𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖 - ᵇᶰʰᵃ (...

By icxxarus

✾ ˗ˏˋ ❝ i've been longing for daisies to push through the floor, and i wish that plant life would grow all ar... More

. yellow rose .
. hydrangea .
. orchid .
. wild flower .
. dandelion .
. gerbera .
. bluebell .
.bouquet & gladiolus.
. aster .
. c a r n a t i o n .
. stephanotis .
. peony .
. hibiscus .
hyacinth - . 15
larkspur - . 16
barberry - . 17
lily - . 18
freesia - . 19

. candytuft .

7.3K 460 342
By icxxarus

The Iberis, commonly referred to as the candytuft, is a genus of flowering plants belonging to the Brassicaceae. They bloom in white and purple, as well as various shades of pink. In the language of flowers, the candytuft's primary meaning is that of indifference. Even still, the candytuft is sometimes shown to represent that of stoic beauty.

❀❀❀

Sunday, 6:29 p.m. - 1 day before the entrance exams

Sunday - the start of a fresh, new week. However, apparently Sunday was not the start of some fresh, sunny weather as well.

It was still raining, as you had happily discovered when you woke up this morning.

Or, really, this afternoon at 2:07 p.m.

Go you.

You, as said previously, really enjoy when it rains. It made things calm and cool, in some cases even helping you to focus on whatever task you were working on. Rain also helped take care of your plants, which was an added bonus in your book. The only thing you didn't like, was that rain often brought thunderstorms.

Thunder, while in all actuality not that terrible, always had a habit of being the loudest when you were trying to sleep.

You swore it was out to get you - though, if anything, it actually helped you to not sleep the day away.

Regardless, it was annoying to wake up to. The sudden rush of adrenaline was still something you had yet to get used to, not to mention the spark of panic that would blossom in your chest with every roar from the sky above. When you were younger, you used to run to your father as if he would protect you from the thunder.

He'd hold you tightly against his chest, telling you that there was nothing to worry about - that everything was okay. You didn't know how wrong he was about that second bit, but it was all blissful ignorance.

You had no one to run to anymore when the sky let out its cries, though. Instead, you opted to tumble out of your bed - rather gracefully, might I add. As with such, when you woke up, you jolted out of bed. It took a few minutes for you to realize where the noise was coming from, and in those few short minutes, you had managed to trip on the edge of your comforter, prompting you to knock over your lamp and land on the floor.

As soon as you realized it was just thunder, you bashed your head onto the wooden flooring, adding to the pain of the fall.

Well aren't you smart?

Luckily, you hadn't managed to break your precious lamp. I mean, yes, it had a few new scratches, but it wasn't as broken as your current self-esteem.

Speaking of which, you should totally love yourself some more. Anyone who can keep plants alive for more than a week is simply amazing.

Anyway, that was all four hours ago.

You'd gotten over the whole ordeal fairly quickly, placing your lamp back on the bedside table and almost immediately making your bed. Things happen, and you can't really control it. What happens happens, as your dad would say.

It was now sometime past six at night, and needless to say, your stomach was practically begging for some food. Naturally, you made your way to your fridge to see what goods you had in stock. To your horror, though, it was almost completely void of anything.

All that your fridge contained were a few slices of expired ham, and literally one brussels sprout.

Wait - do you even eat those?

You were utterly confused. Grabbing the leafy green object, you held it close to your face, as if it would magically start telling you where on this earth it came from. I mean, you knew it probably came from a farm and/or garden, but that wasn't the point.

You ultimately gave up, placing the small thing back in your fridge. You had decided to let it live a peaceful life; you would only dispose of it once it had completely died. After all, it wasn't like it was hurting anybody, right? So what reason should you have you toss the poor thing?

Either way, you'd have to go out if you wanted to actually consume anything worthy. Where would you even go this late, though? McDonald's?

Actually, maybe you would just go to McDonald's.

A chicken nugget or two never hurt nobody.

Sounds like a plan.

Humming to yourself, you retreated back to your room, ignoring the crying sky above you. You rummaged through your closet, picking out a random , and making a quick mental note to do your laundry later. Making your way to your front door, you slipped on a pair of shoes you had left there previously. You grabbed your umbrella, as well as anything else you thought you'd need, before finally heading out of your humble home.

It was raining far more than you had anticipated. The small drops were quickly cascading down your umbrella, welling up at the ends only to make its eventual fall down to the sidewalk below. The thunder had slowed down, though, which was rather nice.

It took you quite a while to arrive at the nearest Mickie D's, though when you had finally found yourself at the entrance of said place, your stomach couldn't have been happier about it. You made your way up to the front counter, closing your umbrella as to not create any more bad luck for yourself. Upon setting foot at the front of the building, you were met with the not-so-happy face of the cashier.

She stared at you with what seemed to be utter disgust, popping her gum so loudly that you were sure that the whole neighborhood would be able to hear it.

"What do you want?"

Uhm, wow. Can she be even more rude?

Ignoring her obvious annoyance at your arrival, you sent her a small smile. Kill 'em with kindness, you know?

"Ahum, yeah ... could I please get a ten piece chicken nugget meal with a medium fry? Oh -! And a medium [f/d], please? Thank you!"

Oh heck yeah, you go.

Get you some of those chicken nuggets.

Treat thy self.

She sent a glare your way, reminding you of the hydrangea boy you'd met at a café. As she placed your order, your mind went back to all of the lovely people you'd gotten to meet all in one week. They were all, or at least most of them were, incredibly lovely. There was no doubt in your mind that such beautiful people would get into U.A. You just hoped that you would be able to get in too, so that you could hopefully see them all again. Speaking of beautiful, though, those guys were actually really hot.

Like woah, sign me up.

Snapping her fingers in front of your face, the cashier had brought to your attention that your food was done, and waiting there patiently for you on the counter.

"Are you gonna pay, or what?"

"O-Oh, yeah ..! Sorry .."

You quickly handed her the amount due, before grabbing your precious food and making your way to one of the many tables. Choosing one that had been right against the window, you happily dove into your food, devouring those sexy chicken nuggets in no time. Munching on your unhealthy food, you kept your gaze focused on the rain.

It wasn't long before your stomach decided enough was enough.

You had one fry left, though.

Just one.

Your stomach wasn't having it though, that much you could tell. You sent a nasty look to your abdomen, how dare it? Begging for food, only to deny one measly fry.

Your attention was quickly brought back outside by what seemed to be an animal of sorts. As you focused on it more, you quickly discovered that is was a cat - a rather cute one, at that. Its fur was pure white, tinted to a light lavender by the fading sunlight. Poor thing; he was probably incredibly hungry.

You quickly came to the conclusion that you should give the little bugger your fry.

With such, you made your way out of the establishment, making sure to toss away your garbage. You opened your umbrella, and walked to the small cat, fry in hand.

Sadly, you scared the poor baby.

Crouching onto the pavement, you reached the fry out towards the creature, giving it a smile. The cat stared at you for quite a while, before eventually coming close to your fry. It craned its neck, pushing its small, pink nose to smell the salty bit of food.

During your attempt at getting this lil' bean to eat your fry, as inappropriate as that sounds, you had failed to notice the sound of footsteps behind you.

"Are you actually feeding him a fry?"

At the sudden voice behind you, your breath hitched in your throat. Was this how your life was to end? Where you really going to die because you tried to give a cat a fry?

I mean, probably not.

His voiced seemed pretty young, albeit almost completely void of any emotion.

Turning your head, you came face to face with pretty tall, seemingly young male. He held an umbrella of his own, though unlike your rather cute one, his was completely black. Or purple, you couldn't really tell because of the lighting. His seemingly lavender colored hair was defying gravity, and you could only imagine how much hairspray this boy went through. He had also been holding a paper bag - what was in it, though, you couldn't tell.

He looked so tired, though.

Sighing, the male crouched down next to you, pulling some canned cat food out of the paper bag. The cat immediately flocked to him, letting out various meows and purrs as he opened the can.

Well shoot.

That really made your one fry seem pathetic, huh?

"O-Oh ... uhm .. sorry?"

You sent him an unsure smile, though he didn't notice - too preoccupied with looking at the small cat.

".. Don't worry about it."

The two of you stayed there like that for a few minutes, the tension only growing, before you decided to pipe up.

"Uhm, what's his name?

"He .. doesn't have one. I've never really thought about giving him one.?

"Oh. Well, uhm, what's your name, then?"

He looked at you with a puzzled expression, seemingly confused as to why you even bothered to strike up a conversation with him.

".... Shinsou Hitoshi."

You hummed, "Then name him Oshin - spelled o s h i n! It's a rearrangement of some of the letters in your name. I-It also sounds like ocean, which is pretty c-cute I suppose ... O-Oh! I-I'm [l/n] [y/n] by the way ... sorry .."

He turned his face away from you, and back to the cat, before letting out a hum of what you hoped to be approval.

"Fries aren't for cats, you know."

"A-Ah, yeah ... I know. D- .. Do you want it?"

He held back what would have been a laugh, shaking his head lightly.

"No, I think I'll pass for now."

Standing up, the male took a few steps, before turning back to face you and Oshin. You looked up at him with curiosity, blinking unnecessarily quickly for a short while. He shot you a lazy smile, turning once again, before sending you a backwards wave and walking away.

A small smile had crept up on your face, as you decided that that boy had the personality of an candytuft.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 40.6K 90
𝐀 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲, 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 �...
2.7M 75.5K 138
Y/N Kayama, daughter of Nemuri Kayama, otherwise known as Midnight, has spent most of her life locked away by her father who had taken her away from...
2.2M 103K 104
❝ honestly, i thought i would be dead by now. ❞ (l/n) (y/n) is a contradiction. she's strong, yet stoical. powerful, yet subtle. insistent, yet quiet...
88.6K 2.9K 25
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 32-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟�...