Payback Hurts (Book ONE) ✔️

By NonnieBonnie97

(BONUS BOOK 2 CHAPTERS INSIDE) (Cover created by Beauriivers) Cassie has always been a "big girl" all her lif... More

Copyright
Payback Hurts- Chapter 1: Two years later...
Payback Hurts- Chapter 2: Pleasant Surprise
Payback Hurts- Chapter 3: Never Wanting to Return
Payback Hurts- Chapter 4: Two Crying Wolves
Payback Hurts- Chapter 5: Hurting Hurts
Payback Hurts- Chapter 6: Confession
Payback Hurts- Chapter 7: Sorry Is Never Enough (Dylan's POV)
Payback Hurts- Chapter 8: I Will Always Love You
Payback Hurts- Chapter 9: Life Changing Choices
Payback Hurts- Authors Note: PLEASE READ
Payback Hurts- Chapter 11: I've missed you...
Payback Hurts- Chapter 12: You Are My Friend, Right?
Payback Hurts- Chapter 13: Just Throw it Away
Payback Hurts- Chapter 14: Love In War [Part 1]
Payback Hurts- Chapter 15: Love In War [Part 2]
Payback Hurts- Chapter 16: Worth Fighting For (Victor's POV)
Payback Hurts- Chapter 17: Lost Souls
Payback Hurts- Chapter 18: Was I Worth It?
Payback Hurts- Chapter 19: Life Goes On...
Payback Hurts- Chapter 20: More Than You'll Ever Know
Payback Hurts- Author's Confessions
Epilogue
Pain Is The Game (Book 2)- Synopsis
Pain Is The Game: Prologue
Pain Is The Game: Chapter 1- I Thought You Forgot Me (Victor's POV)
Pain Is The Game: Chapter 2- It Shouldn't Be Too Hard
Pain Is The Game: Chapter 3 - All I Want Is Freedom (Dylan's POV)
Pain Is The Game: Chapter 4 - It's Just A Party
Pain Is The Game - Chapter 5 - You'd Be Dead If Not For My Dad... (Dylan's POV)

Prologue

28.2K 796 153
By NonnieBonnie97

*Edited Chapter, not revised*

Got free time? Check out my new story, The Alpha's Heir! 

Enjoy :) *****************************************************************************************************

I looked at myself in my body length mirror. Looking at myself now I wanted to throw up. My body was ugly especially in this dress I was wearing. It was a strapless blue dress with purple flowers on it. Don't get me wrong, the dress is beautiful. Just not on me. I was a "Big Girl" my mom would say. Healthy. There was nothing healthy about me! The truth was I was fat.

My cousin, Chris, would say horrible things to me like; "You have more rolls than a Thanksgiving dinner" and "You have more chins than a Chinese phone book" Yeah, like that one was new! Usually, on regular days, I wouldn't wear anything like this, but today's a special day. It's my sixteenth birthday. The day all girls and guys were waiting for. Why? What's so essential about turning sixteen? Well, there's a lot of reasons actually, but in my case, it's the day I finally get to shift into my wolf. Not only that, I can finally look for my mate! But what man would want me? I'm fat. No one could bear the sight of me, my family barely could. The only person that cared about me in some way was my BFFL, Je'anna.

Je'Anna has been my best friend since the first grade, and she's stuck by my side since. She's the only one that gives me the courage to even get out of the house. I love her, she's incredible. She was also the crazy little bitch that got me this dress! I'm going to slap her so hard when I see her, she going to wish she never met me. She even made sure that we had the same dress on today. How do I know that? We share the same birthday. So I know she got us matching dresses.

I looked back at the mirror. Hating myself, my hair was cut super short, almost like a boys haircut. It only made my appearance look worst, my fat round face not doing any justice. I let a tear fall, biting my lip to give it some color.

"Cassandra Cheyenne Jefferson! Get your ass down here before your late for school!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"OK! I'm coming!" I yelled back. I grabbed my purple heels and put them on, grabbing my bag and keys. I rushed out of the room, going downstairs I went into the kitchen first. I grabbed my favorite cereal. Captain Crunch. Yummy!

"Don't you think you should skip breakfast?" My brother said. My brother, Oscar, was the future Beta of the pack. Giving that my dad is the current one and he's best friends with the Alpha's son, Dylan, who will be the future Alpha soon. Oscar and I looked nothing alike, and that was something he was proud of. His hair was blond, and mines were black, we had the same eyes though, light blue. Though, my brother had a thing to always make fun of my weight, just like my cousin. They made it a "thing" too. Whoever said the coolest fat joke about me gets to hang with them. At the moment, Chris was the champion and proud of it.

I looked at the clock, it was 7:55. School starts at 8:10, I honestly didn't care that I would be late. It's not like I wanted to be there anyway. "Don't you think it's time to get a pair?" I snapped.

He glared. "How about you shut up, Fat ass!"

"How about you make me, dick-face!"

"You know what, I'm not going to argue with you. I have school to get to," Oscar grabbed his car keys off the table, walking towards the back door where his car was. "Try not to eat the whole kitchen, other people get hungry too!" He said as he left.

"Yeah, you still ain't got the balls to say it to my face either," I mumbled. I heard him growl, shaking my head, I made me a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. When I was halfway done my mom stormed in the kitchen, grabbing my bowl and threw it in the sink.

"What the-"

"Listen to me, young lady, I told you ten minutes ago to go to school!" She yelled.

"I was just eating breakfast-"

"Shut up and take your ass to school." She said and stormed out. I sighed, getting up I grabbed my keys and shoulder bag and headed outside to my car. My Honda VW. Red, my favorite color. I got in and drove to school in just five minutes, there was no traffic. Thank goodness.

I got out of my car and went to my first class, Pre- Cal. That class was fun! Numbers just make me happy. It was also the class I had with Je'anna. Who was going to kill me for being late? I walked into the class a few minutes later and went straight to my seat next to her. Ignoring her glare and everyone's snickering. Even the teacher was trying to have something smart to say.

"Why are you late?" She growled at me. It seems someone's wolf will be coming soon.

"I was eating breakfast," I answered.

"Figures." Someone behind me mumbled. It was some ugly chick. 

"Excuse me, Ugly ass, who was talking to you?" Je'anna said before I could respond.

"Your mom was!" She yelled.

"I bet she did, I can put money on it that she was the first one to tell you that you're ugly as shit right?"

The girl looked like she was on the verge of tears. She opened her mouth to say something back, but I quickly shut her up.

"Aw! What's wrong, Lil bitch? Cat got your tongue?" I said, looking at her like I felt sorry for her. Which I didn't. She got up and stormed out. "Oh and don't forget to take care of those pimples you got on your face!"

Je'Anna laughed. "That's my girl." The rest of class went by quickly. Then before I knew it, it was lunch. Je'Anna and I sat down at our usual table. We were far from popular kids table, the table she once sat at.

"You know you don't have to sit here with me..." I said.

"Girl, please, I would rather stand then sit there." I smiled. She was such a good friend. I wondered why she even stayed with me this whole time. She was so pretty, beautiful also; With her long red curly hair that reached her waist, beautiful green neon colored eyes and creamy like skin. She was a goddess, and she didn't believe it. She could have anyone here, but she didn't want anyone here. All she wanted was to be my friend.

Then to kill all of my happiness, Jessica came. "Hey, Fat ass." Jessica was Dylan's current girlfriend and the "head" of the school. Uh, she was "head" alright, if you know what I mean.

"Hey, Two-Face," I said just with as much freak sweetness as she used. She glared when Je'anna started laughing. Then quickly put a smile on.

"I was just thinking..."

"Aw shit, the world is coming to an end now." Je'anna laughed even harder. Jessica narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm just going to ask. Why are you wearing heels? Aren't you afraid they're going to break right under you?"

Je'anna stopped laughing, and I was just plain shocked. That was a new one for me. I've never worn heels before and to have someone say that... It made me never want to wear them again. It must've been the looks on our faces that made Jessica and the whole cafeteria roar with laughter.

She turned away, still laughing and went over to the Popular table. I looked that way and saw Dylan, our future Alpha, laughing. I can't believe I have a crush on him. He's just like them! I looked at JeJe and gave her a sad smile, she looked like she wanted to rip someones head off. Then in complete terror, she screamed.

"JeJe, what's wrong?" That made everyone stop and stare.

"Help me!" She screamed again. She was shifting, it was as painful as people say it was. I got up and grabbed her, rushing her out. She screamed again, only this time louder if that was even possible. I ran her to the front of the school.

"Stay with me, Je, you're going to be fine." She shook her head.

"No, it hurts too much!"

"Je'anna! Just let go!" Someone yelled. I looked around and saw Dylan. He was 16 like us, but he shifted months ago. "Don't let the pain hold you back!"

"I can't, it hurts!"

"Let the pain consume you! You're only going to drag the pain out more!" He came to her, cupping her face with his hands. "Just breath and let it happen." She looked him in the eyes and nodded. Taking deep breaths, she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"You're next huh?" She whispered, with a small smile.

"Don't get me started." I laughed, then she fainted. Not after turning into a big beautiful reddish brown wolf.

_______________________________________________________

After Je'Anna shifted, her mom came and got her. Taking her home and leaving me to fight for myself the rest of the day, but finally, the school was over, and I didn't even get to enjoy my birthday. I was on my way to work. Yes, work.

I walked into the diner. Seeing Sam, I said hello.

"Hey, Birthday Girl!" He said with a smile. He was the only person that didn't hurt my feelings aside from Je'anna. Now that I think about it he was the only person that said 'Happy Birthday' to me. I wanted to cry on the spot.

"Thank you, Sam." He was also Dylan's dad, the Alpha, but he didn't want me calling him that. He said he looked at me as a daughter and he didn't want his daughter calling him Alpha. He and Dylan looked alike in so many ways it was scary. They had the same brown eyes and dark hair, but you could tell the difference because of the age difference. "I'll get to work."

"Nope, no work for you today. You can sit down and relax."

I smiled. "Is the only reason why you're doing this is because you didn't get me a birthday present?"

He jaw dropped. "How'd you know?"

"I know now!" We both laughed.

"I know it your birthday, but BoBo took a dump in the back..."

My jaw dropped. "What!? You're the guy you do it!" He raised an eyebrow at me. Alpha Alpha Alpha! He's the Alpha dumbass! Don't talk to him that way! "I'm on it!" I said as I ran to the back. Suddenly a sharp pain took over me was all remembered before everything went black.

__________________________________________________________

"Cassie...? You alright...?" I looked up at Sam. I nodded, what the hell happened?

"Sam, what happened?" Was what I thought I said, but it came out more like a barking sound. Barking sound? I looked down at myself and saw that I was all black. The same color as my hair. I shifted. I got up but was disappointed when I realized how hard it was. I down at myself again. Great! Just fucking great! Even my wolf was fat!

"I'll get some clothes, BRB, girl." He said playfully, making LMAO! Ha! He knows how to be funny. He was back before I could even get a chance to miss him. He threw me a pair of clothes, which I happily took. I went to a bush, having a little trouble. Left paw, right paw. It was pretty hard to walk with four feet instead of two. Sam laughed.

I came from behind the bush with a fresh pair of clothes. Sam came to me a embraced me, "Congrats, Cassie." He was the only one here for me, and that made me cry. He was the only one that showed that he cared in some way. My family and the pack didn't even show me this much.

"Thanks." We both went inside. The whole place was packed. "Full house huh?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but I did get all ten of my workers to get here and work, so you have to do anything." Adding a smile. Then I felt a pull and powerful force that made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I looked around the restaurant, my eyes landing on Dylan. He was looking at me shocked. Shaking his head, he frowned.

"I'm going to get some drink, BRB Birthday Girl," Sam said, but my eyes were still on Dylan. His was my mate. I smiled, my lifelong crush was my mate. He narrowed his eyes, getting up and walking over to me. My heart was pounding hard in my chest.

He reached me, clearing his throat, big enough catch peoples attention. "I just wanted to tell you happy birthday," I smiled.

"Thanks."

"And also, before things get out of hand here," Everyone was watching and listening. The only thing that could be heard was Sam dropping a glass cup and swearing. "We are nothing. We will never be anything. So before you go and get your hopes up, about anything, just know that OK?" He said, smirking.

I felt tears fall out of my eyes. Dylan was rejecting me. I felt pure happiness for less than a minute, and he was going to take it away from me. "Why?" I asked through my tears.

He sighed. "I'm going, to be honest, I didn't want you to ask that. Though, since you did, I'll tell you," He took a deep breath. "You're a fatass nobody, and I can't destroy my status for you." He shrugged. I gasp. He was mate, how could he say that!?

"Son of a bitch!" Sam boomed from behind the bar counter. He hopped over and came to Dylan and me along with all of the other people who parted, making way for him. "How dare you!" Dylan backed away.

"Father, I-"

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, and Dylan listened, looking down at the floor. He looked at me with sympathy. I shook my head and ran out of the diner. I didn't care what I did or where I was going all I remember is the sharp pain. Except for this time, it was in my heart.

____________________________________________________________

"Hey! Wake up!" I opened my eyes seeing the sexiest man I've seen in my life. Then I remembered something vital. I shifted, and now I'm naked, and a sexy man is looking down at me.

"Holy shit!" I quickly got up and covered myself the only way I knew how. By crossing my arms and putting my legs up. I looked at him like he was crazy, he was still looking at me. Only then I realized that he was naked. My jaw dropped, oh my lord in heaven. He was indeed the sexiest man on earth. Brown hair and a set jaw and beautiful eyes. Oh and that body. I tried super hard to keep my eyes from going south.

I swallowed. It was getting harder by the minute.

"You can look if you want." He said. I looked in his eyes. Was he serious? I blushed like crazy. Looking at my feet. "You know you crossed my territory?" I looked at him confused.

"You're an Alpha?"

He nodded. "How old are you?"

"16" 

He nodded again. Seeming to understand something. "You shifted and ran away huh?" 

I nodded. "What day is it?" I asked, wondering how long I've been like this.

"September 18." He answered. What? It's been 3 days!? Damn. "You know if you want you can come to my pack... You know since you told me you ran away and all. I don't mind having you here." He said, suddenly seeming shy. I smiled.

"I'd love that, but can I have a blanket or something...?" He shook his head.

"No, I'm going to let you walk around naked." He said sarcastically.

"Haha!" I laughed sarcastically. Then I remembered, this isn't Sam. He might get mad that I disrespected him that way, but all he did was give a laugh. "What's your name?"

"Victor, you?"

"Cassandra." I smiled. He stretched out his hand and smiled.

"Nice a pleasure to meet you, Cassandra." He said in a sexy, husky voice. I think my life can finally start to move up now. I wouldn't cry another tear for that horrible pack. I know I'll miss Je'Anna and Sam, but the rest of them can suck it. Especially Dylan. I'll show him one day. I'll show them all.

****************************************************************************************************

What do you think of the characters so far...? Tell me!

Vote

Comment

Fan <3 (If you want, no pressure) Lol.

~~Leilani ;]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5K 30
Omega rejected alpha regret it desc.: (Excerpt from story) Those heart breaking words leave her mouth, making tears flow down my cheeks freely. "I A...
2M 45.5K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...
22.6K 493 12
Past can never be returned neither can future be written. All those sleepless nights of painful rejection will never be forgiven. You'll pay for it...
1.2M 26.6K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 2. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "I, Chace Winchester, reject you, Alyssa Jackson, as my mate and Luna...