Unexpected Late Night

By rachel_dulay

{completed} cover by @ mahgadahling Chloe Fisher, The radiant, talented up and coming ballerina preparing fo... More

Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.

Joel.

4.9K 110 12
By rachel_dulay

📍Joel's Apartment, Toronto.
samanthalane I captured this sweet moment of Chloe and Lucie  (just missing Alex) tackling Joel in a hug because #round2baby I'm so glad that the Fisher family had become our siblings since Chloe and Joel started dating. I love you Fishies😂
tagged luciefisher chloefisher alexanderfisher

kalanileblanc awww this is sooo cute!!
marner_93 can I be hugged like that??
lucygardiner_ awww we love appreciation posts!!!
benpatrick it's true, the Fisher family has done wonders for everyone let's be real.
liamken yea I love Chloe, Lucie and Alex.
alexanderfisher not salty that I had football practice and missed this pic.
luciefisher this is superrrr cute. I love you Sammy.
cassidylane I'm so glad they've come into our lives, idk what I'd do without them.
chloefisher I love you💓

A few weeks had passed and well we were tied for our round 2 games with Washington. Our next game was at home, and everyone was here to watch it. It was either make or break. And from what I could sense, we were gonna break. Our team was slacking, Liam was out with a shoulder injury so there's that. I wouldn't have my line mate, this was gonna suck.

Everyone had decided to come out, I'm talking about my grandparents too. Even Eleanor was coming out to watch, saying she needed a night away from work as well. That made me even more nervous. Liam sat beside me in the dressing room as I got ready. He had came in today wanting to be supportive of the boys even just getting out some x rays at the hospital. I joke with Liam which gets my nerves down.

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
Good luck tonight, whatever happens out there just know I am proud of you and I love you. And remember who you are and what you stand for and sometimes your best is just gonna have to give a shit.

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
😂thanks princess. I'm looking for you tonight. I love you.

I couldn't check to see if she had replied because I was pulled away from the dressing room. I hope I make you proud Toronto.
~~~~~~~~~~

📍Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
joellane Thank you Leafs nation for the great season, I am lucky to call Toronto my home and I am very lucky to have played for a team that's been my childhood dream for years. Thank you.
tagged mapleleafs

samanthalane I'm a proud big sister right now.
cassidylane congrats joey on your first nhl season!
luciefisher I still love you
alexanderfisher congrats man, we'll get'em next year!
kalanileblanc always a pleasure being a fan.
unknown77 you guys did so well! See you next year!
unknown38 leafs nation was proud to have you!!
liamken always the best line mate to have on and off ice.
chloefisher I am so proud🤙🏽

"Well think of it this way, you don't have to wake up for early practices"I chuckle with a small eye roll as chloe slides into bed and immediately curls up to my side.

"I suppose so" I sigh

"You guys played well alright, fucking well throughout the whole season. I don't see what your worried about"I shrug.

"I just wish I could've done more"

"What's done is done, I don't love you any less"

"Gee thanks"she chuckles and kisses my cheek. Her fingers play with my sliver chain around my neck that was hanging on my bare chest. "The bright side of loosing I guess is I get to spend more time with you in bed"I smirk and she scoffs.

"I really am proud" she tells me.

"Thank you"

"Who would've thought on your first ever nhl game you'd stumble upon a stranger who'd take your mind off things and now almost 8 months later your talking to the same stranger but she just so happens to be your girlfriend"I chuckle and kiss the side of her head.

"Crazy how life is eh?" She nods.

She was right, I never in a million dreams would've thought I'd be laying here with a girl like chloe who was beautiful and caring and most of all supportive. I never thought to have stumbled into that coffee shop, which gave out mediocre coffee and found a beautiful girl just as distressed as me. I was lucky to have stumbled in there because I don't know where I'd be 8 months later.

"I love you"I mumble against her head.

"I love you too" she says and I could see the smile on her face.

I'm so whipped.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Joel why the hell did you call everyone so early?" Liam rubs his eyes. I had called everyone who had been close with Chloe and I over to the apartment after chloe left for work.

"Stop pacing!"Cassidy groans and leans on Mitch's shoulder.

"Okay I don't know how to say this but I-I"

"You what asshole, hurry up"Kalani sighs.

"I was thinking last night" everyone groans as I stop and run a hand by my hair.

Suddenly Lucie squeals with Steph, we all look at them. I raise an eyebrow "you owe me 20 bucks!" Lucie yells to steph.

"What no! That was not the deal!"

"Too bad!"

"What the hell?" I ask.

"Pushing Steph And i's deal aside. You want to purpose to my sister"Lucie says with a smirk. Everyone turns to me slowly. I give them a small smile.

"Your serious?" Alex asks. I gulp.

"Well I uh"

"You wanna purpose to my sister?" He asks again and Lucie hits him.

"Was I right?" Lucie asks. I nod slowly. Everyone smirks.

"Help me"I sigh and everyone laughs. I watch steph stand up.

"Don't worry Joey"She smiles at me and places her hand on my left shoulder, leaning into me. "You've got the best team on your hands" everyone nods.

"I'm slowly regretting this"

"We've lowkey been planning your engagement announcement for like months"Lucy shrugs. I give her a weird look.

"Trust us"Mitch says. I make the face again.

"Okay don't trust Mitchell. Trust me"Steph sighs and I look at her, she gives me her classic smile.

"Okay fine. I trust you Steph"

"Great. Lucie get the book out"She smiles over at Chloe's sister who was already on her feet "remember that you love me"Mitch scoffs.

"Watch it Lane" Mitch tells me.

"I'm starting to not believe I love you anymore steph"

"I've got you"she pats my back and kisses my cheek quickly just as Lucie comes back.

"Alright, here's the plan"Steph smiles stepping away from me and walking to Lucie.

"I'm regretting this already"I sigh.

Thankfully after Chloe's short work shift she was headed to the theatre to practice a few things. She had been bummed that she had hardly been out of the apartment ever since her appendix surgery. And today when I got the text from her that she was at the theatre, we were all genuinely thankful.

chloefisher it feels so good to be back in the studio/theatre and work after sitting around the apartment for a couple weeks.
Tagged Bloch

auston_matthews legs for dayssssssss
marner_93 you go girl!
stephlachancee its hard not to love you more everyday.
luciefisher we love a flexible sister😂😂
alexanderfisher is that Greg in the back?? Hi Greg!
joellane damn my girlfriend😍
kalanileblanc kinda missing our ballet days...........
travisdermott hi mom.
chloefisher hi son!!

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
How does a nice fancy dinner sound tonight?

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
Any particular reason why?😂

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
Does there have to be a reason as to why I wanna take my beautiful girlfriend out for dinner?

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
Usually, but since I can sense your in a good mood. I am totally in.

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
I knew you couldn't resist me

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
You really hard to resist. I'm heading home now, you hungry?

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
No I'm good, just chilling with Chestnut.

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
Alright, I'll see you when I get home.

Joel💙🤙🏽💙
Careful, I love you.

Chloe💙🤙🏽🥰
I love you too

I look up at my friends "she's on her way home"

"Alright! Places!" Steph claps her hands "remember Joe, don't rush her. Let her take her time for once"I nod.

"This better go smoothly Steph and Lucie"I eye them.

"Trust us"Lucie smiles.

"Good luck man"Liam gives me a bro hug. I got hugs as everyone left to prepare the rooftop dinner. Alex and Lucie were the last two in my apartment.

"I love you joe, don't mess this up Alright"Lucie says as we hug. I chuckle and kiss the top of her head.

"I won't, I love her too much too mess up" she hums.

"Hmh sure"she pats my arm. "I'll see you tomorrow"she nods. Cassidy had a cheer function thing in the US so my parents had left with her this morning. Samantha had exams so she wasn't at our meeting today. We had FaceTimed Cassidy with my parents today to tell them the plans. And after dinner, Alex and Lucie made me promise that we'd drive to Cambridge to see them and Eleanor.

"I'll see you tomorrow"I smile as I kiss her cheek. I turn to Alex and he pulls me into a bro hug.

"I love you like a brother you do know that"I nod as we pull away, he squeezes my shoulder "but just because I love you doesn't mean I won't hesitate on kicking your ass if you ever do anything to my baby sister"

"Noted"he pats my back and I watch them leave the apartment. I turn on my heel after I had shut and locked the door. I see chestnut laying on the couch. I sigh and walk over to him, he moves his head to my lap as I pet him.

"Well Chestnut. I went from stressing about playoffs to purposing to my girlfriend"I rub behind his ears "weird change of events that's for sure"

Chloe has come home 20 minutes later, like I had texted her. Chestnut and I were chilling on the couch as I watched sportsnets.

"Hey"she gives me a smile and places her stuff on the counter. I smile over at her as she makes her way over. She sits on my lap and my arms enclose on her. I lean up and kiss her. She smiles at me as we pull away.

"How was your day?" She asks.

I shrug "well what your seeing right now is practically what I've been doing the whole time"she chuckles and kisses my cheek. "How was yours?"

"Slow and easy but good day back to work and I didn't do much training, just light work stuff. My trainer had thought I should start slow"she rolls her eyes as she pets Chestnut. I kiss her cheek. "So what time is this dinner?"I chuckle.

"Hmm whenever your ready?" She raises her eyebrows at me and I kiss her cheek again.

"Seems as thought that's a hint I should get ready?"I shrug and she rolls her eyes. "Fine I'm going to go take a shower"she says and pushes off me.

"Want some company?" She turns back at me, her face flushed.

"If that happens, we'll never be out of here"She jokes and I chuckle as she walks into the bedroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Is the blindfold very necessary? I worked so hard on my makeup just for you to ruin it"I chuckle.

"Yes the blindfold is necessary and don't worry we're always there" I assure her "I'll lift it and then have to put it back on"

"What have you got planned?" She says turning her body to mine. I adjust my suit jacket a bit. I was a bit chilly for a late April night but that's Canada.

"You'll see" I pat her knee and she sighs.

"I hate surprises"

"Says every girlfriend known to man"

"Did your last girlfriend hate surprises?" I laugh.

"The last girlfriend I had was when I was oh I don't know twelve"

"That as the last time?"

"I didn't have time in high school, hockey consumed way to much. I had things with girls here and then but it never became anything, I was too busy"I explain

"well weren't you the typical hockey player fuck boy" I laugh "You didn't go to prom with a girl. A guy like you should've had a date"I smile to myself.

"I wasn't a fuck boy"she hums and I roll my eyes "I wasn't the biggest fuck boy at my school let's just leave it at that. And I didn't go to prom, I had a hockey game"

She laughs "Wow, dedication"

"I thought we touched base on this before?"

She shakes her head "Hmm I don't think so"

"What about you? Miss smart stuff and early grad"

"I've had a few but they didn't last obviously, and I was always busy with school work and ballet. Especially since I was abroad awhile" I hum as I park the car "Are we here?"

"Yes, hold on"I cut the engine and walk to her side. I open the door and help her out. I stop her on the side walk and slowly pull the blindfold off.

"A coffee shop"

"Not just any coffee shop"I smirk. She tilts her head and then lets out a laugh. "Okay blindfold back on"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is beautiful"Chloe continues to gush. We had been seated at the coffee shops rooftop for almost an hour and she couldn't stop gushing.

"Your cute"I say and wipe my mouth with the napkin provided. Soft classical music was playing in the background. I had wondered where steph and auston had set up the cameras to take pictures when I finally get on one knee.

"You did all this?"

"I had my ways"I shrug

"Your too kind"

"I can't get full credit, hell I don't deserve it"

"Okay well who deserves the credit. I wanna know"she gives me a kiddish smile and I chuckle.

"I'll tell you when your older" she rolls her eyes.

"Did you even look to your right? Have you seen the lights?" She looks to her right and I stand up. "Come on"

"You know Toronto is so pretty"she says as we walk forward towards the railing, I stand behind her to her side a bit.

"Yea, I'm lucky to call it home"I agree. I place my hand around her waist, grabbing onto the railing, she leans into me.

"I hope you never get traded"I laugh and nod, agreeing with her.

"Yea, I hope I never get traded either" I kiss her cheek. "I love you princess"

"I love you too, and this date was so perfect"

"I'm glad you liked it"

It was the perfect place to purpose, at the coffee shop we met at. Everything aligned here and my life became something more after our coffee shop encounter and I wanted more of her in my life starting here.

I kiss the side of her head "I love you"she turns a bit and smiles up at me.

"I love you too"I shove my left hand into my suit jacket. I lean down and kiss her once more.

"And I love that how my life started at this coffee shop"she shrugs with a small smile "and I can't wait to continue and share this joy of life together"she gives me a soft smile and I kiss her forehead. She squeezes my right hand as I let go. I pull the ring case out of my suit jacket and get down on one knee.

"Chloe Fisher, will you marry me?" She steps back, her hands covering her mouth. She nods and I smile.

"Yes"she nods, I stand up and we kiss, I pull her into me, deepening the kiss.

I may have just started this chapter of my life but I'm so happy to start a new one with the person I love the most.

📍Toronto, Ontario
joellane Decided I wanted to continue my life with you at the place we first met. She said yes.
tagged chloefisher

unknown49 OH MY GAWDDDDDDDD!!!!😭😭😭
unknown17 YESSSSS YESSS OTPPPPP!!!!!!
christina.marleau my babies, I'm crying.
stephlachancee I-I😭😭😭😭❤️❤️
marner_93 YESSSS!
auston_matthews congrats!!! So proud rookie!
williamnylander I wanna walk down with Lucie when I'm groomsmen and she's bridesmaid. Thanks, congrats.
lucygardiner_ AHHHHH!!! MY BABY GIRL IS ENGAGED!!!!!
luciefisher congrats to the both of you, I love you both so much!!😭
cassidylane SIBS GC IS GONNA BECOME CANON!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!
samanthalane it's the moment everyone was waiting for.
alexanderfisher congrats, you deserve all the happiness.
sydneyesiason congrats you two Hope to see you soon!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 1K 62
In which she gets bullied out of her hockey team and journeys with the gang. Sage McKenna (hockey star) is flawed. Her family is half way across the...
121K 8K 43
When a total stranger knows what eats you, maybe they are your one true love. Even if you don't know it yet. || On Friday the 13th, two twenty-someth...
2.5M 63K 45
COMPLETED. A university student. A professional hockey player. They've proved they can be friends. Can they be more? Although they're both in their e...
58K 590 42
When a girl moves back to her hometown, Canada, with her best friend and roommate, a special someone falls into her life and life becomes more for th...