Imperfect Love Without Defian...

By annoying_e

What happens when a mute meets the bad boy? A mute, Senna Smith, has a complicated past. A bad boy, Ethan Kin... More

Chapter 1: Black
Chapter 2: Fucka-Do-Dee
Chapter 3: Invited
Chapter 5: Shut up, would you?
Chapter 6: A Date
Chapter 7: Regained

Chapter 4: Encounter

82 3 0
By annoying_e

Chapter 4: Encounter

After using the lunch break to explain the encounter with Ethan King, Daisy stared at me with her eyes wide like ping pong balls.

"All of that happened and yet you didn't tell me?" I can't tell that if she's amused or angry.

(I'm really sorry, because after all it wasn't a good thing.)

"Well, tell me about that. After all, he is our neighbour."

(So?)

"And you know, my mom tried convincing me to date him."

(Yeah but he got your favourite sweater torn.)

"And that's why I hate him."

(I thought you hate him because he is a jerk.)

"I didn't really see it with my own eyes that he break girls' hearts. It's all the rumors."

(But you believed those rumours.)

"Now I don't. He's actually kind of nice."

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME?)

"Nope, and I think that Caleb is actually cute."

(Daisy Reed, you have no idea what you just said, do you?)

"I'm aware what i've just said. But no harm having a crush on a bad boy though. Everyone should be in love for once in their life. I'm just living my life to the fullest."

(Love? You love Caleb?)

"Nope, just a tiny crush. I won't handle my heart to someone who doesn't do commitments."

I hope it's really just a crush. They say bad boys change once they meet the right good girl, but such cases only happens in cliche fan fictions, isn't it? I don't believe that in real life, boys would change for their love. Love may be noble, love may be pain, love may be a bliss but does love really change people to an extent that you're willing to give up everything and anything? Love is a big word that people often misuse without knowing the meaning behind it. Four letters, one word, simple right, but actually it's a complicated thing.

"Senna, are you okay?"

(What, uh? Oh ya, i'm fine.)

"You sure? You blanked out for a moment."

(I'm fine. But the lesson after this is not really important for me, can i skip?)

"What! You're going to ditch me?"

(Sorry, you can't skip though. I promised Tina that you'll go and re-take your Maths test.)

"Fine, but where are you going to go?"

(The studio.)

"You sure? I don't want you to . . ."

(I'm fine. I just want to go back. It's been awhile.)

"Do you want me to send you there?"

(No. And i will go back on my own later. Remember to tell Tina not to cook my dinner.)

"But she's going to cook your favourite baked pasta today."

(Tell her i'm sorry.)

"Alright then, be careful. Be back before 10, alright?"

I smiled and left the table.

*

I took out the keys and opened the door. The floorboard creaked upon my footsteps. It's been a long time since i came to the studio. It was a studio located at a very dark alley, a few streets and blocks away from the Reed house.

I slipped my bag down on the piano chair and took a walk around the studio. It was big, wide and spacious. When i entered the room, it gave me chills yet i find the feeling comfortable, it was a feeling of home, not an empty house, not just a studio, but a home. A home with warmth and love, however cheesy this is, i have to admit that this studio makes my heart beats wildly like it never did before, makes me smile wholeheartedly like i never had and makes me want to relive those moments no matter what restrictions.

Standing in the middle of the studio, facing the mirror, everything is just so pleasant. The smell of family hasn't fade, nor would i want it to fade. It's my everything left.

The sides were all paintings by my father. My favourite picture was the pencil sketching with some water colouring of my mother and me in tight black top and a light blue, long, elegant and layered dance skirt, in the middle of the studio, dancing to the song Kiss The Rain by Yiruma.

I went back to the piano, my fingers dancing across the keys, and i played Kiss The Rain unknowingly with my eyes closed, reminiscing the moments.

My father was seated at a corner with the big white canvas in front of him, a black drawing pencil in his rough and warm big hand. The hand moved swiftly across the white canvas, adding lines and curves on it, step by step. His concentrated eyes fixed on my mother, those eyes were filled with affections, love and admiration.

My mother danced gracefully to the music. She danced with every emotion she has, her hands seemed soft and light, her feet moved synchronizing with her hands as her eyes roamed. Their eyes met, the eyes lit up with pure sparkles, love, grateful, happy, enjoyment and admiration. Her head drop down and up, her body swayed and their love was almost like forever in the studio whenever he waves his hands across the canvas and whenever she dance like no one is judging.

At the end, my father told me to stand beside my mom for the exact same pose he was drawing and that's how i ended up in the picture.

I ended off the last key, as the tears rolled down my pale face.

I was crying. My walls crumbled down. The tears rolled down uncontrollably. I was crying, crying hard, with my voice that sounded so not familiar. I covered my face, crumbled down to the floor, leaning against the piano, and cried. I cried because my parents aren't around anymore. I cried because my father left us. I cried because my mother is in jail. I cried because it's my fault. I cried because i'm so worthless. I cried because of the studio. I cried because i was tired of everything. I cried because i had no one. I cried because they used to love each other, but everything was destroyed in that split moment.

I began to sing.

"If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song,
Uh oh, Uh oh

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors
Oh, and, life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life
Oh well, I've had just enough time."

The tears began to dry, leaving streaks of weird and hard feeling on my face. I slowly closed the lid of the piano and left with my bag. I walked down the stairs, carefully. Did i close the windows just now? I hope i did, wouldn't want birds to fly in or rain to enter and flood the studio.

I stopped in my tracks as i met the eyes of someone i don't feel like entertaining.

"Well, hey girl. Do you have some money?"

I ignored him and continue walking. However, the man seems not to get the idea.

"Please, just give me money."

It was a druggie, probably haven't had his time for awhile because he is shivering and sniffing, his face was paler than mine.

I continued walking but that's when he decided to use violence to get money. He raised his hands, about to hit me as i cringed and shielded my face with my bag. I hate this, it reminds me how my mother used to beat me up. I cried, because terribly scarred by the images flooding out, not because of the druggie. But someone stepped in and stopped him.

"How much do you want?"

"300 bucks."

"Here you go and never show your face, ever again."

"I won't, thank you."

With that stack of money, the druggie left. I felt someone shaking my shoulders.

"Are you okay?"

I quickly wiped off the tears and look at my saviour.

Shit.

I stared at him with my mouth agape.

(What are you doing here?)

"I was walking by."

(Thanks for just now.)

"No big deal."

With that, i nodded and left.

But Ethan King doesn't give up.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded my head, still walking forward, not bothering to turn back and be kind.

"Why did you cry?"

I ignored that.

"He was just a druggie, give him some money wouldn't you?"

But the truth is, i had no money with me. Well, only 10 bucks.

I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"But he wasn't that scary to an extent that you have to cry."

I quickened my steps, not wanting to be bombarded by the unwanted questions.

He quicken his steps and pulled me back by grabbing my fore arm.

I glared at him. He was obstructing my way.

(What do you want?)

"Did he hurt you?"

(No.)

"Then did anyone hurt you before? To an extent that you actually had that reflex?"

I was shocked. I kept quiet. I didn't even shuffle my feet. I stood there dumbfounded, staring onto the ground, speechless.

He held my chin and forced me to look at him in the eyes.

"Tell me, honestly."

I forcefully escape his touch and glared hard at him.

(Why does that matter to you uh?)

Without hearing his response, i walked away.

He said nothing, and continued following me.

When i reached the doorsteps, he called out to me.

"I don't know why you won't speak, but your voice is beautiful."

With that he winked at me by the time i turned to face him.

Before my mind could register what he just said, he closed the door.

Shit, deep shit, holy shit, damn shit.

He heard me sing.

Oh man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257 0 17
Belle has changed herself for the guy she loves, but will this break her? or will this change her even more into a person she never wanted to be?
2M 63.2K 43
Terribly shy Nerdy Quiet But full of secrets Yeah that's me, Melissa King Silent Smart Badass With nothing to hide That's him, Zach Matthews As you c...
87.2K 2.9K 25
Tally is mute. Now she's been put in North View High where a boy is out to destroy her. Then to make things worse it's her brother's enemy and he'd...
436K 9.5K 60
[ COMPLETED ] "You're sassy for a mute girl" Amnesia Lewis is your normal teenage girl, she's as normal as it gets. Apart from one thing.. She's mu...