blackbird | dc

By eefkinnie

from gutter kid to superhero jamie learns to trust again as he learns to spread his wings. More

gutter kid

7 1 2
By eefkinnie

"Smile!" A flash disrupted my thoughts as I plastered a fake smile on my face, I still looked dead inside, the photographer frowned, "I'm ugly." Was my response and Detective Brown put his hand on my shoulder, I winced, "Come on, let's go get some grub." His kindness immediately threw me off but I played his little game, I wanted to know what he wanted.

"I've been watching you for a while, Russo." He told me, I furrowed my eyebrows but said nothing, "You've been thrown out and I get it, you're angry. I would be too." He tried to sympathize but it didn't work, if only he knew what has happened. If only he knew what I have done. If he knew what I was he would feel differently. To him I was another Gotham street rat, "Gotham City isn't safe to be homeless in." He told me, I rolled my eyes. I wasn't homeless. I was a desperate runaway.

The car eventually stopped at a light and I knew it was my moment, I looked at the cop and he was humming along to a song on the radio, he was innocent. Too bad I need to survive. Birds surrounded the car and the fluttering of wings was deafening, the birds began breaking the windows and swarming the car, "I'm sorry." I muttered as I opened the door, I was freed, the birds disappeared.

My footsteps hit the ground as I ran, I did not stop running. The taste of freedom was sweet and rewarding, shadows blended in with the background, whispers plagued the streets, I was being followed. I swung around as I heard the echo of an echo, scared of my own shadow I felt threatened, the hair on my arms raised and birds began circling above me, "Look what you've become, a mutant." A voice mocked me, I furrowed my eyebrows, "This isn't funny!" I tried to sound threatening but my high pitched voice didn't do the job.

"Are you still scared of mirrors?" A familiar voice drew closer, my jaw clenched and my teeth chattered, "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you, not again." A man in a white mask approached me, all of the muscles in my body tightened and it took a lot of strength from me not to break his neck, "I want to kill you." I revealed, he wasn't shocked.

"Do it."

I knew he was taunting me, he knew I wouldn't do it.

"The Court needs you, child." He told me, I gulped, "I don't accept your offer." I clenched my fists, "It wasn't an offer." He brought out a switch and pressed the button, a shock ran through my body and caused blood to shoot out of my nose as I fell to the ground, my screams echoed through Gotham.

Birds panicked in the skies as I rolled over and used momentum to get to my feet again, I wiped the blood from my nose on my shirt.

"It's your turn to be scared."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.1K 375 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3
237K 7.5K 169
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
59.5K 2.8K 19
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
53M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!