E Z R A

By hoekahgay

The story of finding oneself. | NarutoxOC | More

i n t r o d u c t i o n ;
p r o l o u g e ;
t w o ;
t h r e e ;

O n e ;

1.3K 57 52
By hoekahgay

"Naruto you idiot, you let it get away!" Sakura Haruno yelled at the blonde. Naruto's head lowers as he rubs the back of his head.

"S-Sorry Sakura." He murmurs.

"Don't be sorry help us get it!" Sakura snarls. She sighed facepalming herself. "Just don't make any sudden movements, you'll scare it."

"Yeah yeah, no sudden movements. Got it." The hyper blonde replied as he took off deeper into the forest.

Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura looked at eachother before sighing and following their teammate.

"We have to get this cat and bring it back to Kakashi-Sensei." Sakura reminds the boys. "I've been out here all day for this stupid car."

"I said I was sorry!" Naruto stresses as he hides himself behind a bush. They fell quiet once they heard a soft hum in the distance.

"Naruto." Sasuke's eyes narrowed as he looked over at Naruto who nodded shortly. Ready to attack, the two of them jumped from the bushes.

Both of them were taken back when their eyes landed on a girl they've been familiar with, but never knew. Her skin was smooth like milk chocolate. Her hair puffy like a lion's mane, but soft and full of defined curls. Her eyes were slanted into an almond shape and here a color of honey. Her lips were full and plump and her nose small and dainty like a button. She hummed softly as she sung to the black cat; feeding it a piece of a rice ball she had been eating. She looked up between the two young boys before standing from her once kneeled position. Her eyes went from the raven to the blonde for a few seconds before she trained her eyes elsewhere.

"That cat." Sasuke says breaking the silence. "We need him for our mission."

"Then take him." The girl replies before turning her back to them. She looked over her shoulder to get one last look at the two boys before leaping into the trees, disappearing from sight. Naruto looked over at Sasuke.

"Geez Sasuke, your ugly face scared her away." He says frowning as he watched Sakura come into view and pick up the cat. She cradled the small animal in her arms, listening to it purr. Making the small girl smile warmly.

"Shut up you idiot." Sasuke scoffs. He then turns and begins his journey back towards the village, where their Sensei was waiting for their return.

"Who was that girl?" Naruto asks as they slowly walked through the pastures of grass.

"Ezra." Sakura says simply.

"Y-You know her?" Naruto's blue eyes traveled over to Sakura who continued to play with the cat in her arms as they walked.

"She was in the academy with us." Sakura says. "She's apart of  Team Mya."

"Ah with Tala and Zuri?" Naruto asked again. Sakura nodded slowly.

Naruto stared off in thought. She's so cute.

"You three did great." Kakashi spoke watching his student finally approach him. "Let's get him back to Lady Hokage."

The three youngs nodded before they began following their sensei. Naruto yawned and threw his hands behind his head as they walked.

"Ah, I'm so tired." He says.

"You haven't done anything Naruto." Sakura replies dryly.

"Chasing around that damn cat all day." The fox like boy furrowed his eyebrows.

"That you kept letting get away." Sasuke spoke up."

"Ah shaddup Sasuke no one asked you." Naruto frowns.

"Don't talk to Sasuke like that he was telling the truth!" Sakura came to her long time crush's aid.

"Hn." A smirk played on the young Uchiha's lips as he watched Naruto shrink the moment Sakura came to his defense.

******

"Ezra, where'd you run off to?" Mya Lorki spoke once her student appeared.

"I-It was a cat over there." She spoke softly as she pointed to the bushes. "I was seeing if it was lost."

"Hm, next time let me know when you're gonna wonder off, alright?" Mya says after a sigh.

"Yeah Ezra, you had us worried." Tala adds crossing her arms over her chest. Zuri took in a deep breath.

"It would've been troublesome to look for you." Zuri says. "You can suppress your chakra so we wouldn't have found you easily if you really wanted to."

"I'm sorry." Ezra lowers her head. A hand found it's way to the top of her head. She slowly looked up seeing Mya smiling at her.

"It's alright, just let us know when you run off okay?" She smiled at the young girl.

On impulse, she smiled back.

"Well since we found Ezra, we're done for the day." Mya says again. "I will see you guys tomorrow for some sparring alright?"

The three children nodded and Zuri quickly began walking off with Mya, leaving Tala and Ezra alone. They began walking shortly after.

"Ezra, are you gonna redo the chunnin exam?" Tala asked.

"No." Ezra replies. "I-I'm not strong enough."

"Nonsense!" Tala waves the ebony girl off. "You're as strong as Zuri is!"

Ezra scoffed softly as a smirk fell on her lips. She knew Tala was just trying to make her feel better. Ezra was clumsy, impulsive, and could barely even focus chakra to a ssingle point. She was great at hiding and supressing her chakra, on the count of her always running off form her Guardian. Ezra was just as weak as a beginner at the Academy. Or so she thought. Tala always seemed to beat her durng sparring and as far as Zuri, well he'd let anyone win if that meant he would be left alone to sleep somewhere.

Ezra pushed her hair out her face and sighed. "Thank you, Tala."

Tala giggled and looped her arm in Ezra's. The two kunoichi walked into the entrance gates of Konoha, where Kotetsu and Izumo waved slightly at them before they continued on their way.

"Are you hungry?" Tala asked as they walked onto the main street of the village. Ezra's honey infused irises landed on the dirt road they walked on.

"No." She replied. "I just wanna go home and relax honestly."

Tala's excitment slowly faded as she tried to keep a smile. She enjoyed Ezra. Eventhough she was quite odd, she liked her. Regardless if she was her teammate or not she was very fond of the darker toned girl. She was the only darker toned girl in the village, and it often made her stand out amongst the others. Tala firgured the small girl was from the cloud village, but Ezra was born and raised in the Village hidden in the leaves. Konohagakure.

"O-Okay then." Tala removes herself from the girl. "See you later then."

Ezra pressed her lips together in a short smile. "See you later, Tala."

Ezra then made a slight right where the road splits into three, her feet dragging along the gravel. She stuck her hands into the pockets of her shite shorts as she looked around at the village life. Kids younger than her twelve year old self played around in the streets. Elders sweapt in front of their homes or businesses. Younger adults walked back and forth talking amongst themselves. And those her age were practicing jutsus.

"Ah, that was delicious! Iruka Sensei can I have another bowl?" A familiar voice caught Ezra's attention. She looked over to see Ichiraku's Ramen. She's never been there before, but she's heard stories about their amazing ramen from Zuri, who often times come here.

Her eyes fell upon orange pants and an orange jacket with blue and white patches; an orange swirl plastered in the back of the jacket.

That kid.. She thought when she saw him. She stopped shortly to watch him as he smiled brightly at her former instructor. His smile was about as bright as the clothes he were wearing.

"Of course you can Naruto." Iruka replies before ordering Naruto another bowl.

"I had fun today with Kakashi-Sensei and Sakura." Naruto continues. "We found the cat. I lost it, but this girl lured her to him for us. It was nice of her. I wanted to tell her 'thank you', but she left so quickly because of stupid, ugly Sasuke." He poked his lip out in a pout as he thought about the young girl. He never thought he would meet someone more beautiful than his crush, Sakura. But then he laid eyes on Era and it changed his views on everything. He mentally hoped he'd see her again without the knowledge of her being right behind him, admiring him just a few feet away.

t h r e e  d a y s  l a t e r ;

Ezra woke in the morning and bathed as usual before dressing in her usual attaire-- White Shorts and White shirt. She'd left her hair in it's wet state and walked out of her room. Once she reached the main living area, her Guardian smiled at her.

"Good morning, Ezra." She coos. Her straight black hair pulled into a low ponytail. Her procelain skin was the opposite of Ezra's ebony tone, she was tall and slender with big brown eyes and a pointy nose.

"Good morning Toni." She replied as she sat at the dining table. She quickly ate her rice and eggs before watching her dishes and heading home. She found herself on the streets of Konoha. Remembering that she would be doing some jutsu training today, she walked into the direction of the training grounds. As she got onto the main road leading towards the gates entrance, a flash a orange caught her attention.

"KIBA YOU GET BACK HERE!" He grunted as they wizzed by. The blonde then tripped, causing Ezra to miss her step as well and stumble forward. The two fell and rolled; landing with Naruto on top.

The both of them stared at eachother speechless. So wrapped up into the other's gaze. Naruto hadn't realized he was blushing untill he blinked.

"O-oh uh sorry!" He quickly scrambled to his feet. He reached his hand out for Ezra to take. Hestantly, she took it; the both of them feeling a jolt of electricity shoot through them as Naruto pulled her up. He stared at her. He never seen eyes like her's before. Her skin would make a chocolate bar envy her because it was so smooth and rich. Her full lips mimicking a perfectly drawn heart.

"I-I uh," Naruto scratched his cheek searching for the words. "I'm sorry for bumping into you."

"It's okay." She replies. Her voice was even sweeter than sugar itself. What was this feeling that was coming over him? It was much different from the quick heart palpitations he'd get from seeing Sakura, no this was completely different. His hands had become clamy, he stuttered when he spoke, and his stomach churned in knots. What was this feeling?

"A-And also, thank you for the other day." Naruto says again. Ezra cocked an eyebrow. "F-For the c-cat. Y-you fed i-it a r-rice ball."

"O-Oh." Ezra's eyes traveled to the space between them. "You're welcome."

"I'm Na-Naruto by the way." He says rubbing a hand across the back of his neck. "Naruto Uzumaki."

"Ezra." The ebony replies. Her gaze turned up to the small blonde. He was shorter than her, about half an inch shorter to be exact. His bouncy blonde hair blowing in the wind. She noticed his six whiskers spread across his cheeks, and light freckles that danced across the bridge of his nose. He was an adorable kid; that's what she thought. Her eyes softened when she looked at him. "Ezra Takoiya."

Naruto nodded shortly. "It's nice to meet you." Naruto's attention directed over the girl's shoulder, to Kiba Inuzunka, who waved Naruto's 'Free Ramen' ticket in the air mockingly causing the young blonde to scowl.

"I-I'll see you later Ezra." Before the girl could respond, he took off running. She turned around to watch him go, looking as he chased after a boy much taller than he was.

******

"Who was that girl?" Kiba asked as he and Naruto sat side by side in the grass.

"Her name is Ezra." Naruto once again finds himself blushing. "She's gorgeous right?"

"Woah buddy, what happend to Sakura?"

"Who?" Naruto frowned.

Kiba chukled. "Sakura man." He replies. "The pink haired girl with the big forehead? Built like a boy."

Naruto chuckled feeling dumb about forgetting his crush for the girl. "Sakura isn't built like a boy." He says. "She just doesn't wear clothes that cling to her body; she can manuver better."

"Pft, okay." Kiba rolls his eyes.

"Anywyas, what about her?"

"I've never heard you acknowledge anyone as cute except for her." Kiba shrugs. "Now that girl comes along and you've forgotten all about Sakura."

"Heh." Naruto chuckled nervously. He couldn't help but wonder where or what Ezra was doing at that moment. He wondered if he would ever see her again soon. If he would ever get the chance to be close to her.

He wondered who her parents were, or if she even had parents in the first place. He wondered if she combed her hair that way or does she leave it like that purposely. He wondered why she chose to wear her leaf headband around her neck like a collar rather than on her head. He wondered what her favorite food was, or what it whatever it was that she didn't like. He wanted to know everything that made Ezra who she was. He was so interested in the girl that it bothered him.

He then stood and dusted himself off.

"Where ya goin?" Kiba asked watching the blonde's movements.

"Uh, nowhere in particular." Naruto answers, not wanting to tell his dog-like friend the real reason he was ditching him. "Just going for a walk. See you later, okay?"

"Sure, whatever." Kiba shrugged. "Akamaru and I will be here for a bit longer."

Naruto nodded before taking off towards the village.

I have to find her, I have to know her.

*****

Ezra wove her hand signs before positioning her hands as if she was holding a bow and arrow. Within seconds, flames emerged into such objects. Pulling the arrow as far back as she could, She aimed for the target a few feet away from her on a tree.

One.

Two.

Three.

She released the arrow and the bow quickly dissolved as she did. The arrow aborbed itself within the tree, before setting the tree on fire from the inside out. Again, she wove signs. A water ball appeared in her hands and she chucked it at the burning tree. Faint crackling could be heard.

"What other element styles you know?" A voice startled her making her jump and turn around. Her eyes fell on a small raven haired boy. White shorts and blue top. His mouth was hidden behind the wide collar of his shirt. His onyx crystals practically staring into her soul. Ezra was shook. She thought the boy could see straight through her. She knew who he was. Hell, the entire village knew who he was. She just didn't quite understand why he's talking to her of all people.

"Wha-What?" She asked taking a step back. He stepped forwards to her, hands in the white pockets of his shorts. His arm warmers slouched perfectly onto his arms. Leaf headband decorating his forehead, as his raven locks fell in his face.

"Water, fire." He says again. "What other chakra natures do you know?" He stopped shortly of the girl and looked at her with curiousity written all over his face. He usually comes here to train in the middle of the day but watching Ezra interested him. He's been watching her from the trees for about thirty minutes and was quite impressed with her arsenal of jutsus. He knew she was something different, from how she didn't ogle over him when she laid eyes on him. She didn't blush; she just looked at him as if he was just any other person.

"That's all I know." She replies tearing her gaze away from him.

"Your fire technique," He cocks an eyebrow. "Is that a technique of your clan?"

The girl shrugged. "I-I don't know." She chewed on her bottom lip. The raven haired boy's eyes slightly widened. Was she alone like he and Naruto?

"How do you not know your clan's special jutsu?" He asked.

"I-I don't know anyone from my clan." The girl began to fidget under his strong gaze.

"Your name, what is it?"

"E-Ezra." She says. "Ezra Takoiya."

"Hn." He replies.

"You're not gonna tell me your name?" Ezra tilted her head to the side.

"Sasuke Uchiha." He says pretty taken back that the girl didn't know who he was.

"You're the only one from your clan aren't you?" She asked.

"You know of the Uchiha?" He asked.

"My guardian told me that the Uchiha were one of the most strongest Shinobi of the village." Ezra says again. "I-I don't understand how that's possible if they're practically extinct by now."

Sasuke's eyes narrowed. "Don't you dare second guess the Uchiha."

Ezra noticed the fire in the young raven's eyes when he spoke. It almost amused her.

"I was just saying." She says with a shrug. "I'm not taking it back though."

Sasuke didn't know if he should be drawn to her more or punch her in the face. She disrespected his clan without even knowing what exactly happend.

"You're annoying." He says shutting his eyes.

"Then leave." She shoots back. Again, he glared at her. "I was minding my own business untill you decided to be all into it."

"Sasuke what are you doing here?" A familiar voice filled the air that both of them stood in. Tearing their intense gaze from one another, they seen Naruto approaching them.

"I was trying to train, but there's someone in my way." He says as he glares at Ezra.

"I was here first." She crosses her arms. "You can find somewhere else."

"Tch." Sasuke grunted. He was half a second away from showing this girl just what the Uchiha was made of.

Naruto on the other hand, pointed and laughed at Sauske. "Finally there's a girl who isn't drooling over you and completely hates your guts!" He spits between laughs.

"Shut up you idiot!" Sasuke grunts.

Ezra looks between the two boys. She could tell they were close friends from how they argued with eachother. Naruto being sporadic with his actions; wailing his arms in the air and jumping around while Sasuke stood there with his eyes closed and brow furrowed, giving heartless comebacks to rile up the blonde. Looking at the two made her giggle, casuing their bickering to stop and listen to her. Both of the boys blushing slightly.

"Wha-What's so funny?" Naruto asked looking over at the honey eyed beauty before him.

"You two are really close aren't you?" She asked once her giggles died down. The two boys looked at one another before quickly turning their heads awat from eachother.

"With him?! No way!" Naruto shouted throwing his hands behind his head. "He's such an asshole."

"I'd rather be an asshole than a brain dead idiot."

Snickering could be heard from the girl.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU BASTARD!" Naruto yelled ready to fight. Sasuke took in a deep breath and raised his foot, kicking Naruto in the center of his chest and knocking him on the ground. His foot resting ontop of the boy's chest once he'd hit the ground.

"You can never beat me Naruto, remember that." Sasuke says before removing his foot from the blonde. He then turned on his heels and walked away. Naruto jumped up and pointed after the Uchiha.

"Sasuke you bastard, you just wait!" He yells . "I'll kick your ass one day, Believe it!"

Sasuke gave Naruto a flimsy wave as he continued walking.

"Gr, I hate him." Naruto frowned before dusting himself off. He turned to Ezra who was now trying to tame the mane she called hair. She pushed it all together and used a tie to tie it into a bun.

"So, w-what were you training on?" Naruto asked as he teetered on his heels.

"M-My ninjutsu." She replied.

"Really?!" Naruto's eyes lit up. "Can I see?!"

Seeing the young boy so excited did something to her. She couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Choose a target." She says throwing an arm out at the many trees with Targets plastered on them.

The blonde's eyes lit up once more. "Really?!"

She nodded his way and watched as his eyes scanned the many available targets.

"Hmmmm, that one!" He points over to the one that was the furthest from them a little deeper into the forest.

"I've never been able to get that one." She says. "But, we'll see." She took in a deep breath and slowly weaved her signs. Naruto watching her every move. Once the bow and arrow appeared within her hands, Naruto's mouth fell open in awe.

"Wow." He says under his breath. This girl is so cool!

Ezra pulled the arrow back as far as it would go before narrowing her eyes to lock onto her target. She then took in a mass of air into her lungs.

One.

Two.

Three.

She let go of the arrow, the wizzing sound the only thing breaking the still silence. It glided through the other trees surrounding her said target. The anxiety was killing her. Looking back at Naruto briefly, she began walking into the forest. Naruto following closely behind her. Hearing crackling wood, Ezra bit her lip as she quickened her pace towards the tree. Before they knew it, they stood a few feet away from the tree engulfed ini flames. Ezra used her water ball technique and before they knew it, the tree was no longer on fire.

W-Wow Ezra, you're amazing!" Naruto says jumping up and down. "You know both fire and water?!"

Ezra pursed her lips together. "Thank you, Naruto."

He smiled a closed eyed smile at her causing something in her stomach to swirl around.

What was this feeling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.8K 63
After the rage of war, Naruto finds himself in a completely new territory which he must overcome to become Hokage! Doki doki... Whatever that means. ...
38.9K 674 24
you are so so excited to go on your first missionโ€‹ the only weird thing is it's a solo mission you soon find out why and on that mission you mean Sas...
21.5K 461 139
" love is like an ocean...exquisite yet dangerous... " -Dozo Yakuin
242K 11.4K 34
โNOWADAYS I WANT TO SEE YOU IN MY DAYDREAMS.โž