The Other Forbes (Kol and Kla...

By charlottereaddd

(Kind of season three but not following most of the actual plot) Caroline Forbes loves her family, but none m... More

Chapter 1: Honey I'm Home!
Chapter 2: Get Your Fangs Away From Me
Chapter 3: Wearing A Sheet In Front of An Original...
Chapter 4: Dress Shopping? Kill me Now
Chapter 5: This May be A Ball But I'm Not Having A Ball
Chapter 6: Birthday Pains
Chapter 7: Back With The Devil
Chapter 8: Maybe 'Goodnight' Will Be Our Always?
Chapter 9: Bite Me Again And I'll Throw A Tractor At You
Chapter 10: OMG TAYLOR
Chapter 11: Yer A Wizard Violet
Chapter 12: Drawing A Hybrid Totally Not Creepy Right?
Chapter 13: Aneurysms and Waking Up To Kisses... What Next?
Chapter 14: Ah Memories. Where'd You Go?
Chapter 15: Concequences Of Snapping Necks
Chapter 16: How To Distract A Hybrid...
Chapter 17: Hey Would you Look At That! You Do Have Feelings!
Chapter 18: Take It From My Point Of View
Chapter 19: The Other Side?
Chapter 20: *Music Plays* Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
Chapter 21: This Is Gonna Suck... Literally...
Chapter 22: Back To Normal? Pah, Not Likely...
Chapter 23: Wait What
Chapter 24: Damien Arc And Pizza Nights
Chapter 25: Fancy A Drink Damon?
Chapter 26: Stop Calling Me!
Chapter 27: Valentina Roseletti Lies and Switches
Chapter 28: Flashbacks
Chapter 29: Dead twins.
Chapter 30: Ugh Torture Is The Worst
Chapter 31: When All Else Fails Do Cheer Practice....
Chapter 32: Frenemies?
Chapter 34: Da Fuq?
Chapter 35: Woah Dude Not Cool
Chapter 36: Well THAT Was Unexpected.
Chapter 37: Darn My Goofy Smile!
Chapter 38: Damn You Niklaus Mikaelson.
Chapter 39: Life's A Bitch. Deal With It
Chapter 40: Tis Time To Party
Chapter 41: I Really Dont Like People
Chapter 42: SCHOOL TIME!
Chapter 43: Dance Dance We're Falling Apart To Have Time...
Chapter 44: Totally Not Gnarly Dude.
Chapter 45: The End?
Chapter 46: Well Would You Look At That!
Chapter 47: Hybrid on the loose.
Chapter 48: Are You FREAKING Kidding Me?!
Chapter 49: I Literally Can't Think Of A Chapter Name.
Chapter 50: The Last Dance
Sequel?
;)

Chapter 33: Everything's Better When You're Drunk!

7.7K 130 15
By charlottereaddd

Important A/N at the end!

I actually managed to wake up of my own accord this morning. I don't know why but I seemed miserable.

Nothing bad has happened recently but today was apparently a down day for me. It had been a month since Valentina and I began our 'deal'.

She's already moved into town but no one else knows that apart from Alex, Damien and I.

Damien was reluctant at first about keeping it a secret but after Valentina threatened him, he was more cooperative.

Even though it was a horrendously good day, I decided to go out and do painting anyway. I really didn't like the sun. When I was a human I didn't like it but now I'm a vampire... My hate for it has been magnified.

Packing up my painting things, I glanced over to my phone to find I had a missed call. How? I had been up for ages?

It says I received it an hour ago... Oh, I was out uh... 'getting food' an hour ago. I played the voice mail that was left:

"Heeeeeeeey Violet! I'm coming home soon! Maybe in a day or so? I don't know- I told you before, you aren't leaving!" Another male voice cut in and I raised my eyebrows.

"Shut up! Anyway, I may be bringing my friend along- You better be! - So I'll see you lat-" The call cut out with the sound of crashing and Taylor going 'ow'.

Finally! He's coming back, I've been waiting for ages for him to return to Mystic Falls. Now I wont be alone at the grill when I need to complain to someone.

That's kind of made my mood happier but I still felt down in the dumps. I finished gathering my paint things and left the house.

Now was the hard choice... Where to paint? I wasn't feeling the woods today and I definitely wasn't going in public to do it.

Wickery bridge maybe? That's fairly decent and not many people go past here unless they're in a car.

Ok, I'll go to Wickery bridge.

Thankfully, I actually remembered the way to the bridge and luckily there were no people around. I set up my canvas and pencils and got to work.

Considering how bright the sun was shining, it cast a nice affect over the bridge. I guess the sun wins this time...

I had my headphones plugged in so I couldn't really hear anything apart from my music.

I must have been at least 20 minutes into it when a hand tapped my shoulder and I leaped out of my skin. Thank God I wasn't drawing when they done that.

I spun around whilst ripping my headphones and was about to shout at whoever it was but I calmed when Elena stood behind me with her hands raised.

"Woah Violet, its just me." She laughed and I relaxed. She looked normal with her straight brown hair overlapping her shoulders and a casual outfit.

"Sorry, you surprised me." I laughed with her, setting my pencils down. I glanced to my picture at back to me.

"That's really good, did Klaus teach you?" She asked and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Uh no, I taught myself." I said with a questioning look "What makes you think Klaus taught me?"

"Oh, well you're always at the mansion so I thought that it may be something you were doing."

"Well, to be honest, most of the times that I would be around there I was kidnapped against my own will." I explained and her mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"Well, you're a really good artist." She quickly recovered, adding a sweet smile at the end.

"How have you been?" I asked "You know, with the whole vampire thing."

"It's been hard... I mean, Stefan's helping me through it." She had a weak smile at the end.

"You and Stefan are still together?"

"Yes, what makes you think I wouldn't be?"

"Well you know, with the whole Damon thing...?" I frowned slightly because I swear Caroline told me the other day that Elena was having problems with Stefan because she kissed Damon.

"I knew it... The little copycat." She muttered to herself, pulling out her phone and pressing some buttons. I was so confused right now.

"What?"

"I told Stefan she was no good." She smirked to herself and that's when it clicked. It wasn't Elena in front of me, it was Katherine.

"What the hell are you doing here Katherine?" I hissed, feeling nothing but hate towards her. It was her fault that I was alive and a vampire.

"Oh, nothing much... Just investigating my doppelgängers life. I hear you've had some of that too," She tilted her head to the side "How is Valentina?"

"You know her?" I asked, gritting my teeth. I was angry at myself at how easily I was fooled to thinking she was Elena.

"Obviously, how do you think she turned out way the is?"

Of course, Katherine's influence.

"Why cant you just go away and leave us alone?"

"Whats the fun in that?" She flipped her hair over her shoulder on one side and leaned in closer "I want to cause trouble."

I glared at her as she disappeared. My gaze remained in the place that she stood in for a few moments before I let out a loud growl of annoyance.

It seemed my bad day could get worse.

I looked back to my picture and in my frustration, grabbed the nearest bottle of paint I could get and squirted it all over my picture, imagining it was Katherine's stupid face.

Black paint splashed over the canvas and once I was done with that bottle I grabbed another, letting red trash the picture.

All this time I was growling in frustration. After four more bottles of different coloured paint I was finished and had officially ruined my canvas.

I roughly sat myself down ground and buried my face into my hands.

See, all of this would have been so much easier of my emotions off. I would have had the confident to sass Katherine back but oh no, my weak little ass had to get nervous.

I felt wetness on my hand and I didn't actually realize that I was crying. Wow, that's how weak I am.

I literally felt so down. Usually when I felt this, I would listen to Fall Out Boy or talk to Kol when we were together... But thinking about doing that just makes me feel awkward.

All this time and I haven't told him how I actually felt. That was another thing that was bringing me down, I was keeping him in the dark when I really should tell him.

I think I ended up sitting by the side of the road for at least an hour before I had the sense to pack up my things, go home and cry there.

The paint on the canvas had mostly dried but I didn't care if I got it on me.

I decided to walk home at human speed instead of vamp speed. I didn't really want to go home because Caroline was there and she'll most likely want to know whats wrong.

You know those moods that nothing can cure? The ones where you can literally just lie in an empty room for hours because you feel so bad? Well that's how I felt. But imagine it magnified.

Since becoming a vampire, I had difficulty with maintaining my emotions which has made my life even more tiring.

Before I got into my house, I used my strength to crush the wood in the canvas and shove it in the bin. Since it was a fairly big spread, the top part stuck out the bin and I couldn't be bothered to break it more.

I snuck in the house and dumped all my things on my floor before crashing onto my bed. I wiped under my eyes to make sure I didn't have make up smudged under them from crying in case Caroline came in.

Was there a way to ignore these feelings? Alcohol seemed to pop into my mind at this point. Perhaps that would be easier... The drinking will distract me from my hollow feeling.

Knowing my Mom didn't keep any alcohol in the house, I had to actually go out and compel for some.

Before I left the house through my window, I checked my appearance in the mirror. Ah, I had paint on my face.

I washed my face off and reapplied some make up before swiftly sneaking out the window and vampire speeding to the Mystic Grill.

It wasn't busy when I got there which was better so people wouldn't ask question on why I was drinking.

Matt was at the bar at the time and I felt bad about asking him for alcohol because its against the law.

He looked up from a cup he was drying and smiled "Violet, hey." I perched myself on a stool and returned the smile even though it was forced.

"Hey Matt. haven't seen you in a while."

"Yea, I guess I haven't recognized you with you changing your hair all the time." He waved his hand around his hair "Love the pink by the way."

I laughed at him and he joined in. Huh, maybe talking to people would make me feel better.

"So what brings you in here?" He asked and a guilty look covered my face.

"I was wondering if I could get some alcohol." I bit my lip slightly before adding "I wont drink it here! Just need a bottle of Scotch or something."

Matt looked like he was having a battle inside his head on whether he would or not. He let out a loud sigh and I nodded my head, taking it as a no.

"Go around the back, I'll give it to you there." He sighed again, picking up another wet glass and drying it. My eyes widened in surprise and I grinned.

"Thanks Matt!"

I hopped off the stool and made my way to the back of the grill and waited for Matt. He eventually arrived with a full bottle of scotch hidden by his side.

We traded items as I give him a twenty for it.

"Keep the change, thanks so much." I said, hugging him lightly with the bottle still in my hand.

He laughed into my shoulder and pulled away "No problem. you wouldn't be asking unless you really wanted it."

I bid him goodbye and he went back to work. I tucked the bottle into my jacket and casually strolled away from the grill, whistling in the stereotypical way.

I made it to a stretch of road where there were no cars and I finally brought the bottle out of my jacket and unscrewed the lid, taking long gulps.

I ignored the burning feeling and continued drinking until half the bottle was gone.

I could feel a dull buzz in my mind, good to know it was working. My emotions seemed to have been dimmed so I carried on drinking.

I made sure I savoured the other half of the bottle, taking small but grateful mouthfuls.

It seemed that Scotch affected me way more then other alcohol and soon enough I was tripping over my own feet and stumbling around on the path.

I wasn't aware of the cars that were whizzing past me, a few honking their horns but I ignored them as it just came out as a blur of noise.

After a while, the sound of the cars annoyed me so I dragged my feet in the direction of the forest.

Finally I finished my bottle of Scotch and I pouted, carelessly tossing it on the floor.

Wind blew through my hair and the smell of grass and wild flowers filled my nose. I always loved nature, even more so when I was drunk.

I was walking past a tree when my foot caught on a root that was sticking out the ground. Of course, my reaction time was crap right now so I couldn't stop my face from smacking into the soft forest floor.

However, I seemed to find this utterly hilarious and laughter erupted from my mouth. I even shed a few tears because I found it that funny.

When my laughter finally died down, I just lay on the floor, looking up into the tree as some light forked through the cracks in the leaves.

Oh no... My soberness was seeping through as Kol popped into my mind.

Should I tell him? But the thing that was stopping me I guess was that I was scared.

Scared of having something happen and I would feel like absolute crap again. Now that my emotions were permanently on, I probably wouldn't be able to deal with another blow like before with Valentina.

Right, I needed more alcohol. I'm pretty sure Matt wont give me anymore and I didn't want to compel any of his coworkers at the bar and risk him seeing me. I didn't want to steal from a shop.

The only places I knew had free alcohol was the Boarding house and the mansion.

Decisions on which one... In the mansion I will most likely bump into Kol or Klaus and that wont go very well.

The boarding house however was usually deserted with Damon and Stefan chasing after Elena, wiping her nose every time that she sneezed.

Wow, that was harsh of me.... It's true though. Her life cant go wrong with a Salvatore at each side.

Ok, Salvatore Boarding house it is. I pulled myself up and examined my surroundings. I think I knew where I was.

I used my speed to to make it easier for me to find it, I'm surprised I didn't run into any trees on the way.

Finally, I made it to the boarding house, only took me about 5 minutes actually. I couldn't hear any movement from in there so I quickly slipped in.

The parlour was empty so I grabbed two bottle of scotch and rushed out, only to bump into a chest.

Stefan stood in front of me with a disapproving look.

"Don't judge me sir." I pouted, he went to grab the bottles but I was two steps ahead of him, whooshing to the other side of the room.

"Please can I have them? I'll pay Damon." I offered but he just sighed.

"Why do you need them Violet?"

I paused before answering, contemplating if I should share my problems with him "I'm troubled."

"Mm, about what?"

"Oh no, I'm not discussing my problems with you. I cant even talk to my sister about them." I groaned.

"If you talk to me, I'll let you have the alcohol." Stefan bargained and I nodded instantly. If I were to tell him when I was drunk, it would be a lot easier.

He guided me to the couch and I unscrewed the lid of one of the bottles and drank a hefty amount before offering it to him. Instead of drinking it out the bottle, he poured himself a glass.

"So," Stefan began, leaning back on the couch and taking a mouthful of scotch "What's troubling you?"

"Well... I don't know really. It's mostly about Kol." I muttered at the end, feeling awkward about talking about boys to him

"Let me guess, you still love him?"

"Oh, well yea I guess... But I'm scared of, you know, getting with him again because of what happened last time." I trailed off and grimaced, taking a long sip of scotch.

I mean, Valentina and I are on stable terms right now but that doesn't mean I don't hate her for what she did.

"So what? It was one mistake." Stefan shrugged his shoulders "You can see how much you love each other. Even a blind man could see it."

I rolled my eyes  and downed the rest of the bottle "Speaking of mistakes... What's going on with you and Elena?"

Stefan let out a little sigh before topping up his glass and swallowing it in one "It's complicated."

"So is mine. Deal with it."

"Fine. I think... Actually, I know she's developed feelings for Damon. Ever since she was turned her emotions have been magnified... Mostly the ones for Damon."

I pouted my lip and reached over to pat him on the shoulder but considering I was still slightly drunk, I toppled over and landed straight on his chest.

"GAH!" I shouted as I fell and Stefan grunted as I casually lay on his lap.

"Umm." A new voice spoke and I lurched my head up to find Elena standing at the door.

"Elena." Stefan sat up so quickly that he didn't give me anytime to get up so I crashed to the floor, landing on my face.

"It's not what it looks like." Stefan explained.

"Your chest is really hard." I mumbled from the floor whilst rubbing my slightly aching face.

"It's ok Stefan. I understand." Elena replied, her voice wobbling slightly. Wait? She thought we were making out or something?

I immediately pulled myself together and sped in front of her.

"Elena, chill." I held my hands out in a calming way but my voice slurred when I spoke so it didn't sound as good as I wanted it to.

"No! You think you can just come to town and do whatever you want, be with whoever you want?" She snapped and I had to shake my head in confusion.

"Pardon? You think I've been doing whatever I wanted to?" I glared at her, I may be drunk right now but I was pissed. I cracked my knuckles before giving her a rather angry speech.

"Since I have arrived here I have been compelled, tortured, kidnapped, attacked and turned. I have wanted to leave for so long but you know why I stuck around? Because of Caroline. Because of you. Because of everyone! I do not fancy or even have the slightest attraction to Stefan-"

I looked over to him "No offence."

"Plus, you're one to talk. You're skipping from one Salvatore to the other, first Stefan and now Damon? You're more like Katherine than you think." I gave her distasteful look before turning on my heel and making my way out the door.

Elena's face resembled one of a goldfish but I paused before leaving, going back to the sofa area and grabbing the remaining bottle of scotch.

"Peace out." I called out as I continued to leave the house. Neither of them had moved and Stefan's head hang low. I kind of felt bad for snapping at her and talking about Stefan and Damon like that but it was true.

You know what they say, a drunk mouth speaks sober thoughts? Or, something like that...

I found myself back at the forest soon enough and my phone was annoyingly ringing. I let the ring tone carry for longer than I needed to, hoping the person would give up and hang up but no, it continued to ring.

"What?" I muttered to whoever it was down the line, I hadn't bothered to look to see who it was that was calling and I wished I did as Kol's voice sounded down the phone.

"Alright darling, why so moody?"

"None of your business." I slurred in reply, taking a mouthful of scotch.

"You're not sober."

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm sober. I'm as sober as a Vicar on a Sunday."

"Whatever you say. Fancy getting more drunk?"

I paused before replying "I'm listening."

"Come by the mansion, we have a lot of spare bourbon and Klaus is out of town with Elijah so we'll have the house to ourselves."

I could practically hear Kol's smirk down the phone as he said his invitation.

"Hmm, I don't know... It's pretty fun by myself."

"I'm way more fun, come on Violet. Live a little."

"I'm already dead you idiot." I rolled my eyes as I hung up the phone. I was having a war inside my head.

Should I go to the mansion and get even more drunk with Kol? Or should I just carry on by myself...

I had no idea why but I was favouring the mansion. Probably because I have the urge to pee now.

And just like that, I made my way to the mansion. I prayed to god that I didn't embarrass myself in front of Kol.

I had finished the bottle of scotch that I had before I got there so my head was truly messed up.

I stumbled through the front door and was immediately hit with vibrations of loud music.

Kol was no where to be seen so I helped myself to another glass of alcohol, this time it was bourbon however.

He wasn't joking when he said he had spare, there were around 20 bottle all lined up on the counter of the kitchen. From where the music was coming from, I guessed he was upstairs so I grabbed two bottles and took the up with me.

Another sense hit me, not noise but smell. The ever so beautiful scent of blood filled my nose and I happily pushed his door open to reveal around three girls dancing around him whilst he fed on another.

"I thought we were going to be alone?" I pouted as Kol's head snapped up and he gave me a blood covered grin.

His hand latched onto one of the other girls and he looked into her eyes "Go, offer Violet a drink."

She giggled and tossed her hair to one side as she came over to me. Without hesitation, I ripped my fangs into her flesh and drank her blood, mouthful after mouthful.

Eventually I pulled away so she wouldn't die and let her drop to the floor, unconscious.

Kol had already started on one of the other girls by now so I took the liberty of feeding from the last dancing girl.

Bodies scattered the floor when we were finished but the 'party' didn't stop there.

"Fancy a dance?" Kol held out his hand with a mischievous glint in his eye. I gave him a concerning look before taking his hand.

He spun me into him so my back was against his chest. His fingers latched over hips and we swayed together to the music.

It was a fast pace song but Kol kept us moving slow.

"So how have you been darling?" He whispered in my ear and I let a shiver run down my spine.

Considering how intoxicated I was, I didn't barely have any control over my body.

"I, Kol Mikaelson, have been bloody fantastic." I spoke in an extremely bad British accent which made Kol laugh. He spun me around so I was now facing him.

He had blood over his mouth still which trailed down his chin in little droplets. I guess I was the same as he lifted one of his hands off of my hip and wiped over my chin, he then proceeded to lick the blood off his finger.

"You're day drunk, something has obviously happened." Kol tilted his head to the side as we continued to sway to the music.

"Nothing much. I just want to rip my own face off because of my emotions." I replied with a slight shrug of my shoulders. I had my arms on each side of Kol's neck so they weren't just hanging by my sides.

"They can't be that bad." Kol said with a laugh but I shook my head

"I'm being mean to everyone and I just cry all the time." I sighed "I really don't want to have this conversation with you."

"Why?"

"Because its you that's making me like this." I moved my arms away and pulled out of his grip. Wondering over to where I put down the bottle of bourbon, I picked on up and tossed it to him.

He easily caught it, unscrewed the lid and took a mouthful. I copied his actions with the second bottle.

Our eyes were connected as we both took mouthfuls of the drink.

"Can't we just talk this out?" Kol asked, taking lazy steps towards me.

"I'd rather not when I'm like this." I mumbled, stretching my arms in the air and yawning simultaneously.

"Tired?"

"Considerably." I yawned again "But I need a shower first. And before you ask 'Want some company' no I don't."

I walked on past him and I felt his eyes on me as I closed the bathroom door behind me. Letting out a long, alcohol stained breath, I stripped off my jeans, jacket and shirt along with my underwear and hopped into the shower.

I didn't even bother for it to warm up, I just stood motionless underneath the slowly warming blasts of water.

I was such an emotional wreck all the time. I was actually considering ripping my face off or even staking myself to be rid of them.

Stupid Kol and his stupid compulsion. I turned so I could lean my head against the tiled wall.

Everything these days was so exhausting to me, I mean, alcohol doesn't really help but who can blame me? It dulls my senses so I don't have to put up with my head about to explode from everything.

"Violet."

I jumped slightly as I pivoted back around to find that Kol had joined me. I went to protest but I was pulled into a hug instead.

I practically collapsed into his arms as warm water continuously covered our bodies. He started to rub circles on my shoulder as I proceeded to just cry into him.

"Shh, it's ok." Kol cooed from above me. He cut off the water and picked me up off my feet, not bothering to dry us off.

I was soon enough placed on his bed with the covers over my body. Kol joined me beside me, pulling me into his body so he could snuggle me closely.

My eyes kept on drooping closed but I wanted to stay awake. It wasn't until Kol spoke that I finally let my tiredness overcome me.

"Sleep Violet." He whispered and I instantly drifted asleep.

Hey! A bit of a longer chapter because I'm a day late, sorry!

Ok, this is the important part: Since A LOT of you, shipped Klaus and Violet instead of Kol, a very good suggestion from died_happy had lead me to make the decision of making an alternative ending once I have finished the main story of Kol and Violet.

Yes, that means you'll have to wait for a bit until then but I'll make sure they long and detailed for you. I'll most likely also change the story line a bit instead of it being the same as this one so it wont be boring for you guys.

Comment if you're all for this idea and I'll put together a story line for you :)

Thanks for reading and we're up to 6,000 reads when in the last chapter I was in the early 5,000's. THANKS SO MUCH! I think I only started this book around a month or so ago, I really cant remember so I'm happy you guys love it so much ^.^

Ok, stop blabbering, until the next chapter guys- don't forget to comment on your opinion for the alternate ending!

(Gif of Kol to the side-> Hot right? ;P)

Bye! :) x Vote/Comment

~24 days until TVD~

~27 days until TO~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 21.5K 43
ꜱʜᴇ ᴘᴜᴛꜱ ʜᴏᴛ ɪɴ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏᴛɪᴄ Jade Forbes, a little psychotic older sister of Caroline comes back to Mystic Falls after moving out 5 years ago. Former dr...
154K 2.5K 94
Mia Salvatore is the youngest out of the two brothers. She's currently living in New York and is having the time of her life. She gets a call from St...
39.3K 1.2K 23
After arriving at New Orleans together, Violet and Klaus take on a new adventure and new dangers as they take on enemy's from Klaus' past. Violet's a...
1.9M 46.7K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...