Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling

Chapter 1: She's married.

14.9K 525 69
By AurumHeart

Amelia's bedroom above.

Amelia Smith-Black

It has been two months since I've been married. Some women like me would have probably gotten pregnant or even gave birth.

My husband barely speaks to me (not that I need him or want him to). I like the way things are. He's even not around most of the time.

I'm healing of a broken heart. I was left broken, shattered and alone by the person I gave all my love to, L-. Wait, I don't want to even say his name.

As much as I try to, I can't hate him.

In fact, I think I'm still in love with him.

Adam promised me that he will find away to get us both out of this marriage and I believe him. I know he will but my questions are.

Will things go back the way they were?

Will he and I get back together?

I don't think I will be able to forgive him for leaving me. He broke up with me through a stupid letter and he left when I needed him.

He literally ran away like a coward.

For the past two months, Adam has been working on some project in Iceland so I'm usually alone in this house.

Being married to Adam Black is the last thing I ever imagined. It's unbelievable.

One thing I believe for sure is, if L had stayed, I wouldn't have married Adam. Whatever the outcome is.

Someone knocks on my door so I ask them to come in.

"Good morning, Mrs Black." The maid greets as she comes in, holding my breakfast tray.

Mrs Black.

Will I ever get used to that? It feels so strange. When I first came here, I asked the maids to call me Amelia but they all don't want to.

"A low fat strawberry yoghurt and two red velvet pancakes with chocolate sauce just like you requested." The maid smiles.

"Yes, thank you." I smile looking at the delicious breakfast.

The maid smiles back and leaves the room.

I love this house. As much as I hate admitting, I do. I'm basically treated like a princess. I literally get everything I want. My mum never allowed me to have breakfast in bed.

After finishing my breakfast, I go in my bathroom and have a long shower. I'm going shopping with my best friends today.

When I come out, I go into my grand closet to choose what to wear. It's crazy how many clothes I have. I mean, I always had a lot of clothes since my parents are rich but being married to the Adam has it perks.

People and designers send me clothes a lot and I have a personal shopper. Adam hired her after we got married. She buys me clothes (with Adam's money) and sends them over time to time.

I wear a purple short dress and let my hair down then grab a pair of black boots.

My bedroom suddenly opens and I turn around to see Camilla. "Where the hell is your phone?" She asks. "I've been calling you since morning."

I shrug. "I don't know. You look great." I state, giving her a wink.

She flips her light blonde hair. "I know. Don't I always?" She smirks and sits on my bed.

"Where are the others?" I ask as I start my makeup.

When I'm doing my makeup by myself, I apply very little. Just some mascara, lip gloss and a little bit of concealer.

"Nicole, Emily and Jas are already on their way to the mall. You need to hurry." She says.

I turn around. "How about Chloe?"

"I don't know. Probably in a hotel room with Jacob."

"Yeah." I nod my head in agreement.

Chloe and Jacob have been hooking up non stop. They are doing the no strings attached kind of thing but I'm worried for them.

Jacob especially because I know he has real feelings for her.

Camilla starts going around the room, touching my stuff. "So where is your husband?"

I roll my eyes. "Just say 'where is Adam?'."

"Fine, where's Adam?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Still in Iceland. I haven't seen him in a while." I reply, taking out my sunglasses.

He comes like twice or three times in a month and during that time, we barely say a word to each other.

She starts dabbing her finger in the air. "You know, you should be keeping track on him."

I frown. "Why would I do that?"

"Because he's so damn hot! Girls are dying to be with him."

"Then let them have him." I wear my sunglasses.

I honestly don't give a shit about Adam Black. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

Amelia's dress.

****

After lots of shopping by the girls, we finally settle at the food court. I only bought a couple of things but the girls.... Well, I can't say the same.

"Hello, what you would you girls like to order?" The cute male waiter asks.

Nicole looks down at the menu. "I would like a cheese burger and a strawberry oreo milkshake."

"And I'll have a chicken club sandwich and sprite, please.." Jasmine says.

"What would you like, beautiful?" The waiter smiles at me.

I smile back flirtatiously. "A jalapeño burger and a strawberry milkshake."

"Sure." He winks and take the other orders.

"Why do you keep flirting with waiters?" Emily asks, sounding annoyed.

"They flirt with me and I don't wanna be rude so I flirt back." I defend.

I see Nicole roll her eyes as she texts on her phone.

"So how is Adam?" Jasmine asks me.

"Don't know, don't care." I say.

"What's wrong with you? It's like you no longer have emotions at all!" Nicole says angrily.

I look at her in disbelief. "I do have emotions, Nicole. Do you know what it feels like to give someone all your love but only for them to leave you six days before your wedding? It hurts, it fucking hurts!" I raise my voice, my temper rising.

They will never understand how it feels. Especially Nicole, she has never been in a serious relationship.

No one. No fucking one has the right to tell me how to feel.

"That's why you have to move on! It's been two months already." She says.

Two months is not a lot of time. It's just sixty days. I still love him and my heart hurts every time I think of him. It's not something that I can control.

Emily nods, agreeing with Nicole. "Yes, Amelia. Colton told me that Li-"

"Don't say his name." I snap at her.

I don't want to hear his fucking name. If I knew this is how they were going to be, I wouldn't have agreed to come.

This is how it has been for the past two months. They are always talking about how I should move on and we always end up arguing or fighting sometimes.

To be honest, I haven't been hanging out with them that much because I don't want to hear what they have to say. Today was a bad idea.

"Liam." Camilla says, trying to provoke me.

"Shut up, Camilla." I glare at her.

"Liam is getting better, Amelia. He's moving on. You might as well do the same." Emily says softly.

"This isn't about him! It's about me!" I exclaim.

They don't fucking get it! They never will. I don't care what he does. End of.

"Yes, we know that. Why don't you give Adam a chance?" Jasmine says.

I laugh humourlessly. "You have no idea what you're talking about."

"If you are going to be stuck with him forever, you should at least make the best out of it." Camilla says.

I just shake my head.

Why does everyone seem to think that just because Adam and I are married something is going to happen between the two of us?

"Nobody is asking you to fall in love with Adam...not yet anyways. We're saying you should at least try to be friends with him since you guys are stuck forever." She continues.

Stuck forever. Everyone keeps saying that. They have no idea how much those words hurt.

"We'll see." I say, not wanting to argue anymore.

The cute waiter comes back with our food. He drops Nicole's in front of her then Jasmine's.

"What is this?" Nicole holds out a paper with a phone number written on it.

The waiter blushes. "Oh, it's for her." He points at me.

Nicole roughly grabs my hand and shows him my ring.

"She's married." Emily says.

I look at the waiter's disappointed face then look at the smug expression on Nicole and Emily's.

I bite my lip. No more fucking girls day!

****

I called my driver, Tom to pick me up from the mall since it's kind of late and Camilla had to go home to get her 'beauty sleep'.

"Goodnight, Mrs Black."

Ugh! I really hate that name.

"Goodnight, Tom. Say hi to your wife."

I enter the house and I see the living room lights on. I go in to off them only to see Adam sitting with his legs crossed, watching Power on the tv.

I didn't even know he's coming back today.

"Hey." I speak.

"Hey." He says back not turning his head away from the tv.

I roll my eyes. How can I be friends with someone that doesn't even want to look at me?

I go upstairs to my room and bang my door loudly. I hate my life!

It's funny how one thing can change your whole life. If L and I had gotten married, I would have been so happy, the guys would still be here and I wouldn't feel like a part of me is dying everyday.

This marriage has changed me a lot. I don't even know what makes me happy anymore.

I.... I.....

I miss him so much.

I throw my handbag on my bed and kneel down to start crying.

Why?

Why did he leave? Why couldn't he say goodbye?

Do I deserve what happened? Will I always be in pain? Is he happy now or does he also miss me?

I let out a loud scream then cry and cry and cry till sleep finally overcomes me.

****

Hi guys! It's been a while. This chapter literally made me cry. I've missed all of you. Are you ready for this story?

You should be.

The next update will be tomorrow if I get lots of votes and comments.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
295K 13.1K 52
This is the sequel of the story, "Slave of a Billionaire". This story is about the life of Ronnie's and Caitlin's daughter Susan. Susan is in college...
660K 21.9K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...