✓ | NOTHING TO REGRET ↺ MATTH...

By riseofahsoka

In which, two strangers at a party forget to exchange their names by the end of the night. ( a matthew gray g... More

000. nothing to regret
001. two strangers
002. goodbye l.a.
003. safe travels
004. 3:11 a.m. ice cream
005. autumn & fox
006. wild questions
007. smudged lense
008. send help
009. target run
010. flattered & perplexed
011. i'm a coward, ok?
012. holy shit
013. let bea sleep
014. a bicon
015. random tidbits
016. late-night facetime
017. e
018. greasy rat
019. cupcake
020. yet
021. beginnings
022. hype man
023. negativity is a bitch
024. beatrice's master plan
025. my love for margo juice
026. rumor has it
027. promises
028. kisses
029. bear hugs all around
030. not a date
031. faybler breaks the internet
032. best day
033. butterfingers
034. vanilla & strawberries
035. soft & softer
036. uwu
037. faybler & belaney comin at ya
038. sappy babies
039. sealed fate
040. livid
041. missin' you
042. #1 fans
043. e pt. 2
044. bye bye matthew
045. what's the sitch?
046. e pt. 3
047. listen
048. let it all out
049. what faybler did: that
050. when it comes to you

epilogue.

8.6K 284 144
By riseofahsoka

real life.

     ☆ MARGO CARRIED TWO BROWN boxes that were stacked on top of one another, and which were surprisingly light-weight, into her and Matthew's new home. She placed the boxes in the living room, seeing that they were labeled living-room in Matthew's messy handwriting and let out a soft groan as she stood back up. Margo looked around the living room, seeing that it was filled with miscellaneous boxes and that the walls were as bare as they could be.

Almost a year had passed when Margo and Matthew first met, and boy was the year a damn ride for both of them. Their relationship strengthened during their long-distance apart from one another, so when Matthew brought up the idea that they settled down and bought a place together, Margo instantly agreed. It was a no brainer that the two knew that along the way, someday in the future, that they were bound to get married and have kids, and if anything they didn't mind that.

Quite the opposite actually. On nights when they couldn't fall asleep or were simply bored, Margo and Matthew came up with wild ideas and adventures for their future. From traveling the whole world, to how many kids they would have (which was at least 3, if anyone was wondering.) The fact that Margo and Matthew could easily fall into sync with each other's thoughts was mindblowing for those around them, and it only made their love for one another grow when the realization struck that he/she was the person they wanted to spend the rest of their life with.

Currently, their new home resided in Toronto, Canada. A beautiful city that the couple instantly fell in love with, and knew that it would be the place to start a new chapter of their own story. On the plus side, there was quite a lot of French and since Margo was not only fluent but lived in Paris, she adored that part of the culture and helped teach her boyfriend the basic knowledge he needed to get around the city and keep up a conversation.

Just as Margo started to rub her aching lower back and shut her tired eyes, she heard a loud clatter noise - that sounded similar to glass shattering - coming from the kitchen area. Margo quickly bolted into the kitchen to find Matthew with a half-open bottle of wine and a broken wine glass on the floor.

"Dammit, I'm such a klutz, who trusted me with the kitchen stuff?" Matthew was muttering to himself, not noticing that his girlfriend was watching him from the doorway before crouching down to pick up the broken glass.

"Well, I sure didn't cause I know better than that." Margo chuckled, rolling her eyes and grabbed the dustpan inside one of the open miscellaneous boxes next to her. "Move over, klutz. Can't risk hurting yourself."

She carefully walked over and collected the small glass pieces on the floor into her dustpan as her boyfriend sighed deeply and pout. "I was trying to be romantic and serve you wine."

"Bold of you to assume we need wine glasses to be romantic. Just pop open the bottle and we can drink it straight from there." Margo looked over her shoulder and gave him a look accompanied by a sly smirk.

"To think we were going to be more sophisticated after we moved into our first home together." But nevertheless, Matthew followed Margo's instructions and opened the bottle.

After Margo discarded the broken glass, she put aside another box from the countertop and pushed herself on top of the counter. A soft smile broke onto Matthew's lips as he watched her climb onto the countertop before handing her the wine bottle. "You get the first sip."

"Why thank you." she grinned, greedily taking the bottle into her grasp before taking a small sip and then handing it back to her boyfriend. "We have to go furniture shopping soon."

"Ah, let's not talk about that." Matthew laughed, shaking his head after sipping from the bottle. "I'm just glad we have our essentials right now."

"A proper bed is essential, so are a few couches and a table... some paintings would be nice too." Margo retorted, causing Matthew to roll his eyes and point the wine bottle at her.

"Margo, I'm too tired to even think about what we need to decorate the house with. Let's not forget I want to redo the fireplace to make it look like a drunk gnome made it." he hummed as his girlfriend took the bottle from him.

She took a long sip before rolling her eyes and giggled softly as she looked at the man in front of her. "Oh fine, you're not fun." Then she placed the wine bottle on the counter next to her before getting off of the counter and looking up at him with a small smile.

Matthew raised a brow at the woman's smile. "What are ya thinking, babe?" he slowly snaked an arm around her waist, and pushing up the edge of her shirt slightly to rub circles into her skin.

"I dunno." Margo shrugged before closing the space between them and rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso, while his other arm curled around her small frame. "I guess I'm just really happy because I have nothing to regret leading up to this point in my life."

"Good," he hummed and rested his chin against the top of her head. "As long as you're happy, I'm happy." he smiled softly before planting a soft kiss to her hairline and resuming his position.

Her mind wandered back to the time when herself and Matthew were sitting around one day and ended up talking about the future ahead of them. Margo and Matthew already decided on how they were going to name their kids since they knew they were eventually going to marry. (They'd name their kids by either Month Color Faye-Gubler or Color Month Faye-Gubler) As the memory left her mind, she hummed in response and dug her head deeper into his chest. Her smile broadening as she caught his familiar scent filling her lungs. Old books, vanilla, lavender. "Can we sway?" she mumbled into his chest, almost incoherently.

"Excuse me?" Matthew looked down at her with a soft chuckle.

"Sway," Margo lifted her head from his chest and looked up at him with her wide smile. "As you know," she started to move side-to-side.

Matthew let out a soft laugh at his girlfriend's movements before nodding and softly tightening his grip around her waist. "Of course we can sway."

"Good," she grinned before pecking his chin and resting her head against his chest once more as they started to sway in sync to whatever tune she started to hum.

The couple swayed with Margo's humming in the background, before slowly deciding to try their hand at slow dancing. Matthew's hand gently took Margo's small one as his other hand rested above her lower back. They did their best to move away or past the brown boxes that took over 75% of the floors in the house, but nevertheless, they had an amazing time doing so. They laughed when one stepped on the other's foot or knocked into a stack of boxes.

Once they made it towards the hallway, Margo stopped moving and gave her boyfriend a look he's seen a handful of times from her. "I love you, Matthew."

Matthew's lips quirked into a lop-sided smile. "And I love you, Margo." he dipped his head to meet her lips and gave her a loving kiss, one that she quickly returned.

She moved her arms around his neck as she smiled against his lips, repeating over and over again those three little words that made both of their hearts flutter. His arms advanced around her waist as his hands moved up and down her back, as he repeated back those three little words he knew she loved to hear.

It was a wonderful thing for Margo Faye and Matthew Gray Gubler to find one another, and even better that they pursued a relationship and then later falling in love. Anyone that knew them was completely and utterly happy for the couple. The most simple of glances thrown across the room, or the slightest of touches, anyone could tell that they were deeply in love with one another.

If there was one thing everyone could agree on for what they wanted from their favorite couple, was to always remain happy and endearing with one another, and with luck towards their upcoming future, it would just be that.

☆☆☆

author's note.
GUYS ITS FUCKING FINISHED WHAT IM SOBBING! holy shit, it hasn't hit me yet that faybler's story has actually ended, but i should also tell all of you reading that i cried writing this whole chapter. there were many ways i wanted this story to end, but it just felt right to have it end the way it did you know? with faybler being cute as fuck and some background into the depth of their relationship.

it boggles my mind that so many of you actually enjoyed this story because i kinda made this on a whim. i remember coming up with this fuzzy idea of how margo and mgg met and had no plan on where to take the rest of this story, because usually, that's how i do my best work (sometimes.) i remember getting to one point where i thought i would discontinue this story but lmao here i am, FINISHING IT. it seems like yesterday when i just started this story, but no! we're on the last chapter and i have a serious amount of mixed emotions.

i am happy on how i ended this story, that's for sure. i'm sad that i'm ending this story, but all good things must come to an end. i'm highkey mad at some plot holes i realized i had, but ah who fucking cares anymore. ugh, my emotions are so out of order istg i'm a hot mess right now ahaha.

however, before i end this story, i would like to thank every single one of you for reading. thanks to your reads and amazing comments, it has only inspired and encouraged me to continue writing. to everyone to has helped me along the way and listened to my long, random ass rambles about my ideas for this story, thank you. and to everyone in general, thank you. you have been the biggest help and that is all i could ever ask for.

once again, thank you for reading, commenting, voting, and overall supporting the softest babies who are margaret june faye and matthew gray gubler and their story.

one more note i should add, i've already planned yet another mgg fic that i plan on posting as soon as possible. hopefully you guys will go there and send me the same amount of love you've sent this story.

i love every single on of you, and once again, thank you for reading faybler's story 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 191 11
"I didn't catch your name." "Elena. Ellie for my friends."
1.3M 32.6K 30
"𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕." -𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝗼𝐧 15 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐝- 𝐜𝗼𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐲: @𝐚𝗺𝐲𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐲𝗺𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞
371 0 4
Matthew Gray Gubler imagines from my tumblr :) There will be smut, angst and fluff in the following