pillow Talk
15| Best Friends Forever
16| Swalla-la-la
17| Fright Fest
18| Killing Time
19| Taste
20| Equilibrium
21| Return
22| Favorites
23| First
24| Lodging: Day One
25| Lodging: Day Two
26| Lodging: Day Three
27| Lodging: Day Four
28| Minutes 'til Midnight
29| Love Like You
Thank You! 💜

4| Viral

2.1K 134 265
由 strawdolls

Notes: I'm debating on whether or not to push out faster updates because I have another AU I wanna share, but at the same time it's too early in the year for me to be so overzealous bye

  ________________________________ 

Kirishima awoke from his deep slumber at the sound of the bedroom door shutting close. He stirred, stretching his limbs as he let out a quiet groan, his eyes half-lidded. The redhead gave his body a moment to wake up, and soon he peeked his messy head from under his covers and swiped at his mouth. The blond was nowhere to be found, the proof being the way his blanket was practically on the floor. Peering at the window, Kirishima noticed the orange slither of sun beaming through the shades. Letting out a groan and sitting upright, the redhead rubbed his eyes, then pulled loose the hair tie that failed to retrain his hair in its ponytail. He ruffled it gently, a migraine slowly beating its way into his skull.

They had drunk way too much last night. The boy gripped his stomach as it curdled and he felt as if last night's meal was about to come out, but he managed to keep it down. However, not wanting to risk puking his organs all over the floor, he rose up from the side of his bed and sluggishly slipped into his crocs, shuffling his way towards the bedroom door. The path to the bathroom felt longer than usual, every step making his headache more pronounced and the churning in his stomach more intense. He could barely make out the sound of the running shower over his own groans, and once he reached the door and jiggled the doorknob, he leaned his head against the door and groaned again. In the brief moment of silence, he could've sworn he heard his name being called out. He almost gasped, but the bubble rising in his chest canceled out that action. Knocking frantically, the boy called out, "Blasty, you in there?"

The shower stopped.

There was another moment of silence before the blond responded to him through the door. "The fuck is it, Shitty Hair?"

"I... I think I'm gonna be sick..."

The redhead squeezed his eyes shut, tightening his grip on his stomach as the blond shuffled around in the bathroom for a bit. He moved when he heard the door click, and as if an angel had open the door to heaven, Kirishima felt butterflies rise in his stomach when the blond gazed at him with his vermilion eyes, water dripping from his hair onto the rest of his bare chest. His eyes lingered downwards and traced the contour of his abs. His face heated up, overwhelmed. He gagged, too overwhelmed. Pushing past the blond and dropping down to the toilet, he felt bile quickly rise from his stomach to his throat, and soon the bitter liquid was making a hasty exit from his mouth, splashing into the clear toilet water beneath him. His chest heaved and loud coughing echoed throughout the bathroom.

Gasping for air, he gripped the sides of the toilet and groaned at the sour aftertaste left behind. He felt a hand touch his forehead and pull back the strands of hair that fell in his face and another hand gently rubbing against his back. Kirishima whimpered at the touch, tears stinging eyes as another wave of nausea hit him and he heaved, the sickening sound of retching disturbing the sweet moment of silence. The blond comforted him as he continued to empty his stomach into the toilet until eventually, all that was left were dry, heavy heaves. Bakugou stood first and brought the redhead up with him, supporting his body with one arm and reaching out to flush the toilet with the other. He brought him over to the sink and let him rinse his mouth out as he ran his fingers through his flat, wet hair. Charging up a small crackle of explosions in the tips of his fingers, he fluffed his hair out with a few pops, looking himself over in the mirror. When Kirishima was done with the sink, Bakugou hoisted the boy's arm over his shoulder and held him at the waist, guiding him slowly back towards their room. The air was still and peaceful, save for the slight creak of the floor beneath the combined weight of the two males.

Entering the room, Bakugou led his groggy friend to his bed, easing his body down on the mattress. Bakugou made a move to grab his blanket went a strong hand on his wrist prevented him from doing so. Startled, but not snatching his hand away, the blond glanced at Kirishima with a soft, befuddled frown on his face. He could feel the boy's hand shake as his grip tightened, his skin beginning to harden. "What're you doin', Red?"

Wordlessly, Kirishima tugged his arm, urging him to sit on the edge of the bed. The blond obeyed, and Kirishima crawled towards him and rested his head on his thigh, a sigh escaping his lips as the rest of his body refused to move further than that. As his labored breaths slackened to quiet huffs, Bakugou stroked his head, watching him drift further and further to sleep, the blond himself deep in thought. Kirishima came at the worst possible time; he silently prayed the stupid redhead didn't hear him moaning out to him in the shower. Him being hungover didn't mean he was still drunk, but part of him hoped he was.

Last night, Kaminari had dared Kirishima to chug the rest of the sake, the bottle being a third of the way empty. Being one that never backed down from a challenge, Kirishima snatched up the bottle and topped it off in less than ten seconds, slamming the empty liter on the table. Unimpressed, Kaminari had popped open another bottle, and the stupid challenge progressed from there. Bakugou was fascinated the dude didn't die from alcohol poisoning, but then again, Kirishima was one of the strongest people he knew in more ways than just physical strength. Witnessing all the other idiotic challenges the redhead seemingly always got into, he'd come to know Kirishima had an iron stomach, even if he was stuffing Bakugou's spiciest curry down his throat with no water to quench his exponentially increasing thirst. Aside from that, he'd battled the redhead plenty of times at UA to know the boy didn't lack physical strength or heart. They always trained and fought together, and if Kiri was lagging behind Bakugou in any way, he did all he could to catch up until they were an even match, but just barely.

Bakugou saw him as his equal, someone who could bring out the best in him; he was the calming eye of the internal cyclone the blond struggled against for years. He had a special place in his heart for him, a place that made the redhead being just his best friend an understatement. He had a feeling that Kiri felt the same way about him too; not only did Kirishima find him highly admirable, but no matter how many creative insults the blond came up with to push him away, he always stayed by his side with that bright, shark-tooth grin of his.

He loved him.

Kirishima rose from his slumber hours later. Compared to when he woke up earlier, he felt less like shit. Something was missing, though, a certain fuzzy-headed blond. Patting the space next to him, he didn't feel the soft, warm cushion he fell asleep on anymore. Kirishima sighed. It was nice of him to comfort him in the bathroom, though. Puking up last night's dinner totally wasn't manly. The sour taste from chucking up his insides still lingered on his tongue, and immediately his goal was to freshen up in the bathroom. As he passed through the living room, he noticed Kaminari and Mina hanging out on the couch and greeted them before making his way to the bathroom.

He showered, blew his nose, and of course, brushed his teeth and gargled after. Kirishima stared at himself in the mirror, his wet hair covering parts of his face and neck. He smiled to himself, thinking about how Bakugou had totally revealed the secret to his hair. Kiri had never been in the bathroom with the blond after he took a shower; he usually came in once he heard the sink running because he didn't want to accidentally invade the blond's privacy. This morning was the only exception. It was better that he came in when he did or else they would've spent the whole morning cleaning up stomach juices from the carpet. Kirishima slid open the medicine cabinet, various hair products, and styling tools filling most of the shelves. Kiri eyed his hair gel, contemplating whether or not he should take the time to gel his hair into his usual spikes. He hadn't really bothered to style his hair since they moved in; he just lazily pulled it back into a ponytail.

Gel made his hair really stiff, obviously, and though he liked having the freedom of not having to worry about his hair falling down into his eyes, the feeling of Bakugou's fingers running through his tresses made his ears tingle and butterflies flutter in his stomach. Nibbling on his bottom lip, he picked up a hair tie and pulled part of his hair into a half-up man bun. Satisfied, he returned to his two buddies in the living room.

"Lookin' good, dude!" Mina complimented, shooting him a thumbs up. Kaminari gave him a nod of approval, a mischievous smirk etched on his face.

"Trying to impress your mans?"

Mina elbowed the humanized Pikachu. "Shut up, Denki," she growled.

"What? I just want to congratulate my new favorite couple on making it to the Explore page on Instagram!"

Kiri's eyes widened. "The what!?"

Denki nodded. "Me, babe, Hanta and Pinky here posted it after Katsu carried you off to bed, and when we woke up this morning, we all had like, hundreds of comments."

"You shouldn't be so shocked anyway; we always end up on Explore with our routines," Mina beamed. "But it being Bakugou was a shocker."

Denki tilted his head at Kiri. "You haven't checked your phone, bro? I know I saw a lot of people tagging you under my post."

"I haven't. Hold up."

Kirishima jogged towards his room and went over to his nightstand, unplugging his phone from his charger, causing the screen to light up. Opening up the Instagram, the large, four digit numbers that popped up on the bottom right side of the screen was alarming. Even now, comments kept pouring in. Pressing his lips together and chewing on the skin of his bottom lip, he scratched the back of his neck as he re-entered the living room, phone in hand. Going to his own profile and going to posts he was tagged in, he tapped on the first video that came up, seeing it was on Kaminari's profile.

notpikachu @redriot @kingexplosionmurder i ship so hard after this performance 😭 EVERYONE SPAM WITH #KIRIBAKU IN THE COMMENTS ⚡💛
View all 549 comments
11 hours ago

Opening up the comments thread, Kirishima scrolled through some of the most popular comments.

zoomology this radiates big 🍆 energy uwu #KIRIBAKU
11h, 563 likes

flexxtape @redriot WE STAN A MANLY QUEEN!!!1!!1 #kiribaku @kingexplosionmurder
11h, 498 likes

denki_is_pikachu this makes my queer emo heart cry @kingexplosionmurder @redriot #kiribaku
11h, 436 likes

Feeling his face heat up, he gasped. "Wow, I'm honestly..."

"Elated?"

"Aroused?" Denki winked. Mina sent another elbow flying into the yellow head's side. "What?" Denki pouted, tending to his pained ribs. Kiri laughed nervously.

"I mean, I guess?" Pausing, his eyes went to Denki. "But, no, not aroused." Kiri brought his thumb to his lip, chewing on his nail as he thought aloud, "I wonder if he saw this yet..."

"Ei, he liked ALL our posts. He definitely saw it." Pointing towards the fridge, she added, "He even left you some stuff in the fridge."

Kirishima charged straight for it, tearing open the door where a fruit punch Gatorade sat atop a clear container. Taking both out, he noticed there was a small yellow sticky note attached to the bottle's cap. Peeling it off as he set the container on the countertop, he read the note quietly to himself.

Hope you feel less shitty, Shitty Hair
- Katsuki

A small smile crept along his face. He stuck the note to his shoulder before moving the Gatorade aside and popping open the container. There was another larger sticky note attached to the inside of the container.

Also, hope these oats are soft by the time you wake up
-Katsuki
P.S. you're a great dancer or whatever

His grin resurfaced. Impatient, Mina snapped her fingers in the air, bringing attention to herself as she cupped her hands at either side of her mouth, yelling, "Okay, but what did he say!"

"Oh," Kiri said. Inspecting the container, he saw that Bakugou had made him oatmeal with bananas and a literal dash of cinnamon. Well, it looked like he slapped the bottom of the cinnamon container, but the way the spice was slightly piled in the middle and speckled everywhere else made it look gourmet as hell. "He made oatmeal for me."

Rolling her eyes, she nodded her head at him. "And the note?"

Kiri smiled sheepishly. "Well... he said he hopes I'm feeling better and that I'm a great dancer..." He looked down on the oatmeal, blushing. "'Or whatever'..."

Mina screamed, scaring the shit out of Denki in the process. Jumping from the couch and dashing towards the redhead, she bounced up and down excitedly like a little kid. "Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod—" Stopping suddenly, she stomped her foot and yelled, "KIRI!"

"Ack! I'm right here!" The redhead complained. Mina apologized and took a deep breath, but the bubbly sweet attitude was still on her tongue.

"We should go out dancing for real! There's this popular Latin bar in Roppongi and we should totally go there for a triple date."

"Which means you have to ask out Bakubro," Denki chimed in. Putting a finger to his lip, he batted his eyelashes at the redhead, cooing, "Or should I say, Bakubabe?"

"This is a stretch, don't you think?" Kiri chuckled nervously. "We haven't even really talked yet."

"So? You can do all your talking and smooching on the dance floor! Just make him feel that sparkle, Kiri!"

Kiri tilted his head, his eyebrow raised at her. "It'll be just like that time we pretended to date."

"What!" Denki piped. Kirishima bit his lip. Mina glanced back at Denki.

"Oh right, you guys didn't know about that..." Sending a sheepish grimace the redhead's way, she squeaked, "Is it okay if I tell him?"

"Tch... Might as well," mumbled Kirishima, folding his arms over his chest. It was a part of his life he didn't want to reminisce about. Mina bounced over to Denki, leaning against the couch as she told the tale of their fake relationship.

"It was second year, I think. Kiri told me his parents were bugging him about getting a girlfriend—he hadn't come out to them yet—so like the great friend I am, I suggested I pretended to be his girlfriend around them so they'd leave him be. We just did couple-y shit around them and when it was close to graduation we 'broke up' annnd yeah!"

Denki blinked. "And this didn't complicate things between you guys?"

Kirishima scratched the side of his jaw. "Well—"

"Nope!" Mina interjected. "At the very least being, his best friend is better than being nothing at all!" Mina said almost too excitedly. "Besides, Bakugou is totally his soulmate. He's always staring at him like he's the greatest thing that's ever existed."

"Agreed," nodded Denki.

"R-Really?" Kirishima squeaked from behind them. Mina turned to glare at him.

"Dude, you never noticed!? He made you oatmeal!"

"Bakubro never cooks for me like he cooks for you!" Denki sneered.

Mina leaned back against the couch, counting all the things Bakugou does on her fingers. "He always sits next to you, he put up with tutoring you throughout high school, he lets you call him Blasty and Katsuki, he's least aggressive with you, shares a room with you and hasn't tried to kill you yet, and—" Gesturing at the oatmeal, she screamed, "HE. MADE. YOU. OATMEAL!"

Letting out a sigh, she stood and grabbed a spoon from the utensil drawer, stirring his oatmeal for him and took a scoop, waving it in front of his mouth. "We've practiced for this, yeah? Put it to good use."

"Yeah..." Kirishima started, gazing down at her in an attempt to get a read on her. Her expression was soft, as it was every time that situation was made into a topic. He knew she was genuinely trying to help, but he couldn't help but notice the pain shielded behind her otherwise vacuous expression. After all, it was their best and worst kept secret. "I will."

"Good." She shoved the spoon into his mouth and pivoted on her heels, heading towards her room without another word. Kirishima chewed his way through the softened bananas, breaking it down and eventually combining it with the softened oats. His cheeks puffy, he sighed through his nose.

"H-Hah, it's cold..." He whimpered, taking another spoonful, "But it's so good!"

Peeking over the back of the couch, Denki narrowed his eyes at the redhead, his sly smirk concealed behind the barrier of the couch. "Can I have some?"

"No."

________________________________

Notes: Hi I have a love-hate relationship with my own plot hgsldjv this was when I was setting up for a one shot prequel but... I got lazy 🌝

Also, Wattpad crashed when I was uploading this and I don't understand why since they update like, once a week? LMFAO!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1.5K 28
Kirishima and Bakugo have become good friends, but Kirishima wants more than that. Our red-head decided that after Blastys birthday would be a perfec...
855 12 11
"You like him don't you, tell him." "How could you stoup to this level, don't even try to say it was for us." There is some angst in this, and there...
42.1K 1.3K 17
ProHero Dynamight was too old for school crushes. In his years studying, he never really looked away from his goal to be the number one hero in the...
192K 5.7K 18
Katsuki Bakugou and Eijiro Kirishima have been boyfriends going to U.A. High School for almost half a year now. They're sure that they're perfect for...