KING & QUEEN

By namelessmystery

Vixen Queen|25 The owner of the Queen Corporation empire the most successful business in the whole world but... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Q&A
Check out my other books
Cover + Updates
Current Cover

Chapter 19

20.7K 551 77
By namelessmystery

Vixen

"And that's why you should take a vacation," James says immediately cutting off all the sentimental and inspirational things he was just saying.

"Jamesssssss," I whine dragging out his name.

"What? I really think that taking a vacation will clear your mind and plus don't you think that you deserve it after endlessly working yourself for years."

"James we've talked about this, It's not necessary for me to go on a vacation and plus I would just worry about work the entire time."

He was quiet for quite some time and I taught that he finally gave up but knowing James he just can't give up too easily.

"Vixen pleaseeeeeeee can you please just go on a vacation, for me?" James begged while hugging me.

"Why is it such a big deal for you if I go on a vacation or not." My curiosity suddenly peaks at his eagerness to send me away.

"Vixen do you think I like seeing you like this. Do you think that I enjoy seeing you so stressed all the time and having nothing on your mind except work? I just think that you should have time off from everything and just relax in the nice hot sun."

I thought about it for a second. It did seem tempting to just go out for a bit and forget but then I would have to come and face reality anyways so why fool myself into thinking that I can have a break.

"Uh uh uh I know exactly what you're thinking and I want you to stop. You're overthinking again and trying to come up with everything that can possibly go wrong if you leave for a bit. I'm serious Vixen I want you to take a break, you and I both know that I'm capable enough to handle Queen Corp while you're away."

I thought long and hard and I finally came to the decision.

That's why James was currently squeezing the death out of me and squealing like a little girl.

"Oh my god Vixen you're really gonna go? I have to go tell him."

"Tell who?" I ask curiously.

"Oh umm the ........the pilot yeah the pilot I have to go tell him. Don't worry about anything I will schedule everything for you. I want it to be a surprise. I'll tell you when everything is settled." He scurried off to his room skipping like a jolly teenage girl which made me smile.

It made me think of the last time I took a vacation then came to the realization that I've never been to one. Even though I've travelled the world it was not to go sightseeing or relax it was because of business. The closest thing I've gotten to a vacation was when My meeting was delayed in Milan so I took the time to go outside my hotel room and actually enjoyed the city for once.

I was walking around frustrated that I had to stay there for longer than needed so I decided to go outside my hotel and get some fresh air to calm down my frustration.

I didn't really have a plan on where to go but I just followed where my legs led me. After a good hour of just wandering around, I saw a small little building that had its door wide open and outside of it was a sign in Italian that said that there was an art gallery going on with the works of Marco King.

My interest peaked and I entered the building to appreciate some of the artwork. I've heard of Marco King before and have even bought some of his work in the past but what made me go was my interest in art.

I didn't really think much of it and just wandered around. There were a good amount of people in there mostly woman that looked like they had no interest at all by the actual art gallery but instead were surrounding who I assumed was Marco King.

Even though I know of him and his work, I've never actually seen him before and I didn't know what he looked like but I didn't really care either.

I wandered around some more and one particular painting caught my eye. It was a painting of a little boy being torn away from his painting and being pulled by dark figures in suits.

I found it really interesting and was curious about the meaning behind it. I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt somebody staring at me and I looked around to see who that might be but I was interrupted by the buzzing of my phone.

"Hello?"

"Vixen where the hell are you?" James worried voice boomed on the other side of the phone.

"Calm down James I just decided to go on a walk."

"Well get your butt over here because we have to get ready for a conference call."

I looked at the painting one last time and went back to the hotel.

I didn't know that day that it was actually Marco who was staring at me. I didn't know that because he saw me that day that he has become smitten by me and even decided to paint me.

The one time I decided to actually enjoy the city I was in is the reason why everything has been such chaos in my life lately.

I grew tired from all the overthinking and decided that I've had enough today so I got ready for some sleep.

________________________________

Adonis

I was confused at the interaction that I just had with James. I mean you would think that because I beat him up that he would want nothing to do with nonetheless tell me that he wants me to make his sister happy.

Nonetheless, I took in all the information that he told me and hopefully I'd be able to actually use that information later to hopefully make her happy.

All of this made me think about if I was actually the person that would make her happy. It made me think if I actually wanted this and if it wasn't just lust, clouding my decisions. I thought over my feelings for her to make sure that I wasn't just carelessly putting my time and effort into something that was just gonna be another one nightstand.

Well, let me think, every time I see her it feels like it's just us in the room alone and nobody else matters. When she talks to other guys and even the thought of her being with another guy repulses me and makes me want nothing more than to rip her away from any guy that she encounters. I have this feeling inside me that just wants to protect her from the world because I know that under her calm and collected surface is a broken girl that just wants to be helped and protected from this cruel world.

After giving it thought it suddenly dawned on me that she wasn't just another fling like the others I was actually invested in her and she constantly clouded my mind. It did scare me though when I realized that the emotions I was feeling were very much real.

Was I ready to give up being the most sought after bachelor for this woman? Was I ready to give up every other woman for her and be loyal to her?

What scared me was that my answer to both of these questions was easily a yes. It scared me how much affect this woman had on me in such a short amount of time. I was usually the one that had all the control in a relationship but with her, it was like fighting for dominance all the time and I'd want nothing more than for her to submit to me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of my phone and it was an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" I ask warily wandering who would know my personal number.

"Hi, it's James I just wanted to let you know that I got her to agree and It's just up to you now to make the plans. Just call me when you finalized everything." James hurriedly whispers on the other side of the phone.

"Oh um thanks and yeah I'll get everything all sorted out."

He hung up before I could even say bye and I was shocked at how fast everything happened. One minute I'm in her house apologizing for beating up her brother the next her brother is planning on a secret vacation.

All I know is that this is gonna be one hell of a vacation.

________________________________

Marco

I slammed the door of my house after almost beating up Adonis. How dare he bring her up, I've been wanting nothing more than to forget about her but he just had to bring her up.

It was true, I did give up on a 4-year relationship after finding out she was actually the heir of one of the owners of a mining company. She was just with me because she knew that I was from the king's family and she was just trying to get me to convince my dad to invest in her dad's pitiful company.

I broke up with her on the spot and didn't even look back. I was planning on proposing to her that night and I even told Adonis about it so he could help me plan it out but then I overheard her phone call with her dad talking about how close she is to combining the companies together and I called everything off.

She tried explaining herself to me but I was in so much pain from the heartbreak and feeling of betrayal that she did nothing but put salt on the wounds. The most painful part is that she isn't the first one to use me because of my relation to the King family. My own mother used me to get some money out of my dad and pretended that she had a hard time taking care of me when she barely took care of me in the first place and would just give me to the nanny and forget about me for months at a time.

She still to this day tries to gain from me and tries to come back into my life especially now that I've made a name for myself with my art. She asks for money all the time and I just give in just shut her up.

That's why I hate the whole aspect of the business industry, because of it so many people have tried to use me and gain from me when I actually thought that they were being sincere. I hate what it does to people and how they're willing to betray and manipulate people just to gain from them, but what did my hate for all of this have to do with Vixen.

I was trying to decode all the words Adonis was trying to hint at about Vixen but came out empty-handed. I mean she said that she was just a business manager for some company, right? Now that I think about it she has never directly said that she was, she's just said that her job was something close to a manager in terms of the description.

The thought of Vixen being just like her crossed my mind and Vixen possibly using me just like she did. I shook my head at thought angry at myself when I realized that I shouldn't be comparing them and how different they are from each other.

I decided that I was gonna confront her about it when the time comes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.5K 49
โš ๏ธโš ๏ธRated Mature โš ๏ธโš ๏ธ ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸI do not own rights to images on the cover or the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to the photographers and writers...
4.8M 85.5K 41
THE CLUB OWNER AND HIS STRIPPER "Sir, this is inappropriate and I'm sure you're aware of that. You're my boss." His tall frame stood up and he slowly...
1.5M 46.4K 46
"Jellyface" A deep voice stopped me. A deep sexy voice if I may add. My body straighten up. My mind went blank. I wait for what happen next. "You can...
187K 3.1K 13
"We've both had too much to drink, David." She whispered into his ear, like a siren with a little flick of her tongue. "And on a weekday too. Boy, we...