Shy At First [peter parker...

By _otakhoe_

shyness. anxiety. new place. new people. let's see how this goes. More

Aurthor Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
~Epilogue~
*SEQUEL*

Chapter 7

14.2K 386 865
By _otakhoe_

{a/n day two of revisions. also a fly just flew up my nose and it felt weird.}
- Aug.16.2019

"Love is so hard to find when someone is on your mind"

Peter's POV:

I look at the clock.

Ten minutes until lunch.

Ten minutes before I get to tell Ned all about (y/n)

That's  just five minutes twice.

Two minutes five times. Just gotta sit here for ten minutes Peter.

I start to fidget with my pencil and bounce my leg up and down.

I look up at the clock, after what feels like an eternity.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! ITS ONLY BEEN TWO MINTUES!

Dang why can't my sleep feel this long.

When I sleep it feels like 3 seconds and then I'm awake.

So I sit there, staring at the wall, until finally the bell rang.

About time, dang.

I meet up with Ned and sit down where we always sit.

When we take our seats, guess who comes walking past us.

Flash. Eugene. My fAvoRiTe person in the WHOLE world.

"Sup dickwad." Flash says.

I just look at him and then back at my food.

Ned has his head down.

"Well look here...looks like you have something on your shirt, Par-ker."

Next thing you know mashed potatoes are flung onto my shirt.

Great.

Ned speaks up.

"Flash just leave him and us alone, won't you."

Flash rolls his eyes and walks away.

"You can't keep letting Flash do you like that. I mean....." He looks around. "You're THE Spider-Man." Ned whispers.

"Yes. I know that Ned, but if all of a sudden I'm all strong and not my usual self, people are going to know something's up." I explain.

"Whatever. I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret." Ned says while popping a chip in his mouth.

"Oh, we both already know that." I laugh.

"So....L12?" Ned asks.

"Oh yeah!"I say getting excited to tell him about code L12 aka (y/n).

"So I don't really know much about her. All I know is that she is really shy, lives on my floor, and has the prettiest (e/c) eyes ever."

"Wait. So you're telling me you have known her for a day and you're already so, what's the word..."

He looks at Peter and fans his face a bats his eyes and acts as if he's melting.

(a/n if you've ever seen Beauty and the Beast, it's like what those girls did when they saw Gaston.)

"Oh shut up." I say laughing

"So, how does she act."

I pause and think.

Well taking I had to start literally every mini convo....

"More shy." I reply.

"Than you?" Ned asks knowing I'm not really the type of person to start conversations.

"Yup." I say opening a bag of chips.

"Does she go here?" Ned asks.

"I don't know I haven't seen her y- wait..."

I look over and see (y/n) walking with some girl.

"Wait what?" Ned asks elbowing me

It takes me a moment to realize that he's trying to get my attention

"That's her." I reply.

"Which one? There are many girls at this school Peter."

"Look at the lunch line. Now look at the girl two girls standing and talking close to the registers."

"okay, I see them." Ned says looking like he's analyzing a crime scene.

"The one on the left."

Ned looks at me and then back at (y/n).

"Ohhh!!!!"

"You should invite her over!!" Ned says.

"Oh, no no no no no." I say making the no motion with my hands.

"Aw why not!" Ned says slumping down in the seat.

"Because I barely know her!" My voice becomes really high.

"AND?! This could be the perfect opportunity for you to get to know each other." Ned exclaims.

"No. No. I mean, it's just going to be awkward and weird, then I'm going to have to see her back at the apartment, no."

"uGh, whatever Peter." Ned says slumping down in his seat.

"But I don't care what you say. Tomorrow she's gonna be invited to sit with us."

"Okay." I say nodding.

L12's POV:

I walk into the lunch room with Kenzie.

It's so much more busy and full than the one at my school. Well, old school.

We walk through the line and get food.

I scan the room for a place to sit. I look at Kenzie hoping she has a place where we can sit.

"Don't worry girl, I got you." she says making a motion with her head to follow her.

I follow her, letting my eyes scan each table as I'm going by.

Jocks.

Rich kids.

Cheerleaders.

Popular kids.

Book club.

Weird kids.

We come to a stop and sit down.

My eyes end up catching a glimpse of someone.

"Peter." I whisper to myself.

Kenzie looks at me and then follows my eyes to where I'm looking.

"Parker? Oh yeah! The one next to him is Ned. I think they're like besties or something." She says while taking a bite of her food.

She looks at me strangely.

"Wait...how do you know him isn't it your first day?"

"He's my neighbor in my new apartment." I pause. "He helped me move in and all that fun stuff....but he probably doesn't even remember my name." I laugh to myself.

"I kinda made it REALLY awkward between us, cause I'm really shy and when I'm around really cute guys I become even more shy and I feel really bad because he kept trying to talk to me and I was just-" i stop talking realizing i'm talking WAY too fast and WAY too much.

"Sorry." I mumble while looking down.

"Oh don't worry hun, it's about time you started talking. It feels like I've been the one talking this whole time." Kenzie laughs.

"So...you think he's cute?" Kenzie asks while taking a quick look at him.

I start to blush.

"I mean...sorta, I guess." I say softly.

"THEN LETS GO JOIN THEM!!! I mean it looks like it's only the two of them, I mean what's the harm with two more people."

I look at her with my eyes wide open. I start shaking my head repeatedly.

"Oh, no no no no no. That is NOT a good idea." I say while nervously laughing.

"Oh why not! I mean, like you said, you've already met him."

"Yeah! And it was awkward as heck."

"Then LETS go make it unawkward." She says while pointing her thumbs in his direction.

"No. No, I can't. I will DIE."

"You won't DIE."

I just give her the "bet" look.

"Fine. But tomorrow, we are. I don't care what you say."

"Okay...okay." I say nodding my head.

Okay (y/n) you're just gonna have to toughen up and talk to him after school today....you got this.

The bell dismissing lunch rang. I grabbed my bag and started walking with Kenzie.

Turns out we have all but one class together. Ironic right.

Lucky for me, the class we don't have together, Algebra 2, has already passed.

So now we were on our way to art.

As I'm walking in the hallways, I see Peter and immediately look away and scan the wall.

Thank the LORD Kenzie didn't see him or else I would have probably died.

We walk into art and sit down.

We sit through literally nothing.

We do that again with Spanish and then the final bell rings dismissing us.

Kenzie drives herself every morning so she starts to head to her car.

"Do you want me to give you a ride or do you got it?" She asks.

"I think I got it, and plus I live on the other side of the city, I wouldn't want you to go ALL the way there then ALL the way back." I laugh.

"Okay, whatever floats your boat." She shrugs.

"See you tomorrow!" She waves.

"Bye!" I wave and head to the first place my dad told me to go.

Well technically the last but whatever.

I get on two separate subways and make my way home.

I wonder why Peter isn't on any of these trains? Maybe May picks him up or something. Or maybe he has an after school job?

(a/n in fact he does ;))
_
_
_
_
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!

sorry if it's a little too long, but i just wanted to fit the first school day in this one haha

does anyone have an idea why i made the code be L12? i want to see if you guys have a guess. it's pretty stupid but OH WELL😂😂

well, have a GREAT day loves ♥️

(word count 1428)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 0 10
Writers note; Hey, this is my first story so be nice. It don't be perfect but I'm working on it. This is a y/n and Peter Parker story in which there...
40.1K 1.5K 22
·˚ ༘ ┊͙[lucky list] ! ˊˎ no one remembered him but her. post no way home au ! spoilers ahead ! peter parker [tom] x fem.oc unedite...
1.2K 82 24
After infinity war, Peter comes home to a world of heartbreak and has to deal with the casualties.
48.3K 1.5K 24
*SEQUEL TO 'SHY AT FIRST'* The gang is graduated, well, graduating. Another year, more shocking events and conclusions. With college, new things hap...