Love Is Like a Maze (The Maze...

By storyforfun3311

A girl wakes up in a box lift, only remembering one thing. Her name is Amy. The box lift opens, and she is gr... More

Love Is Like a Maze soundtrack & Cast:
Chapter one: Waking Up
Chapter two: The Notebook
Chapter three: The Bonfire
Chapter four: Greg
Chapter five: Nightmares Or Visions
Chapter six: He's My Brother
Chapter seven: Thomas
Chapter eight: Hello Amy
Chapter nine: Losing Friends
Chapter ten: Calm Down
Chapter eleven: He's back but, who is she?
Chapter thirteen: Everything is destroyed!
Chapter fourteen: Goodbye Glade
Chapter fifteen: I Belong to The Maze
Sequel!!

Chapter twelve: So, um, what are we now?

46 3 0
By storyforfun3311

The boys carried her to the medjacks hut. Me, Newt, Minho, Thomas, and Jeff were around the girl. She was on a bed sleeping.

"Jeff, what's going on? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asked, he was very annoyed.

"Newt, take it easy." I said. He looked at me, and I looked at the ground.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff said. Thomas was really quiet, and kept staring at the girl.

"What, did you recognize her?" Newt asked him.

"No." Thomas said.

"Really? Cause she seemed to recognize you." Newt said.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked.

"We'll worry about note later." Newt said.

"I think you should worry about it now." Thomas said.

"We've got enough to deal with already." Newt said.

"He's right, Newt. If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?" Jeff asked.

"No one said that. Don't jump to any conclusions. We'll just...we'll just wait til she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody's got to have some answers around here." Newt said. Thomas said something I couldn't hear, and walked off.

"Well, where are you going?" Newt asked.

"Back into the maze." Thomas said. I looked at Minho.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, please." I begged. He nodded, and ran after Thomas. I looked at Newt, and walked out of the room. I sat on the grass, drawing a picture of a bird that was eating some seeds I left on the ground for him. It was a crow. It cawed, and I smiled to it. Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Zart, and Winston have been out for 45 minutes now, and Newt has been ignoring me. He looked at me, but no words involved. I haven't seen Gally at all since the new girl came up. I looked up, and saw the group of boys return from the maze. Newt was talking with them, so I decided to stay out of it. I heard Gally and Thomas saying something, but I ignored it. They all went into the meeting hut. I got off the ground, and walked up to the doors. I stood right at the edge. I stared into the maze, wondering why people would create such a horrible thing. My thoughts were interrupted by hearing Frypan telling Gally to calm down. They walked into a hut to talk in private, but me being me, I hid behind the wall, and listened to their conversation.

"Thomas is gonna get everyone killed." Gally said.

"He's trying to help us find a way out Gally." Frypan said.

"You know as well as I do Frypan, that there is no way out! Okay! People are dying and it's all because of Thomas." Gally said.

"Well, What are you gonna do? You can't kill him. It's a rule. And even if it wasn't think about how Amy would react to that." Frypan said.

"I am thinking about Amy. Okay! I'm thinking about everyone! Ever since he showed up, people have been getting killed. Ben was stung and banished, Alby was stung. And who will be next? Huh? It could be Newt, or Minho, or Chuck, or anybody! Listen, I know that Thomas is Amy's brother, okay. And I know how much he means to her, but him being here, could get her killed, okay. So yes Frypan, I am thinking about her. I'm thinking of her wellbeing as much as anyone else. Or you know what, better yet, hers much more than anyone else." Gally said.

"Because you care for her." Frypan said.

"Much more than anyone else here." Gally said. I decided I heard enough, and walked away. I grabbed my book off the ground, and walked around. Then, I heard someone yelling. I saw most of the boys, surrounding the lookout, and someone was throwing rocks at them. I ran over to Jeff.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The girl woke up, ran away, and now is throwing things at us." He said. I looked and saw Thomas yelling to her.

"Hey, it's Thomas! It's Thomas!" He yelled. The girl stopped throwing things, and peeked at us. "I'm coming up." He said, the girl backed up, so we couldn't see her anymore. Thomas climbed up to the lookout. He was up there for a bit.

"Is she coming down?" Newt asked.

"Hey listen, you just give us a second, okay?" Thomas asked.

"Alright. Come on." Newt said to us.

"Is this what all girls are like?" Minho asked.

"I'm gonna go see Alby." I said to Jeff, and walked off. I opened the door of the hut, and walked into the room Alby was in. I sat down next to his bed. Soon, Newt, Thomas, Jeff, the girl, who's name I just found out is Teresa, and another boy.

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it, why it came up here with you. I mean for all we know this thing could kill him." Newt said, holding two vials of liquid in his hand. They came up with Teresa.

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse? It's worth a try." Thomas said. I saw the uncertainty on Newt's face. I grabbed his hand.

"Newt." I began, and he looked at me. "This stuff could save Alby. Thomas is right. It is worth a shot. Maybe it can cure him. Just try. Please." I begged.

"Alright. Do it." He said, and handed Thomas the vials. Thomas and Teresa walked over to Alby. Thomas looked at us.

"Okay." Thomas said. Alby grabbed Thomas.

"You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't be here!" Alby said.

"Tom, let go." Newt said, as he got Thomas out of Alby's grip.

"Get the syringe. Go." Thomas said. Teresa grabbed the syringe, and stabbed it into Alby's chest.

"Well that worked." Jeff said.

"Okay, from now on, someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt said.

"Hey. Sun down greenie. Time to go." Gally said. Thomas walked off with Gally.

"I'll stay with him." Teresa said.

"Well, I'm going to turn in. Goodnight everyone." Newt said, and walked out. I followed him. I decided that Newt needed to stop ignoring me, and also that we needed to talk about what happened between us. It got really dark out.

"Newt." I said, but he didn't stop. "Newt, Stop!" I said, and grabbed his arm. He turned around, and ripped his arm out of my grip.

"What Amy? What do you want?" He asked.

"We need to talk about what happened." I said.

"No. We don't. I thought with what Greg said, and the kiss, I made it pretty obvious." Newt said.

"Made what obvious?" I asked. I needed to hear it from him.

"That I like you Amy!" He yelled. I was stunned. He really did like me. "But it probably won't matter." He said.

"Why? Why won't your feelings matter?" I asked.

"Because I know Gally has feelings for you. And for all I know, you probably have feelings for him." He said.

"You think I like Gally? Gally is like my brother, okay? I don't like him in that way." I said.

"Yeah, but I still don't think you feel the same way for me." He said. He started walking away. Oh for crying out loud!

"Newt!" I said, and made him stop in his tracks. He turned around to face me again. I thought about how he would react to my feelings towards him, but I knew he wouldn't listen. So I thought I would just show him. "Oh screw it." I said. I ran up, and crashed my lips against his. I was kissing him, and he kissed me back. His hands ran up my back, as I ran my hands through his hair. I felt as if I was in heaven. I slowly pulled away. 

"I do like you, Newt. In the same way, you feel for me." I said. "So, um, what are we now?" I asked.

"Well, we were friends, and we just did that twice. So, I guess that means we are together now. If you want." He said.

"I want that." I said. "I'm going to hit the hay. See you tomorrow." I said.

"Night Amy." He said. I walked to the hut, and closed the door behind me. I can't believe it. Newt and I are together! I smiled. I put my book on the table, slipped under the covers, and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 184 27
When Y/n comes up in the box, life changes drastically for the boys already living in the Glade. She fits in right away, but some of the Gladers feel...
14.9K 295 38
When the Greenie came up into the Box, none of the Gladers expected them to be a girl. But when unusual things started to happen, some of the boys s...
94K 1.7K 18
Everything was normal before Thomas showed up. Then y/n and Teresa came up through the box and everything went south. The maze acts up, the people go...
44.3K 631 8
One year after the first arrival of Gladers, the box comes up with a pretty surprise. Indeed, the new Greenie was pretty. They might get a Newbie eve...