Heaven [Book 3]

By Lexy_VLover

❝hell was the journey but it brought me heaven❞ Four years later Leon and Francesca have found their way back... More

[i.] foreword
[0.] Strike A Hundred
[1.] That Was The Start Of My New Life
[2.] I'm Getting Married
[3.] It's Time To Be Her Friend Again
[4.] It Felt Good To Be Home
[5.] There's No Turning Back Now
[6.] I Lost The Love Of My Life So Nothing Else Mattered
[7.] I Wanted To Be Perfect For Her But It Wasn't Perfect For Me
[8.] She Could Not Be Back
[9.] He Will Never Be Able To Let Her Go
[10.] You Had Taken The Breakup Even Worse Than Her
[11.] Maybe One Day
[12.] My Best Friend Chose To Leave Me
[13.] I Am Making The Same Mistake
[14.] My Worst Fear Has Come True
[15.] I Wanted To Ruin My Life
[16.] He Will Always Come Back To You
[17.] Attack
[18.] Three Fifty-Nine
[19.] She Needs Somebody
[20.] The Best Man I Have Ever Known
[22.] Let's Get Out There And Kill It
[23.] I Knew You Two Could Work It Out
[24.] The Plan Was Foolproof

[21.] Nothing Happened

52 4 0
By Lexy_VLover

WEDDINGS ARE NOT fun, so never listen to anybody who ever tells you that.

I love Ludmila more than life itself, but I have never hated her more. Camila and I have been dragged around for the last few hours, and we have come out with nothing. Absolutely nothing. My feet are aching and I have to beg Ludmila to let us relax for a few minutes.

"I have to go. I have a meeting in two hours. But I have already tried on my dress, so I am all set. I will see you on Friday, love." Camila kisses Ludmila's cheek. As she walks away, she sends a cheeky wink my way and I glare at her.

If only I could get away that easily.

"Leon!" A voice, which I instantly (guiltily) immediately recognise as Francesca's, pauses before sounding again, "and Ludmila."

Ludmila's expression softened. No matter how she had felt about her, her father has passed away a month ago and she felt sympathetic.

"Wedding planning," Ludmila says. There is a flash of pain on Francesca's face, perhaps the knowledge that she completely excluded from it. However, she forces a smile onto her face.

"I remember you wanted a spring wedding. I always said I preferred summer, but you said spring was even more beautiful. Oh the books you filled with pictures hastily cut from magazines. We had never put so much effort into anything before. Your mother would laugh at us while reminding us that our wedding would not be the pinnacle of our lives.

"I remember being so jealous of yours because it just looked so much better than mine. Leon always laughed at mine and said that it was some stupid dream of mine. But god, it made us so happy. Dreaming about the perfect dress, perfect colours, perfect venue, perfect table arrangements and of course the perfect groom." There is a wistful, glassy look in her eyes as she trails off.

Ludmila quickly swipes at a tear. She groans before pulling Francesca into a hug. I look away, feeling as if I was intruding. I felt my heart get lighter knowing that they had finally reconciled. It was difficult to make peace with Christian's death, but not having her best friend made it worse.

Francesca and I had spent an alarming amount of time together, but Ludmila allowed it. She had questioned why it was always me and not her boyfriend, but she soon let that go as well. Deep down I knew that I was probably crossing a line, but I was too selfish to care. Besides, she just needed a friend. We had made it pretty clear that a relationship could never be on the table.

"I am so sorry," Ludmila says, pulling away.

"No, you had every right to say all of those things to me. I totally understand. I am just overjoyed that we have made it through that." Francesca smiles.

"Well Leon, I think you know exactly where we are going now. This will be an ambitious attempt, but I am sure she can pull it off," Ludmila says smirking. I make a disgruntled noise.

"Let's go dress fitting!"

If I had thought I was miserable before, I was a dysfunctional mess now. Ludmila's part was easy. She tried on the dress and got a few last minute alterations to the dress. She looked like an angel as she stood in front of the mirror, a soft smile on her lips. This was the perfect dress for her, and I could only imagine Diego's reaction on the wedding day...and night.

Francesca was the problem. For some reason none of the dresses were fitting her well, and it was exhausting. Her footsteps got heavier each time and she trudged towards the fitting rooms again and again. Even Ludmila, who reveled in all things related to dresses, was infuriated. She had downed way too many glasses of champagne to keep her annoyance at bay.

"Guys, I really think this is the one." My interest piqued and I looked up from the home magazine I had been skimming through.

She stepped out and the breath was knocked literally out of my chest. It was a dark blue, floor-length dress that had a chiffon layer on the top and a halter strap. She twirled around slightly, and the bottom billowed out around her slightly. I swallowed hard and managed a weak smile.

"It's fantastic. A winner." She smiles gratefully and turns to Ludmila, the head judge.

"Beautiful."

When all the paying is done, I pull Ludmila slightly to the side. I tell her that although it was good to see the her and Francesca getting along, they still needed to talk. So I left, praying that everything would be fine.

I SLIPPED ON my shoes and met Ludmila inside her room to escort her to the rehearsal dinner.

She had been walking on air the entire week leading up to her wedding. That same day she had called me with the good news of her conversation with Francesca. They had finally understood each other, and even though things would not be the same just yet, they were certainly on their way. On top of that, she and Diego had been attached to the hip and more in love than ever.

"It's weird, it's not even the real thing but I already feel happier than ever," She says. I sling an arm around her and smile.

"There's nothing wrong with that. You know, I am so proud of you. Look at how far you have come, and on top of all of that you have managed to find love and build a steady, committed relationship." I press a light kiss on the top of her head.

We walk out of the room and I lead her down the twisting hallways and down a few flights of stairs before we finally reach our hall. The hall was beautifully decorated and I could see Ludmila's mouth drop open.

There is one long table in the middle for the select guests who will be here tonight adorned with a crisp white, embroidered tablecloth with elegant vases filled with white roses and lilies. The ceiling is decorated with vines hanging across and flowers. The front back has an arch that follows similar arrangements. In front of the table is an open space to act as a dance floor as we practice the first few dances.

"And it will be even better tomorrow," I whisper and she nods with a quiet hum.

Francesca walks in on Tomas' arm in a blue dress that resembles the one she will wear tomorrow. She catches my eye and smiles warmly. All I can think about is that dress and how much I wanted to be the one to take it off her. When Tomas smiles as well, guilt pools in my stomach and I force those thoughts away.

He must know about the time we spend together. By general calculation, it is as much as she spends with him, if not more. She was really lucky to find him, and I'll be damned if I mess that up.

When it is time for the dances, Ludmila pairs me up with Francesca. I do not fail to see the smug look on her face when I send her the best glare that I could muster amidst my shock. Everybody who will stand with Ludmila and Diego must take part in the second dance which is why Francesca was pulled away from her boyfriend.

The dance is horrific, at least ours is. It is not because of awkwardness or anything, we are simply terrible. Ludmila groans in frustration and sends the two of us to another room to practise on our own. Francesca giggles as she pulls me into a room.

She steps closer to me and places her hand on my shoulder delicately. I am suddenly aware of the fact that we are very alone and very close. I take a deep breath and try to my move, but my feet are lodged in their place. Francesca tips over slightly, and I scramble to steady her. She lets out a soft exhale of relief which I feel on my chin.

Fuck.

She looks up and my gaze locks onto hers. Her eyes seemed to sparkle and her lips were still slightly parted. Shivers ran through my spine. I allowed my eyes to leave hers but they instantly fell on her lips.

Shit.

The angle of our faces meant that if she just tiled upwards slightly, our lips would be connected. There was nothing I had ever wanted more. My fingers touch her chin and she closes her eyes for a second before opening them again, this time with a new kind of heat in them. As I begin to tilt her chin upwards, we hear footsteps.

We jump apart just as Ludmila walks in. She calls us back. She sends me a look that tells me that my flustered look and heavy breathing has not gone unnoticed.

But nothing happened. Which was good, nothing should have happened.

But it almost did.

It's been a month. I'm honestly just so tired. I love this book and everything that I want to write in it, but I just don't have the time. I'm too busy with school, reading fan fictions and crying over Endgame.

I'll probably just write everything and post it all at once at one point. I just want it finished, but properly.

Thank you for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 982 26
When Violetta is 17 she wants to leave the country. Leon, her boyfriend, doesn't come with her. After four years Violetta and Tomas return together t...
24.8K 649 55
The Continuation of what happens after they are Stepsisters..
2.8K 180 29
❝even if we can't find heaven I'd walk through hell with you❞ Francesca and Leon are finally together -despite everybody's disbelief-. Francesca trus...
9.4K 168 45
In this sequel of Leonetta's Forevermore, there are some things that are different and some things that never change. It's been 5 years since the inc...