Fake Smiles and Cut Wrists

By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

TRIGGER WARNING 14 year old Chandler Russell has a hard life to say the least. His dad is a drunk who beats h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: FINAL CHAPTER!

Chapter 27

86 7 11
By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

Chandler's POV
I woke up sweating and shaking, from another nightmare. I looked over at the alarm clock and it read 3:34 am. Today is Friday, meaning my friends get to come over.

I talked to Andy about how many people were allowed to spend the night, and he said at least under 10. He said Payton brought over 12 girls when they were painting her room. The thought of even having 12 friends blows my mind.

I have three if you count Laura. And I have a few acquaintances too. I know I say this all the time, but having friends is still very new to me, so I'm really happy with the people I've got.

And my tormentor since the first grade became my best friend, I never saw that coming.

If I keep thinking about the friends I've gained, maybe it'll keep my mind off my dream. It was terrible. Let's not think about that.

Let's think about how today I'm gonna have friends over. And we're gonna paint my bedroom.

For the first time in a while, I'm gonna have fun. And I'm not gonna worry about my dad or his friends. I'm only gonna worry about having fun with my friends.

Like a normal 14 year old.

---------------------------------------------------

I was getting ready to walk out the door when Andy stopped me.

"Hey, remember I'm gonna pick you and your friends up after school, that's okay with their parents right?" He asked me.

"Y-yes sir they already asked." I answered. "Okay, who all did you invite?" He asked. "Parker, Ava, Zay and Laura, u-unless that's too many people I could---" I started but Andy cut me off.

"That's fine kid. Laura and Ava are gonna have to sleep at least in a separate room than you though, okay?" He chuckled. All these people thinking negative. "Yes sir." I said laughing a little.

"Does that mean I can have boys over?" Payton asked. "Ummmmm I'm thinking not. We'll talk about it when your Chandlers age." Andy said.

Payton sighed.

"Alright you two, go wait for the bus." Andy said.

After a while of standing outside Payton broke the silence.

"So, is Laura your girlfriend?" Payton asked me. "U-Uh yeah, why?" I asked. "Well she's all you ever talk about, I figured you two are either dating, or you were a stalker." Payton shrugged.

I didn't know I talked about Laura that much.

"O-oh. I didn't know I talked about her that much." I mumbled. "Well you do. Also, why do you always stutter on the first word of your sentence?" She asked me. Here we go with the stutter.

"I don't know. I don't have a stutter." I said.

"Hey, you didn't sound nervous when you said that. You sounded confident. You should talk more like that." She said.

I wasn't really trying to sound confident, I was just trying not to stutter. Maybe I should try not to stutter more.

I was gonna say something, but then Payton's bus pulled up. "Well, bye Chandler!" Payton said and ran to her bus.

-------------------------------------------------

"Chandler. Go to guidance." I heard Ms. Mims say. "Yes ma'am." I say.

I really don't see the point of going to guidance everyday anymore. I mean, he's already helped me, isn't that enough?

Anyways, I guess I'll tell him about Laura, how she got shot but now she's okay.

But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bring up Keith, apparently one kid mentioned the shooting and he got ISS for a week.

Maybe I'll just tell him about Payton's new soccer ball.

(Lol that was so short but whatever.)
-------------------------------------------------

"Chandler? It's your turn!" I heard Parker say. We were sitting around the lunch table playing would you rather.

"Would you rather. . .run in gym class or learn more about reproductive health?" He asked me.

"Uhhh is neither an option?" I asked and they all laughed at me. "Well you better get ready because we're running in gym next week, oh and bring gym clothes too." Zay said.

"W-we don't have to change in front of people do we?" I asked nervously. Go ahead and laugh but I'm not confident when it comes to my body. (Or anything else in this story but ok lol)

I'm 90 pounds and I'm 14! And I'm pretty sure Laura is taller than me. And muscles? What do you think?

"Well yeah, it's gym class." Parker answered casually and I groaned.

"Awe, poor Chandler having to do high school things." Laura said smiling.

"I don't wannaaaaaaaa." I said with my head down. "Is today the last day we're learning about...that?" I asked Zay.

"Dude, it's health class. Probably not. They usually have a guy come in with a banana and a condom. But then we get in trouble for laughing." He said shaking his head at the last part. "That stuff shouldn't be allowed." I groaned.

"Chandler did you ever even wonder where babies come from when you were little?" Laura asked me. "Yep. When I was six I asked my dad and he said something about storks. I wish he was right." I answered. And boom, didn't even stutter.

Then I realized something.

"Wait. . .that means . . .my parents did THAT?" I exclaimed.

"Yes, they did. Sorry you had to find out this way." Parker said laughing.

"W-Why don't we talk about something else like umm...what does everyone wanna be when they grow up?" I ask, trying to change the topic because. . .ew.

"A veterinarian." Parker answered.

"I wanna graduate high school." Zay answers and the whole table laughs.

"What about you, Laura?" Parker asks. "I wanna ride a motorcycle. And I wanna marry Chandler. And have kids." She says, biting a French fry. Wait. Have kids?!

I looked at her so fast I almost got whiplash! "Umm kids?" I asked, shocked. "Yep, don't worry, you'll be more mature then...hopefully." She scratched her head and looked away awkwardly.

"What about you Chandler? What do you wanna be?" Zay asked me.

"I wanna be an actor, m-marry Laura and apparently have kids." I mumbled Laura smiled at me.

"An actor huh?" Zay asked. "Yeah, I know it's dumb but whatever." I mumbled. "Why is it dumb?" Laura asked me.

"Because I know it'll never happen." I mumbled, I thought they knew what I meant.

"You never know, it might." Parker said.

I was about to say something, but then the bell rang, telling us to go to 4th period.

--------------------------------------------------

It was after school, and Andy picked us all up. "Everyone got their stuff?" He asks. Everyone told him they did.

"Hey, Laura and Ava you girls are gonna have to sleep in a separate room, I'm not too strict about it but ya know. Just we'll put up sleeping bags in Payton's room or something before you go to sleep." Andy said. "Yes sir." Laura said and Ava nodded.

Right now, Ava was in the passenger seat because she's the oldest, Parker and Zay are in the middle row and me and Laura are in the very back.

Laura was gonna sit in the middle row, but she said she wanted to sit by me. It made me happy.

Andy said we were going to Walmart, to get paint and stuff for my room.

Payton wanted to come, but she had soccer practice that Andy's mom took her to. She told me not to pick a lame color of paint then walked away.

Her and Laura should be great friends.

"Hey, we should pull an all nighter tonight." Laura whispered. "I-I'll ask him later." I replied and she laughed. "You're such a goodie goodie." She said and grabbed my hand.

We were holding hands! This is great!

A/N: sorry this is such a filler chapter, but the next in is gonna be good I swear!

Chandler↓↓

^^ I know I've used it before but I edited it!!!

Byeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 173 26
Do you want a Chandler fanfiction that's totally unrealistic, dramaful, that will give you an emotional thrill ride that you won't forget? (Kinda exa...
64K 1.7K 32
[This Fanfiction is currently being constructed to fix Grammer and Plot mistakes.] Who would've thought I'd be the depressed teenager I am today? Kil...
263K 1.8K 52
CARL FUCKING GRIMES [completed] REQUESTS ARE CLOSED (Form is on the 'Production' page.) i feel like i should address that when there is any mature c...
75.9K 2.8K 47
|Book Two of the 'Forever' trilogy| Sequel to 'Forever Alone // Carl Grimes.' "Your journey will be hard. It will test the limits to your love for th...