Allies & Enemies // Spider-Ma...

By sunsets_and_quills

❝Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.❞ After the events of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter Parker... More

𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 & 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕤
ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
one {Peter's POV}
two {Peter's POV}
three {Arya's POV}
four {Peter's POV}
five {Peter's POV}
six {Arya's POV}
seven {Arya's POV}
eight {Peter's POV}
nine {Arya's POV}
ten {Peter's POV}
eleven {Arya's POV}
twelve {Arya's POV}
thirteen {Arya's POV}
fourteen {Peter's POV}
fifteen {Peter's POV}
sixteen {Arya's POV}
eighteen {Peter's POV}
nineteen {Arya's POV}
twenty {Peter's POV}
twenty-one {Arya's POV}
twenty-two {Arya's POV}
twenty-three {Peter's POV}
twenty-four {Arya's POV}
twenty-five {Arya's POV}
twenty-six {Arya's POV}
twenty-seven {Peter's POV}
twenty-eight {Arya's POV}
twenty-nine{Arya's POV}
thirty {Arya's POV}
thirty-one {Arya's POV}
thirty-two {Peter's POV}
thirty-three {Arya's POV}
thirty-four {Arya's POV}
thirty-five {Arya's POV}
thirty-six {Peter's POV}
thirty-seven {Arya's POV}
thirty-eight {Arya's POV}
Book 3!

seventeen {Arya's POV}

2.2K 82 1
By sunsets_and_quills

I shot up in my bed, letting out a loud gasp. My drenched shirt stuck to my skin, my legs were trapped in the sheets and my pillow was on the other side of the room.

I sat with my head in my hands for what felt like hours until my breathing and heartbeat were back to normal. I brushed a hand through my tangled hair before I got out of bed. I picked up the pillow from the floor and threw it back onto my bed. I lay back down, folding my hands over my stomach as I stared at the ceiling. I tried to eliminate the horrible images from my brain.

I twisted and turned in the sheets for the next hour, but after realising I wasn't going to fall back asleep, I sat up against the headboard and snapped on my bedside light. My hand hovered over my phone and I considered calling Peter. I shook my head before turning off the light again. I curled up in the sheets but they were cold and I groaned frustratedly. 

I sat up, turned on the light again and reached out to my phone. With shaking hands, I dialled Peter's number. Even though it was the middle of the night, I knew he'd pick up.

"Hello?" his sleepy voice said through the phone.

"Hey," I said quietly, my voice cracking and faltering.

"Arya? What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare and I can't sleep anymore."

"Want me to come over?" he asked.

"Come over? No, that's okay. I just wanted to hear your voice," I said, fumbling with my bedsheet. I pulled my knees up to my chest as goosebumps covered my skin. 

"I can come over, I don't mind. It's weekend after all," Peter said.

I sighed. "Only if it's really no problem, Pete." I smiled softly and felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'll be right over. Unlock your window," he said.

"Will do. See you in a bit."

"See you." He ended the call and I immediately made sure the lock on my window was open. Not even five minutes later, I heard a knock on the glass and I opened the curtains. Right outside my window, Spider-Man hung upside down.

I giggled and opened up the window. "What brings you here at this hour, Spider-Man?" I asked, leaning on the window frame. The cold breeze from outside stung my lungs but it also cooled my sweaty skin.

"The usual. Saving people in need," he said and I could hear the grin in his voice. "Can I come in? It's freezing," he said and I stepped aside. I closed the window after him and instantly missed the cool breeze.

Peter pulled off his mask and ran a hand through his brown hair. In the meantime, I fished a set of clothes for him from my closet. He changed from his red spandex into a hoodie and sweatpants.

"So, what do you want to do?" he asked with a giddy smile.

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you said you couldn't sleep, so I figured we could do something else," he answered. "We could play a game if you're up for it?"

I nodded. "Sure. Why not?"

Half an hour later, Peter and I were both hellbent on winning the game of Monopoly we had started. "Pacific Avenue! That one's mine! Pay up, Parker!" I exclaimed excitedly and with a sulky expression, Peter handed over the money. I giddily sorted the money before taking the dice. With full focus, I watched as they rolled over the board. "Six," I muttered as I took my pawn. I had picked the dog and Peter had opted for the thimble. I moved six places on the board and slowly put down my dog, realising that the spot I had ended up on belonged to my boyfriend. 

"And that one's mine. Thank you very much," he beamed as I reluctantly handed him the sum of money.

"I hate you," I grumbled, throwing the dice at him. Thanks to his Spider-Sense, he caught them in time before they hit him in the face.

Right before he could roll the dice, my door opened and in came my father in his pyjamas. "Ary-What the hell? Peter, what are you doing here? Monopoly?" he rambled, motioning to the things he mentioned.

"Tony! Did we wake you up?" I asked carefully.

Tony remained silent for a few seconds before he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Explain, please," he stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well," I started, sitting down cross-legged. "I woke up from a nightmare. I couldn't sleep anymore so I called Peter. He offered to come over and since we both didn't want to go back to sleep, we decided to play a game. Sorry we woke you up," I explained as I awaited his reaction.

He sighed deeply. "You're lucky Pepper's out of town. She would've kicked you both out," he said. "Please just go to bed. Pete, there's a mattress under the bed," he said. "Goodnight." The door was shut and silence fell.

"Are we still gonna finish the game?" I whispered to Peter.

"Of course, we are. I'm so close to beating you," he said, grabbing the dice again.

"In your dreams, Spidey," I challengingly said and he tossed the dice.

***

I stared down in horror as I watched the water splash over the side of the pool. Peter was already in the water, waiting for me to get in as well. My body was shaking violently and I could barely move. "I-I can't...I can't do th-this," I rambled, wrapping my arms around myself and stepping away from the pool. 

I pressed my fingernails into my palms until my fists shook. I was frozen in place and I couldn't see or hear anything. My ears were rushing and black spots danced in front of my eyes. I vaguely heard Peter calling my name but I couldn't respond, my mouth was as dry as the Saharan Desert and it was as if someone had their hand wrapped around my throat. 

I felt two hands on my arms and I flinched at the sudden touch, but relaxed as I realised was Peter. "You're okay. I'm here," he told me in a hushed voice. "You don't have to do this. We can try another time." 

I nodded. "I don't wanna do this," I choked. Tears were streaming down my face and I had trouble breathing. He wrapped a towel around my shoulder and I realised only now how cold I actually was. 

"You don't have to. Let's get back inside. We'll try some other time," Peter said to me and I shook my head. 

"I don't want to try again," I said. 

"That's fine too. You're shaking like crazy, come on." He took me back into the compound, the pool nothing but a still terror behind me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 583 16
[COMPLETE] This is a Peter Parker x reader that takes place during the same time line as Homecoming, but is not a Homecoming rewrite. You are also To...
11.9K 330 16
After the Accords, Y/n is navigating her new life without her sister, Wanda. Mr. Stark has asked her to train with her fellow classmate, and spider-m...
9.9K 242 26
You are 15 years old You live in Queens You have recently moved schools and now go to midtown school of science to be closer to your uncle You liv...
291K 7.3K 31
❝Lightning makes no sound until it strikes.❞ After going to Germany with Tony Stark, Peter Parker wanted nothing more than to prove himself to the wo...