The Difference Between Us •Na...

By potatoejung_

Never did Naruto think that a run would change his life so much. - More

♥note
♥01
♥03
♥04
♥05
♥06
♥07
♥08
♥09
♥10
♥11
♥12
♥13
♥14
♥15
♥️16
♥17
♥18
♥19
♥20

♥02

3.1K 117 116
By potatoejung_

☁️⛅🌤️

The board at the front of the lecture hall began to blur. Then it blurred a little more... then it went completely black.

Then Naruto smacked his forehead on the table where he was sitting. The students around him giggled while he inhaled sharply and sat back up, wiping drool from his chin.

"Mr. Uzumaki, am I boring you?" The professor called.

Naruto immediately woke up when noticed everyone's eyes were on him and he quickly shook his head. "No, Iruka sensei."

A little over a week had passed since the encounter with the girl. He walked the trail nearly every night trying to find her, his curiosity getting the best of him. Anywhere that he'd look, he saw her.

The class continued for the last fifteen minutes until the lecture was over. He yawned and began to stuff his things back into his backpack.

"Late night?" A girl next to him asked. Naruto looked up at her and did a double take.

She had pale skin and that dark midnight coloured hair. He couldn't see her eyes behind the glare of her glasses lenses but he believed— knew it was her.

"Y-you!" He stood up, nearly knocking her in the head. "It's you, isn't it?!"

She took a step back and clutched her literature books closely to her chest. "W-what?"

"You're the girl I saw in woods! It's—"

Her thick, gold rimmed glasses slid down the bridge of her narrow nose and her eyes were visible. They weren't the pale lilac he remembered but a vibrant green. That's when he noticed her hair was actually black and not the blue-purple shade.

The blonde pulled his hand back from her shoulder. "I-I'm sorry—"

"Uzumaki!" A voice snapped and pulled his sleeve, away from the girl. "Suzue, I'm sorry. He's just sleep deprived."

The girl nodded at Shikamaru then quickly walked out of the lecture hall. The brunet turned his attention back to Naruto who was just standing there.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"She looked like that girl!" He tried to defend himself. "Like-like—"

"The girl you saw at the park, I know." Shikamaru sighed and rubbed his temples. "Naruto, you gotta let that go. You've been going to the park every night and staying there since who knows when."

The blond shook his head and ran his hand down his face. "I don't know why either. I just want to see her again."

"You sound crazy, Naruto."

Naruto didn't know why he wanted to see the girl again. She was odd and even a little rude but there was something about her. Something so alluring.

Shikamaru groaned. "Just don't go tonight. Every Tuesday or some shit, don't go."

"But what if—"

"I don't want to hear it. Go home, you don't have any other classes today." Shikamaru said, his voice sharp.

They had always been like this, Shikamaru trying to care for him. He was always a trouble maker and Shikamaru was there to keep him in check, since primary school.

There was no reason to keep fighting so Naruto could only shrug and agree.

☁️⛅🌤️

Aforementioned, Naruto wasn't all that smart... So he didn't exactly listen to Shikamaru. He took a detour to the park before heading back to the dorm to get the sleep he deserved.

It was the middle of the afternoon so there were a few families and teenagers there. He wandered down the same trail and tried to remember where he entered the woods.

Since that night, all the trees looked the same and he couldn't remember the way back to that pond. But today there was that familiar hum. The trees didn't look familiar but he let his legs lead him.

He was more aware so he kept his guard up as he entered the forest. It was quiet, so quiet except for the hum. There was no little animals or insect noises as there would be.

Naruto was so confused when he found himself in the same clearing. It seemed as if things had changed in the clearing. Almost as if things had been misplaced, like the little pond and shrubbery had been moved around like furniture.

"Hello!" A sudden voice called and Naruto let out the same emasculating shriek as he did before.

As soon as he turned, his eyesight became unfocused and he began to panic. The blue eyed boy could see a girl's silhouette coming towards him but since he was now limited to only four senses, he decided that her approach couldn't be trusted. Naruto stumbled back but tripped and fell straight on his ass.

"S-stay back!" He held up his fists towards the blurry girl. She let out what sounded like a giggle but then her blurry figure was suddenly gone.

He could see again.

Naruto blinked a few times to readjust himself to his surroundings, immediately standing back up. "Where are you? I know you're here!"

"Well of course I am," her voice was crystal clear but he couldn't see her, as if she was mocking him. "I summoned you."

"Summoned... Me?"

There was a splashing sound and Naruto quickly turned to face the pond to see her waving her hand around in it. "Yes." Her attire was the same, her flowy white dress and long loose hair.

"Uhm.. not to be rude but—"

"First and foremost!" She interjected and stood up quickly. Her eyes were wide and eyebrows raised. "I apologize for our last encounter, I was the rude one. Though, I believe you are the person I am looking for."

Naruto was very confused. Shikamaru's voice was echoing in his head to leave and just forget about this whole ordeal. "What do you mean?"

The girl clapped and her lips curled into a somewhat cute grin. "I summoned the most powerful human creature and you have appeared both times! It is a sign, N..Nar... What is your alias?"

"Naruto, Uzumaki Naruto."

She dark haired girl made a puzzled expression but then nodded. "Okay, Naruto Uzumaki Naruto, it is a sign!" He didn't bother to correct her. "You must help me!"

The blond debated on just running away and pinching himself to see if he was dreaming. He pinched himself. Didn't work.

"Uh..." He tried to think of what to say. "I'll have to get back to you on that."

He then turned around and proceeded to bolt out of the woods. Which way? Naruto didn't really know. Light posts came into view and he let out a breath of relief. Once he took in his surroundings, Naruto realized he had somehow ended up on the other side of the park. He was now looking at the opposite side of the playground and could see exactly where he had entered the woods.

"What the—"

"Naruto Uzumaki Naruto!" The girls voice cried as she slowly caught up to him. "Why have you run so far?"

"Look," he reached out to put a hand on her shoulder but then stopped himself, remembering the hissing sound she made when he grabbed her wrist. "I don't know who you are and what you want from me but I don't want anything to do with it."

The girl looked at him curiously, as if she didn't understand his words. It appeared as if she was examining him, looking over every little flaw on his skin.

"I need your help, Naruto Uzumaki Naruto." She repeats, a bit softer. "You must help me."

There's something that pulls at his emotions and he hates it. Hates that this girl is getting under his skin. Hates that he's actually considering helping her.

He looks around as if trying to come up with an excuse but his mind completely blank, which is so unlike him. Naruto notices her yearning eyes and let's out a sigh of defeat.

"You need to tell me your name first."

She looks a bit taken aback by his words but then realization hits her. The girl looks around cautiously, suddenly scared, but motions for Naruto to lean down so she could whisper.

Her lips pressed a little too close to his ear and she clumsily leaned against him. Naruto's cheeks dusted a faint pink at how close she suddenly was.

"Hinata."

i feel like this is boring but just give me time ,,,,,
also things will progress rather quickly(?) in this story but there will still be plenty of plot uwu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 1.6K 18
-Completed- Started: February 20, 2020 Finished: May 20, 2020 The forth great ninja war has ended, leaving countless deaths and injuries, both to shi...
100K 4.2K 30
In a shocking event where young Sakura Haruno dies at an early age, A soul whom has wondered the vast alternate realities claims this empty shell. Th...
4.2K 157 10
❝𝗠𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂.❞ ⤷ After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...
17.9K 486 15
Sasuke Uchiha left on his journey but eventually his heart would bring him back home. He can't stay long but ends up leaving more behind than he plan...