r.e.m

By salutebreezy_

you're such a dream to me... not your typical love story. inspired by Ariana Grande's r.e.m & the movie Baby... More

defintion/intro.
the final stick up?
window pain.
fake smile.
mob ties.
shame.
ego.
weather the storm.
run & hide.
you like that. | pt. one
tonight. | pt. two

dr. whoever.

4.4K 281 527
By salutebreezy_

Please be my Dr. Whoever...

I collapse on the side of the bed with my chest heaving up and down. I catch my breath before I turn to look at him who was doing the same. He flashes that authentic smile of his and I grin at him before getting up. I grab my thong and tank top from the floor pulling them on. I still felt like I was on this high as my flimsy legs felt like they were walking on air. I watch as he discards of the condom in the trash beside the bed before standing up to pull his sweatpants on. I take my time to check myself in the mirror while I allow him to get ready.

"It's past midnight! Happy birthday, bestie!" He says scooping me up in his arms. I let out a slight yelp before I bust out in laughter from him spinning me around. I was now 23 but things still felt the same.

"Thank you!" I kiss him on the cheek and he puts me down.

You see, Rabbit was my best friend... with benefits. Things always were this intense with him. That was his personality period. "So, you know how I told you my parents ain't fucking with me right now?" He asks as he makes his way over to my dresser. I nod as lay across my bed watching him pull out a bag of blow. "I called my mom to ask her for some money and she called me a drug addict... a cokehead to be more specific." He says as he dumps the coke on the dresser and begins to line it up. I shake my head as he sniffs two lines with a pre-rolled dollar bill. "You want in on this?" He asks pointing to the extra line.

"I told you I don't like it," I say to him. I tried it once and it definitely wasn't for me. "And you do need to stop sniffing that stuff like it's candy, bruh. I'ma be pissed if you overdose on that shit. I'm the one who has to bring you back to life, not ya moms so I should be the one who's tight..." I say seriously because he was the only person I currently had. I kept Narcan on deck because there were so many occasions where he has overdosed. I feared for his life at times.

"You sound just like that bitch. You act like I'm a fiend." He says sniffing another line. I didn't bother to reply because we all had our ways with coping with things. I had my outlets and he had his. I wasn't the one to judge and neither was he which is why we got along so well. Plus we had so many things in common. I swear he was the male version of me and vice versa. "Any word on your brother?" He asks changing the subject. My stomach twists a bit at the mention of his name but I've grown used to our separation.

"He killed the private investigator." Rabbit begins to laugh obnoxiously at my response. I didn't think it was funny at all seeing as though I was only trying to keep tabs on him to make sure he was alright. I'm sure it was some type of message to me. All I wanted was to know he was okay so essentially I got what I wanted out of the deal. He clearly was alright but that's as much as I knew about him.

"Yo, that man is straight cutthroat!" Rabbit laughs as he lays on the bed in front of me so that we were face to face. It's been a while since I've seen or heard from Jasai. We haven't spoken since our argument back in the Bahamas. I missed him so much but the words he spoke to me cut deep. When he said he didn't need me that altered my life because he was the one I needed the most. Now I've been living without him for over a year and it still hasn't gotten easier.

"He's okay and that's all that matters..." I guess he really didn't need me after all.

"From what you told me he can handle his own plus you have me now! I'm like the best thing that ever happened to you." He says the last part sarcastically as he jumps up. I swear white boy was so energetic.

"You wish." I roll my eyes playfully. I'm not going to lie, Rabbit has made my life easier and less lonely than it was before I met him. He was always true to himself and to me which made it easy to reciprocate the same energy. I really don't know what I would do without him. He was my white boy and I loved that he was here for me. We were here for each other.

"Yo, remember that one time we stole from my neighbor's crib?" He says randomly.

"You mean the apartment you got evicted from?" I shake my head as I roll on my back to stare at the ceiling.

"Yea... we should do that shit again?"

"I already got something good going for me right now." I haven't really touched my portion of my cash since the last stickup. I made sure when I snuck back into the villa I stole my portion of the cash along with Kizzle's. Travis thought he was going to keep all of it but I broke into the safe and landed myself in Miami. I had a pretty good gig going on even if I did like it many days. It brought in a lot of income so I wasn't going to stop.

"Hence why I'm here, sweet thang." He grins at me while grabbing his crotch. I give him a dirty look. "You wasn't looking like that when I was all up in them guts." I stick my middle finger up at him. "Rabbitttt, ohhhh yessss.... right there, auhhhh." He imitates me while doing grinding motions. I can't help but to bust out in laugher. I swear this fool was too much.

"That reminds me. Where's my money?" I stick out my hand waiting.

"Money kinda tight this time around. You ain't tryna give me a freebie, bestie."

"Give me my damn money, Rabbit." He starts digging in his pockets with one hand and sticking his middle finger up at me at the same time. I already knew he had money from checking his pant's pockets earlier. Rabbit was a con artist. His charisma could buy you into giving him almost anything. I learned that a long time ago with him but two can play at that game. A con sees a con and knows one when approached. He knew I wasn't a dummy.

"Greedy ass." He sucks his teeth while throwing the bundled cash at me.

"You're the one that scheduled this meeting," I say as I take the rubber band off of the cash. I begin to count it to make sure it's all there. $500 and that was a major discount only because of the connection we had. Plus he had a pretty good hang time that he knew how to use extremely well so I was fucking with it.

"I missed you plus I'm going out of town for a couple weeks... tonight..." My heart sinks knowing I'll be all alone with no one to talk to. Rabbit often went MIA and when he did, his phone was most likely off. I wouldn't know if he was back until he texted/called me from an unknown or randomly showed up at my crib.

"Are you serious?!" I say sitting up quickly. "We were supposed to have a fucking sleepover this weekend!" It was my birthday and I planned on spending the rest of the weekend with Rabbit. I canceled major financial deals and he's going to bail on me?! "We've been planning this for weeks! I already ordered the food! We were supposed to watch movies, spark up the whole night and fuck... free pussy! Nah nigga, you just fucked up my vibe."

"Then you can give me my fucking money back and I'll take free pussy right now." He says trying to take the money out my hand but I pull away.

"Nah, you bailing on me. Now I gotta spend my birthday alone."

"Don't I always make it up to you?"

"That ain't the point, bitch boy."

"Suck my dick... oh wait, you already did!" He starts laughing at his corny ass joke. "Smutty."

"You're annoying. Anyways, where you going this time?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Not too sure yet... that's to be determined." I nod as I grab the pre-rolled blunt and baby blue lighter from the nightstand. I hold the blunt between my lips as I feel Rabbit's intensive stare radiating off of me. "You should come with me." I light the blunt and inhale deeply then exhale.

"I can't. I have some pretty high rollers lined up next week."

"You know... when your brother finds out you doing this he gonna flip shit." I take a couple more hits from the blunt before passing it over to him.

"He won't find out... ain't like I'm ever gonna talk to him again." He smokes on the blunt while he gives me a steady gaze. Since Jasai and I had our fallout I had no intentions on speaking to him. I felt like he abandoned me. The pain stung so bad thinking back so I had no choice but to push forward. I choose to numb myself from my feelings and pretend like he didn't exist. Rabbit was the only person who knew anything about my personal life. I preferred to keep it that way.

"I'm calling your fucking bluff, my dude." Rabbit waves me off.

"I don't care about him! Well... I mean... Like I said, as long as he's good then that's about it. Our relationship is ruined. He can blame himself for that." I say getting in my feelings. Anytime Jasai was brought up it was a given that I did.

"Honestly bruh, that's on the both of you though." I scrunch up my nose and lips as I look at Rabbit like he lost his damn mind. "You're choosing to leave him in the dark. Had you told him all the shit homeboy put you through then he would've been here with you like I know you want him to be."

"Now you're blaming this on me? You think it's my fucking fault?" I had given Rabbit every single detail from that day. I've told him most of my dark secrets. Secrets that no one knew other than the one who put me through it and one who had no choice but to take it to the grave. How dare he try to flip this on me!

"Honesty I ain't blaming you but I'm blaming you." He shrugs with the blunt still in his hand.

"Get the fuck out my house!" I scream at him as I jump up to grab my clothes. "And give me my fucking blunt." I snatch it out his hand.

"Here we go with you acting crazy again." He sucks his teeth now gathering the rest of his clothes to put them on.

"Nigga you lost your goddamn mind! You don't know shit! He could've fucking came with me but HE chose not to! He couldn't even see that I was in pain. He's my fucking brother! I shouldn't have to say shit!" I've always had a bad temperament but over the years especially as of late, I would pop off at even the smallest things. It took nothing but the wrong words, gesture or look. At this moment I felt like a raging bull due to the sensitivity of the topic.

"I'm spitting nothing but straight facts at you! If you would've told him from the get-go a lot of shit could have been avoided." I look at him stunned that he would even say that. The message was subliminal but I got the memo loud and clear.

"I already know I'm the reason Kizzle's dead, you don't have to remind me!" I yell at him as I rush past him. He attempts to grab my forearm but I harshly pull away.

"Jaz, you know I ain't mean it like that!" He's on my heels as I rush towards my bathroom. I really just wanted to be alone. "Fuck! You know that came out wrong." I knew he had no ill intentions but truthfully sometimes he didn't think before he spoke. I slam the bathroom door in his face and lock it so he wouldn't be able to come in. "I'm sorry. You know I would never blame you for that shit. Ever!" It didn't matter if he wasn't. I was blaming myself. I was so goddamn tired of living in this guilt.

Rabbit didn't know what to do while sitting on Jazelle's bed. He's rarely seen or heard her cry and it was eating out his heart. Jazelle was the only person that's genuinely showed that they cared about him. He's never had anybody show so much interest in his true self. He cared about her so deeply. That was his truest and only friend. He'd never want to hurt her especially not on her birthday. He'd never forget when he first met Jazelle. What was only supposed to be a couple of weeks in Miami turned into a whole year and he had no plans on leaving her side.

Sitting at the bus stop, Jazelle had no idea where to go. She had landed in Miami hours ago and was debating if she should catch another flight somewhere else. She felt so isolated in this city but she knew no matter where she went she would have the same feeling. Without her brother by her side, she felt lost and incomplete. She had no clue where to start or where to go. She even had to toss her phone because she was on the verge of picking up her brother's nonstop calls.

It's been about 24 hours and she hasn't sleep nor eaten. Her appetite was completely gone. All she had was a duffle bag full of money and heartache. She knew she'd have to probably get a hotel soon but she had no idea where one was. She was hesitant about asking for directions because she already felt secluded. More like lost without her big brother's guidance.

A bus pulls up to the stop and some people get off including the infamous Rabbit. He was fairly new to Miami and had plans on going back to his hometown Houston within a week. Technically he didn't have a definite home but his parents residence was the only shelter he could potentially run to once the money dried up. That would be pretty soon.

He noticed her almost instantly as she lets her mind roam. Something told him to keep moving but gravity pulls him towards her like a magnet. The look in her eyes was a reflection of himself. Pain and agony seeping through her soul. He felt her pain before he even knows what it was.

He takes a seat next to her but she continues to pay him no mind. She's too consumed in her own thoughts to even notice him sitting beside her. "You new around here? So am I." He decides to speak up.

She glances over at him and observes his demeanor. White boy, dozens of tattoos, blonde hair, tall, slinky and fine as fuck but not exactly her type. "I have a boyfriend." She says pulling her duffle bag close to her. She wasn't afraid that he'd steal it because she'd take off on him. Her brother taught her to handle her own.

"Oh, that's what you thought this was?" His chuckle gets under her skin. "You lookin' all down and out. I can relate." They would become each other's shoulder to lean on. In times of hardship, bad memories and devastating times.

"My boyfriend will be here any moment so I really suggest you get the fuck outta here." She lies so that he could leave. Had she known Rabbit back then like she did now, she would have known her efforts would be failed attempts.

"I'd like to meet homie so I can ask him why you got a fucked up attitude." That's all it took to upset her.

"I'm telling you right now, my nigga... you don't want no smoke." She's as serious as a court case but Rabbit finds it amusing. Without knowing each other's past they both think they've been through it all. "This ain't a joke to me so stop laughing." She pushes his head and he's astounded. He had only met this girl a couple of minutes ago and she was already putting her hands on him.

"Yo, don't put ya hands on me, baby doll." The biggest slap comes Rabbit's way. Jazelle wanted to do so much more than slap him. That name was forbidden. To hear that name was like throwing salt in a fresh wound. He was completely thrown off by her actions. This girl had some serious problems but he liked them crazy.

"Damn, you couldn't even wait until we got to the bed?" She would become infatuated with his amazing sense of humor later on.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are but ima leave before I go to jail for committing murder." She already has plenty of other things she was wanted for. She didn't need to add him to the list. She began to walk away to nowhere in particular with her duffle bag slung over her shoulder. She wanted to be as far away from him as possible.

He continues to follow behind her even though he knew she would eventually object. "No one would care if I was gone. You actually might be doing me a favor." Jazelle stops in her tracks from hearing him say those words. Maybe she could relate.

"What's your problem?" She turns around to face him. He stuffs his hands in his pocket as he shrugs.

"Same as yours I suppose."

"You don't know anything about me." He smiles down at the sidewalk before bringing it up to her. Everything about him confused her making her intrigued. She thought the new boy was insane but who was she to judge when she was nowhere close to being sane herself.

"I might not but you have the same look in your eyes that I do." Her eyebrows mesh together. At the time she didn't see it but now she saw that the resemblance was so strong.

"I really don't know what your deal is..."

"I'm trying to figure out the same thing with you, beautiful." Rabbit has always had an outgoing personality but he wasn't the type to impose. However, this scenario seemed different. He felt the fortunate chemistry. "I'm lonely, you're lonely... maybe we can keep each other company."

"I don't need company." She really wanted to be left alone and this guy didn't want to take the hint. Truthfully, he was concerned. He wasn't going to give up until she began to open up.

"I ain't gonna lie, I could use some." He says now walking beside her. She ignores his comment simply because she didn't know to respond without being rude. "You've been sitting at that bus stop for hours, looks like ya boyfriend ain't coming." He says pointing back at the bus stop they were now a block away from now.

"You've been watching me?" Jazelle stops in her tracks as she turns to face him. Her face told him that she thought he was a psycho and that very well be the case. He only knew because he rode the same bus route around the city. Four round trips and he continued to notice her still sitting at the same bus stop. There were times when the bus passed and she was wiping silent tears and cursing under her breath. He was in the same predicament as her; broken and lonely. Eventually, the bus driver kicked him off and the stop she was sitting at was closest to his temporary living headquarters.

"I can't help you but I can go through it with you..."

"I don't understand... why... why are being like this? You don't know me..." He doesn't know what she's done or what she's capable of. Neither does she know all of the wrongs that he's done. It's what brings their connection together. A connection so raw that they could always be themselves when they were together.

"Do we really ever know anybody?" That question lingers with her for a very long time. Anytime she meets somebody new, she questions everything.

"I wouldn't trust me if I were you."

"I don't even trust myself so I don't expect for you to trust me either." He smiles at her and she gives him a quizzical stare. "So where we going?" He asks as he leaves her there as he walks forward. She stands there unsure if she should follow him or abandon him while his back is turned. Her mind is telling her that she's smarter than this. Why the hell would you follow a stranger? But her gut is telling her that something about him is a reflection of herself. She hurries to catch up to him so that they were now walking side by side. He slings his arm over her shoulder as he guides her but she shrugs it off. "Aight, we ain't there yet. I get it." He chuckles.

"You said you're new around here, right?" She asks him. Seeing as though she had no place to go maybe she could find out information on places to stay. A hotel until she could find a place to dwell in.

"I've been here for a couple weeks but I plan on going back home soon."

"Where you from?"

"Houston. You?"

"Harlem. Where you staying?"

"Shacked up in some Motel on the upper east side."

"Well let's go there so I can get a room." She says. He nods and leads the way.

...

Rabbit and Jazelle made it back to the motel, she booked a room and got adjusted to her placement. She took a long hot shower, washed her hair and got comfortable.

Once she was settled she decided to go to Rabbit's room down the hall to get to know him more. It turns out they had a lot more in common than she thought. Something about him made her feel comfortable and at ease. They hadn't gotten too personal but they went on about the basis of their complicated lives; leaving out many horrendous details. They listened to each other for hours until things began to get hot and steamy.

They both didn't have the intentions of sleeping with one another but that didn't mean the attraction wasn't there. Rabbit's perversion is obvious as he stares at Jazelle like she's the juiciest t-bone steak. She didn't mind the stares and in fact, wouldn't mind sitting on it. It was something she was familiar with to numb the pain.

Blunts have been passed for hours along with Rabbit doing his lines of blow. The foggy motel room was clouded with marijuana smoke as they both sat at opposite sides of the bed. Rabbit's eyes were glued to Jazelle's hips and legs. Her figure intrigued him with her face being the bonus. He hadn't had sex in over a week and really wanted her right now. All her features were intensifying due to the mixture of drugs. He was horny and didn't even bother to cover his hard-on.

"Why you looking at me like that?" She glances over at him.

"You tryna fuck?" Rabbit was as bold as can be.

"You got a condom?" And Jazelle was always down for a good time. This high was making her horny and she could use some sex as an anesthetic.

Rabbit pulls out a wad of condoms from his pocket and throws them on the bed.

...

Jazelle found the perfect opportunity in the middle of the night to take off. Rabbit was knocked out cold and with all of the coke he's done tonight, she was surprised he hasn't overdosed. She's been watching his every move tonight. After pulling all of her clothes on she tiptoes to his pants pocket and steals all the money he had in his wallet leaving only the bus pass he had to go back home. Discreetly she exits the room, heads back to her motel room, gathers her things and takes off in the darkness of the night.

After much searching, Jazelle finally found a nice two bedroom condo in Downtown Miami. She was suited up in her jogging suit ready to go for a run. She loved this hot Miami weather. Her favorite part was basking in the sun. She grabs her keys hooking them on her waist and sets the jogging timer on her Apple Watch. When she opens the door she's comforted with who she less expects it to be.

"Found you!"

"Shit!" She tries to shut the door but he pushes back forcing himself inside. He slams the door behind him and she slowly backs away. She had a gun taped underneath the couch and wouldn't hesitate to use it if he got frisky.

"How you gon' fuck me and up and leave! I had my feelings involved and shit." Rabbit's sarcasm lacing through his lips. Jazelle is discombobulated with how he even found her location. The closer she got to the couch she became more hopeful. Rabbit, however, was paying attention to her every move. This wasn't the first break-in he's done.

"Dude, I thought I was fucking crazy but you're next level. You really stalking me? On dawgs?"

"Shawty, you stole my money! I had to go back to my shitty ass parents house and beg them for money." He was livid. His parents despised him. They felt like he was a worthless drug addict in which he could agree to. That's why it hurt so much. "You know how embarrassing that is?"

"I told you not to trust me."

"I also told you not to trust me and I found you. It was so fucking hard finding you at first. I usually have a record of three days but you were 3 fucking weeks... who the fuck are you?!" Rabbit could find anybody and anything. He had really good investigative skills.

He's fucking insane, Jazelle thought. She thought it would be best to dispose of him because he clearly was a stalking psychopath.

Rabbit felt extremely disrespected. It was hard enough begging his parents for money over the phone but in person, it was even more humiliating. He was pressed and maybe even wanted to teach her a lesson or two.

"I got your money. It's under the couch let me grab it." Jazelle quickly tries to reach under the couch for her gun but Rabbit already peeps game.

"Ah ah ah, I wasn't born yesterday, baby." He swiftly grabs her before reaching for the gun he already suspected was there. He spins her around pressing her back against his chest. He has a tight hold on her letting her know she wasn't about to make any false moves. He examines the gun to see it was one of his favorite handguns. "1911... Smith & Wesson. What a beautiful gun for such a beautiful lady." He presses the gun against her temple. She closes her eyes briefly out of fear. "Now you're gonna give me my money with interest for my inconvenience."

"If you're gonna shoot me then do it. Just like you, no one would care if I was gone." She meant it. It's like she's been living in hell since everything went down at the last stick up. She's contemplated on taking her own life but she wasn't strong enough to do it. Now that she had someone else who she thought might be willing to pull the trigger she wanted to jump at the opportunity.

"I care." That was hard to believe seeing as though he had a fully loaded gun to her head with the safety off. Even if he wasn't, how could he care when she still felt he barely knew her? They had one good night of venting and sex.

"Well, I don't so do it already! I want to be out of my misery. That way I can be with Kahlil." Hot tears stream down Jazelle face. It was still so fresh and raw in her memory. All her worries and pain would be wiped away once her life was dissolved.

"Who's Kahlil?" Rabbit asks a little concerned.

"It doesn't matter now!" She says angrily.

"Was that your boyfriend who stood you up at the bus stop?" Rabbit remembered her saying he was coming but she hadn't addressed it after they left the bus stop together. Jazelle wasn't ready to speak about Kahlil then and she still doesn't know if she could now.

Her emotions come to a boil and erupt as tears and harsh sobs pour out of her body.

Rabbit began to ponder because he didn't know how to react. He was still pissed off but something within him told him that she needed love. Someone to console her in her time of need. So he removes the gun from her temple, turns on the safety and tosses it on the couch. He turns her around and wraps his arms around her. She melted into him and that's when she clings onto him for support. She hasn't cried since that day and now it was all flooding out.

From that moment on, they've been stuck like glue. An odd but loving friendship blossomed unexpectedly.

They were such close friends but seeing as though they had so much in common, they often argued. But this time around he actually felt bad. When they had arguments, mostly stupid or petty, he didn't care if she got upset. He was reckless at the mouth and many of the time he didn't think before he spit his words out. But to hear her crying pain him so much that he couldn't leave before making things right.

He knocks on the door once her crying subsides. She sniffles as she stares at the door. She knew Rabbit meant no harm and she's already grown accustomed to his ways. She accepted him as is but his words back there really struck a nerve. She didn't think she was the blame for Jasai and her fallout. In fact, she thought she was the victim. But how could her brother even know that if she held her tongue? Rabbit knew Jazelle was way too vulnerable to accept the truth. It was hard to tell when she would ever get over the grief.

"Jaz..." He calls out to her after his knocks were left ignored.

"Leave me alone, Rabbit!"

"I'm sorry for what I said... more or less on how you took it." He says leaning against the bathroom door. "I know how much K meant to you. I don't want you to ever blame yourself for his death because it might've happened regardless had you told ya brother or not."

Jazelle wipes her tears away as she listens to Rabbit through the door. She felt the sincerity in his voice which was uncommon for Rabbit. She could count on one hand how many times he's actually apologized.

"You know I can't leave until you come out and give me a hug." Rabbit speaks up which calls for Jazelle to sit up from the toilet seat and unlock the door. They both stand face before Rabbit pulls her in for a tight hug. "I know I don't know my limits sometimes but I'm sorry if I offended you."

"It's cool." Jazelle sniffs. After a few more seconds they pull away from their embrace. Jazelle rubs her puffy eyes before yawning. It was going on 3 AM and they've already had a long night. Rabbit sensed her drowsiness. He was nowhere close to ending his night. He'd let Jazelle get some sleep so he can depart for his trip.

Jazelle gets in the bed and he tucks her in. He sits beside her as he watches the sorrow in her face. "I love you, best friend." They both were so grateful that they meet one another. They came together in a time of need and despair. It was a bond that definitely couldn't be broken.

"I love you too." She looks up at him. He gives her a half smile happy that he was on her good side again. "Promise me you won't use for the rest of the night..." Rabbit couldn't promise anything especially after upsetting Jazelle but she was truly concerned about his safety. She could at least monitor him when he's doing it in front of her.

"I'll try." She doesn't believe him but accepts the answer anyways. He waits for her to fall into her slumber before getting up to leave. When he sees that she's close, he gets up to leave. "Aight I'm out." He says pulling the covers up on her more. She was nodding off which was his sign to hit the road. "Happy birthday. Hope you have fun searching for your gift. It's under the bed by the way." Jazelle didn't hear a thing as her dreams consumed her. He kisses her on the cheek, turns off her lights and cracks the door closed. He then locks up her house and takes off. He gets in his Honda Civic and heads for the nearest highway.

Little did Jazelle know, she wouldn't be spending her birthday alone. Sitting in his car outside her house, Jasai stays in deep thought because he figured this would be the last place he would be. He's never imagined life without his baby sister until he was forced to when she fled the wedding. The death of his best friend altered his life but losing his sister, that pain was on a whole other level. How could you mourn someone who was still alive? He missed her badly but he knew she needed this space. It's been a little over a year and he couldn't add more time. He's already missed one birthday, he couldn't miss another one.

Finding the strength, he finally gets out the car and makes his way over to her residence. He's been watching her for the past couple of months to keep track of her. He knew almost everything about her current situation. What Jazelle failed to realize is that she couldn't run her brother's own game on him. He taught her the way and anticipated her every move.

With the spare key he was able to finagle he opens the door and makes his way into the dark home. He makes his rounds to help him become familiar with the place before finding her bedroom. The door was cracked so he poked his head in to see her in a deep sleep. A smile illuminates his face with the sight of her. Right now he'd let her sleep but by mid-afternoon, he'd return to make his presence known. He wasn't sure how she would take his sudden arrival but he wanted things to go back to how they were. When they were all each other needed.

What he failed to realize is Jazelle's mindset had changed. She'd always need her brother but she was no longer codependent on him. Her love never changed but her level of attachment has decreased. Her brother would always be her everything but this lesson has taught her to fall back and learn to live her own life which is what Jasai wanted. He just didn't want her to live her life the way she's currently been going about it. It was one of the main reasons why he's decided to reconnect with her. The subject of her current occupation would be addressed eventually but right now he was relishing this moment of being reignited.

He pulls away from the room and heads out locking up after himself.

This birthday would be one to remember. One that would map out the rest of her future; their future. A living nightmare turned into a dream come true.

How y'all feel about Rabbit? Do you think it's a good thing that Jasai found Jazelle? Introducing new characters next chapter ;)
Comment/Vote please ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 2.5K 14
CHRIS BROWN IMAGINES ALL ABOUT SEX FOR TEAM BREZZY HOPE YOU ENJOY IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE,AND RECOMMEND MY STORY LOVE:ANNA
187K 12.2K 50
Vision of Love Book 2 *read book 1 before this* You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I ca...
329K 18K 67
Be careful what you wish for you just might get it! Don't be alarmed. Don't be afraid. It doesn't have to go the wrong way. In April's case God gave...
92.9K 3K 59
Baby, you do it so well You been so understanding, you been so good And I'm puttin' you through more than one ever should And I'm hating myself 'caus...