Crazy In Love

Autorstwa InfiniteDreamer23

Dr. Sonakshi Bose is a successful nutritionist who has made a name for herself in the industry. Despite being... Więcej

Cast Overview
Author's Note + Glossary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine

Chapter Eight

333 36 37
Autorstwa InfiniteDreamer23

Dev's POV

It was dark.

I couldn't see anything, no doors, no windows, nothing. Suddenly, I saw a golden light seeping in from elsewhere. I slowly headed towards that direction, walking out of the dark room and into another one, where there was a dim yellow light and just below the light, I saw a beautiful young lady sitting in front of a mirror.

She gestured for me to come towards her, and so I did. I couldn't stop myself, she was so beautiful, her hair flowed down her back like black ink of a tilted piece of parchment. Her eyes were fox-like and had an icy greyish silver hue. She wore an emerald green gown made of soft, satiny fabric, long and loose. A semicircular, high collar made of silk-like materials headed the ankle-length robe. After all, why wouldn't she be beautiful? She was my fiancée, we were getting married soon.

"Dev, I'm so glad to have a fiancé like you, caring and understanding, not rushing into things, I'm delighted that you left her, she didn't deserve you. You're so caring, honey, unlike her. What's the matter, Dev? You seem so lost. Did I say something wrong?" She asked with a wrinkle forming on her forehead, turning to look towards me.

Whom did I leave? I don't remember. "No..no, it's nothing, it's just that I was mesmerised by your beauty." I said, taking her hand in mine and kissing her knuckles.

"Aww, my Dev is such a gentleman, I wonder if you're this same gentleman in bed too?"

I was quite frankly shocked by that question of hers, but after all I knew she was a sly woman, I didn't care much, she had to be, to handle such a big company and everything, and I loved her from the bottom of my heart- Huh? Wait, where did that thought come from? Love her? I don't even know her! I was brought out of my internal musings by someone clearing their throat. "Dev, look at me, what's the matter? You're acting so weird and you're so quiet, is everything alright? Is Maa fine? Aren't you happy we're finally getting married. The big day has finally arrived. Tomorrow, by this time, I'll be yours and you'll be mine."

I nodded and turned my head towards her, she was her. The woman of my dreams. Dr. Sonakshi Bose. "It's just that I'm glad you entered my life, otherwise I don't know how I could have gotten rid of Sanjana. Plus, Neha, Nikki, Riya and Maa also like you so much, especially Maa. And by the way, Maa is the most excited for our wedding. My dreams are finally getting fulfilled and that too because you found me. I'm so grateful for what I have right now." I hugged her from behind, saw our reflection in the mirror and hoped that we would always remain this happy in our life. I put my arms around her shoulders and whispered an 'I love you' in her ears.

"Love you too Dev, now let's get going. Today is your last day as a bachelor, you mustn't miss it." She chuckled and stood up, turning towards me.

"Of course not, my lady." I replied back with a laugh.

We left the room and walked, hand-in-hand into an open garden, which was decorated quite richly. There were fairy lights strung above and over the trees and the fence, there were picnic tables with food laden out. There were many different cuisines, but half of the dishes I could hardly pronounce. The garden was packed with my friends and colleagues and there was a live band, soft lighting and jokes so stupid they were brilliant. Just the way I wanted my Bachelor Party to be, simple and sweet. I spotted my best friend, Manik and my cousin, Vicky, along with a few others. Sonakshi squeezed my shoulders and left me to enjoy her Bachelorette party. Just as I turned towards Manik's direction, I heard a sickly sweet voice, "Devvvvv babyyyy, how could you marry her? We were destined to be together, how could you leave me?" She yelled angrily.

Before I could say anything, she started yelling obscenities at me and broke into tears, "No, NO! DEV, you meant so much to me, and you left me for her! I know why now, because she's richer than me, you're such a gold digger! I don't know why Papa wanted me to marry a scoundrel and a liar like you!"

"Sanjana!" I called out, trying to calm her down, but she wouldn't listen.

"Liar! Filthy gold digger!"

"Sanjana, just listen to me!"

"Sanjana!" I yelled, gritting my teeth, as I moved towards her.

I woke abruptly with a start, hitting my head against the bedpost. Ouch. That hurt. I rubbed my head softly to get the pain to settle down. Sanjana, where was she? I'm so sorry Sanj-but wait, what happened? Where is everyone?

I squinted my eyes and looked around. The sun rays were glaring at me through the window pane. What was Sanjana saying? I'm what? A gold digger. I could still hear those spiteful words pounding in my ears. Oh my god, did that really happen or was it just a dream? I'm just pleased that whatever just took place was a dream and not reality. I'm not a gold digger. How dare Sanjana call me such a vile term? She's such a–

Dev focus, you are a committed man now, no thoughts about another unknown beautiful woman. Ugh, not again, my stupid brain and mind, thinking about her! Stop it! I said to my brain, kicking my legs in frustration. Ahhh my legs ache so much and now my head, stupid me. I was so tired that I didn't want to get out of bed. This dream had taken away my energy. No, yesterday was a tiring day, that whole party, I hate these big people's parties. I didn't want to wake up and work, oh, I know it's a Sunday, but helping Maa, never will I go to such a party again. Just one day I wanted to have a lie in...

But, alas, I had to get up. Time waits for no man and I had to help Maa with her daily chores, even if she tells me not to. She's done enough for all four of us, she hardly takes out any time for herself. She won't even let me help at her catering business, even right now, when I don't have another job. Yes, no job, I'm so useless to Maa, Riya got a job, yet I'm here doing absolutely nothing. Even Neha, who helps out Maa during work, cooking and handling the finances, it was only me who was absolutely useless in this home. I slowly got off the bed and stretched my body muscles, trying to shake off the sleep.

I looked at the clock on my bedside table, and my gosh, it was ten a.m. already! I opened my wardrobe, grabbed some clothes and rushed into the washroom for a quick shower and a fresh up. Within fifteen minutes I was done and I walked out of my room and to the dining table as fast as I could and pulled out a chair and sank into it.

Maa came out of the kitchen along with Neha, "Good Morning Dev Bhai!"

I muttered a 'good morning' under my breath. "Looks like someone is still very tired today morning, pehli baar aisa hua...suno! Suno! Pehli baar, Mr. Dev Dixit itni deri se uthe hain dosto! (Listen everyone, for the first time, Mr. Dev Dixit has woken up so late!)" Nikki announced.

"Oho, Nikki, Dev deserves this sleep, itni madad jo ki mere bete ne kal. (He helped me so much yesterday)" Maa retorted.

"Arey Maa, aap har baar Dev bhaiya ki side hi lete ho! (Mom, you always take Dev's side only)" Nikki mock-cried.

"Dev beta you seem so tired, you should've slept more." Maa told me as she placed a dish of aloo paratha in front of me.

"It's already too late, I should've woken up by 8:30, you always do so much for me, yet I can't repay you back. I don't even have a job. Mr. Arora hasn't even called back yet." I sighed, placing a hand to my forehead.

I was so upset with myself. I didn't know what had gotten into me, if I wake up this late then in the future how will I manage to take care of Sanjana? Before I could berate myself more, Maa told me, "Dev, you are my son, and children don't have to repay their parents back for anything. Start eating, you seem hungry. Neha, Nikki and Riya are going out for a movie, so then I can talk to you about some important things which just came to my mind recently. And as for the job, yesterday, Asha ji offered you a job, Jatin Roy is ready to hire you. I think you should take it. And as for the chores, one day I can manage on my own."

I thought about what Maa just mentioned as I absentmindedly waved goodbye to my sisters. I finished my breakfast and now it was only Maa and me at home. I took the dusting cloth and started dusting around and under the furniture. You must be thinking why not hire a maid or servant for this stuff? Oh, but we already have a maid and she doesn't come on Sundays, so it's usually Neha or Maa and me or only me cleaning our home on Sundays. It took two hours to complete the work together, then Maa made me sit down and she started the talk. "Dev, I just wanted to ask you whether you really love Sanjana or not?"

"Yes, Maa I do, why wouldn't I? She's my fiancée and we've been together for a while now, I'm sorry that I didn't mention it before."

"It's just that, it doesn't seem like she loves or even likes you back, and I don't think she likes me. That day when she came home, she was acting so weird and in such a hurry, I just wanted to have a woman-to-woman talk, but the way she talked back to me was not good. It's just how will you handle a girl like her? I understand she's from a rich family and all, but so is Sonakshi Bose, but she is so kind, at least to elders, unlike Sanjana. I don't want to see you getting hurt over a girl like her, beta, try to understand what I'm trying to tell you here." Maa tried explaining to me.

"Maa, we both love each other, it's just that she's a bit short-tempered and sometimes loses her temper over small things. But she is caring and supportive too, because of her, I'll be getting a job, a proper one this time.  Mr. Arora is going to call me by tonight and then it'll all be fine. And that day, she was just in a hurry as Mr. Arora was going to meet us, she didn't want to disappoint her father I'm sure. Don't worry so much, I'm there for you, I won't ever leave you for Sanjana, we will still be a family. And Maa, we really don't know how Sonakshi Bose is in reality, it's too soon to judge anyone like that. I assure you Maa, everything is fine."

"Don't talk about my friend's daughter in such a way, Dev. What do you mean by how Sonakshi is in reality? She is a really kind, independent, smart and caring woman, unlike Sanjana who is so dependent on her father, that for every small problem she runs to him. And I'd like to meet this Mr. Arora properly once, you seem to have so much trust in him, even more than me. I just feel that I've seen him somewhere."

"Maa, sorry, but I don't really care how good Dr. Bose is. I love Sanjana, not her." That was difficult to say, I felt like I was trying to convince myself of this, I took a deep breath," and how do you know Mr. Arora?"

"I just think we've met beforehand somewhere. Please Dev, just arrange a meeting for us, na, I just want to have a parent-to-parent talk with him. It's necessary to do so for the final marriage preparations. And please, think about what I said for the job, at least call Jatin Roy and enquire about the job."

I just hope she doesn't remember about the money deal, or else how will I explain everything to Maa. I hope it's about marriage only. I sighed loudly, "okay, okay, Maa, calm down, I will arrange a meeting for you with Mr. Gujral and I will call Jatin Roy by tonight. You just don't take so much tension and pressure on your head. I will handle it. By the way, how is Riya's job going?"

"It's going great, I heard she will be paid a good amount too. Now, I don't want to see you working around, go and rest in your room, I'll call you once lunch is ready." Saying this, she pushed me back towards my room.

Finally, I was glad that I could convince Maa not to worry unnecessarily about me. Plus, that talk about Dr. Sonakshi Bose, I had to say that stuff to get her out of my head. And anyways, who actually knows how she is? She could be arrogant like how all those upper class people are. I'm so delighted that Riya has a worthy job now, I just wished it could become a permanent one. I headed into my room, and sat at my desk, as I opened up my laptop and started searching for jobs.

After lunch, I had a small nap, as Maa told me that Nikki and Riya would be home late and that Neha was going for her English classes. Yes, Neha had started classes to learn English as she had to leave her studies when she was a child because Papa had died and she had to look after Nikki and Riya. After I woke up from my small nap, I found that I was all alone at home, just what I needed, some time to think of what all had just transpired in my life within this last week. I thought about the deal I made with Sanjan's father, whether I did right or wrong and my engagement to Sanjana and then stupid Sonakshi Bose invading my thoughts again. Arey re, I need to do something to get her out of my mind. I headed to the living room, plopped down on the couch and switched on the TV, watching random shows.

It was around seven thirty pm, when I decided to finally call Mr. Roy, as I was exasperated waiting for Rakesh uncle's call. I dialled the number Maa gave me and waited for someone to pick up. After three rings, someone picked up, "Hello, I am Dev Dixit speaking, I wanted to make an inquiry for a job."

Roy asked me about my profession, I told him I was a software developer and I had heard that he was looking for one currently. He asked whether I was Ishwari Dixit's son, and I replied, "yes." I wondered whether that would make any difference. Do connections really matter that much? Could I really get this job?

He told me to come tomorrow at Roy Enterprises at nine a.m. sharp for a proper interview and to bring my resume along. Jatin, yes it was him on the phone, he said that it was just a formality and that I had already been hired. I was so happy, finally a good job, hired by a famous company and maybe an average salary? I was literally dancing around the living room and that was how Maa, Neha, Riya and Nikki found me. "I got the job! I got hired! Maa, you were right, Mr. Roy actually asked about you and he gave me the job! Neha, Riya, Nikki, I'm so happy, it's party time! Let's go out for dinner!"

"Dev bhaiyya, are you okay?" My crazy sisters asked at the same time.

"Yes, my crazy and lovely sisters, I'm fine! Can't you see, we should celebrate? I got hired by The Jatin Roy, Vice-President of Roy Enterprises! C'mon Maa, let's go, quick!"

The three of them just stared at me awestruck. I pulled all three of them into a hug and we slowly headed out for a celebratory dinner. We had a gala time after so long together, it was a splendid night. I was on Cloud Nine right now and that too just because of my pyaari Maa.

•••

So what do you think will happen when Mr. Arora meets Ishwari? And why didn't Mr. Arora call Dev for the job?

Please do give your feedback by voting, commenting and sharing!
Thankyou!❤💫

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

280K 832 9
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...
996K 23.9K 42
Limited Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Whi...
1.5M 92.6K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
168K 34.2K 51
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...