fire on fire | void stiles [a...

Oleh -finstocks

❝ you burn me, i burn you, and yet... we keep coming back for more. ❞ in which an affair between two contrast... Lebih Banyak

FIRE ON FIRE
ONE ━ FAINT SPARKS
TWO ━ CURIOUS EMBERS
THREE ━ THE RISE OF A FLAME
FOUR ━ GLORIOUSLY BURNT
FIVE ━ INEVITABLE BLAZE
SEVEN ━ HOW ICE MELTS BEFORE FIRE
EIGHT ━ A FLAME BLOWN OUT
NINE ━ A SMOKEY NIGHT
TEN ━ OUT OF THE ASHES
ELEVEN ━ IGNITED
TWELVE ━ FIRE MEETS GASOLINE
THIRTEEN ━ FIREPROOF
FOURTEEN ━ TECHNICOLOR GLOW

SIX ━ THE BURNING AFTERMATH

1.7K 33 76
Oleh -finstocks

chapter six

IT WAS ADMITTEDLY DIFFICULT for her to focus on Mr. Yukimura's voice as he droned on and on about an important part of history. It was the middle of the school day, one everyone couldn't wait to get over with, which definitely included the preoccupied brunette as she attempted to follow what the man was saying. Her pen scraped across the lined paper of her notebook, putting down bullet points with significant information.

The warmth of the California sun beaming through the window she was sitting by could be felt on her skin slightly. The comfortable temperature differed from the chilly atmosphere it changed into during the nighttime. Of course it never got cold enough to snow, but the winters here were freezing once the moon and stars replaced the sun and its bright blue sky. She shivered involuntarily just thinking about the cold's influence, and how it reminded her of the temperature of his hands as they pressed against her burning skin.

Avery shook her head a little, trying not to sink back into the dark and terrifyingly truthful hole that was last night's memories. She couldn't believe herself. She couldn't understand what had possessed her to risk everything just to be temptingly close to him. Her darkest desires overpowered her until she was left hanging onto his every move, forgetting any sort of common sense. It scared her that he could make her lose control that easily.

Scott helped her forget about it for a little bit, his cheerful presence and lame jokes he provided making them both feel better about the difficult situation that had yet to be handled. He spent the night, sleeping just down the hall in the vacant room that belonged to her brother before he moved. In the middle of the night, when Avery was still struggling with falling asleep, she was so close to padding all the way to Scott's sleeping form and shaking him awake. She wanted to tell him what happened. She wanted to get rid of the weight suffocating her because of this sinful secret. But her body never moved, the words were never whispered shakily, and she was left alone with the guilt.

Maybe that made her a coward or even more of a horrible friend, but she was set on making sure nothing like that ever happened again. Luckily she couldn't think of anything about the encounter that could help them figure out where he was hiding out at. Or even help Stiles regain control over his body — oh Stiles. She cringed in embarrassment that he may remember the things Void did to her when all of this was over. Avery hoped for their surprisedly uncomplicated friendship that he wouldn't.

An exhausted sigh was heaved out of her small body before she got out her phone from her bag, thankful she was in the back next to Kira so she wouldn't be caught as easily. The girl had been doing this every five minutes to check the time, impatient for this class to get over. Only instead of being attentive of the white numbers on her home screen, she was more concerned about the notification that allowed her to see she had a message — from Stiles' phone.

stiles
You look bored.

Her lips parted after reading the text, gray eyes scanning the room with paranoia. Was he watching her? If so, where? She even looked out the window where there was the lovely view of the parking lot, expecting him to be standing there with a prideful smirk on his face. She pictured his disheveled, brown hair and the purple bags adorning his amber eyes. Of course he wasn't, and she was left gazing down at the screen with confusion and irritation.

avery
Leave me alone.

stiles
Sorry. No can do. I'm having too much fun.

stiles
By the way, interesting choice wearing that short skirt. If you want me to leave you alone, that's certainly not the way to do it.

avery
Sorry, wasn't aware I had to wear a parka from now on because a thousand year old demon can't keep it in his pants.

stiles
Don't act all innocent. Especially when we both know last night was about as consensual as it gets.

avery
I'm going to block you.

stiles
Go ahead. Won't change the fact you're still thinking about it like I am.

stiles
Imagine what would have happen if Scott didn't show up.

stiles
You'd be even more of a writhing mess than you were.

stiles
I definitely would have fucked you. Multiple times. In multiple positions. And you'd love it.

stiles
If I didn't already know that, I certainly would know now with the way you're pressing your thighs together.

Avery bit her tongue to stop from gasping, immediately stopping the mindless action of rubbing her thighs together from underneath her desk. She swallowed hard, looking around the silent classroom once more, seeing everyone focused on the assignment that had recently been given. Mr. Yukimura now sat at his desk, his neck craned downward as he graded homework papers. She didn't know how he could see her.

avery
Where are you?

stiles
Wouldn't you like to know.

stiles
Even though this is quite entertaining, I have to go. I have things to do. Lives to ruin. I'll definitely see you soon though. Hopefully we can finish what we started.

Her fingers went to type another response, to remind him that was never was going to happen, but she decided against it. That wouldn't get her anywhere. She was already unwillingly provoked enough by his unexpected messages, and she didn't need to give him more satisfaction that he has gotten a rise out of her.

The bell ringing, loud and dismissive, snapped her out of the nervous and dazed state she found herself in. The human got up, gathering her things quickly, and pushing her way through the herd of bored students to get to Scott in the front of the room. She had to tell him about this, especially when he was clearly close enough to spy on her in the classroom. They may be able to catch his scent this time and capture him, and that was the most important thing right now.

"WHAT EXACTLY DID HE SAY?" Allison questioned after her and Issac joined Avery and Scott in the empty classroom, the four of them joined in a small circle. The room was vacant because  Mr. Yukimura was in the teacher's lounge having lunch, and all of them except Issac had study hall, so they had a moment to meet up. The dirty blonde was successfully avoiding his math class.

"Weird, creepy stuff. I don't know. He was saying things like I looked bored and was commenting on my expressions — so he could obviously see me and what I was doing." The girl explained, purposely leaving out the vulgar parts.

"Aiden and Ethan are already searching school grounds to try to pick up on anything," Scott informed the group, putting his phone in his pocket after hanging up on one of the twins.

Allison frowned, her shoulder length brown hair being tucked behind her ear as she thought through the information. "Did he mention anything useful?"

"No. Most of it was just nonsense. I told him to leave me alone, but of course he said no, that he was having too much fun. I don't even know why he contacted me."

"He likes you," Issac said bluntly, sitting down in the teacher's chair and putting his feet up on the desk, hands behind his head.

"What?" Avery squeaked out, a blush uncontrollably coming to her cheeks. Did he know what happened last night?

"He kidnaps you, doesn't kill you, and now he's flirting with you over text. It's obvious," The beta calmly explains, "I mean, you're hot and he has an obsessive attitude — it makes sense."

"I don't think a nogistune is capable of liking someone and having feelings, Issac. Remember we're dealing with someone that feeds off of pain and chaos. He's put on this earth to cause tragedy. Nothing more." Allison disagreed, crossing her arms over her chest. She knew they needed to stop him and get Stiles back. The look of longing on Scott's face for his best friend made Allison's heart break.

"Exactly. This is just apart of his sick game." Avery let out, looking down at the floor.

The subject of Void brought nothing but shame upon her. He was a constant reminder of everything she wanted and everything she could lose. He was complicated, alluring, but most of all just wrong. She was so sure of that. So much that she swore never to let him get under her skin the way he so effortlessly has before.

Scott frowned, reading the text he had just received. "Ethan said they didn't pick up anything. Only a very old, faint scent."

"But he saw me," Avery let out, a perplexed look twisting its way onto her face, "I mean he had to have saw me. It couldn't have just been lucky guesses."

"I don't know. I hate to admit it, but he's pretty smart, and most of all manipulative." The alpha of their diverse pack sated, knowing that he believed everything she was saying, but not knowing what to do with the information and how to stop it from happening again. He certainly didn't want her to be harassed again, over the phone or in person.

"Yeah, but—" The human stopped mid-sentence as her eyes focused on the small object implanted into the corner of the room, and her face lit up at the realization the cause of all of this had been right in front of her all along.

Allison's gaze followed hers to find out what she was staring at, her brown eyes widening slightly as she caught on. "The cameras."

"You think he could have hacked into them?" Issac asked the question that had been all of their minds, his pale eyes as well settling on the tiny, technological equipment surveilling every part of the school for safety measures.

"Maybe. I'll talk to the Sheriff. See if we can track anything back to him and where he's at. Danny could possibly help too." Scott answered, pulling his backpack strap up more securely on his shoulder. They all had to leave before Mr. Yukimura came back.

It wasn't long before the four of them went their separate ways. Allison went to find Lydia, Scott focused on getting ahold of Sheriff Stilinski, and well, Issac was supposed to go to class but decided to go to the cafeteria instead. Avery herself headed towards the library, knowing she was a few minutes late meeting Teddy. They always studied together during their free period; he'd always be waiting for her at their table in the corner with a bag of Skittles to snack on. He never ate the red ones, saving them for her because he knew they were her favorite.

The atmosphere of the library was quiet and undisturbed as expected when the brunette entered the large and spacious room. She passed the librarian at her desk, ignoring the annoyed glance the lady's emerald eyes gave her. Ms. Griffin already knew that she'd have to remind the pair to keep quiet at least two times because every day they'd always cause a disturbance with their giddy laughter. The fact that she found out her boyfriend was cheating on her two weeks ago didn't help with her sour mood.

A smile that was actually genuine made its way onto her face when Avery spotted Teddy, the boy sending her a cute, innocent wave at her arrival. She dropped her bag beside the chair she pulled out, taking a seat across from him and his opened textbook. She took note of the glow in his blue eyes and the childish grin etched into his expression. A sense of normalcy was needed right now, and he never failed at bringing her that.

"I thought maybe you left early." Teddy admitted, setting down his pencil on the dark wood of the table. He wasn't mad that she was late, not at all. The dirty blonde was just glad she had made time for him in what he could tell was her very hectic life.

"No, I just got caught up talking with Scott, Allison, and Issac. Sorry I took so long."

He shook his head, his face becoming more flustered while he momentarily looked down."I don't mind waiting for you."

"Whisper, please! For God's sake you should know that by now!" Ms. Griffin suddenly exclaimed, pushing a few auburn strands of hair away from her face, her shrill voice filling their ears.

Avery couldn't help but giggle, his soft chuckle joining her. Things were so much easier when she was with Teddy, and all of the supernatural drama faded away. He cared about her, understood her. He's there whenever she needs him. He was everything Avery could have hoped for in a friend, and she hoped that one day she'd stop seeing him as just that.

When the two settled down and the girl fished out a pen and a notebook, she watched as Teddy slowly pushed the opened bag of Skittles towards her. Through the noticeable tear made diagonally through the corner of the package, she saw mostly crimson-colored candy left, and that made her smile once again. She truly was grateful to have him, and she wished that he was the one constantly running through her mind rather than someone she knew she couldn't be with.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Age Gap [JJK] Oleh Moon

Fiksi Penggemar

142K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
70.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
216K 7.6K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC