the dead ones aren't resting...

By theairisunclean

"but you should listen, angels and demons can't love each other. they are meant to kill the other, and you sh... More

update
zero
one
two
three
five
six
seven
some things
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
update
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
epilogue

four

573 35 6
By theairisunclean

Michael went back to the haunted house after his conversation with the blue-eyed boy.  He kept wondering about him. Why was he so interested in his story? What was he even? He couldn't be an angel, he missed the white hair and eyes. But what was he then? Someone told him about his origins. Could he be one of God's servant? Michael hadn't learned about other creatures that serve God, besides angels. But he had this feeling around him, that seemed out of this world. And the boy threatened to kill him, which would only be possible by an angel's blade. Could he be different, just like Michael? Could that explain why he was so interested in what Michael was?

He went back outside when it got dark, and sat in the same tree as the night before. Tomorrow would be his last day on Earth, and he dreaded leaving. He felt great being able to walk around, without hate getting thrown his way by everyone. But he was worried about the maybe-angel-boy. What if he came looking for him tomorrow? Would he ask stupid questions to get on Michael's nerves again? Or did he plan to kill him, like he said he would? He hoped the boy would forget about him. His anxiety made him exhausted, and soon after Michael fell into a restless slumber.

☆ミ ☆彡

He woke up from a bright light. He opened his eyes, but closed them immediatly after. The sunlight was hurting his eyes, so he used his hand to shield them and looked around. There was, for what he could see, no one around, so it felt safe to go back down. He got himself down, but the moment he stepped on the leave-covered ground, he heard a voice behind him.

"Hey, someone's awake." Michael jumped and turned around, seeing the boy standing there. He tried to back away, but he bumped against the tree. Fuck, I'm cornered. 

"What do you want?" Michael asked the boy. He tried to make it sound confident, but instead it came out as a shaky mumble. 

"Can't I come and visit you, Michael?" the boy replied, cocking one eyebrow up. Michael averted his eyes, visibly uncomfortable. He hated himself for thinking that the boy was attractive. He frowned, still staring at the ground beneath the boy's feet.

"No, you can't."

"And why not?"

"Well, you know just.. because?" He didn't know what to say, and wanted to get away. Even though he found the boy attractive, he felt threatened by him. "Besides, you haven't even told me your name."

"I haven't? How rude of me. The name's Luke," the boy replied with a sassy tone. Bastard Michael thought to himself. If Luke wanted to play this game, he could be sassy too. He looked up again and put a grin on his face. 

"Well, Luke, I kindly ask you to fuck off." This gained a chuckle from Luke.

"Damn, demon boy got a big mouth." Michael shook his head, looking away again. Clearly, the boy didn't get his message.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? I just want some time alone, before I have to leave. You're being really annoying, so please, just go away." He knew getting angry won't solve anything, but he had a hard time staying calm. 

"When are you going back?" Luke asked. No way I'm telling him that.

"None of your business." Luke hummed to himself, as if in thought.

"Then I'm not leaving you."

"Okay, I give up. I'll be honest, if you tell me something about yourself," Michael offered. He didn't want to do this, but he was curious about Luke and knew that this way, he could also get rid of him. 

"You start," Luke said. Michael sighed and sat down on the ground, against the tree. Luke walked over and sat down in front of him, with his legs crossed. 

"Great, what do you want to know?" Luke said nothing for a second, thinking his question through.

"I want to know everything. From how you were created, to your favourite colour, to why you are different. I don't care what it is, just tell me." Michael hesitated. He didn't feel comfortable talking about himself, he's never done so before. He already regret offering this. 

"Uhh, well, as you know my name is Michael. I have been created out of the fires of death, by the Devil himself. That's why I'm his son. From the start, I knew there was something different about me. I tried to keep it hidden, but after a few incidents the others found out, and they told my father. He has hated me ever since, saying that I'm a failure and that he should get rid of me. He thinks that my emotions are disgusting. When he found out, I begged him to take me back to where I came from. But he had other ideas. He thinks it's my fault, that I am this way, so he wants me to suffer. He's keeping me alive, as a way of torture. I can't do anything about it." Luke nodded along, a flash of sympathy in his eyes, and encouraged me to go on. I wasn't sure if I wanted, but it felt good to let it all out. 

"When I started training, I knew that this wasn't what I wanted to do. At first, I was good at it. But then I found out about that I had to mark humans, and I stopped trying. After a couple months of failing my training, getting beaten op by my brothers and several breakdowns, they all gave up on me. They agreed to let me go to the realm of the living, but to hide away until we had to go back. It's been like this for a few years. I've never been in contact with anybody, and if they found out about you, they'll punish me for it." Michael didn't know what to do next. He tried to avoid eye contact, instead he looked at a weirdly-shaped tree on his right. 

He felt a hand on his knee, and looked back at Luke. "Thank you for telling me. I get that it's hard to open up, and I'm sorry you have to go through this." Michael felt tears welling up in his eyes, overwhelmed by everything. He tried to pull the attention away from him.

"Now it's your turn." Luke nodded, and sat up straight.

"Alright, I'm Luke. I'm an angel, though it's hard to recognise me, because I look so normal. I guess I'm different, unique, like you." He took his hand of Michael's knee, and rubbed his temple. "I died 5 years ago, and ever since then I've been training to become a hunter. The others are either scared of, or freaked out by me. You see, I can remember my life before I died. No other angel can do that. The others don't talk to me, and I try to stay away from them, as well." Michael was quite shocked by this. He realised that Luke was just like him, different and not accepted by the others. He was also amazed by the fact that Luke could remember his life as a human. He wondered if it would be rude to ask him, but decided to go for it anyway.

"What was life like, as a human?" Luke looked a bit startled, he probably didn't expect Michael to be interested. 

"It was good. I had a loving family, nice friends and a sweet boyfriend. My life was perfect. I always assumed that I would die from old age, but that turned out to be false." Michael noticed that Luke's face fell. He seemed upset, so Michael put his hand on Luke's arm, to comfort him. Luke looked at him, clearly confused by the gesture. Michael pulled his hand away, but Luke looked kind of hurt.

"How did you, you know, uhm.." Michael trailed off. He knew it was a personal question, and wasn't even sure why he asked that. 

"I would rather not tell," Luke replied, his voice barely a whisper. Michael nodded, and an awkward silence fell over them. After a few moments, Luke got up.

"I better get going, I promised to meet someone. Can I come see you later?"

"You can't. I'm leaving today." Luke nervously played with the bottom of his shirt.

"Oh, well okay. It was nice meeting you, Michael." And with that, he walked away. Michael didn't know what to say back. He got up as well and flew to the top of the tree, waiting there until dark. 

☆ミ ☆彡

By the time it was midnight, Michael's brothers hadn't come to pick him up. He got scared, afraid that they had left him behind as a punishment. Maybe they had found out about Luke? He didn't know how to survive on Earth for longer than three days.

"Michael, what are you still doing here?" he heard a voice below him yell. He looked down, and saw Luke standing there. Michael started making his way back down, wondering why Luke came back. The last branch of the tree broke when he stepped on it, which made him tumble down, right on top of Luke. He pushed himself off, profusely apologizing. 

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I'm very clumsy," he rambled on. He looked over to Luke, worried because he wasn't saying anything, but the boy was just smirking. He felt embarrassed, and Luke wasn't making it any better.

"Chill, it didn't hurt. Stop worrying about it," Luke said as he stood up. He held out his hand, and Michael took it. Luke pushed him up. He muttered out a 'thanks'.

"Anyway, as I was asking, what are you still doing here? Weren't you suppose to leave tonight?"

"My brothers didn't come. I don't understand why not, and I have no idea what to do. This has never happened before." 

"Don't worry, I'll help you out. Do you want to stay at my motel room for tonight? Maybe they'll come pick you up tomorrow?" Luke offered. Michael thought about it for a second. He didn't think staying with Luke would be bad, but he wasn't sure what his brothers would do if they found out. But since they hadn't come, Michael figured one night wouldn't hurt. He smiled at Luke.

"Yeah, I would like that. Thank you." Luke slung an arm around his shoulder and smiled back.

"No problem, man."

Michael ignored the voice in the back of his head, that wondered why Luke would be so nice to him. He finally didn't feel so alone anymore.

◑◐◑

this one is a shorty, sorry about that.

thanks for reading!

- Li

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 505 20
Michael will never have Luke when he already has Ashton, and if the only way Calum can have Michael is through one night stands then he'll take it un...
86.1K 3.5K 22
Michael's fully aware of the fact that what he's doing is wrong, but Luke's beckoning him closer with crooked fingers and an easy smirk and Michael's...
270K 11.2K 27
I hate him. Everything about him is perfect. His hair, His eyes, His voice. He's everything i've ever wanted. But in the end i'll always end up broke...
76.4K 5.2K 30
in which luke is a cry baby and michael makes fun of him.