When We Met (Student/Teacher...

By countrygirlusa

USED TO BE TITLED "GRADUATED" "Kiss me! I mean it! Kiss me! I'm not going to make the first move. You are! I... More

Authors Note!
chapter one-edited.
chapter two-edited.
chapter three-edited.
chapter four-edited.
chapter five-edited.
chapter six-edited.
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
Authors Note!
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
Author's Note!
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty; part one
chapter twenty; part two
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight; part one
chapter twenty-eight; part two
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one; part one
chapter thirty-one; part two
Author's Note - READ
chapter thirty-two; part one
chaper thirty-two; part two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chater forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
Author's Note- READ
Sequel, So We Meet Again (HAS BEEN POSTED NOW!)

chapter twenty-two

50.5K 982 417
By countrygirlusa

Okay, so I feel like I'm sort of going a little fast with this story... what about you guys? Maybe it's just how frequent I update that's making me feel this way, I don't know! I think this chapter was rushed, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. Please don't forget to comment, vote and fan! ENJOY:)

P.S. Picture of Mandi to the side!

P.P.S. I'm not sure if I'm going to update tonight or tomorrow! Because, it's almost 5 and my volleyball practice started tonight, so I'm going to be pretty busy with that along with the nine classes i'm taking and  7 classes worth of homework and then tomorrow I have school and all that.. BLEHHH... I hate how busy I'm going to be with all this, but still, I'm already working on the next chapter but I've only got a page done and I don't know when I'll work on it again.

NOTE AT BOTTOM FOR MY NON-AMERICAN READERS:)

__________________________________________________________________________

Morgan handed me the bouquet of flowers and grabbed me in for a hug. He remembered that I told him I loved pink and yellow carnations, he’s certainly racking up them brownie points.

I never wanted to let go, but then hearing my father clear his voice broke us apart. I saw that Mandi had come out of the kitchen and removed her apron and made her way into the living room where we were standing.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Johnson, I’m Morgan Denson.”

“Call me, Scott.” My dad didn’t sound too enthused but he definitely wasn’t in a bad mood.

“Of course.”

He finally made his way to see Mandi and shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you, as well, Mrs. Johnson. You look quite lovely.”

It was true, she did. But, she always did. I saw Mandi blush and it made me smile. I knew he had just won her over.

“Oh, please, dear, call me Mandi. Now, let’s take a seat on the couch, dinner won’t be ready for another fifteen or so minutes.”

We sat on the couch and everything went silent. It was incredibly awkward, I swear you could’ve heard a mouse run across the floor it was so quiet.

I looked at Morgan and he smiled.

I was waiting for him to start the small talk, as he was great with that, being a teacher and all.

“So, I see you’re a VOLS fan?” questioning my father even though he had already known the answer because I had already told him. But it was pretty obvious to anyone.

We had a welcome place mat outside that was VOLS along with a throw blanket, coaster and the shirt my father had been wearing was all Tennessee orange. It was funny though, because Morgan didn’t like Tennessee much since he was a Bulldog fan, but I hoped he wouldn’t mention this to my father.

I smiled and saw that he had my father when I saw him smile.

The two started talking football and Mandi asked me to come in the kitchen with her.

“You didn’t say Morgan was a hottie!”

I laughed as I helped her set the table.

“I know! He’s so cute.”

“Cute is an understatement, dear.”

I smiled. I always loved how she’d talk boys with me, she always had.

I walked back into the living room and saw dad and Morgan still talking.

Morgan smiled as soon as he saw me and dad turned around.

“Addie, did you know your boyfriend here is a bulldog fan? I can’t believe you’re dating a bulldog fan! We’re going to have to convert him to become a Tennessee fan.” My dad was smiling and patted Morgan on the back as they stood up.

Dad had just called Morgan my boyfriend. Was he my boyfriend? Oh, gosh, I certainly hope so.

I smiled and blushed. “I’m sure you’ll be able to turn him, dad. But, anyways, dinner is ready.”

“Great, I’m starved,” I heard Morgan say as he walked over and grabbed my hand.

Dad and Mandi were already sitting at the table when we reached the dining room.

“Mmm, this looks delicious, Mandi,” Morgan said with a smile.

Yeah, work that magic, babe. I smiled and felt some more butterflies flutter around.

After a few minutes my father finally asked the question I had known he’d ask all night.

“So, Morgan, what are your intentions with my daughter?”

Morgan looked at me, smiled and took my hand again. Then he looked at my father and answered.

“My intentions are completely honorable. I want nothing but the best for your daughter. She makes me want to be a better man. She makes me think and laugh. When I look at her, I can see a serious future with her. I don’t plan on ever hurting Addie. She’s the best thing that’s happened in my life in quite some time. And I plan on to keep see her as long as both of you are okay with.”

Awe, okay, if he didn’t had me completely fallen for him before that moment, oh, he had me now.

Mandi was lit up like a tree on Christmas Eve and my dad was smiling nodding his head.

“Morgan, you definitely have our permission.”

Thank, God! I knew he’d be able to stray my father away from the whole idea of not liking him. Because, I mean once you get past his cocky attitude and all that, Morgan is a sweet and loving man.

“Thank you, Scott, I won’t screw it up.”

“Oh, I know you won’t because then I’ll have to kick your ass.”

Everyone chuckled then my father stopped and said, “But, seriously, I will if I have to.”

“I understand, but don’t worry, I won’t.”

“Do you want a family, Morgan?” Mandi asked.

I gave her the glare of death and she gave me a sympathetic look. Morgan saw it and put his hand up.

“No, it’s fine. Um, I do, just not right away or anything. Maybe in about five or so more years, just not right now.”

Phew. I honestly didn’t know if Morgan wanted a family. I had never seen him around kids and he never mentioned, not that he should’ve, I mean our relationship has been very short lived. But his eyes changed a bit when Mandi said the word family. Hmm, it was probably nothing.

After the questioning was over, dinner was a breeze. There was a lot of laughter and jokes. I learned a lot more about Morgan than I hadn’t known before. I was really happy he suggested that he meet my parents.

My parents were in the kitchen and had just said bye to Morgan since he said he had to be up early in the morning for something.

I said okay and walked outside with him to his car.

“I had a great time, Addie.”

“Yeah, me, too,” I said with my goofiest smile plastered on my face.

“Okay, well, I’m going to be busy all day tomorrow, so I won’t be able to spend time with you. But I’ll still text you so I won’t be missing you all day long.”

I frowned but the last part was cute. I was going to have to accept he wasn’t always available at my dispense.

He chuckled. “But, I’ll see you the next day in class and then we’ll hang out after baseball practice since we didn’t have it this past week.”

“Okay, that sounds good.”

He smiled, kissed me real quick and then got in his car and drove off.

I walked back inside and went to my room and changed into a pair of yoga pants and a tank top and then walked into the living room.

Mandi and dad were cuddled up next to each other on the couch watching some movie on Netflix.

“Morgan’s a good guy,” dad said as he looked at me.

I smiled. “I know.”

“What’s his story?”

What did he mean by that?

“Huh?”

“Like, I just feel like something happened that you two aren’t telling me about.”

Well, he’s getting a divorce mainly because of me, but other than that, nothing comes to my mind.

“Well, I don’t know why you would think that.”

Dad nodded and went back to watching the movie. I walked into my room to go to sleep and check my phone.

Goodnight, babe(: try not to dream about me too much.(; -Morgan

I laughed and texted him goodnight back.

I lied down in bed and immediately fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning at around nine to Chalice beating on my window. I unlocked the latch and helped her in.

“Hey, what are you doing today?” Chalice asked immediately when I helped her in.

I knew what she wanted to go do by the looks of her outfit- she wanted to go running.

Chalice and I had always been running partners, it was just our thing, especially when one of us had something to tell the other or was stressed or whatever the matter may be.

“Hanging out with my best friend,” I said walking over to my dresser grabbing out a fresh tee and running shorts changing and grabbing a pair of tennis shoes.

She smiled and sat down quietly.

This was not the Chalice Powers I knew.

“Chalice, what the hell is wrong?”

“Well, you know how I get when I’m drunk, right?”

I laughed and nodded my head. Chalice gets her extra Chalice on, meaning she was crazier, wilder and acted like a total slut. Oh, God, what did she do?

“What did you do?”

“Don’t hate me.”

Oh, God. What could be so bad I could potentially hate her for it?

“I won’t. I promise. Just tell me.”

She nodded and took a deep breath in.

“I slept with Darren, your Darren.”

I took a step back. My best friend slept with my ex-boyfriend of three years. Most people would be pissed, but I’m not. I was going to say something until I saw she had tears in her eyes. Well, I wasn’t pissed at her, but I was pissed at Darren. That boy just keeps pissing me off.

“Come on. We’re going to go run.” I grabbed her by the arm and lead her out the front door and we started running.

We ran hard, fast and until we were out of breath, leaning over gasping for air. We ran for about forty minutes not stopping once.

When we finally did stop, we ended up at the park we used to play at when we were young.

“Remember, when we were all eight, You, Darren and me, and we were playing on the monkey bars and you kicked Darren in his underdeveloped manhood and made him fall losing three teeth?” I laughed remembering that moment like it was replaying right in front of me while staring at the place it happened ten years ago.

“I do. I was so badass.”

“You’re still badass, Chalice.”

She nodded.

We went over and sat at a picnic table.

“Chalice, I’m not mad or pissed or anything, at you. So don’t think about it. I mean it’s not like you guys haven’t been physical before, I mean, remember he was your first kiss.” I said teasing her. She hated it. She was dared to do it in seventh grade and she said it was awful.

“Don’t remind me. It’s just, he’s your Darren. You two are going to get back together. He knows it, you know it and so does everyone else.”

I thought about what she said. Everyone always had said we were going to get back together. But, I couldn’t ever imagine getting with him now. And thing was, me and Darren never really acknowledged that people said we were going to get back together, just they did and so that’s what we thought, too. But honestly, we were never ever getting back together.

“Darren isn’t mine. And he never will be again. And if last night progressed into something more,” I said looking up at her, “I’d be okay with it.”

Even though Darren had been an ass to me and called me a tramp, I knew he was honestly a great guy and almost any girl would be lucky to have him, not to mention he was pretty damn cute.

“Oh, it was just a one night thing, you know?” she said laughing. I nodded.

“So, I have to ask, how’d that date go?”

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath in about to tell my best friend everything.

“… and then he kissed me goodnight and got into his car.”

“Wow, but Nick was so sexy! Why did he have to turn out like that! And I’ve got to meet this Morgan guy who is making my best friend fall in love and have a back bone!”

I laughed. “You’ll meet him soon, I’m sure of it.”

“I better.”

We got up and walked the way to my house. On the way back, I saw Nick and Lauren outside of his parents’ house arguing about something. I rolled my eyes and waved at them. Lauren grabbed onto the back of Nick’s head and started making out with him when she saw me. I rolled my eyes again and turned my attention back to walking.

_______________________________________________________________________

Questions!

-Do you like Mandi and Scott? :)

-What did you think of what Morgan said about his intentions with Addie?

-Do you have any suspiscions of Morgan?

-What do you think he's going to be doing tomorrow of why he can't hangout with Addie?

-Would you have been mad at Chalice?

PLEASE tell me how you're feeling with this story and what you're wanting to read about soon, I like knowing!

THANK YOU:)

NOTE:

For my NON-AMERICAN readers who may not know much about American sports.. haha, football is mentioned a bit in this chapter, just look over it, they were just talking about the two states Tennessee and Georgia's state football teams. Tenn-Vols and Georgia-Bulldogs. haha.

Hopefully you weren't too confused!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 11.5K 24
Book Two Ryan and Lilly's love story. Out of nowhere, he hit my g-spot, and I shout out his name, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god Ryan keep going ri...
754K 20.8K 63
Kalani had always thought that she was saucy and she could do absolutely anything and get away with it. She went with this mentality to a business ap...
147K 6.4K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
201K 5.6K 27
[MATURE CONTENT] I pushed her up against the wall making her squeal in delight. It had, by now become my favorite sound. "No, Lucas we really shoul...