SCRATCH Episode 1: Ashes in t...

By BenLocke92

A missing boyfriend. A troubled schoolboy. A determined girlfriend. A destroyed and abandoned house. A myster... More

Copyright
-
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9

7

9 2 1
By BenLocke92

For the rest of the night the boy lay unmoving on top of his duvet flicking from page to page, engrossed in every single word and never once wanted to lift his head.

When he got to the end, he set the pages down in an empty drawer in the cheap wooden desk under his bedroom window. There it lay in silence working its magic. If an inanimate object could have emotion, those pages felt smug and satisfied. Satisfied by the boy just as Daryl had been, they sat and they waited for there was a great power contained within those pages. A power greater that any written word ever put down. More powerful even than the Bible, the Quran or any other religious or otherwise moving text. If the holy books of our world can make people believe so fully in something that they are willing to die for or ready to devote every waking second to something that is essentially nothing more than ink and reprocessed wood, then the power of these words are apt to rival the might of the gods themselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6.6K 82
A girl whom I thought as my best friend standing before me with a knife to kill me. She stabbed the knife onto my chest and told me "He will not like...
127K 12.8K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
116K 4K 41
Y/N was a teenage introvert who enjoyed having her own space and being alone. She loved listening to music in her room, which was a great escape for...
1.4M 1.2K 1
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬' 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★✯★ "Secrets are lethal, especially when they come dripped in murder." Trinity...