Once Upon a Taxi (ON HOLD)

By colourfulsprinkles

A Taxi. A New Job. A Forgotten Enemy. That’s how it started—or re-started to be exact. Valerie Summers... More

1. "Floor It!"
2. My New Boss
3. Free Cake
4. Little Black Dress
5. The Designated Driver
7. Sweetheart
8. No Exceptions
9. Turbulence
10. The Fortieth Floor
11. Puking Rainbows
12. Bakery
13.The Heimlich Manoeuvre
14. Amore Mio
15. (Part One) The Date
15. (Part two) The Party
16. Yellow Rose
17. I Promise
18. Liar, Liar

6. If I was a Vampire...

339K 4.2K 525
By colourfulsprinkles

Chapter Six

If I was a Vampire...

   The smell of bacon and eggs slowly coaxed me into consciousness the next morning. I opened my eyes reluctantly, feeling the pounding effects of a hangover. I rolled over groaning, my head landing on a memory foam pillow. Hmm, I wonder when I got that. I suddenly got up, taking in my surroundings, wincing as a sharp pain shot through my head.

   I was in an unfamiliar room. From looking at the messy clothes thrown all over the floor, I assumed it most definitely wasn’t a girl’s room, unless the girl liked to wear Calvin Klein boxer shorts.

   Oh crap, what exactly happened last night? I didn’t sleep with anyone right? I lifted up the sheets to find myself wearing a man’s t-shirt which smelt of a very familiar cologne. I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened after I saw Christian at the club and drowned myself in alcohol, but came up with nothing. Oh shit! Christian! I quickly checked my phone. It’s Saturday today and I was already half an hour late for work!

   Untangling my legs from the bed sheets, I found my purse. It’s a good thing I always carry Advil with me, it really helps in these situations. Popping two pills in my mouth, I swallowed them down with the water on the bedside table. Grabbing my dress from last night, I made my way inside the bathroom I found inside the stranger’s room. The bathroom was almost as big as my own bedroom. It had a huge, lush bathtub and a shower with massage jets at the corner. The vanity had a granite top and I found myself drooling at the sight of the glass sink.

   Okay Valerie stop wasting time, get ready and then get out of here! I quickly gave myself a short pep talk and changed back into my dress, grimacing at the thought of a stranger seeing my in my lace bra and panties.

   After I finished putting back on my outfit from last night and washed my mascara streaked face, I made my way back into the bedroom. Here comes the hard part; leaving the safety of this bedroom and coming face to face with the stranger who brought me here.

   I sat on the cushiony bed and pondering on the ways I could leave the stranger’s house. So far the only reasonable one was, running downstairs and out the front door, but even that had its loop holes, like not being able to find the front door or tripping and cracking my head open. As the, now stronger, smell of bacon and eggs entered my nostrils, my stomach growled at me for food.

   My hunger soon controlled me and I found myself tip-toeing outside the bedroom and making my way downstairs. I found the kitchen and saw two plates laid down on the table. One had food which was half-eaten and the other looked as if it wasn’t yet touched.

   I looked around the area, trying to see if anyone was there. To my delight, I didn’t find any human in sight. Instead I saw a black cat sleeping on the sofa. Unless the stranger is some creepy-cat-morphing dude, then I’m pretty sure I’m safe.

   I finally decided that he wasn’t here. I cheered in my head as my eyes landed on the front door. I looked towards the plate with food and then back towards the door and then back again at the plate. Oh god, why make it such a hard decision? I quickly came up with an idea.

   Thanks to the person who planted the idea of to-go food in people’s brains. I grabbed a strip of bacon and tried to walk as fast and quietly as I could towards the door.

   “What’s the rush, sweetheart? Wouldn’t you like to eat breakfast together, like old times?” A deep, masculine voice said from behind me, as a strong arm took hold of my waist.

   I froze in fright, and slowly turned around to meet the cold, familiar, dark brown, almost black eyes. He was the last person I expected to see. I winced as a pain shot through my head, some of the memories from last night coming back. Landon mixing me up a shot of vodka. Becky standing beside Landon. Christian finding me. Me blacking out right before I saw—

Him.

   My face paled, as I remembered bits and pieces of last night, right before I passed out. My hands reached a freezing temperature as the bacon slipped from my grip and I turned around, slightly shaking.

   As he loosened his grip, I took three big steps back.

   “You remember me now, sweetheart?” He said, addressing me with the same nickname as before, knowing it brought back my bad memories.

   “J-Jon. You’re b-back?” I stammered, my last sentence sounding like more of a question.

   “That’s right baby. Come why don’t you have a seat and we’ll talk.” He said, grabbing hold of my hand, pulling slightly.

   “C-can’t. I’m late for my job.” I managed to choke out, while trying to loosen Jon’s grip on my hand.

   “Ah yes. Your new job…you’re working in Christian’s company now aren’t you?” He said, with fake interest, and pulled me roughly towards himself, dragging me back into the kitchen.

   I didn’t say anything, not bothering to answer a question he already knew the answer too. He pulled out a chair, “Sit, won’t you?”

   Reluctantly, I took a seat in the mahogany chair, while Jon sat across from me.

   Suddenly his face became serious; all signs of sarcasm and playfulness wiped clean. “What exactly are you trying to do, Valerie? Don’t tell me you’re going to choose to come clean to him after all these years.” He all but growled at me.

   “I-I didn’t know he worked here when I joined.” I stammered.

   “C’mon sweetheart, stop with the innocent and vulnerable act. I know all about what you did remember? In a sense, I guess I was there too. It’s a shame how you could do that to your own family member, after all, it was your fault right?” He took a bite out of his omelet, a cold smile spreading across his face when I winced at the nickname he used again and the harsh words he said.

   “You said you wouldn’t say anything about that. I-I did everything that you told me to do, everything.” I said quietly my voice almost a whisper.

   “C’mon Val, you know I’m not such a sweet man, unlike Christian, my sorry excuse for a best friend. Unfortunately life isn’t fair, so why should I have to be? You see, if I’m unfair and life’s unfair, they both cancel each other out, so that way everything stays balanced, doesn’t it?” He chuckled, without any humor, his dark, hollow eyes boring into mine.

   I looked away and stood up. “I should really get going now. I’m already late.” I said, my voice shaking.

   “Aw, tea party’s over?” Jon pouted at me while making his way over towards me.

   “How about a dance, and then you can go. You were dancing with everyone, but me last night anyways.” Jon said, putting both his hands on my waist.

   “B-but, there’s no m-music.” I nervously said, trying to ease out of his grip.

   Noticing my attempts to escape, he tightened his grip, pulling my body flush against his, slightly constricting my breathing. “I’ll replace the music with my talking then.” He chuckled coldly, his breath fanning across my forehead, making me shiver, not in a good way. He grabbed my hand and put them around his neck, before pulling me back against his chest. “Don’t worry sweetheart, I don’t bite…usually.” He chuckled again and then began swaying from side to side.

   Just as he promised, he replaced the music with his deep voice. “I’m concerned about something sweetheart.”

   “And what’s that?” I asked, while trying to push back the bad memories that nickname brought.

   “You have a big mouth baby, always did. So you see, I’m concerned about that big mouth speaking of things it shouldn’t be to my ‘best friend’ and your boss.” He said, burying his nose in the crook of my neck and moving it up and down as he continued to sway me.

   “H-he will know sometime—

   I gasped, being unable to finish my sentence as he started to violently suck on the delicate skin of my neck, nibbling down every once in a while.

   I let out a breath as he stopped and looked at the spot where he was sucking before, grinning in satisfaction.

   He suddenly started to twirl me around, making me get dizzy and then dipped me, pausing in that position, with him looming over me, and his cold hands rubbing circles on my waist as they prevented me from falling.

   He started kissing down my neck and then made his way back up to my jaw, trailing his lips over to my ear.

   “Valerie, I will only warn you once. If Christian Reyes hears anything about what happened three years ago, apart from the story he knows, no matter where you hide, I will hunt you down and make you regret you were ever born. I’ve killed before and I won’t hesitate to snap off your poor friend, Becky’s neck. You know what I’m capable of doing, dear Val, so don’t test me.” He finished, biting down hard on my ear, drawing blood, as I muffled a cry of pain.

   Licking the blood off my ear, Jon pulled me up, letting me go, “Mmm, if I was a vampire sweetheart, I would just eat you up.” He said as I rushed to get my bag.

   As fast as I could, I made my way over to the front door, with Jon hot on my heels.

   He opened the door and gestured the way out. “I hope we’re clear, Valerie.”

   I nodded and quickly walked outside, hearing him yell, “Black lace suits you well, sweetheart,” just as the door slammed shut.

A/N:

Hey guys here's the update! I hope you enjoy! Not so much of Christian in this chapter but he'll be in the next one, which I have already started writing by the way so it'll be up soon!! Anyways what did you all think of Jon? Personally I don't really like him lol :P 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!!

*Remember: the more you guys vote and comment, the faster I update :D

by the way thank you so much for getting OUAT so high on the humor and romance list 

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN!

colourfulsprinkles xx

P.S: I've posted a new story, it's called, If I Fall, so check that out if u guys get a chance, i shall post up the description of it in the next update of OUAT :)

Continue Reading